Luke Cage Thread

Luke Cage Thread

I've already finished it. It was pretty good, definitely better than Jessica Jones. It was also pretty cathartic after watching Daredevil to see a motherfucker just curb stomp fuckers left and right.

It kinda feels like the narrative isn't very strong because it drags on at times, but in the end it knows what its doing.

I'm a DC guy, so you wanna explain to me what it's about?

Shit, I forgot it was out already. Guess I'll tear into it tomorrow.

Luke Cage is a big black man who beats up bad people. I'm pretty sure that sums up about 40 years of character history as well.

In my experience, they ARE the bad people. What makes him so special?

Sad.

He's not a bad person
also he's bulletproof

and Doctor Doom hired him for a job that one time

Blacks don't like faggots, so I see why you got a problem with them.

Damn it, Doom, you're a gypsy, not a jew! PAY THE MAN, AND HE'LL GO AWAY.

Where's my money, bitch?

Well, see, I'd believe that but most faggots are black.

Nigger

The only faggot I see here is you.

You should post the rest. The old Cage (Power Man back then) comics are fucking hilarious.

Just because niggers fuck you up the butt every night doesn't mean ALL niggers do that.

Louis ck plz go
Niggers are terrible

That is why you haven't been on Holla Forums.

good point, niggers aren't gay, it's just that half of them have sex with other men while insisting that they aren't gay, so sometimes people misunderstand.

nigger ape thread?

Its pretty good, it just takes a while to get there. The second half is way better that the first half, which is refreshing for a netflix marvel show.

terrible.

and fucks white women.

Different people involved had different intentions. The person involved with costume was intending his "hoodie" outfit to reference Trayvon Martin, while the producer never thought that was the case.

I thought Jessica was the only white women he engaged in sexual intercourse with.

well, satan, i'm pretty sure he fucked squirrel girl at least once?

probably not, now that i think about it

in any case, he is definitely famous for having the only dick with low enough self esteem to let itself be engulfed by jessica jones' vagina.

That's flattering, but I'm Ulaac.

Shouldn't a bullet-proof guy trying to clean up "da hood" and such be wearing something like bright yellow? Draw attention to your impervious self, become a recognizable symbol of hope? I thought the P.I. gig was Jessica's thing, why is he trying to blend in?

I have hypotheses that I will withhold until more information becomes available.

Have you actually watch the show?

I remember him getting enraged when someone broke his couch in a fight, he yelled "That was my favourite couch! I HAD THE BLACK CAT ON THAT COUCH!"

Does she count as white?

I mean she is the Black Cat after all…

I find it funny that people are trying to affect change in the worst and most limiting way possible. They could use the money they earn to hold broadcast debates on issues but they'd rather do it through a television show.

Dealing with current issues in shows ain't new but the way modern writers handle it is just very condescending to the audience and poorly written. It's like you're being guilt tripped into approving a stories moral that is equivalent to the message on a Captain Planet episode.

Also that warped perception of hoodies linked to Trayvon Martin. Reminds me how people have lost the ability to judge things as they are but instead judge things as what they could be interpreted as. There was a recent Japanese commercial banned because it had a girl turned into an eel and cooked to promote a district or something. Instead of just saying it's a bad commercial, someone thought it represented the gleeful torture of a woman and the backwards thinking of Japan. A leap in logic that only one person who hasn't seen a therapist could make.

Haven't watched the show yet since I keep having a ton of Netflix shows in the backlog that I'd rather watch. Luke Cage isn't in my top priority of shows to finish up soon. I even forgot it was coming out so I haven't planned time for it.

Christ, Marvel's turning Felicia into another dick-loving super-slut. She's been banged by Daredevil, Wolverine, Puma, Anti-Venom, some other no-name schmucks, Spider-Man, and now Luke Cage?

More like Blacked Cat, am I right?

what.

I miss the days of implications. When femme fatales were temptresses, and not confirmed sluts.
We're done here.

>>>Holla Forums

Goddamned Cuckchan refugee, don't be sandniggers.

Either integrate or GTFO.

How about you go back to reddit.

Is it a comic book? No. Is it a cartoon? no. We're not forced to be clumped up all in one board here, newfag. Lurk more.

>>>Holla Forums

Not white but, Tigra maybe. I don't really know because I mostly remember him being a family dude.

Groot would have been the best babysitter.

That really sours my whole perception of the crew behind this series and the character.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Luke Cag'es origin involve him being a violent criminal and thug who any police officer would be justified in shooting? Him becoming a super hero was supposed to be an act of redemption… and even the original one was just a mercenary who was mostly concerned about getting paid.

It involves stryker framing him for drug possession actually.

Really the show is super far removed from the comic book origin. And for the better honestly.

Also is it me or is everyone who is criticising the show hasn't actually watched it?

why do you guys always come here asking for objective criticism about series when it's pretty obvious that this board is biased for the original material

I just can't stand any of these Netflix shows, like I get it they're made on a low budget compared to the movies but for the love of god can we have one scene where the lighting doesn't look like fucking ass?

and dropped, boy that was easy

The Luke Cage origin story
Pretty much Dindu Nuffin the superhero origin story you would expect

Started watching late last night. Got through the first 2 episodes and just finished the 3rd. I'm liking it so far but, I have one complaint.

How do you fuck up by not saying "Sweet Christmas"?

Just got done watching it all.
It was ok.
I'd say it was better than Jessica Jones.
Ending kinda sucked.
It had charmingly simple choreography.

Moments when Luke Cage gets preachy feel really heavy handed and really out of place a lot of the time.
The main villains all boil down to
Just like in all the other netflix marvel shows.
For a while I was thinking there wasn't going to be any white villains because the idea of
>racist white guy who is the man
Is the ultimate cop out.
And then that cop shot that guy.
And then that prison guard who was just a complete and total caricature
But for the most part most villains were black and that was nice.
Was hoping it wouldn't get all preachy about race, and then it did because obviously it would, but it at least wasn't the crux of the show.
The original song by Method Man was cringe inducing to me.
Didn't much care for "Long Live the Chief" either.

And now the Holla Forums fact of the day.
According to the New York Times.
Basically the black population is being pushed out by hipsters.
This is true of a lot of places.
Rent is being raised and the Afro-American types of businesses are being replaced by hipstery german-beer gardens and the like.
I find this hilarious

how does one defeat the hipster scourge that plagues this nation.

I actually like him as the best villain of the show. He reminded of Tony Todd a bit. I love that Warriors reference.

Vote Trump

HE DINDU NUFFIN

Who's the best villain on the show? My favorite is Diamondback.

I felt the parts were they bring up famous black people in conversation was a bit forced and preachy. Good show overall.

she may wear black but she's white on the inside. Like an oreo.

Funny you mention Harlem being gentrified. In Daredevil the excuse they made for Hell's Kitchen being such a shithole is that the Chitauri invasion wrecked the place.

wait a minute…

ARE OREOS FULL OF NIGGER SEMEN?!

maybe.

somebody do a storytime of this.

I finished it as well. Pretty good though it can drag at times. I do think it gets annoying with them mentioning famous black people for no reason. Crispus Attucks I can get cuz thats the name of the building but the other times it felt forced. Diamondback was the best villain. Pretty good show and I love the music. It felt Tarantino-ish at times.

Man, Method Man actually being Method man was really cringey. The rap wasn't that good. I mean I get it, you have to be the blackest show ever, but you could have asked Method Man to try a bit harder.

Anyway way better than Jessica Jones, and the second half of season 2 of daredevil, but worse than the rest of daredevil. The villains are great, second only to Fisk. Diamondback is the best, but I hate that bitch way more.

I now have hopes that Iron Fist will actually not suck now.

agreed that rap by Method Man was awful.

Just started the second episode and I just now figured out exactly what is bothering me about this show.

It's not a superhero show. It's not a marvel show. It's a show about the black experience, with a subplot about a guy who is impervious to pain and damage that beats up some gangsters.

Every single scene is loaded with talk about black poets, black historical figures, black athletes, black musicians, the magnificent blackness of Harlem… And on the side, they're talking about how all black people are degenerate scumbags running around with guns killing each other, and how the black politicians a fucking scumbags working with the criminals for their personal gain.

It's a mixed message, to say the least.

>>>Holla Forums

That's pretty much my impression, yeah. Solid but not bad.

I don't know about that, dialogue's a little worse, minus Jessica's crappy one liners. action sequences and shot composition seems better though.

Scarf winds up getting depicted in a more sympathetic light down the line, but yeah, I was disappointed that every major white character was a villain. Felt very forced.

The show getting preachy about race is a little unfortunate, sad to see it fall into the hole I knew it was going to be. I was a little happy to see that he was calling out niggers for being niggers a lot of the time though. That's what they need.

I think the point they were trying to make was to hold black people to a higher standard but yeah the whole talking about famous black people felt out of place at times and forced.

Thinking on it. It's a blaxploitation film made by people too scared to do a proper blaxploitation film. They don't have the balls to fully embrace the genre they clearly want to do. They tip toe around not being too blackpower, not being too funk, not going all out just kind of riding just under the line. I think I would of enjoyed the show more if they had just embraced fully what they wanted to do.

So you would prefer something like Black Dynamite?
Funny you mention them not wanting to do the whole blaxploitation thing. Mike Colter the guy who plays Luke Cage originally didn't want to wear the original Luke Cage outfit. Though they do it in the show though and I kinda like it.

It was explicitly meant to be a Blaxpotation film, without some of the more *potentially* racist undertones. That was what Mike Colter originally had misgivings about.

Also, to the people complaining about how shoehorned the historical blacks and poets are, I'm not against it at all. It's made clear that Luke Cage is an obscenely well-read man. The show is very heavily about black culture as a whole, but it pulls it off really well. It never devolves into hating whitey, or complaning about outside influences. The entire theme of the show can basically be summed up when Cage chews out the mugger in front of Crispin Attucks for being a nigger instead of a proper black man.

Not the guy you are arguing with but this is a great example of one of the many reasons everybody hates blacks.

I actually preferred Cottonmouth to Diamondback.
He was getting some good development alongside Luke, but they cut that short after killing him off, though I did like the conflict that led to it.
I don't think his sister who is fronting as a politician is nearly as interesting as him either.

good point especially about the Crispus Attucks thing.

It still feels very shoe-horned into the show though. It feels like they put that speech in the last minute though.

Luke and every other Black character that isn't a mook shouting "nigga nigga nigga!"

So, is this show's entire formula 5 minutes of Luke kicking ass, followed by 50 minutes of people waxing poetic about urban blackness for every episode? Because I'm having trouble staying interested in this shit.

More Shaft but not full Black Dynamite.

In all fairness, none of the white villains were exactly racist caricatures. Not even the evil warden - he was an asshole, but you could easily have turned Luke white and the warden's behavior wouldn't change one bit.

I know some SJW were disappointed that the show doesn't make "corrupt cops" the driving force of the story and rather the main villains are all black.

Can we talk about how every single villain in these Marvel shows are evil purely because of their fucked up childhoods? It worked really well for the Kingpin but Cottonmouth's backstory felt like a poor attempt at emulating that.

More like five minutes of Luke kicking ass, 45 of two characters standing in a room talking about their super duper evil plans, and then 5 more of waxing poetic.

The Hand ninjas were an exception though. But they weren't particularly better.

does Killgrave count as one of those villains? I mean in the show he was experimented on to save his life but I felt the show never made it clear if he was just a brat to begin with or his parents fucked him up in some way.

Yea, Purple guy seemed like he was always a little shit.

I always felt Killgrave was 50/50. He was a bit of a shit as a child, but nothing far from a normal kid. But since he had the ability to "punish" his parents, it prevented him from having any type of a normal childhood.

I like how this show manage to shit on BLM and democrats when the main villain who is black is working to ruin the also black main protagonist and he comments gun control was created just in response to slave abolition.

Hearing that line was the funniest thing this year

In the end when he was giving his speech in the police station he said harlem was the center of black innovation or something like that, I had to pause it and think "what black innovation?". Is he talking about useless stuff like basketball and music?

I actually thought he was Tony Todd for a bit until I realized Tony Todd was like 60 years old now.

He was so fucking campy that I couldn't help but love him.

I'm happy that they essentially made it a black-centric show from both the good and bad side instead of taking the easy way out and just making white people the bad guys.

They kept on pushing a thing on the early episodes where they show shit happening when some washed up singer sings a song. I always skipped those parts.

I was pleasantly surprised by that considering the eagerness of hollywood to virtue signal.

technically it was Diamondback who said that gun control was created to oppress black people but yeah, this show was pretty spot on though. I like how they call out Mariah Dillard on her whole Black Harlem project when she's a crook.

agreed, it was pretty well handled. The only complaint I have is when Luke Cage or some other characters start spouting off some famous black person or start saying Harlem is the home of Black innovation. It comes off as forced and feels like more of a history lesson. I don't mind the subject matter of famous black people I kind of wish they incorporated it a bit more organically. The Crispus Attucks bit was the one time where it felt legitimate.

Yeah, that was one of those preachy moments where it seemed like they just put the show on pause to give a sermon directly to the audience.

I was really disappointed with how creative the villains were in trying to kill Cage, hes bulletproof not invincible. Instead of trying to do something like drown him, burn him, bury him alive or poison him they just settled on "Hur Dur I have extra strong bullets!"

funny enough mariah suggested drowning him.

While we're on the topic of Luke Cage, has anyone else seen the new miniseries Genndy Tartakovsky is working on?

I read the first issue, thought it was pretty good. Love the art style, and it really embraces the whole blaxploitation aspect of the character.

Anyone else get some serious Hillary Clinton vibes off her character?

There is a thread about it!
It's good damn good!

sure, buddy

Wasn't Diamondback supposed to be the main villain? He pretty much drives the plot and everyone else is secondary

Hell yeah.

Yeah.. No one in these series can just be an asshole because they are greedy and petty. They have to have some tragic childhood where some other person was an asshole to them for no reason.

I don't even know why they bother to make the villains sympathetic, because it doesn't work and they end up killing most of them anyways, and the ones that don't get some asspull last minute save that keep them around for another season.

Yes I read the storytime of it. It was awesome!

I mean I can understand wanting to give your antagonist a motivation for why they're a dick, but having all of them be some slight variation of

Is lazy. Kingpin did it really well, but I don't want it to be the case for all of them.

agreed, though I think Killgrave was one where he wasn't very sympathetic, nor was Nuke but otherwise I wish they would do more variation. Hopefully with Ironfist they will.

I think the problem is that they are going too deep on it. A brief flashback showing how they picked up some distinct tick, a bit of origin story.. Sure. But with Luke Cage, we had entire episodes, hours of show, dedicated to exploring the backstory and emotional difficulties of shitty, overhyped wannabe crimelords and their petty political bullshit.

I don't give a fuck about Mama Mabel or how Mariah was raped (what a god awful character beat) and I definitely don't want entire episodes about how Misty Knight has this dark traumatic past that she had to work around or some shit..

They wrote this show like it's supposed to be some complex family soap opera. 99% of the audience sat down for this show thinking "HOT DAMN! I can't wait to see Luke Cage bust some shit up and kick ass and say Sweet Christmas!"

Instead, he spends half the damned season stumbling around and bleeding while we learn that Mariah is conflicted about killing Cottonmouth because she's a psychotic violent bitch.

I can wholeheartedly agree with you there. There was entirely too much of the show dedicated to Mariah's bullshit, and Knight started getting incredibly obnoxious due to her rabid mood swings and inconsistent role in the plot.

Also why the fuck is Claire suddenly Luke's romantic interest in the last episode? Not once did I consider their relationship anywhere close to romantic, Knight was the one who should have been Cage's love interest and the one who got the dramatic makeout, Claire shouldn't have suddenly decided she wanted Luke's colossal Donkey Dong after a single throwaway line in the last half hour of the show.

I think that's this show's biggest issue. It has a pretty decent start, peaks when Luke starts taking the fight to Cottonmouth, then trips all over itself after he dies.

Silverback probably should've been saved for season 2, much as I consider him the show's saving grace in the latter half.

Because they'd spent half the show getting closer and knowing each other better? It wasn't my favorite thing, but don't act like it didn't make sense.

seemed like they were good friends but yeah their romance was okay. I'm surprised they didn't cut off Misty's arm though.

That line caught my off guard. When that dude is going on a rant "muh black fear" I was about to roll my eyes, and then he drops that remark that gun control was made to oppress black people too.

Thankfully, the line wasn't treated with any degree of sincerity. I might have dropped the show if they had.

This video sums this up perfectly.

Sign me up

Genndy "back to the past" Tartakovsky. Heck yeah.

This guy hasn't even watched the show. Sure his statistics and what he's saying is correct but it has nothing to do with Luke Cage.
In the show
>towards the end of the show the antagonists set up a BLM type movement against Cage and their first meeting gets shot up
Luke Cage comes with a pretty conservative message.

I'm saying it came out far too quickly, not that it didn't make sense, you cunt. The relationship could work just fine if there'd been an inkling of actual romantic intention between the two aside from two lines.

The show's political agenda is really fucking weird. Mariah's an obvious allegory to Hillary Clinton, but it's still pushing the whole Black Lives Matter angle with the hoodies and shit. I mean it takes a pretty conservative stance on black issues which is actually kind of nice, Luke didn't spend the whole show trying to take down a big bad racist whitey who wants to sterilize all niggers or something. It's a shame the show itself isn't better.

Like, by the title alone I can tell this guy hasn't even watch the show.

I took the whole hoodie thing as how vain and shallow the black community is, since they only started giving a shit when Method Man started to give a shit.

While possible, I don't think that was the creator's intention.

I can tell is right just by reading the video title.

I'm half-expecting Action Hank to make a cameo.

It kind of feels like the director/producer had one vision of how to make the show and the actors had another so they just decided to compromise.

I wonder what vision each had? I know Mike Colter said that the hoodie thing was in honor of Treyvon Martin I don't know what the director/show runner had planned though.

The show runner specifically didn't have that vision in mind. There's a quote somewhere where they hadn't thought about it at all, but when they saw the shot of Cage in a hoodie walking into a hail of gunfire said, "Well shit, we just made something really symbolic."

Did the showrunner have a vision at all? If not that would explain why the show kind of fumbles around in the later episodes.

I was thinking "campy awkward take at blaxploitation" at first and then it kind of devolved into a mess in the 2nd half when Diamondback was introduced. That being said, Diamondback was probably the best part of the 2nd half.

agreed, Diamondback was awesome.

The optimist in me thinks they were trying to make some really subtle BLM criticism by depicting black police officers brutalizing citizens, as a commentary on black on black violence or how police brutality doesn't know racial barriers.

However the cynic in me thinks they just pussied out of showing white people harassing black people because that would have been too triggering and the showrunners likely would have caused them to be labelled bigots for showing that. No really, I can tell they probably did film some scenes where that white cop (the one leading Luke's manhunt that is always shown to be angry over the dead officer) did probably beat Harlem citizens, because he appeared more than once and was probably intended to be the perfect white caricature, but they deleted it.

As someone who's a pretty big libtard, I found this show ridiculously well balanced in their approach. I've already said it once, but the show was basically saying, "Yes, some people are putting down the black man. But if you'd stop acting like niggers, we'd be able to get this solved."

The most telling portion of the show is at the end, when Misty is shown to have made a catastrophic mistake because she "refused to trust the system," which is something you would never hear in a BLM show.

I'm surprised they did that "refuse to trust the system fucks you up" on a Marvel Netflix show since they usually tend to criticize the system a lot.

This show is entirely too much political drama and social commentary, made worse by the councilwoman character who only makes everything more obnoxious by being a horrible hybrid of Oprah and Hillary Clinton whose every scene is either undeserved moping or God-awful political preaching and grandstanding.

Mixed message is an understatement. For them to shoehorn in the BLM message, but have it come from the mouth of a character who is politically angling for power and personal gain is an odd choice.

I think they were trying to call out the race baiters with their own commentary in the show.

The rhetoric is a little too spot on and the framing of the scene doesn't come off as "evil psycho cunt whipping a crowd into a frenzy"

More like they were trying to speak to the plight of real people and real issues.

Really? The way it was framed was to stir hatred between the people and the cops. Yeah, its a real life issue but she was exploiting it to sell the Judas bullets to the cops.

You are actually an idiot

which is why it's a mixed message to go from
to
>The cops should be protecting US from terrorists and.. people with superpowers!

Well, easy to make the point that it takes two to tango; utter distrust on both sides ensures there's no chance of reconciliation. Unfortunately, it does mean you have to be willing to keep getting burned until you don't.

90% of the posts in this thread feel like they were written by black anons.

Be honest, how many of you are?

Although I haven't watch Girl Power Jones yet, this is by far the worst Marvel show for me.

Forced race baiting aside, the most interesting character in the show isn't even Cage, it's Misty. Cage is uncharismatic and wooden. Action is slow, boring and poorly choreographed. Plot devices that could have been set up within 1 episode (all the Pops stuff) are drawn out to 4 or 5.

Compelte and total drop in story telling and action quality from Daredevil.

At least Iron Fist looks good.

BLACKED

Found it

You people are looking way too hard for that shit. I was actively looking for it and didn't see any.

Which posts?

I just finished in, and for the first half of the series, all I could think was: This is Superman. Powered outsider opposed by a non-powered villain who feels he's the one that represents the soul of the community. It felt a lot like taking Clark, Lex and Metropolis to a smaller scale. While Luke isn't from Harlem, he's adopted into it and taught a lot about right and wrong by Pop. Cottonmouth sees Luke as an alien invader, and his entire businessman gangster thing is very 80s Lex Luthor.

Then the later half gets pretty crazy. Diamondback comes in, and he's like silver age Lex Luthor, over the top, even gets a power suit. There is even a red glow when he opens the box for the suit, if it was green it would have been a more obvious kryptonite. Overall the story become a lot more of a Marvel story after the second half, due to the public trust/distrust of Luke Cage. I know people are quick to get pissed off about any social commentary, but I think things were handled pretty fairly, barring a few obvious examples of preachiness. And Misty is a huge fuck up. Like, almost Jessica Jones level.

Then you are blind, deaf or both.

First episode "..if black lives matter…"
Second episode "building named after muh greatest hero"

Every other episode there is some mention of race.

Not to mention the lead actor going on about how innocent Tayvon dindu nuffin' and the hood costume is inspired by him.

I don't care about the reason for it, I always enjoyed when he'd change out a ruined hoodie for ANOTHER hoodie, even when on the run.

Was Hardcore in it? tl;dr: Only issue of Cage I ever picked up had him in it. He wears some sort of kevlar vest that protects him from people with invulnerability, and hurts Cage's hands to punch, he had long sharp nails made of some sort of metal that could cut Luke's skin, and fought with some weird weapons and had a ridiculous accent.

What about Tombstone? I know he premiered in Spider-Man, but he's basically a dark mirror of Cage.

I ask out of morbid curiosity, Cage is the absolute most boring super hero ever written.

No Hardcore. No Tombstone either, but I wonder if Tombstone is caught up with Spiderman rights or not.

wait is Black Panther fighting the Hand? The ninja's are dressed in white so it makes me think of Storm Shadow.

You know I never thought of it like that before.

I will give you that, the parts where they break out monologuing about black figures and Harlem were preachy, but at least this didn't show didn't include some blatant white strawmen. Yeah, two out of the most prominent white characters were dirty cops, but one was sympathetic and the other was hardly racist. Its a step up from current year Marvel comics who are about as subtle as a brick to the face.

underrated review. it's pretty much this. it gets a little preachy at times but it was pretty decent. second half went over the top nuts and that final fight with Diamondback was pretty awesome since it was essentially an old school street brawl between two super strong dudes just beating the ever loving shit out of each other for about 30 minutes.

also that ending for episode 3 was pretty great. Cottonmouth fires a rocket launcher at Luke from a rooftop to try and blow him up.

also nice nod to the comics in Episode 4 where Luke gets to be in his original Powerman attire, silver tiara and bracers included.

come to think of it Diamondback's power suit in the finale is also his comic attire, albeit with the additional helmet and gauntlets.

It's a slippery slope, you can't blame people for assuming it'll only get worse from here. You've got modern identity politics to blame for that.

I don't get videos like this, like if this fag doesn't like superhero movies and what not why even talk about it? Seriously nobody outside of casual and Marvel fags are talking about this show, but I guess every show with a main black guy in it is now some sort of plot to make blacks the superior race.

Fucking Holla Forumsacks.

There's a huge difference in the show talking about what it means to be black, and race baiting. The show is obviously meant to be made for black people. It's going to discuss being black. That doesn't mean it's fucking "race baiting."

I've watched a lot of stuff made predominantly for white people, and I've never seen a discussion of "being white".

You assumption that it's going to automatically discuss race just because "black people" is stupid.

That's because discussions of "being white" tend to involve someone telling you how evil white people are.

Yes but the fact alone that it "talks about being black" is race baiting.

Why, exactly, does a show about a man with super powers need to talk about "being black"?

Injecting race into a story where it does absolutely nothing for the story itself is race baiting. It's literally only there to push an agenda.

Have you watched the show at all?

They got Method Man to rap about how Luke Cage is great becausehe's a bulletproof black man who don't afraid of no cops. He even namedrops Trayvon Martin and they start a trend to get black people to wear hoodies full of bullet holes to protest the police and show solidarity with Luke Cage because he's black.

Finished watching this last night
I like Luke Cage. His character is consistent throughout. His intelligence only comes off as jarring because he isn't in 90% of the fucking series, which is the biggest problem.

Cottonmouth and Oprah Clinton are terrible villains. We've had enough series about black criminals and their stupid bullshit. This didn't need to be one of them. Cottonmouth's death only mattered because it became the running plot for the rest of the series, but the character himself could have been removed entirely with very little difference except the show being shorter.

Speaking of Oprah Clinton, I fucked HAAATE that she got to the end of the series without any fucking consequences. I hate that her faggoty little assitant never got shot in the face. I hate that the police are so fucking incompetent that they couldn't charge her with anything. I hate that Diamondback never punched her bitch little head off her dumpy body. She is an overall detriment to the series and it's infuriating to think that she might be back in other series and seasons.

Diamondback was fucking great. His powersuit was kind of lame looking, but he was entertaining every second he was on screen.

Shades and Domingo stood out as particularly good actors/characters too. The forced romance between Shades and Oprah Clinton was entirely too forced.

Claire was pretty damned good too, but that's because she was part of the story, not something happening parallel to it or against it. She participated and saved the day, but never once did it feel like this was the Claire show. Not in the way that Cottonmouth and Oprah Clinton did.

The Judas bullets were overplayed, in my opinion, and it was way too easy for the cops to suddenly gear up with a super expensive, hyper destructive bullet.

And there was definitely racebaiting in this shit. It wasn't so bad at first, but the last 1/4th of the series made it especially. They had so many black and hispanic cops at the start, but by the end, the police are 90% white, including on especially aggressive asshole officer who just seems out of place.

Overall rating: Needs more fucking Luke Cage in the show called "LUKE CAGE"/10

So, my thoughts on the ending were that it wasn't a great ending, but it got me super excited for the season season. The entire season, I loved how Shades was acting as a sort of Zen Criminal Master for Mariah as she learned how evil she actually was. I was hoping those two would be the big bads of the season, but instead it set them up for season 2.

Also, the Shades/Mariah kiss at the end was just fucking random.

I think its meant to show how dependent Maraih is on shades, and how less of a shit Shades actually cares about her.

I love the Judas bullets if only because it levels the playing field for the Punisher to fight in the Infinity War.

Nigga, you just upped my hype meter!

None of the television actors are going to appear in any of the movies. It's a legal nightmare to do that sort of thing.

Boy my English fucking died there.

Point is Mariah a shit, and shades is the real power behind the throne. Both are gonna get fucked when Fisk gets back.

Actually all the defenders are required by contract to show up in a Movie if the studio asks.

The Judas bullets have a few problems. First of all being that they can't actually kill someone like Luke Cage. They fucked him up good, but that's because his powerskin, or whatever, was pushing the shrapnel into his organs, for no reason.

The rest of the Marvel characters that have been established could either be taken out with normal bullets or they are already protected by shit that makes them impervious to shit far worse than the Judas bullets.

They were slowly killing him. His healing factor kept him living longer than he had any right to, but they were *definitely* killing him. There's also real good reason to suspect those bullets were originally made to kill Iron Man, considering they were made by Hammer Tech.

A bullet that takes a few days to kill someone isn't quite as useful, is it?

Besides, Vision can just phase that shit right out of him and any other hero hit by one if it really came down to it.

Just because Hammertech is made to take out superheroes, doesn't mean it'll work. It seems overkill for any normal targets though.

Oh, definitely. Falcon or Black Widow or even Ant-Man would be pulpy red chunks with one Judas Bullet. Most of the rest of the Avengers have means to survive, dodge, or block them, though.

I'm still surprised they didn't try to drown him or use poison gas on Luke Cage. If they wanted to kill him they could get creative with it since he's bullet proof.

Anyone got the 4k torrents?