2deep4u

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/b/res/6943131.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still haven't watched it.
So men
Something about unity though

Meh*

I hear that candy crush is a pretty popular video game.

checked

Evangelion a shit, its fans a shit, and ur waifu a shit.

That succulent hand-drawn art tho

It's also shit, because it was wasted on Eva.

The art was good, and no terrible depression-oriented plot-lines or confusing creationist concepts can change that.

I hope the purpose of this post was to be ironic.

That'll show them!

haven't watched it yet. right after i finish what i'm watching now. fuck you

Calling it retarded would be like calling Holla Forums retarded. No, this retardation is beyond Holla Forums. This anime is as stupid as the fucking tiddy bear and 52 flavors of gender bullshit they spew out in college put in a blender with a Down Syndrome cretin masturbating into it.

It's about aliens, the Bible, the Talmud/Kabbalah Satan kike shit, clones, souls in Gundam suits, spears being stabbed into the bodies of little girls and boys in those Gundam suits while everyone is all depressed because they have parent issues. Did I mention a little girl is the key to the apocalypse and in the end she really isn't? She ends up getting strangled by a crying emo twink and says she's disgusted with him.

The End.

LOLOLZ 2DEEP4U?????

Butthurt faggot detected:

8ch.net/b/res/6943131.html

I forgot to mention the faggots who enjoy this anime are the same faggots who think pic related is a master piece in the world of art.

You know what it is? It's fucking five years of period blood collected and this crazy feminist bitch shows it off to the world like it's something special. Just like this anime, it's stupid and Evangelion overuses symbols and philosophy and makes stupid metaphysical/religious references so it seems deep and special.

Every fan should fucking off themselves and let their parents save that money they're wasting on retirement.

More interpretations that. The complete works of kefka?
Sign me up

Than the*

I'm the guy who started the whole argument, you really didn't need to do this.

Forgot my sage just to prove it's me.

So long as you include the proper ending of the OVAs it's actually a really straightforward anime about how living is worth all the pain it causes, and that collectivist utopias can only take away pain, not bring happiness.

It's NEITHER deep nor pseudo-intellectual.

The only complicated stuff is the surrounding lore, but the actual plot is simple.

Those things feature in it, but it's not about those things. The themes are straightforwardly about an awkward kid who hates everyone making a choice between dissolving all of the painful individual consciousnesses into one collective dreamworld or letting humans on with all their foibles. It's very basic philosophy.

muh intelektuell :DD :D

Hey guys, what's up?

I noticed your thread and I decided to add my two cents.

Evangelion is such a great series! It's so rich in detail and the storytelling is mindblowing! I have read some comments on here that dislike the series because it's too hard to follow and it's "pseudo-intellectual." Let me explain and hopefully I can shed some light on this subject =)

This entire series is a coming to age story mixed with feminist themes. Shinji is a kid who was forced into saving the world from destructive beings. At his tender age of 14, being forced into fight or die situations can traumatize you. That traumatization leads to his questioning of life and thus the overall philosophy of the entire series.

Throughout the series we see how Shinji copes with the trauma, how it ages him and how it affects his interactions with different characters such as Rei, Asuka and Misato. I'd love to go into detail about these characters but I want to focus on Shinji. All you need to know is that these female characters are much different than the standard damsel in distress tropes of female fetale tropes. They are actually bad ass women who can take care of themselves. As I mentioned, the trauma ages him from little boy who doesn't know much about the world to grizzled veteran who is emotionally numb to it.

I read a comment about the end of End of Evangelion and how it didn't make sense. Shinji has now become a man and has shed off the boy within. His strangling of Asuka signifies his adulthood and rejection of the mother that children are so dependent upon. It may also signify the culture of toxic masculinity that comes when a boy turns into a man.

I recommend this show 1000000/10. This show will change your life and how you view it! Like I said before, it's so rich in detail. You can watch this show 100 times and come up with different interpretations. I even saw some Marxist, capitalist and anarchist theories. I have to watch it again but damn this would be great for my Culture, Gender and Media class.

Thanks for reading!

Toodles!! XD

You couldn't have !ade the show sound any worse my guy

This better be a modified copypasta

No it's real. Freud says the story has themes of returning to the womb whereas I see his strangling of Asuka as his rejection of childhood and embracing adulthood. However if you combine it with the trauma he suffered and society's definition of masculinity then Shinji is destined to become a toxic masculine person.

The feminist themes are quite clear through the female characters. The themes of economic theory are a little bit more subtle. I see the Angels as the proles whereas humanity can be characterized as bourgeoisie. I mean look how we destroy this planet in pursuit of mindless materialism. That is capitalism in its truest form.

Stop this

2DEEP4U??

You can't handle this work of art you filthy casual. Go watch some ABC dramas.