Leftist Entertainment Thread

Time to show off that Marxist-Leninist club banger blastin on repeat in your headphones!

Post your favorite pieces of entertainment, be it movies, comics, music, books, vidya, etc that you view to be leftist or you feel have leftist interpretations.

Feel free to include a short green text or w/e giving a brief summary or description. Or just write a paragraph about what it means to you personally. Go nuts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IXiLHGSvK0
youtube.com/watch?v=FH8QV-7_Kok
youtube.com/watch?v=DuWE8GJnN5w
youtube.com/watch?v=SOxFqSKtUa8
youtube.com/watch?v=MHcgyI_Y3xI
youtube.com/watch?v=qWrmOb4BiB4
youtube.com/watch?v=sTurT9FNL28
youtube.com/watch?v=nt0CHhk8t2I
youtube.com/watch?v=ntRPlEAlE8s
plaza.one/
youtube.com/watch?v=u2Guwmapnh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ptfSIocN4
youtube.com/watch?v=zVwP4zovuGI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mandarin-language_films
youtube.com/watch?v=c0yXXjJuyPE
youtube.com/watch?v=b2yC-kQK_1o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf
youtube.com/watch?v=249vWCD2neQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NS5fNGHgsj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Human Condition

Song About Shchors:
youtube.com/watch?v=2IXiLHGSvK0

Konarmeiskaya
youtube.com/watch?v=FH8QV-7_Kok

Polyushka Polye
youtube.com/watch?v=DuWE8GJnN5w

Far Across The Broad Stream
youtube.com/watch?v=SOxFqSKtUa8

The Battle Is Raging Again
youtube.com/watch?v=MHcgyI_Y3xI

Bravely, Comrades (song of the 1905 Revolution)
youtube.com/watch?v=qWrmOb4BiB4
Bravely, Comrades (German Version)
youtube.com/watch?v=sTurT9FNL28
Bravely, Comrades (Notsoc German Version for some fucking reason it apparently exists, apparently it was an SA song)
youtube.com/watch?v=nt0CHhk8t2I
Bravely, Comrades (Bonus Version)
youtube.com/watch?v=ntRPlEAlE8s

Probably as cliche as you can go, I really like the Great Gatsby. I must read it every year or so.

Given the target of Fitzgerald's work, it seems to be a critique of modern bourgeois values that emerged in the 1920s. Through his characters, Fitzgerald seems to be indicting the social culture that values money over people, and status over individual dignity. The fact that Gatsby believes that the more money he possesses, the more wealth he can display, the greater the chance he wins Daisy would prove this. Gatsby, himself, is a believer that happiness is directly related to wealth acquisition. While it might not be an expressed view of capitalism, it is certainly implicit in its desire to preserve self-interest aims. I suppose that Nick's repudiation of the lifestyle that he was once a part might be a statement of resistance against a way of living that is predicated so much in the present and with the objectification of ideas and emotions.

I've literally been listening to this radio station non stop past 2 days.

plaza.one/

V A P O R W A V E

I wish I could mention something, but my "fun" for the last few months has been taken up by theory stuff (which I find enjoyable because I'm fun like that) and watching a 2D Japanese gyaru talking about her sexual organs.

Well, I was recommended by a girl in a course to watch Helter Skelter, which is a apparently a Japanese movie that criticizes body obsession in late capitalism.

But theory is fun…why else would Žižek make all those pop culture allusions? :

Every time i listen to Polyushka Polye, i get this video of a partisan blowing up a bridge in my head for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=u2Guwmapnh8

fucking fantastic

vaporwave is the perfect music for the late capitalist alienated subject.

thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ptfSIocN4

Well yes, but try being at a party and some bloke asks what you've been doing this week.

People have to get seriously shitfaced before they become interested in Nergi and Hardt's analysis of Empire, or Tiqqun's Young Girl.

Eyy, that's pretty cool, that's your own work or a program?

I would love to see drunken, "unadulterated" analyses of these actually. It would be hilarious.

Sadly, it's mostly replies of "whoa dude" and me explaining it as I usually do but with even more swearwords and spontaneous crying over the fact that Deleuze died before I could kill him myself.

It's funny how vaporwave was created by AnComs to shit on capitalist culture only for it to be unironically adopted by many

And finally by fascists obsessed with old Roman statues.

Anti-capitalist anime list:

Kaiba
Kino's Journey
Speed Grapher
Most things by Miyazaki (older not newer)
Mushishi (less explicit here, but damn its a good anime regardless)

Also Metropolis which is a p. good silent film.

I remember reading about this Japanese light novel where the entire soviet union gets transferred to an alternate dimension where fairys and elves and a bunch of fantasy monsters exists and they are exploited by humans or something for their magic and the soviets teach them communism and there is a communist monster uprising.

I forget the name.

Kek that sounds awesome

Been watching Chinese films for the language acquisition.

Historical dramas there are mostly pretty left still.

Breety Interesting, wich film is that?

I would watch the fuck outta that.

Rebel Girls. Never very political but I would recommend it.

Subtitles and all:
youtube.com/watch?v=zVwP4zovuGI

anime when?

Only for waste time during sundays whle i'm in hungover m8. Whre do you find that? An some recomendations? More political i mean

Politically:
Tale of Three Cities (三城记)
The Founding of a Republic (建国大业)
The Founding of a Party (建党伟业)

I found some by going on Wikipedia Mandarin Films, then looked for interesting titles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mandarin-language_films

I used Baidu and Weibo too, but you might have to know some Chinese to use those.

Uff okay, the trilogy of 1911, The Founding of a Republicand The Founding of a Party are awesome. And that of knowing chinese… hehe well it's okay thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0yXXjJuyPE
La chinoise, a movie by Jean-Luc Godard about a maoist cell in France. Very much an art film.

Can Posadism - Monsterism be a thing?

If there are other dimensions with monstergirls we have to liberate them and bring communism to them!

Statues are not fascist.

Insert Zizek about Ramstein and deconstruction of symbolism here.

I simply will not except slandering of my people.

What the romans?

The people that turned philosophy and mathematics into Law and Logistics?

The ones that are responsible of the western civilazation being shit?

The ones that stopped progress and brought the middle ages?

WANT MORE SLANDERING????

No, I'm a statue.

Don't forget they pioneered that bread and circuses approach to make an apathetic populous

Also greatly advanced the use of art for propaganda, even though they didn't invent it

I NEED THIS!

BUT WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

Statues have no souls. And get shit from pigeons.

Fuck you, I don't even know how you can joke about that, but let me assure you it's no fucking joke for us you piece of shit.

Statues are so beautiful. I wish we could see more of them along with varying artistic architecture in our real life rather than the endless arrays of dull repetitive buildings.

Thank you.

plz

STOP IT! There are children you know!

I know!

This is a nice thread

I'm not usually one of the people moaning about sjws, but you fucking know that they'd bitch about there being no fat statues.

fat statues would be dank, I see no problem there.

The fuck? Well if it were a statue of a fat historical person or a fat mythological figure, then there's be no problem. Otherwise, no fatness!!!!! Humans need to aspire to their greatest!

1 fat statue would be amusing, a group of tubby marble people would be hilarious, lots of fatty sculptures would be an eyesore.

I dunno, it takes a lot of willpower to weigh 800 pounds without constantly puking up the extra calories.

wut, fam? **also, not him, I'm
>>694029**

Well, he said people should aspire to be great, and there's bound to be someone that thinks weighing a literal ton is an aspiration.

sumos, but even they live significantly shorter lives than average, and show the same illnesses and symptoms of obesity as regular fatties. but, if a commune wants fat statues, they can have fat statues, i guess.

Our amusement is more valuable than their health.

i'm not saying they shouldn't get fat and wrastle, i'm just pointing out the "healthy at every size" bullshit. They can do whatever they want.

CHAPO TRAP HOUSE

So, they have gone past Capitalism.

… So now you want children posted???
YOU DISGUST ME!

Is pic related fat?

No, that's not fat

Whenever people start making assumptions (read: analyses) about fatness and bodies I always return to the sorites paradox.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2yC-kQK_1o

Personally, there probably exists a good balance between thinness and thickness, but I don't know if I'm the authority to say what that is.

i would totally let that first lamia take and eat me

You guys have low standards! This is totally fat!

We went through this Mr. NSA. Mind your own business about the who children thing.

No gay little "balance" between thin and thick. Just healthy. I like things that can move and breathe smoothly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf

Or, you have capitalist standards, cause Aphrodite was the epitome of beauty for Ancient Greece, AKA we are fine, you are too A L I E N A T E D

She's hot!

Man that satyr on the right is a real horny bastard ain't he?

Spooky, tbh, but I guess. Just like we should all strive to be sane, or productive, or whatever, even if by doing so blinds us from the real objects of our oppression.

Funny that you mention this one, imagine in the future after some kind of cataclysmic event where almost no information of our civilisation survives (unlikely I know) and archaeologists of the future find dragon dildos believing we were all into this sort of thing.

Or, what if archeologists found [capital commodities]…believing we were all into this sort of thing?

Oddworld 1 and 2 are HEAVILY leftist games, which i'm surprised no one brought it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=249vWCD2neQ

youtube.com/watch?v=NS5fNGHgsj4

Hello commies. Apparently I get called Holla Forums by Holla Forumsack shitposter all the time, so I'm gonna share some of my OC with you. I'm sorry I couldn't find a better thread, I hope reaction images and memes are appropriate for entertainment thread.