What's a Tankie?

Can someone please explain to me what a Tankie is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk0S7c0z1bA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

google it

An avid player of World of Tanks.

It is a derogatory term for M-Ls that supported the USSR intervention in the Hungarian revolution.

On leftypol, it is generally used to refer to anyone that is not a left-com or anarcho-kiddy.

a fish tank enthusiast

Triggered

Now I want to play armored warfare again.

Anarkid bogeyman

WT > WoT

fuck off, you smug shits are the cancer of leftism, just explain it like
it

or how about anyone that isn't a Marxist-Leninist, which is like 99.9% of the left

I mean anyone who is a Marxist-Leninist which is like .01% of the left.

I had too much to drink today.

Considering the overpowering dominance of the right, it's hardly surprising that the most radical leftists are the fewest in number.

You fuck off, it's literally the first thing that pops up when you google it

nice try

yeah but not really though considering that many anti-revisionist Marxist-Leninist groups used the term.Anarchists, left-coms and trots latched onto it too making its actual meaning subject to wide dispute.

this poster got its Holla Forums meaning right.

Why anarchists here latched onto it is a mystery to me, a decade ago all you'd have to do is say "Marxism" to an anarchist and they'd laugh and then go beat off to Bob Black.

Basically a Stalinist

People who are against the Hungarian revolution

retards who can't into theory

People who believe their ideology should be spread and enforced through military force, and so condone soviet atrocities in crushing the Prague Spring, Hungarian uprising and so on using tanks, hence 'tankies'.

a member of the soviet patriarchy opressing unfortunate wymyn and lads that adhere to fullcommunism.

now listen to this soviet song about electricity posts.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk0S7c0z1bA

It's a Stalinist.

Post or pre Kruschev doesn't matter; Tankie on Holla Forums refers to a Stalinist.

I wouldn't go that high, but I guess there are a lot of stalinists in third world countries left over from 20th century failures.

I'd say that their numbers are only getting lower, though.