The Truth About Shaving Cream

The number of people who have thanked me for liberating them from shaving cream is uncountable.

“Mr. user, I would like to thank you so much for…..”

I always know what’s coming next.

“….for liberating me from shaving cream.”

I’ve reluctantly concluded that my view that exposing the shaving cream racket is my single most influential insight.

Strange? Well, not really. Whether to use cream or not is something directly in our control, and this makes it completely unlike other troubles in the world. We can grouse about war, poverty, and oppression, but we can’t end them on our own.

We can, however, stop pulverizing and tenderizing our faces and bodies with nasty foams that contribute nothing and actually do harm.

I’m the last guy to trash a consumer product. I’m disinclined to blast the manufacturers of a beloved bathroom gel as deceivers who make money off people’s ignorance and perpetuate the problem they are supposedly solving, or charlatans who deliberately hook people on some chemically produced gunk solely for the sake of profiting from repeated uses.

But someone had to say it: shaving cream is a racket. It's a Jewish scheme to snag shekels from you and make your life infinitely worse!

Other urls found in this thread:

tucker.liberty.me/two-faces-one-totalitarianism/
tucker.liberty.me/you-absolutely-must-see-zootopia/
books.google.com/books?id=zneztyoU1bUC&lpg=PP1&hl=es&pg=PA189#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don’t people know this? It’s just part of the lost knowledge of our time. Wean yourself from it for a week, and you will find that your shaves will be closer, unbloody, and quick. Imagine a full shave in less than a minute, with no cuts, gashes, or discomfort. It is within your grasp.

You won’t have the face of a tenderized chicken breast. Your skin will be solid and robust. You will feel the same revulsion I do as you encounter that long row of shaving products at the drug store. You too will feel pity on the seven eighths of the human race that does not understand this simple point.

Why is the world hooked on this stuff? Here’s what happens. Early on in a person’s life, when whiskers and stubble begin to appear on the skin, the young teen is presented a razor and a can — a can with a squirting top that releases a foam. It is a charming little foam. The child is taught to rub it on and then shave it off.

Oh how funny looking it is when the foam is on us! And how fun to zap it off. We are left with clean and smooth skin. Pure magic. But the magic doesn’t last.

It never occurs to this child — so innocent, so naïve, so trusting — that he or she has been hooked into a lifetime of shaving hell. That foam, that sweet looking puff of magic, is in fact the great enemy of a good shave — black magic that relies on perpetuating dependency and ignorance.

The problem is this. Shaving cream does something evil to the skin. It somehow weakens the pores and makes the top layer mushy and unresponsive. The kid comes to believe that somehow the foam is essential to the experience. Without it, surely the razor would leave a trail of blood.

But then strange things start to happen. Red lumps appear. The shaved skin comes to feel sort of strange, oddly sensitive to temperature changes and ever more vulnerable to being sliced and diced.
People think: oh I need a new razor! So they go out and buy ever more fancy brands, with multiple blades, pivoting heads, strange lubricants, and push-out tools to deposit the hair remains in the sink.

They don’t consider that it might be the shaving cream that is the source of the trouble.
Why don’t people imagine this possibility? Because shaving cream seems so frothy and innocent, the glorious barrier that stands as a guard or shield between your skin and the sharp blade. The cream is our valiant protector, so surely that is not the source of the problem!

In fact, it is not our protector. Shaving cream is destroying your skin, turning it into a whining, pathetic, dependent, beaten, insipid layer of pasty pulp. Your skin has become the fatted calf that has been killed, the lamb slain on the altar, the virgin sacrificed in some ancient cannibalistic ritual of an uncivilized people.
Of course the problems persist — and get worse.
There are many attempts to avoid them along the way. People try aftershave, more and more and more of it. Pretty soon, they are tossing handfuls of the stuff on their skin, putting alcohol all over tenderized and sliced up skin. Then they become attached to that too. But it is not enough. The redness and pain are still there.
There are those who believe in hot lather. They buy fancy machines and rise extra early to warm them up. There are those who make the leap toward electric razors that swirl and buzz around in a creepy sort of way.

Stop the insanity!

The core problem is shaving cream itself, and the solution is a radical one: throw it out and never buy it again. It is destroying you and making your skin weak and sickly.

But you say: surely if this were true, it would be common knowledge. But no. There are many things that are true but are nonetheless not generally known or applied. The truth that shaving cream is a racket should be added to this.

Many problems in the world cannot be solved by one person. But this one can. You can begin the process of letting your skin become normal again. You can restore your skin’s health. It won’t take longer than a week or so. Stick with it and you will see what I mean.

The first stage of freedom uses only a razor (I like double blades) and a bit of baby oil or mineral oil. While in the shower or soon after you get out, put some oil on the skin area you want to shave. Then shave it. The end.

At first, it won’t feel right. You might cut yourself. It will be scary. Your skin might hurt a bit. It might swell up. Why? Because you have turned your skin to mush for decades of shaving cream use. It needs time to recover from this. You need to do this for days.

This is your first day of relief from shaving cream hell. Your skin is recovering. Do the same the next day. And the next. And the next. After 5 days, normalcy will be almost returned.

After a week, you can even give up the oil and use only warm water. You will find that you will be able to shave ever more swiftly and with ever more abandon. A man can shave his whole face in 20 seconds without a single abrasion.

My freedom from shaving cream began twenty years ago after a friend uttered to me — just in passing, in the course of a conversation during meal preparation — the great truth that shaving cream is a racket.

I was stunned. It took many months to process the information. Ever since I have exulted in my knowledge and felt deep pity on the rest of the world for languishing in unknowingness.

Navigating life in an age of despotism is not easy.

Why can't I hold all these Kike references. They pay you too much.

I said kike once.

I am 100% serious here guys. Stop using shaving cream, I promise it will help you in the long run.

i believe you, but i think itd be better to post this after the election is over

You used so many words and told me nothing new.

Liberation never waits for elections, user.

You are part of the 1/8th of the white race that understand this vital information then, user.

Shaving cream/gel is a fucking scam. I'll try mineral oil. Shave Secret is a clear, colorless oil that works really well and stretches for a long time. I wonder if it's just overpriced mineral oil.

Conditioner does ok as well.

Also get a set of trimmers. You'll save a lot of money by doing your own hair and not having to pay for new razors and haircuts twice a month.

From what I can gather, it's just mineral oil with a little menthol and vitamin E mixed in to help relax your face muscles.

I know that article. It's from that libertarian dweeb with the bowtie. Jeff Tucker. It's accurate, shaving cream is a waste of money. Not really politics though.

Meh. I just use an electric shaver. No need for creams or oils for me.

I just stopped shaving and now have a beard. Problem solved.

(checked)

I have never used shaving cream. I just wet the blade if I'm using a straight razor or I go at it raw with a pair of clippers. Never cut myself or anything, just wipe my face with a wet rag after and maybe a dash of rubbing alcohol if its a little tender.

There are many ways to look manly, and depending on your style, you may or may not need to shave.

At the very minimum you better fucking trim your neck hairs though, user.

correct, but I think it's very much related to politics.

See

I honestly just use a dash of coconut oil when my skin's raw. Seems to do the trick.

he's right.

I'm not sure why OP recommended mineral oil, which can clog up your pores and lead to more irritation during shaves. You want something like jojoba oil if you are going this route.

I wish I didn't have to shave my neck. I have hair that grows thick all the way down to my Adam's apple while the hair is only just now starting to fill in around my cheeks. I look like a drug dealer within a day and total neckbeard within three days if I don't shave

Oil would probably do the trick if you were going for a super smooth close shave. Would also keep your blade healthy. Coconut is a good choice, its antiseptic and soothing in its own right

I don't have much of a neckbeard to begin with, I can go a couple weeks before I have to trim and shave. Truly a blessing for the lazy.

I just cover my face and head with a washcloth while taking a shower and then rub the area with some baby oil afterwards. am I doing anything wrong?

The oil is just to get you used to it for about a week or two depending on how often you shave.

I feel your pain, user.

East Asian detected.

Nope, that's the good 'ol barbershop method.

I'm assuming you wash your face of course.

Can't you just use soap or toothpaste?

Shameful display. Enjoy rubbing fluoride on your thyroid you fucking mongoloid

probably more like lowtest faggot

well yeah. I have really big 2 square foot washcloths I wash my face and head with that can double as a shower turban.

please tell me you faggots shave the neck. unless you're wearing a fedora or can code assembly there is no need for that.

Niggers will grab at your hair in a fight. Short hair is just a good defense.

Hol up so you be sayin barberskum is what it sounds like?

Ayy lmao

On the flip side, niggers have been known to avoid men with long hair. Probably afraid of the AIDs.

says the guy posting a fucking JEW pig

if you have long hair niggers will think you are crazy. but you better be jacked as fuck because if youre a low test faggot they will humiliate and wreck your shit like a girl

Not politics related. Feels like sliding.

That said I never used any shaving cream or whatever, just throwable 2 blades fixed head razor.

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen on Holla Forums

I have a redish orange beard. I wonder if girls can tell that you dye?

My beard actually varies between black, brown, red, and blond

Sliding? No.

Just funposting about a legitimate topic.

(((1)))

This is the best thread on Holla Forums because it's giving good advice to people!

You mean that libertarian dweeb who's gone full cuck recently.

Also, most girls will think you dye it even though it's just Irish genes.

Only tool I ever need, really. I use the shampoo foam when I take a bath, or only warm water. My shaving foam rusts and goes to shit, so I never use it.
Double/triple/quadruple blades are stupid and they all get stuck.

full cuck? no wonder, libertarians & their open borders policy, fucking cucks!

closest shave i ever got was with a bic. smells terrible though, burnt hair

I don't have much facial hair to begin with (1/4 Jap) so just using some hot water, or if I'm inclined some lather from bar hand soap for my bi-weekly shave is more than adequate. I've tried the Williams shaving soap but it just isn't necessary for me.

Never used a straight razor but the "old fashioned" Gillette safety razors work great. I use the "Fat Boy" adjustable style manufactured in 1958-1961, considered by many to be the best razor ever made and very expensive if you don't luck upon one at a garage sale, as I did.

Coupled with the ~10,000 new-old-stock blades my father bought for 40 bucks 15 years ago, I've got generations worth of basically free shaves secured. Feels preddy good.

No. Seriously. Try phisoderm. It is an anti-acne soap with salicylic acid in it. That shit destroys grease and gives an amazingly smooth close shave. Next best is plain bath soap. Anything else is shit tier.

what harm is oil when it's used after a shave?

your skin is supposed to produce oil. it forms a protective barrier. you're harming your skin by using salycylic acid on it

We're not talking about after a shave. We're talking about what to actually shave with. If you are going to post in a shitty slide thread, at least stay on topic.

seriously this is like the 5th thread with absolutely no content worth wasting your time on

Confirmed for fluffy faced teenager.
Shaving foam is shit but soap is not optional for a proper shave. You appeal to tradition then talk about using multi blade razors and mineral oil, idiotic.

Mineral oil irritates the skin.
If you want to know the best materials then visit a shaving forum. You will find the following is all you need for maximum economy and quality of shave:

Badger hair brush.
Shaving soap.
Block of alum (for nicks and cuts.)
Straight razor and strop OR safety razor (the one using the blade that degenerates use for chopping cocaine.)

One straight razor will last your whole life, same as a good quality badger brush. Safety razor blades are incredibly cheap and can even be resharpened using a strop.

Even if you insist on using a multi blade fashion razor, the badger brush and proper soap will extend the life of the blades and give you a smoother, closer shave. The beard should be well lathered with hot water for a coipe of minutes prior to shaving, so as to soften the hairs.
Rinse the blade frequently to prevent clogging.
If you are an economizer, once the multi blade becomes clogged (which it will), you can use an old toothbrush to scrub lengthwise between the blades in order to remove the stubble and rejuvinste the blade even further by stropping on the leg of your jeans or a belt. One blade can last for weeks or longer using this sort of care.

Treat cuts with a dab of the slum block, which can also be used as an aftershave by rubbing in the hands like soap then applying to the face (this stings, a lot.)

So either archive.is down or it's blocking my VPN.

In any case, you can probably detect the cancer based on titles alone:

tucker.liberty.me/two-faces-one-totalitarianism/ (pic related)

tucker.liberty.me/you-absolutely-must-see-zootopia/

report this faggot

My nigga.

Oil is good for your skin. While you want to wash out mineral oil because it can clog pours, baby oil/coconut oil and similar oils are great for your skin.

Your skin produces oil. Wiping a little extra oil on there will not harm you, and has no effect on acne.

It's called "hide thread."

It's not that hard, user.

Plenty of people produce excess oil. Also, salicylic acid is pretty amazing for skin. It keeps it fresh and youthful. Using a salicylic acid soap is like a baby chemical peel.

I know not everyone has super greasy skin like me. That's why regular soap is also an option. See . This faget gets it.

Yes it is. Soap is going to irritate your skin just as much as shaving cream will.

Don't be fooled by the shit your grandpa told you. He fought against the Germans, so what good does he actually know?

lol

Coconut oil is okay because of its antimicrobial properties. They outweigh the cons.

Baby oil is just scented mineral oil.

A couple months ago he was commenting on how he was ashamed of lolbertarians using the term "fascism" to describe the two candidates.

Goddamn son, I bought myself an edwin jagger DE89 with a bunch of blades to try them all out a few months ago.

I bought an Omega boar brush and some of that Razorock italian shaving soap

Tell you what right now boy, that soap is the best goddamn soap i've ever tried, it's all natural tallow, nothing added but whatever fragrance you buy, and its got coconut oil and shit in it.

I've been using the Feather blades lately, they feel great for me. The Derbys are too faggy, Astra's are okay, last a good 3-4 shaves, but still not hard enough.

OP is a gigantic faggot with muh minral oils

Are you autistic
Real fucking soaps made of tallow with added oils won't do shit except help you hydrate you fucking retard
Maybe if you put some cold water on your face after youre done you wouldnt dry out your dumbass neckbeard skin

The only time I use baby oil is to fuck your moms ass

Nope. You've bought into the razor company lubricant propaganda.

Necrophilia is degenerate.

An older man I knew referred to them as "The Gentleman's Razor", and Compared to modern disposables or electric they really are the best at maneuvering and getting a really close shave. Got a small collection of 7 or 8 vintage safety razors but those Fat Boys really kick ass, check 'em out.

Shaving soap does not irritate the skin because for a start it is washed off after shaving and secondly it has very few additives on account of its purpose.
The glycerine acts as a skin conditioner.
There is no sensible comparison to be made between real traditional soap and the chemical cocktail called "shaving cream".

Shaving companies spend billions of dollars a year to perfect the male shave, OP. I think they know a little better than you what works most effectively.

Try it for yourself and you'll believe me.

I'm telling you, get away from the soap for a week and go rawhide on that shit. You'll thank me later when you never cut your skin again except on accident.

This is truly the gentleman's forum of choice.

I wouldn't mind a cheap, healthy recipe thread every blue moon or so either. It's important that a man knows how to care for himself. In my family the men are taught how to cook so that they can teach their women how they expect dinner to taste when they get home from work.

plus it's an important life skill.

We used to have shitposting saturdays with original BO where we'd have these style threads.

Unfortunately those days are long behind us and imkampfy stomped those into the ground.

And you get ink all over your chin.

This is not politics.

I will, however, recommend using conditioner in place of shaving cream. Most any conditioner will do. Alternately, you can use a proper shaving soap.

Miscegenation is the cause of misplaced, unsightly hairs, that and obesity permanently stretching your chin skin below your skull.
I agree der untermensch should hide their faults.

I always just shaved in the shower while using conditioner on my head and face.

You're never going to fit in here Jeff, unless you ditch the degeneracy.

kids are faggots these days. men use a knife and water

404, thas rite.
has nothing to do with Holla Forums you jude. sage.

Water is wet.

Why the fuck would I pass on that
Do you even have a fucking razor you armchair barber

If you cut your skin youre doing it wrong you mongrel, I never cut my fucking skin and these fucking feather blades are supposed to be the sharpest there are

water is pretty fucking wet.

I did that once. It was ok. An actual razor and some soap is still preferable.

Obviously he means powdered water, user.

I ain't even mad

Of course not. You'll have good shaves from here on out, user!

retarded thread wtf??? Holla Forums is being hit hard today

How do you trim your neck hairs without making it uneven, or hitting your jugulars?

Anyways gotta go lift weights and get swole.

Smell yah later, faggots.

Actually probably not. Probably gonna get banned again.

electric beard trimmer and practice.

I got a bottle of shaving lotion from my local market; it was overpriced but I wanted to try it because I've heard about the bad things surrounding shaving foam/gel.

It feels just like any other skin lotion. My face doesn't have to be covered with excessive amounts of disgusting chemicals and I haven't cut myself since I started using it.

I'll order some mineral oil next time OP, that sounds way cheaper anyway. Thanks for the tip

HOW NOT TO SHAVE LIKE A LOSER
Heres what to get you faggots

Boar brush : cheaper than badger, fuck you elitists
Small bowl to do your lather in
Good DE razor for plebs (Merkur and Edwin Jagger are good brands)
Razor blades (Derby's are the smoothest, lots of other brands)
Shaving SOAP (not cream), get some good shit made out of tallow and shit

Figure the rest out morons

Wat
Just use a normal razor. How people even cut themselves with razors is beyond me, you have to be a huge fucking retard to manage that

no problem, just make sure to wash off the oil afterwards since mineral oil can clog your pores if left on too long.

shaving is for women, men dont need smooth skin

I haven't used shaving cream in almost a decade.

And you get a comfortable and perfect shave without covering your face in chemicals that dry it out and cause your razor to occasionally slip and nick yourself.

I never understood the point of shaving cream. Like, what the fuck does a cream do for hairs you're about to shave off???

I just wet my face with water and go at it with two of those little disposable razors. One for the course, thick shit, and the last one to get a smoother shave. Works great and I never get cut.

Why would anyone spend the money on some shitty cream that is going to be on my face for a minute?

The whole book is online:

books.google.com/books?id=zneztyoU1bUC&lpg=PP1&hl=es&pg=PA189#v=onepage&q&f=false

As for ==the tryth== about shaving cream, there's no hidden conspiracy. Yeah, obviously this thing makes the skin softer, that's exactly why you're using it, so chances of cutting yourself are lower.

You can just shave immediatly after showering, if you're so paranoid and look for alternatives for closing the pores that were left open.

Anti-smoothskin ghouls detected
Get out

Water dries out skin you dumb fucks

Yeah, it’s called an electric razor, you fucking retard.

I use pic related and shaving foam.

I rate myself pleb/10

Fuck off kike

There is no reason to use any fucking substance to shave your face. And water does not dry out your skin. Taking a shower in hot water does, among the plethora of other negative effects hot showers have on your body. That is why you shave your face with hot water and then take a nice cold shower.

woops this pic

Haven't taken a warm shower in months. It really massively improved my skin. You also feel more manly.

My combo

Dovo Bergischer Lowe
Uppercut deluxe shave creme

And cheaper in the long run

I've seen plenty of people who can't use those, specifically the shaving soap
Many apply it and their skin absorves it way too fast for a comfortable shave
If you have dry skin that soaks water like a sponge, knife and soap is a complete no-go

how to shave above mouth below nose?

plz no bully

Thats the only place you sholdn't shave :^)

So just use some conditioner? I was just about to shave.

What the fuck OP. You write in the most pretentious and ambiguous style something that should be written in a clear and straightforward manner, probably because you think you're funny and a good writer (you are neither), and meanwhile I just read three longwinded posts and I still don't understand what the fuck is wrong with shaving cream. Saying that shaving cream "destroys your skin" is really fucking vague and tells me nothing, you pretentious faggot. I use shaving cream every few days or so and my skin isn't "destroyed", whatever the fuck that means. It's not that fucking expensive either.

I'm not some "pro-shaving cream shill", in case any of you retards were planning on putting forth such an asinine accusation, and I'm perfectly willing to accept that shaving cream is indeed bad for your skin…

IF YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELF

See
OP didn't write this

Well OP chose to share it with us. So he's still a fag. OP is always a fag.

meant for

I had a 3-piece Edwin Jagger. Looked nice, but came with a big, deep scratch in the top that they obviously ignored and chromed over anyway. After about 2 years the threads got crossed or corroded (probably both) and I couldn't open it.
Replaced it with a 2-piece Merkur. The finish isn't as smooth and shiny, and a bit of the chroming chipped off of the handle almost immediately, but it's sturdy and the 2-piece design seems much more durable.
For blades, I like Feather. Try various and buy what you like in bulk.
I like TOBS cream. If it's dried out, you can pour an oz or so of water in the tub and it'll absorb it over a few days and be right back to normal.
The trick to saving money with DE shaving is to buy decent stuff and stick with it. Don't buy 5 different handles, and 10 brushes, and 15 different soaps/creams/preshave/postshave/etc. Stay off those shaving forums too.

i used shaving cream as ass lube once, how long do i have to live?

Not long since you probably have AIDS.

honestly still waiting for an answer on this

(divine trips checked)
I think I almost went through 1 can of shaving cream over 5 years of shaving before I realized that you really don't need it (my dad just uses soap). I figured it was just because I don't have very thick facial hair, but this user seems to go further.
Also started getting razors from dollar shave club for a couple years, and they sent WAY more than I needed so ever since then I have been living off the pile of extras and probably will for another few years.

My whitey
Forums are full of fucking faggot elitists
My EJ is holding up pretty good so far, and feather really are my favorite blades

Try Razorock soaps, they're great and smell great

Real men shave dry

Yes free yourself from THE FOAMY JEW!
Jesus Christ whats with these David Ickes level obsessions some of you had. Last year it was the "No poo" movement. Ridding yourself of the soul depleting menace of shampoo. These gotta be here to make Fascists seem retarded.

There's a reason mineral oil is used as a laxative. Its petroleum based shit that your body rejects. The term 'mineral' is a euphemism for 'petroleum.' Mineral spirits are alcohols and volatile compounds made from petroleum, just like mineral oil is a heavier oil made from petroleum. Its basically motor oil without the additives. If anything has 'disgusting' chemicals its mineral oil.