twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sometimes I just wish I was a wanderer in the Middle East somewhere

Maybe it was too much D2 Act 2

fuck off edm pussy

Oh Holla Forums never changes

obligatory

It's pretty good. Just got into them.

don't judge mengs

It's all really good and those albums have grown on me, I'm just being obnoxious. Orchid and Morningrise are just the two albums that I'll never get tired of.

I literally started listening to them like a week ago. I've really only heard their newer stuff like Heritage and Ghost Reveries. They kind of sound like King Crimson if they did metal.

They have that feel a little bit more with the later albums. The earlier albums are still proggy but have a different feel to it. Damnation is probably my favorite of their less-heavy albums if you're into that feel.

I don't mind the metal at all. I just haven't really explored much into their heavier stuff, I'll certainly give some of it a listen soon though. Know any other prog metal bands like them you'd recommend by the way?

Uhh, the really obvious ones other than Opeth are Dream Theater and Tool.
Agalloch and Ulver are both atmospheric black metal, which for a lot of people is sort of an acquired taste but if you like proggy stuff you might have an easier time getting into without first being into black metal. They have some really pretty segments.
Devin Townsend Project, Animals as Leaders, Between the Buried and Me are some of the more popular modern bands that jump to mind.
Green Carnation and Fates Warning are two "classic" bands if you want to start there.

If I were to recommend a couple of albums I'd go with Light of Day Day of Darkness by Green Carnation (concept album) and Ashes Against the Grain by Agalloch.

gud stuff

It's a whole new genre for me, I mostly listen to prog metal. I've been listening to Tool for some years now but never really expanded much more into the genre. I've tried Dream Theater but I just can't get into them, not that their material or anything is bad it just doesn't capture my attention. Haven't heard those other bands you mentioned but I'll certainly check them out.

Also do you listen to Mars Volta?

Even the music reeks of something autistic.

youtu.be/srDHiOyunCA

Excellent taste

If you like Tool here's some recommends.
youtube.com/watch?v=00eBkaefU_o
youtube.com/watch?v=E8tgLNgXCLA
youtube.com/watch?v=nGC9Lji2JLw
youtube.com/watch?v=gNIjZ_2jxeU
youtube.com/watch?v=6XtG5SGL0Xw
youtube.com/watch?v=FAuEb9L_Kvg
youtube.com/watch?v=cwZsqnjQi3g

I wrote all of these down for later reference, thanks. Skimmed through some of them and they sound like bands I'd enjoy.

I'm a cuck
youtu.be/L2Fv0MotSeU

No prob man, hope you like them

I'm not a huge fan. I used to listen to them a little but enjoyed At the Drive In more.

fucking normies

I listen to both but yeah I enjoy At The Drive In a bit more.

BTW if you like heavier prog you might like these guys.

Sounds good. Nice cover art too.

is pretty good

John Mayer's brand new album, "The Search For Everything", is fucking great! Nice mellow grooves. Nothing in your face. Good to chillax to.

I can shiggy dig it. Cheers to the la Gorillaz release at the end of this month.

I've got to say I thought Mayer was just a faggot until last summer but he did some good shows with Dead and Company. I've seen musicians that I respect play with those guys and struggle to find a balance between being themselves and playing along. Mayer impressed me, one of the better guys to play along the boys since Jerry Garcia.

Improv and his solo starts around 5 minutes.

Bless you, user.

Nice, everyone else itt has shit taste

I forgot how to genuinely laugh.

In love~

anyone else rip AACs from youtube - topic channels?

youtube.com/watch?v=xQCaWLF2gfs&t=161s

Shit taste.

80s weeb shit

I had black metal playing in the background and didn't realize it and I was like "well I don't remember that being in the movie".
I didn't realize this song was George Harrison. Underrated movie.

woah. a lot of shitty music here. a lot.

bah, video got taken down by copyright claim

This song is so fucking crazy and great!!!

People who live in Quebec and don't evem speak French, should really get the fuck out.

Multiculturalism is the most fucked up thing Ottawa has ever tried to impose to Quebec. I really hope that once Quebec become independent we we'll have better control over who come in.

I wish you all roc the best dealing with multiculturalism destroying your culture and finding trannies in your bathroom.

I still like their music thought.