What Book Would you Send Into Space?

The current year is 3016. There has just been nuclear war and aliens have come down to bring down space communism.
All books have been destroyed except one, which you have put into a nuclear proof safe.

What book do you put in for the aliens to read and judge us by?

I say the illiad

Man After Man: An Anthropology of the Future

Just to fuck with their little gray heads.

Epic of Gilgamesh

The Conspiracy against the Human Race

Well, I'd want to help the aliens really understand humans. I wouldn't want to give them a false impression of us, since that could reduce the effectiveness of their efforts to save us from ourselves. I'd probably give them something like "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

If I was actually preserving a single book for future generations, it would be much harder to choose. Would it be better to save some of the most ancient written works, or should I save something more recent and relevant? Would fact or fiction be better? It's really too hard to decide.

Codex Seraphinianus

the script for paul blart: mall cop 2
just so the aliens wouldn't feel guilty about exterminating us

No book, just a singal image of Posadas.

Crime and Punishment.

Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce

The Phenomenology of Spirit

Really tough choice between:

Trotskyism or Leninism? by J.V. Stalin and
“Left-Wing” Communism: an Infantile Disorder by V.I. Lenin

If you can send one book into space you can send three. Phenomenology of Spirit, The Science of Logic, and Capital Vol.1.

Our history matters, and the aliens would only know we were certainly stupid and ended being unfit to be free by our own standard, but goddam all beings in the universe could use some Hegel and an example of how to use his ideas.

Peter Chimaera book of hsitorical faFfiction

Have you ever read the Phenomenology and Capital? Shit's written like a novel, it has irony, comedy, poetry, everything!

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

le >>>fringe poster?

An e-reader loaded with as many books as possible.

I'd go with Moby Dick or The Count of Monte Cristo.

The greatest book ever written.

The greatest love story ever told.

The Pali Canon. Technically, it's a single book.

Which is?

The Unique One and Its Property

You just fucked up. We are all going to die in a horrible space holocaust now. You shit.