Palm Oil

Is palm oil a good fat, or should it be avoided?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-GiulGlqg
mystery-babylon.org/easter.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the main oil niggers in Africa use for their food. That being said, it's bad for you.

why? what's bad about it?

Palm oil causes a bad reaction in about 10% of the population. By which I mean bloating, discomfort/pain, nausea, diarrhea, etc. It is a pretty severe reaction and occurs severely even if there is only a little bit of palm oil in the food. For the rest of the population, it is simply indigestible. It has supplanted soybean oil in food manufacturing because the US is subsidizing it to the point where it is cheaper than American soybean oil. We did this to help counter the Middle East oil price war that has gone on for the last 10 years. We are getting cheap oil from South America, but in return we subsidize palm oil production under the guise of "creating jobs" in the 3rd world nations, as well as doing good for the environment, because these huge palm oil plantations are being planted where the rainforest has been cut down.

The thing is, demand for palm oil is so high (because it is cheap, because it is subsidized) that they are now cutting down MORE rainforest than ever just so that they can plant more palm trees. And the locals who do the work on these farms get next to nothing in pay, while the corrupt plantation owners (government officials) keep all those subsidies.

So you see, OP, palm oil is actually quite bad for a lot of people, nutritionally, physically, financially, environmentally, and politically.

Here is an experiment to try: Go buy some Easter candy that does not contain palm oil. See if you can. They are putting it in everything…even things that don't need it.

[citation needed]

Plain false. If people could eat fried stuff without digesting the calories of the fat it would be the single most valuable crop on this planet.

[citation needed]

(Soybean oil is utter crap anyway)

Most palm oil comes from Asia, then Africa. The only South American country with substantial palm oil production seems to be Colombia.

You have provided evidence of none of those claims. And even though I think you may be right about some of the environmental/political issues associated with it, I'm yet to see the sligh evidence palm oil is bad from a nutritional point of view.

In fact, palm oil seems to be roughly comparable to butter, at a small fraction of the cost.

If you masturbate to the destruction of tropical forests then this oil is for you.

This post is on point. Said nearly everything I was going to say. Bravo!

fuck jungle
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-GiulGlqg

mystery-babylon.org/easter.html

I put a little of it on my cock before it goes up a nigger boys butt

pic related
Pay me to be your teacher, or educate yourself, pleb.

It's a natural laxative, depending on your situation that may be a pro or a con but if you end up stranded on a desert island remember diarrhea will dehydrate you.

From the outside it's hard for the general public to tell the difference between advances in science that better inform what we decide to eat and arbitrary marketing ploys which try to sell fussy middle-class people a different superfood every so many years.

It doesn't help that the media are scientifically illiterate spreading misinformation as fact without ever consulting a qualified expert other than the one that wrote the press release.

nigger teir oil
Good for you

Use coconut or olive oil. Is any food that comes in a large plastic jug good for you?

boohoo. if tropical forests can't adapt to changes in their environments, they deserve to die.

Humans destroy forsests
Humans die out
Forests regrow after humans are gone

boohoo. if people can't adapt to changes in their countries, they deserve to die.

Low hanging bait right here.

I cannot exactly remember, but palm oil might have a high amount of trans fats so whatever you do, you need other oils in your nutrition as well.

natural selection is a bitch

Better than rape seed oil. Rape seed oil rapes your insides and gives you cancer.

I've never seen palm oil in large plastic jugs.

Maybe it's because palm fats are about 50% saturated fat and therefore semisolid at room temperature.

On the other hand, soy, canola, and sunflower oild do come in huge plastic jugs…

it does not, furthermore, due to its very high smoke point it is one of the fats that is less likely to transform into trans fat when cooked.

An actual legit answer on Holla Forums? WTF?
This, OP.

are those dates?……………. i love dates

An actual legit samefag on Holla Forums? WTF?
This, OP.

Too bad you've never been on one.

Except pretty much everything he said is unsubstantiated crap.

Shut the fuck up faggot, this is not the time for snacking

hoho ;_;

What did you just say to me, you little cunt? Back when I was a Chinese sage wandering the countryside I used to knock on poor villager's doors like your mothers and ask them to stuff dried dates in their virgin daughter's vaginas. Yeah, that's right. I came back a week later and devoured that youthful jing which you are now lacking. My spiritual essence is on the up and up; can't say the same for your bitchass.