Why are gnome devs so retarded?

Vid related. They aren't the only ones at fault, but with a combined force of fucking Fedora contributers.

What is this? A video for ants?

why the fuck are you using fedora? most shitty distro ever, more shittier than ubuntu

The only fucking retard here is the retard who's unable to capture the screen and instead uses a cell phone.

Oh yeah, I could have taken separate screenshots. I was tired.

I need something that works annd isn't a pain in the ass to use. Not saying that any other distro is a pain in the ass, but I was tired of shit breaking.

Plus when I installed it, there was a lot of shit that wasn't working elsewhere, I needed a safe haven. The distro just works.

guhknowm

fedora is bleeding edge and you are talking about potentional breakages...

It's bleeding edge if you use Fedora 26. If you stay on Fedora 24 or 25 it's fine. I know that the operating system is a mere test bed but I don't care because it works.

Fedora is bleeding edge. Even the "stable" is bleeding edge.

Things might be working all right for you right now, but any of the (daily) updates may break your system.

If you want something stable you gotta use an LTS distro. Debian is pretty comfy desu, but it has old packages. Ubuntu LTS has newer packages, plus a huge selection of backports.

All this will be moot when developers start using Snappy/Flatpak as you could have a stable distro like Debian with bleeding edge software.

I did use Debian and Ubuntu, but I got tired of them, especially Debian because of the outdated packages. I have to say though, that Ubuntu with Unity is pretty comfy. If I were to install it again, I would use MATE though.

use imv instead

you will change distros for your whole life, until you realise that the best thing is to actually develop your own distro, and best tool for that is gentoo

I switched from Win10 to Linux Mint XFCE. Am I a cool Linux guy yet?

I can't take anything you say seriously and neither should anyone else.

So you don't take Torvalds seriously either?

Terrible

You'll never be part of the kool kidz klub with that mentallity.

Cool enough at least.
If you want more features try KDE. It's got more of a Windows feel to it, and is packed with features. It's also a big DE which isn't GNOME, which is a plus.

I use Fedora on my Thinkpad. Most Gnome applications I've used are complete shit. They look OK and they share a consistent UI, but the amount of bugs and strange problems combined with the UNBELIEVABLE lack of settings/options make me feel fucking insulted.

He actually got GNOME devs to implement the changes

Gala > Gnome

No, gnome literally has a screen recorder built in. Especially with wayland.

I tried installing gentoo 4 times and 3 of them were unsuccessful. The one that was successful was in a Virtual Box but couldn't connect to the internet, the rest on real computers. All failed attempts ended in a kernel panic saying that vfs can't load at (0,0) or something like that. I would say Gentoo is a God's tool, but I can't install it correctly for the life of me. I'm following all the directions too. I'm in an unending world of suffering.

I don't want to take the extra time to render to fucking clips together, I've already spent enough time compressing the video so that I can upload it, i don't want to spend more time rendering to pieces of shit together.

Listen faggot, no one knows what you're even rambling about in your OP. You're a facebooker who uses his cell phone to screen cap, bitching about GNOME because it's all you really want to talk about. You're too fucking stupid to hack on some C, of course, so you blame others for some stupid bug (who knows, can't even tell with your facebook screen recording.)

What about appimages?

Wouldn't it be better to use RHEL then? It's free for developers.

what a revelation

Appimage is literally an .iso with special instructions to execute a program. It doesn't install the program, it can't upgrade/downgrade packages, it doesn't sandbox the programs and doesn't have shared packages to reduce packages size, etc.

Appimages are great, but they serve a different purpose.

In theory, yes.

If you don't personally machine fabricate all your hardware you're a fucking newbie pleb that should just install MacOS tbh

Then you'll realise you need to write your own packages.

and you call GNOME devs retarded

Fedora has the problem of Debian with old-as-fuck packages. Great for servers, bad for workstations.
If you plan to do career Linux, you need to know RHEL. If you want to stay in the RHEL ecosystem, run Fedora on your workstation, sure, it will let you learn RHEL-ish stuff and SELinux and all that.

But Fedora sucks. It constantly breaks. I couldn't even manually update from 24 to 25 without major crashses, failed updates, and kernel panics.
If you jump to Arch/Gentoo/Ubuntu it'll be different than RHEL, yes, but you can build it to be what you want and use a server for RHEL practice.
The only reason I've done this is because I work as a junior admin with linux most days. If you just want to use Linux, then you will be much happier using a non-RHEL distro.

Also ubuntu and opensuse are grabbing good market share in servers, so go try that too.

I've been wanting to try opensuse for awhile now

please faggot, Opensuse Tumbleweed is bleeding edge

why the fuck are you not using KDE?

maybe he doesn't like it, nigger.

Just let it doe, they will destroy htmlse,ves when they rewrite ieverything in rust