Is anime an ally to leftists?

Is anime an ally to leftists?

No

Hamster girl show is a leftist allegory

Oni-chan - proles
Umaru - bourgeoisie

Oni-chan never rebels against Umaru even though she incessantly exploits him. No one understands the extent of the exploitation because Umaru acts differently in public.

Like most media it had a period where many good shows/films with far-left themes were prevalent. I think it is stupid to make generalizations though so to call any broad medium an ally is stupid. Shit thread and op is a faggot.

>>>/leftyweebpol/

Is a twice baked potato an ally to leftists?

single baked yes, twice baked no

No, it's an ally to panem et circenses.

Are movies an ally to leftists?
Books?
Theater?
TOYS???

They are all tools. USE THEM!

I like to set my baked potatoes out in a pan lined with tinfoil and brush them with cooking oil so that the skins crisp up in the oven.

When they're done, I add sour cream, some seasoned salt and chipotle tobacco sauce.

Is this a proper proletarian cooking method?

Tabasco

Now I want to see onii-chan rise up against his oppressive bourgeois imouto and give her a proper revolutionary spanking.

Potatoes are bourgeois

Anime is practically the pinnacle of capitalist entertainment. It escapism perfected. Enjoy the exploits of eternally young, sexy, exceptional individuals. All while trying to delaying or numbing the pain of working 60 hours a week to make somebody else.

After a revolution there will be much, much less anime made.

Thank Christ

I'm jelly because they are qter than me.

Anime, like most artforms, is political neutral as a standalone medium. The industry itself is certainly no friend of the left given its continuing horrible track record of worker exploitation and abuse. Most writers and directors in the industry either are uninterested or too afraid to touch on more serious leftist concepts through their works out of fear of becoming "unmarketable." Those who do attempt such undertakings often find their message made lukewarm or lost in translation (figuratively or literally).

That's why we fight. That's the goal of leftism: we need to save anime from the creative controls of the capitalist industry and market.

What usually makes a show stand out from the rest is actually politicizing the art form which more often than not ends in vaguely leftist memes. And while it's stupid to define Hollywood as the baseline, in comparison anime is full of revolutionary comrades.

I mean sure Otaku and consumerism ruin it all to some extent, but it's also just fun. That said you are absolutely right about the industry, and the absurd deadlines need to end, people can handle 2 weeks or a month between the next manga chapter.

Moe is cancer though, and can die anytime.

You've just described pretty much all entertainment.

I'm not sure a revolution would actually alleviate many of the reasons why people turn to escapism. In fact, I think the increased freedom to be creative would outweigh the reduction in loneliness and depression.
I certainly wouldn't stop doing things I enjoy just because of a successful revolution.

Aye, only a filthy sasanach would ever forget the famine.

In other words, people should stop liking what you don't like?

it seems to me that anime has a strange obsession with youth and familial bonds, I don't really watch it but it seems to me to prompt almost fascist values or is that just me?