FUCK YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/anonymous
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm gettin too old for this shit

FUCK, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?
we don't want no fucking ids

don't need IDs for that, or for anything else

interesting.. tor users have id 000000 ?

Speak for yourself torfag, every time he have IDs post quality increases as retarded samefags give up replying to their own shitty threads.

It's a win-win, what the fuck is the problem?

it's Holla Forums, fucking newfag. Go back to reddit

we've been over this every time they've put in IDs over the years

i see that it also has a few good sides, but it takes away a lot of the fun. also its against chan culture where no one has identity

Oh I'm sorry, is your perfect world where everything can be countered with "newfag" or "samefag" getting a little shakey now?

also: the fact that you know that i'm a torfag makes you assume things

If you think we should have IDs and don't appreciate the benefits of anonymity on a random board, you are a newfag. I'm not randomly throwing out names here.

Persistent identities lead to all the problems you see on regular forums, no identities leads to half the problems on imageboards (low quality retards and people trying to "troll" by arguing for both sides) temporary identities that only exist within a single thread avoid both downsides.

Such as? I use tor sometimes and are using it more and more just because I value privacy in a world when it's being stripped from us at every opportunity.

it also brings "reputation" back into the game. you get a reputation within the thread and you start to behave different.

maybe some of the people here think that i'm a pedo or a privacy weirdo or something. without ids i don't have to fight against bullshit like that.

B-but my anonymity? How can I be a retard if people can call me out in it?

if you don't value anonymity, what are you doing here? go back to facebook

By "benefits" you of course mean samefags shitting up the board bumping their own threads and threads getting derailed by arguments over who's samefagging, or trolls and shitposters just flooding shit, oversaturating threads under the illusion of being multiple totally different and real arguing anons. By having a temporary identity in each thread quality and enjoyment for everybody except thread-shitter-uppers increases.

Why? When that "reputation" only lives as long at the tread, ~2 days on Holla Forums why care what people think? It's not like they are going to call you out for something stupid you said in an unrelated thread.
I don't know what other boards you use (because we don't have persistent identities) but I'm sure you have seen the benefits of IDs on other boards.
Some of my favorite Holla Forums moments are when literal shills get caught out by IDs.

You don't need to justify shit, do you seriously feel the need to defend you use of tor to some faggot that questions it?

How does a randomly generated string effect your anonymity? Is the fact I know you use tor somehow making it easier for me DOX you?

none of this has been a significant problem without IDs

you're using an assault rifle to kill mosquitoes

you don't get it. i don't need to justify shit, yes. still there are people who behave different because they know stuff about me. i would behave different when a country flag is posted on every post i make, because i represent my country this way. people no longer think an anonymous dude posted something but a guy from that country posted it.

funny how you make a pro-ID post and use a picture of that asshole Lindsy Bagel

Nationality tells users something about you, a IRL fact that can function as a lens on your opinion. eg. if someone from Turkey is anti-Assad I will think it's due to the economic benefits Turkey will gain from him being overthrown.
This is why as far as I know every board with flags has the option to turn them off, however knowing you are a tor user doesn't offer a lens to focus on you opinion. If you are pro-CP people are going to think it's because you like CP whether or not you use tor.

I have listed several of the reasons I'm pro-ID, another I haven't covered is the fact I started on halfchan in 2006 and have seen it turn to shit over the years and much of that shit can be directly countered with IDs.
I post in these threads because if only anti-ID users do so it doesn't provided and accurate picture of the users stance to the admins not that they give a fuck either way,

bitch don't even get into an oldfag dickwaving contest with me. I started in 2007 and remember perfectly well that IDs made Holla Forums no better whenever they were added

just admit that you don't want anonymity

maybe i posted in a thread that i like the ideas of communism and i want to say something about gay rights or about gender equality or womens rights or what ever.. with ids you could think of course is a communist pro gay or something like that. without ids i can say everything i want without having to fear that you draw connections like that

Explain how thread based IDs make it easier to identify you IRL and I'll accept you have an argument.
Also I'm sure you will agree that halfchan was dead long before IDs were introduced, it was effectively giving a vaccine to a corpse.

people who want IDs are the progressive cancer that will destroy imageboards. They are like the government that implements regulations with no fucking idea what consequences they will have

where did I claim they do?

i guess you're right. its the same with cameras everywhere. people say they don't hurt anyone and help to prevent crime.. they don't do that, but they have an effect on everyones behavior.

If you state your stance on any issue people know your stance, if you don't want people to know your stance keep it to yourself.
The only thing IDs do is stop is you posting saying you are pro-gay rights then turning around in the same thread saying hang all faggots.

Then we have different definitions of anonymity dictionary.com/browse/anonymous you could argue that #3 means IDs remove anonymity but so does posting an opinion or picture.

Make a rational argument against them. For camera's it's easy, it's a violation of your privacy to be recorded against your will, once you factor in facial recognition software that can track your movements through a city it becomes a major issue. I just don't see the downside to IDs and have yet to see anyone make an better argument than "I'm a spineless faggot and don't want to be held accountable for my opinions within a thread".

these don't make it possible to conclusively link different posts to each other. IDs do.

How do IDs reduce anonymity? What is your definition of anonymity?
This is grade school shit, given those two questions you should be able to articulate an argument.

But that happens anyway. There are people who respond with the same theme of image, like an anime character pulling various faces. Faggotry finds a way.

ids give you identity in a thread
you're no longer completely anonymous (even if those posts still can't be linked to your rl identity)

yes, but they choose to do that.. with ids i have no choice

that's samefaggin and i see your point there. you however missed my argument completely

I literally told you in the post you replied to

going out now. you all can stay here and jerk each other off.

Anonymity doesn't mean no one knows that you were response number 3 and 7, this is why I keep asking for a definition of anonymity because the accepted definition doesn't apply here.

I get what you are saying but don't see the negative. Pros - stops samefags, stops low effort trolls, Cons - …..

i think its negative if people can link different arguments i made, so that it fits their small view of the world. i think its sad if people no longer say what they would say without the ids. why not use a normal forum then? you're also anonymous there. ids are bad.

I covered why I hate forums here , persistent IDs lead to factions over time.
I agree it would be bad if people didn't say what they thought because of IDs but I don't see why that would be the case.
If there was one thread that lives so long and got derailed so many times it covered dozens of topics and every time I gave my opinion there would be a point where I have opinions that seem contradictory when taken on their own and if that did happen I would have no problem explaining why I hold those opinions.
This has happened in a more limited sense because people tend to think "left v right" when talking politics and as a libertarian I support gay rights, drug decriminalization and gun ownership which doesn't work when viewed through the "left / right" lens.

Glad the moderators are having fun, maybe they can shut down the site for 4/20?

REMOVE IDs

REMOVE FUCKING ID

Shills and samefags blown the HECK out

suck my dick

Fite me faggot, if you are too much of a newfag to use a proxy or reset your modem you don't deserve to be "anonymous."

Protip: You will still be anonymous, you just won't able to pretend to be retarded as easily.

lol. do you know what kind of cereal i ate too? fuck off newfag.
get the fuck out of here. no, seriously, fuck off outta here.

Gays burn in hell, FAGGOT

Then just fucking change your ip if you want to be a samefag nigger and pretend people agree with you. I'm talking about posting anonymously you fucking retard. l2 reading comprehension. Or tripfag like an attention seeking whore because you obviously love dicks so much.

Bisexuals, too?

if you're so much into anonymity, please explain how IDs will make me more anonymous?

L-lewd

They won't, but that's my point. The only reason anyone would care about ID's is because it will make it slightly harder to shill or samefag. Your identity will still be anonymous, people will just be able to easily see what other posts you've made in the thread. Tripfags will still be shunned. There will be no reputation/upboats. Mods/admins would still be able to see your post history regardless. Why would it fucking matter? The only people who will care about this are retards, shills and cancerous samefags replying to their own posts 60 seconds later pretending people agree with them.

/thread

then stop bitching about me not caring about anonymity. it's exactly why i don't want them. Holla Forums is full of samefagging. it's been like this for eons. why would it change for you, a newfag. like any board, Holla Forums is seniority based, so stop being a fucking cancer SJW-esque faggot who wants to change shit because he doesn't like it. if you don't like it here, fuck off.

IDs are a good thing

this guy knows i

If I recall correctly you are the one autistically spamming to remove id's, friend. I honestly don't give two shits, I just like tearing apart shitty non arguments made by shills like you.

Oh, and btw: I've been on 4chan since summer 1999, I think I am more of an oldfag then you. Me seniority outranks yours, so get off my board kiddo. :^)

Sweet

summerfag :^)

this isn't Holla Forums mate, newfags are easily identified, some are tolerable, and some are like you, wanting shit to change just for them.
nicely meme'd. have a good one.

Shop the wop, do a battle roll, and you just lost the match. We are lesion. ( ° ʖ °)

It's already been done bud, I honestly don't give a fuck.

IS THE BEST
I LOVE YOU

you're playing with fire

REMOVE IDS

remove ids and reenable embed

Shut up nerds

REMOVE IT NOW

get out

you are a useful idiot.

antiidfags proved in the past the extent of our autism, don't make us prove it again

Better one

DISCUSS ON Holla Forums DISCORD TO AVOID BAN

discord.gg/3fNx6CE

Keep IDs. Fuck the samefags.

You're acting like one of those autists who get freaked out when the pens on their desk aren't aligned straight

No discuss on my discrod instead
Permanant link: www.goatse.cx

no fuck you

you're a nigger

i agree, friend

Just posting this here to get it on my phone. Shhhh.