Serial Experiments Lain

Has anybody else noticed the sheer number of redpills subtle distributed throughout the plot of Lain Serial Experiments? The show was released in 1998 but its only become increasingly relevant as time has passed. Looking pass the obvious theme of internet meme magic, which is a philosophical discussion in its own right, there are obvious allusions to current memes!

Every episode started with:

PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME

And look at the words that flash across the screen for a brief second.

Have our present day memes bled into an anime from more than fifteen years ago? Is this show a prophecy of our future? Where is the real Lain?

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_mythology#Linear_history
youtube.com/watch?v=8OvltlOA8XE
splcenter.org/20150126/speak-responding-everyday-bigotry
youtube.com/watch?v=gsizNQ15qs8
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=171718
8ch.net/gatebreakers/index.html
youtu.be/fHxRuLT4FIE)
archive.is/9DxZA
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=617307
larouchepub.com/other/2010/3736inter-alpha_genocide.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't seen it in well over a decade.

Maybe we're all Lain

www.mebious.co.uk/

Why do you think that the show has been extremely popular throughout all of imageboard history?

If you don't love Lain you don't belong on imageboards.

I fucking hope so

A cute anime girl resetting reality and fixing everything doesn't sound to bad.

lain is one of my favourite anime tbh

Let's all love Lain!

I have my own personal theory about the show in accordance with my own religious beliefs. I believe meme magic is entirely real, in a sense. God's power is through his word–as he speaks, so it is. Man is made in the image of God and we are an imperfect reflection of his qualities. It may be that as we speak, so things also are, only too a lesser degree. Many of us speaking in unison–memeing–can actually affect the real world. Whereas when God speaks, his creations are "real," as lesser beings our creations are necessarily unreal, yet nonetheless, they exist.

What makes the internet–the wired–so unique is that it connects our collective consciousness, forming something of a ethereal super organism. In the plot of the show, Lain is created to be a root user of the collected unconscious. Of her own accord she is a regular girl, but because the wired was programmed in such a way that she alone is granted administrative permissions, she can direct the collective unconscious. She is able to harness and alter the expression of our collective will.

Eiri Masami is an satanic figure who attempted to set himself up in the place of God via proxy of his synthetic antichrist, which was meant to be Lain. But he neglected to consider the real qualities of the human spirit which God created, leading to his own destruction. Remember: Lain's power is not actually real, it is ethereal. I believe in the end of the show, when she meets with her "father" in heaven, that this is a portrayal of her meeting with the true Father in heaven, and it is a reminder that even if we attempt to construct a Tower of Babel and unite the whole world under one language via the internet, that God can always knock the tower right down.

Nonetheless the show is prophetic.

She doesn't actually fix anything. All she ends up doing is deleting herself and achieving something of a quasi-angelic state of being under God, which according to scripture is the fate of all saints, all believers in the Lord Jesus. In the book of Revelation, it is prophesied that a lot of these saints will materialize on earth to preach the gospel and show miracles.

Lain of the Wired is UNREAL, but Lain herself is REAL. The wired blurred the distinction between real and unreal, but it exists nonetheless and our attempts to connect the two will probably only end in ruin.

I've considered the Internet to be like a primitive, man-made "heaven" of sorts.

C'mon son. The show was more about the wired becoming a man-made version of Plato's realm of forms.

I still prefer Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Never watched it but I heard it was pretty gay.

this is something I never considered

This was my take on the show, lots of symbolism regarding dualism.

It was always too slow paced for my liking.

The ride never ends. The Japanese pass out pills so furiously, you'll never catch em all.

It is something of the sort, its something strange, something not quite understood. But I believe that for the people who attempt to upload their consciousness to the wired it will become something more akin to a synthetic hell. We all know what sort of filth proliferates on here, imagine have constant access to all of it and never being able to turn it off, for eternity.

I cannot unsee what I have seen in coming to know the truth of God. The Bible even prophecies about Kek, although according to scripture the frog spirit is going to show a bunch of miracles and then deceive us later.

Lets not take this too far off into the realm of religion, but we do have to recognize that there is an inseparable overlap. Its impossible to talk about memes without religion findings it way into the discussion. Look at that text in the OP: no nation, no religion, no position. If the internet will come to be used as a sort of Tower of Babel in uniting the whole world, we must remember that according to scipture it was God who scattered the nations and confused our tongues.

Maybe he didn't want us to be able to meme so effectively that we seem to alter reality.

Any idea what the hell this is? Looks like it was created after the fact.

The show is actually very dark. I really enjoy the aesthetic.

Keep this shit off the front page, weebs.
We only tolerate you.

Caught enough considering where I am.

you need 3 > to tell somebody to fuck off back to /a/. Don't make this mistake again in the future.

Yes but that's Akira, not some waifu faggotry.

In some ways I'm envious of the Japanese because they have their racially and culturally pure islands, but look at the problems their having. The hikhikkomori disease (which is also affecting other modernized countries to a lesser degree) and for example that recent mass stabbing of the disabled that left twenty people dead. There's probably nowhere on this entire earth for us to be alone.

Those problems aren't nearly as bad as you're making them out to be. Murder is very rare and hikis being some epidemic is an excuse used by jews in the west to try and make people think Japan needs more immigration.

I was wondering how many of you guys also posted on lainchan

secret's out, boiz

I never really interpreted SEL as very political, though I can see the similarities in that the real world and "The Wired" convened with one another in the show and now "meme magic" is sort of our Lain.

Even prior to this election, things like the batman coincedences with that plane crash strangely seem influenced by our message board shitposting. Perhaps this is just confirmation bias.

Nonetheless, Lain is probably my favorite Anime of all time and I say that as a degenerate weeb who's watched way more Anime than I should. I also recommend Big O and RahXephon by the same writer as Lain – Chiaki J Konaka

Japan has a larger population than Russia and their landmass is minuscule. I'll never understand all of this Western pearl-clutching about their declining population – sometimes a decent culling is necessary to prevent overpopulation.

I'm all for that, except that we're being replaced according to the same population density while our numbers decline.

Chasing growth really does a number on common sense, huh

Fair enough, but Lain was more of a deist and non-intervening "god" than the hand holding judeo-christian one. Which is why most don't enjoy the anime

I was only speaking in regards to Japan. I agree that in the West we desperately need growth in the white populations.

Unfortunately, our governments are so cucked at the moment that we're artificially inflating shitskin numbers by spending trillions in free food and healthcare in places like Africa whose native populations can't take care of themselves. If nationalist governments ever gained traction in our countries and withdrew aid from the third world, all of that rapid population growth would vanish in a generation.

Same for the shitskins who currently live in our countries where we spend lavishly on providing them foodstamps and welfare.

Japan obviously doesn't need any mass immigration. The state of our own countries is testament to that. But the hikhikomori disease is pretty severe there, such that its become a recognized subculture. The Japanese government officially recognizes one million of them, so we can probably triple that number as an estimate of severe cases. Including those mildly affected and doing petty part time work as a result, I would make a wild guess of ten to fifteen million. Its obviously a huge problem and there's no wonder why. They are densely overpopulated and their sudden depopulation will not make things easier in the short term. I think Japan will need too radically restrucure its government and social institutions in order to cope, which they seem to be doing. There are rumors on the wind of them reinstating the monarchy in force.

I think its important to recognize that our meme magic is akin to Lain of the Wired, which was NOT the real Lain! We are creating these mischievous, smug thoughtforms which are by no means real, but which can interact with the real world. It might be dangerous, but obviously at the present time its a weapon in our arsenal that we have to use.

West is too focused on growth – at any cost – not maintaining balance but endless growth. Consequence of so many years of Liberalism.

The "growth at any cost" mentality is naturally cancerous. There is a time to expand, and a time to withdraw.

Lain is a very cute god and a perfect waifu. Click [go visible] here to see some shit: fauux.neocities.org/

There are more fags in California than Hikikomori in Japan. If you want people to get jobs then they need to feel like more than cogs in a machine.

What are you a fucking nip? Have a backbone for once and stop running you scared child.

SE:L Is modern day prophetic vision.
Answering a question with questons: There are two sides in SE:L, which "side" are we on?
What was the significance of the little green man? What is the ultimate result of Lain's "power"?
The "other side"
We all died, this world is our punishment.
top kek
Ends up fucking over the maskfags(which we all know are really just alphabets) over.
So now answer me, where's the real Lain?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_mythology#Linear_history

Here's the OP for those interested in potential symbolism.

And obviously the fags need to be executed. Look at their disproportionate social impact. Those numbers are nothing to scoff at

I would fight and die for what I believe in. I voted for Trump in the primaries and I will vote for him again in November. Its the least I can do right now.

That's cute, but here's a verse from the very same book.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The real red pill is that Jews don't follow the Old Testament at all.

Here it is

I don't see hiki pride parades or anything user.

Let me tell you what time is.

youtube.com/watch?v=8OvltlOA8XE

lurk 2ch and /jp/ moar

Who cares

ayy lmao

You're being a hysterical faggot.

The hikkikomori phenomenon has its roots founded in both culture and economics.

When Japan became a democratic capitalist-ish country they hit record levels of growth and prosperity for them, but being an island nation, their resources are limited. When they recovered the losses they suffered during the second world war they once again hit the carrying capacity of their islands, this time however, invasion of china/korea/SE asia was not possible. When the people complained at the slowing of the economy the government resorted to Keynesian economic measures, massive public expenditures in exchange for the souls of the unborn. Keynesian economics make the economy and people within it act, fundamentally, as if there are no resource limitations. Dangerous for any society but even more so for a resource poor island, their only real tangible good to sell were the minds of their people. (This is in part why Japanese schools tend to be so strenuous)

Unlike in the united states they didn't prop up one industry at a time and let them crash one after another (done so that each industry should have a long enough time to recover between recessions to enable the continuation of the cycle) they did everything at once. Cars, real estate, public works, technology. The 'boom' was so big that the rest of the world's economically illiterate thought they would take over the world with their prosperity, but then came the 'bust'.

The government used the same methods that the current FED is using now, keep interest rates low (0 or less) and money printing to "save" the economy. In the American example, companies cut back on employees, slashed wages or delayed raises, exported and outsourced whatever they could to make ends meet. The result is a massive and steady increase in unemployment. In Japan the company's simply demanded the employees make up the difference. Working longer hours became standard, and eventually working longer hours for free became mandatory. Even to an extent the management make personal sacrifices as well when times are tough (Nintendo's staff come to mind)

Now, Japan lives in an economic nightmare, a decades long recession that drives workers into early graves through pure mental stress. Those who cannot take it, or refuse to shoulder such a burden cannot even get a job sweeping floors. There has been no major movement to reform and save the country because for the most part, Japanese prefer status quo over everything, one of the few downsides of having a naturally conservative ethnic group.

With any luck the natural depopulation due to their behavior will allow them to find a more realistic balance but the transition will be unpleasant.

A good fucking amount in any given western society completely drop out of society.
Have you been to any major metropolitan area recently? Full of transients, blobby cucks, and outright obvious NEETS. The hikkis are there too, they're just fucking invisible. Didn't even mention the subhuman infestation.
The amount of strong, healthy white youths in major metropolitan areas is shockingly low, almost every white kid on my block has that pokemon spyware on their phone, and the rest are shitskins that spend all their time trying to hock shit smoke pot.
then again I also live between an overpass and a train station so I may have a skewed outlook, just came out of 2 years of NEET

Have you seen our fucking societies? Stop trying to protect cancer and just let it fall apart so we can rebuild.

The jews try to position themselves to a place equal to God.
Lain fixes our world.

Lots, apparently.

Too bad it's still slower than achieving consumer flying cars and touch holograms.

I don't want to veer into /x/ territory but are all these subliminal messages actually real? In essence, has the message been untampered with and had always existed? Or is that through the concentration of meme magic its state has been altered from what it might have been? Think of it like Schrödinger's cat.

That's exactly what OP asked bud. Answer is only kek knows.

u r OP

I am retard

I seem to have missed that. or did I?

I still don't understand these circles, are they some forced meme?

Serial Experiments Lain is what Green Day is to music fag, straight to the taste buds. Watch other shits you new/a/fag

something like that, I like them though.

like what? bubblegum crisis?

Bubblegum Crisis is literally teenage fap shit.

Most anime is teenage fap shit.

Can't tell if bait or moron but… Lain is super slow paced, minimalistic, psychological and symbolically laden. It's the opposite of what you're describing.

Is Ergo Proxy any good?

no, that might be what this user is thinking of

what's so bad about it?

Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze

it's 2deep4u and promotes transhumanism
reminder that the transhumanists get BTFO by God in SE:L

Do you do this shit to make Holla Forums look stupid?

Only anime that hits Lain buttons, or anything similarly deep and at the intersection of tech and spirituality is:

Akira

Ghost in the Shell (both films, series also good but less deep on the mysitcal side)

Cowboy Bebop sort of

some of the shorts in Robot Carnival

Evangelion

Tekkonkinkreet sort of

Anyone else know anything remarkably good in the same vein? Would greatly appreciate.

Read the Akira manga, it's way more intense.

Reading it right now actually, just getting to the good parts I think

Psycho-Pass

no races no nations… yea that's really some cutting edge stuff, never been an idea before now. Wait, these themes have been around for over a hundred years.

The user that said kek is spoken of in the Bible is onto something
Revelation 16:13
Revelation 16:14
Revelation 16:15
Revelation 16:16
I think this whole kek thing is accelerating the end of the world.

Oh, also, there are some other instances of the idea of non-linear temporal causation of synchronicities through esoteric and/or technological means.

This is one explanation of the idea of the higher self - it's some ultimate version of you from the most favorable future, guiding you through synchronicities to become it.

It's also one explanation of what all the seemingly competing races of ET's are doing. They're entities from future timelines we could potentially progress into, trying to nudge us to make decisions that will guide us to the particular time line in which their race exists and is dominant or in some kind of favorable position.

Cont.

Forgot to say. Kek may be the group soul of Holla Forums from some potential future, trying to meme us onto a timeline where he exists - literally meming himself into existence.

Circle Cuck is evolving, not bad.

They "were" a forced meme, now I kind of expect one or two in a thread, the fact that he is creating new OC and has been in turbo autist mode for at least 3 months is commendable.

IT doesn't really bother anyone, except the supposed Oaths he is attempting to break - mainly jews and masonfags.

Plenty of memes started off as "forced" memes. The daily dose was forced by one dude over months. I like the oathbreaker though, sneaking it into other memes seems to cause a ruckus from a (((certain type))) of people.

Plus it is very visually aesthetic.

probably more than one person at this point, he made template versions.

dubs checked
invictus memetica.

Only masons; jews are exempt from following any oath they take prior to taking them. Or so their talmud says.

In that case you can't be subjunctive, you have to literally

PRAISE KEK

My name is Lane. I am the real Lain.

Let's all love Lain

BUT YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAAAAND

That's not a redpill. That's the opposite.

This show is actually about Lain confronting and coming to terms with the fact she is a homosexual lesbian who is attracted to a heterosexual cis girl.

It's a very problematic chinese cartoon.

In Angel Cop they name the jew.

.hack//sign does as well with a fantastic soundtrack

If everyone read what was in the torah and talmud, judaism would be banned and deemed a crime against humanity. How can one religion be so evil?

I like your interpretation. Makes me think of the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Rev. 17:8

I don't like this kek worship either. Seems we will win the battle but lose the war. A centuries old battle, but still.
Can we get some verses for that?

nvm, should read before I post. Polite sage.

A shame you seemed an honest man

Serial experiments lain shows how a god can be birthed or awakened though the internet.

It also names the jew.

KeK is a different god because he feasts on chaos.

We're like a more off kilter version of the anime if anything.

It's much more prophetic than that.

Back then, there was no such thing as social networks, they were only used by geeks as a mere point-to-point communication system, like a phone can be. There was little immediacy to it, and there was hardly any socialization on it, let alone a "life" to it, things didn't "happen" on the internet that would in turn affect the real world, it wasn't a "place" on its own. It was only a means of communication.

That's what really changed: the internet became an actual place comparable to a physical one, yet that mostly escapes the real world, where things happen, where identities exist, which in turn come to affect the real world and its identities. It is possible to miss on events just because they happen on the internet. The concept of a duality of worlds and identities is the true revelation of this show.

And with this, the fact that the wired is much more malleable, that can be molded to any shape and form, allowing men to be gods in this non-existent world which nonetheless causes very real repercussions to the real world. And the dangers of it, because it is precisely too malleable, and the consequences are unfathomable. But its power isn't infinite: it's not enough to just force too hard on the wired, otherwise it just collapses in a chaos of nothingness and its reach vanishes, because the real world always prevails.

Yet there is only one thing that passes down, through man, from the wired to the real world, the essence of what causes the interference of the wired on the real world, and that is the memory you keep of it. Memes. Controlling the world becomes as easy as pushing your own ideas in a memorable way, until it's all people remember. Every day there are very important things that we learn on the internet, but what do normies remember? Pictures of cats, and funny videos.

The reason we are some of the first to realize it is because imageboards are very sensitive to memes. Because they were historically designed to run off a set amount of memory and storage, they have no history in any form, everything too old vanishes out of existence to make space for newer things, and all that remains is memes.

Normies don't quite realize it, even though they use some of the greatest meme machines, like Facebook and Twitter. Twitter stands out particularly, the short length of messages makes them more memorable than a well-written and intelligent article, and pushes people to be more aggressive, direct, clear, sarcastic, dramatic or accusating. Except all they do is whore themselves for attention, plus they lack the creativity of imageboards, the realization of it, and they collapses under their own weight because when there's too many memes, it ends up being all blurry, which somehow clears the way for imageboard- grade memes which particularly stand out.

Clearly they were onto something with SEL. This reminds me that Despera apparently is still into production despite Nakamura's death, I wonder what story this one will tell.

What?

Serious question:
I've seen this kind of criss cross hair thing on other 2d girls. Is it something real and does it have a name?

anyone else seen this persons picture floating around?

I seem to see it literally everywhere for some reason, and I can't for the life of my figure out why.

Anyone have any ideas, or seen this person before?

Is it still lefty as fuck?

They had some good boards and a nice r/a/dio.

Dutch braid? You're going to have to post a picture.

The hair cross thing on the right side.

That's just a hairclip, silly user.

Also

But it's not a normal hairclip.

Is Lain one of those shows you can watch casually or do you have to dedicate large amounts of time to it? It was hard enough getting through Texhnolyze but all the stuff regarding meme magic and the kek hysteria has renewed my interest in this show. Im not as well versed in mythology and religion as some of the other anons in this thread though.

Just 13 episodes so it's not that much of a time sink. However its theme is very dark so don't expect cute girls doing cute stuff.

She's a stock photo model. The image appears to come from the Southern Poverty Law Center's unbelievably long and tedious page on how, when, and why you should snitch on bigots.

This pic is 2/3 of the way down in the section on dykes. Money quote:

"She says, "I was shocked and didn't know what to do. How do you confront a stranger in a restaurant? Or do you? I'll never forget the shock and anger I felt at that moment."

Here's the link:
splcenter.org/20150126/speak-responding-everyday-bigotry

So, she's a social justice warrior, stalking me or something?

I see that picture freaking everywhere, it's creepy.

So, someone is using her likeness to stalk me… that's odd, lol.

The best quote comes right after her picture, where they're telling us what to do when someone bigots near us:

"Report the incident to an advocacy group. Local advocacy groups, like gay and lesbian centers and local minority alliances, often keep check on the pulse of a community. Call them; let them know what you heard, when and where. They may see patterns you don't and can work with local government to address ongoing concerns."

So. . . snitch to your local faggot commissar today, comrade.

Memes becoming reality is the basis of Shintoism basically, so japs will likely to talk about it in fiction

A youkai is literally a myth told one too many times, and they will die if their myth gets explained by science

So, basically, if you post on Holla Forums, they gangstalk you and hack your computer, right?

I guess we'll all find out soon.

This is temporary. Human sexuality is clearly being exploited here. To some people, there's nothing else that matters to them than their sexual choices get complete validation by every person to exist. Instead of people becoming aware of the commissar style of government we're heading towards, it's disguised under this layer of making sure everyone's privilege is checked.

The next step is you go from snitching on politically incorrect people to people with questionable political ties to snitching on people with an extra food ration hidden above the ceiling tiles. Boiling a frog essentially.

Thousands of years. After reading the Bible, I now know why a crusader is sometimes found with the concluding summary to Sir John Glubb's "The Fate of Empires." Because Christianity already figured this stuff out. God being so angry in Revelations and Jesus saying Sodom and Gomorrah has an easier time in judgement than those rejecting Jesus is no wonder. Mankind already has all of the tools he needs to save himself and his nation from death, so there are no more excuses.

theyre just a very very very forced "meme"
they dont actually make any of your oaths void at all, even if he says otherwise

top lel

Found this pic in another thread…

Big brother looking motherfucker giving the false dichotomy between gay, or absolute tyranny.

do you realize that the guy forcing that meme is actually trying to accomplish an agenda with that? one that isn't in your interests?

It is, but it's a good thing.

An egg is the whole world to the fetus growing inside. And like the baby chick, it's time for us to break out.

and he uses a VPN

no one is stalking you

stop asking questions

For someone with no oaths, how could these two retarded circles be against someone's interests?

It's an anti-oathkeeper meme

sad huh?

I have a theory that religion breaks down into two categories. The categories are based on the fundamentals of the religions. One category revolves around animalism, voodoo, savagery and sacrifices. The other category revolves around universal truths and wholesome living. Interestingly the two categories seem to have an even split along the equator with the voodoo tier religions being of the southern hemisphere. There are 2 exceptions to this.. Wiccans and Semites. But we don't truly know that they did not originate in the southern hemisphere so it may just be an example of a religion of the southern hemisphere infiltrating the northern hemisphere. … Which should be looked into more because if the Semites truly did originate of the south then them arriving and northern civilization starting to decay starts to make a lot more sense.

The whole world is hooked to an online game called PHANTOMa. But the border between the Wired and the real world is starting to blur, and people who play the game are killing actual people because they appear as in-game enemies.
The whole world is hooked to an online game called Pokémon Go. But the border between the internet and the real world is starting to blur, people who play the game are getting mugged, assaulted and people start fighting in real life over virtual monsters spilling into the real world through a smartphone's screen. Did we mention that behind those cute little monsters and all the innocent fun, there is a dark syndicate gathering information on the whereabouts of every single player and fast-tracking any info about wanted criminals to the authorities?

Lainchan is a fraud and it's users aren't even cyberpunk.

There's a reason why Kalyx removed their politics board soon after creating it - he hated the Holla Forumsacks it attracted because he hates us, just like most of their userbase that remains there.

IT'S HAPPENING!

capped for pushing ideas in a memorable way

They've been working on this production for six or seven years. When will it be released?

… PHANTOMa was a children's game that found a following among adults too.. Pokemon Go is the same… coincidentally Pokemon is also Japanese.

What the fuck is going on? Pokemon Go is creepy as hell

Damn son. Fukken saved.

Philistine. Mokou-sama is the real one.

Nakamura died while the show was still in the proposal/pre-production stages.
They've been looking for a suitable director to do it and only found one last year. So it's only been a year in actual production if even that.

PHANTOMa was an M-rated video game ala Quake. The reason kids leaked into it, is because an edutainment game used in daycare used in daycare used the same engine and shit got crazy because the boundaries of the Wired got more and more washed out.

On topic SEL is both MEME MAGIC 101 as well as the rarely seen example of a God from Man mythological story as compared to the way more common(and much less likely) Man from God.

Lain doesn't meet God, Lain is God. What many people miss is that Lain is an entity comprised of many different facets, most of which she is unaware of through the run of the show. You have schoolgirl Lain which is the one we see most of the time, there is a Lain that hangs out at a night club, there is also Wired Lain, which is the perception people in the Wired have about what is rumored to be the best hacker in the world, Lain.
The main antagonist guy in the show takes advantage that Lain has no memory of her own power as God, and convinces her that he is the God of the Wired, which in turns does make him into it. He is only defeated when Lain denies him as God and is aware that she is God, not him, which makes him powerless and he dies trying to kill Lain in the real world.
When she deletes herself from reality, all her facets combine into one, which is the end when she is talking to herself in the wired.

This nigga gets it.

The main thing I'm getting from this is: Let's all love Lain.

I believe the term you are looking for is

failed meme

So many memories about Akira.

/r/ing Lain episodes (13 ?) & Akira movie
preferably a mega link, not a torrent please

who /doc/ here?

SEL is without a doubt top 5 best SHOWS (not just anime) ever made. It pretty much called how society would play out, and had an interesting metaphysical plot as well which to my knowledge no other show/movie has even attempted, the question of omnipresence.

Another one which is definitely good is Armitage dual matrix. Pretty much nails feminism for what it is. Also Kiefer Sutherland does a very shitty voice over in the English movie version.

Don't we have other things to worry about besides anime? i liked the show, but come on.

Pretty sure this is the full OAV version of Amitage.
youtube.com/watch?v=gsizNQ15qs8

Don't you have something better to do than complain about attempts to win the culture war?

Fuck, sorry that was the new one, which sucks, this is the original movie version of the good one. (embeded)

NO RACE

NO NATION

NO POSITION

Bullshit, they got jewed.

See princes of he yen for further info.

Boogiepop Phantom

PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally current year

underrated post.

so you just add pics and text and it appears on this collage?

I added a picture of Iggy Azalea and the text "what the hap is fuckening?"

Lain was a great show, and well in head of it's time.
Why you see those words, "no race" "no nation" is due to the wild fantasies of many of the developers of the internet. They believed in creating a world that was no longer governed by governments, and nations that were no longer nation-states through the internet. If you could connect everybody, you could have a new kind of supra-governmental democracy. It sounds like Communism, but they were actually influenced not by Marx, but by Ayn Rand, the jewess grandmother of libertarianism. This is why Lain, when influenced and controlled by Knights' "god", started to spread the message of "keep the positive things in life, and delete the negative things." This is in direct accordance with the philosophy of objectivism, which Ayn Rand created.
Ayn also suggested that altruism did not truly exist, which was the thing that actually disproved her whole philosophy in real life as well as in Lain. This is what was being communicated in the last two episodes. Lain's epiphany was that she actually cared for her friend, and individual life. That was when the Knights' god said Lain needed an update, but then Lain btfo'd him on the nature of God and destroyed him.
Knights would have succeeded in creating this supra-governmental organism if Lain didn't actually care about her friend. In the end, she reset the memories of everyone to exclude herself and be the only being left in the Wired. This is why she appeared in the Wired in the beginning of the show, by the way. Here's what happened:
LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN

I loved it when the chans saved the world.

I thought Rand argued that altruism was self-destructive, not that it didn't exist. Maybe there's some technicality where altruism doesn't actually exist as altruism is done for some self intent like a purging of guilt or what not.

in the second season of ghost in the shell they literally use immigrants to fuck the Japanese economy and force a revolution.

It can be both. You could look up what she actually believed.
I don't care either way. Fuck libertarians, objectivists and other Rand disciples.

I'm disappointed no one else called him out sooner. Don't be a homo and watch it the way it was meant to be watched.

Serial Experiments Lain 720p
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=171718

Can you tell us more, user?

>>>/gatebreakers/1

read the archived threads linked in the top stickied thread here. Be prepared not to eat or sleep for like 4 days and also to get majorly spooped.
8ch.net/gatebreakers/index.html

Holy shit, the dubbed version is bad.

Were they? I read the threads when they were live but I don't remember that. I remember people thinking that GATE must not have been successful cuz we aren't all espers. Can you elaborate?

Sorry, OP. I'm a little vague on Lain, as I haven't watched it since I finished it at 00.34 GMT, 29/09/04.

Don't worry about why I know that exact time, but know that it's true.

>due to most user's natures, they end up in the same place through anonymous imageboards, or possible some sort of other synchronicity

Though it's now occurring to me that possibly GATE was designed to observe children with future potential and to do some sort of "catch and release" like you would a wild animal. Later you check up on them, since you have their full name, birthday and SSN, and possibly influence their lives from there. This is all pure speculation though, the two ideas that I can come up with if I had to design a program to identify and possibly train children who have the right traits.

There's also the related possibility that GATE was designed to create sleepers and was actually successful.

I really hope GATE picks up some momentum on the board again somehow. Most interesting threads ever.

Lain?

Oh piss off with your role playing bullshit.

Deus Ex and Serial Experiments Lain are both /cyber/ and both released within a year of eachother.

Ghost in The Shell could count as well but maybe less so.

Lain is very minimalistic and slow paced, methodical even, deliberate.

It might not stick on you at first. I've seen the show several times over the last ten years, and every time I go back to it the more and more appreciate it.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, but I go into Lain as more of a horror series than anything else. There's some really good editing and sound design that becomes downright bone-chilling in certain episodes. There's a theme of things breaking down and deteriorating as the episodes go along.

Episode 5, Distortion, is my favorite as far as being the most horror-centric episode.

whatever nerd

except 95% of GATE threads and GATE posts are fucking schizo roleplaying with giant greentexts of random shit from an 80's movie

it's spreading in a different form that fit with our culture. I doubt we can stop it. That's the price of living in a bigger city in modern time and technology.

And almost all of those posts are (1)s who don't even seem to be aware of the thread around them, don't add anything worthwhile to the threads and then don't stick around. It's almost like those posts were put there by the same people who were sage spamming the earlier threads. Almost like the posts weren't even written by humans.

Isn't a flood of (1)s a sign that the topic of the thread is onto something, even if those posts aren't?

Fact: Nobody reading this thread has ever gotten Lain.

The kings of the earth are coming to the chans to plot war against Israel.

No it's a sign we're immanentizing the eschaton.

"Mount" Tel Megiddo is not actually a mountain, but a tell (a hill created by many generations of people living and rebuilding on the same spot)

Isn't that a good thing? Better that we do it that someone else.

The eclipse is coming anons
I think the bible is onto something, it's been right about a lot of things happening in the Current Year

checked

More like (((people))) fabricating an ayy messiah to unite all the people of the one race…the human race. The old testament was a mistake.

No one cared who I was until I turned on the Navi…

It shows that the makers of the show did their research. The appropriators of the internet to mold us to their will intend to create the one world government through manipulation of "Anti-Authoritarians" programmed by mass media. They intend to subvert national and even ethnic identity by their own singularity of media and technology. This theory is well covered in Das Netz. (youtu.be/fHxRuLT4FIE)

If you take away anything from this and SEL, it's that Uncle Teddy tried to fight it, and Lain saved everybody from it.

This "muh meem magick xD" shit is getting annoying and retarded to be honest. Just do your fucking research.

I think Lain does some kind of Christ-like arc. Humanity is in trouble it got itself in, rife with people's ill-gotten information (sin). She, being God in both The Wired (Heaven) and the physical world (Father and Son) alone can cleanse humanity of its sin. Therefore, she sacrifices herself to fix it, and her crucifixion was Alice's sadness and the sadness herself experienced after she erased herself from the physical world. Her outright divinity allows her to appear to meet with Alice some time later.

Also, Kek idolators will go the way of the Egyptians. ;^)

I watched Lain like a year ago and din't get it. Does someone care to explain everything in detail jsut what the fuck happened? It made sense up until this dopey looking girl got this massive fucking computer and some spooks came to give her a visit.

It also took me until the last episode to figure out her friend was named Alice because the horrible engrish had me convinced Arisu was a real nip name

In the UK our version of hikikomori is more to do with (((landlords))) pricing the poorest workers out of all but the shittiest, overcrowded houses, in favour of renting to millionaire Chinks and Arabs who only spend one week a year in the country. I've walked around developments in London on a warm Sunday evening which have nice parks in the middle and every flat has a balcony… and they're fucking empty.

It's too late for me to explain in detail because it's an esoteric yet fascinating hodgepodge of mindfuckery.

I agree with almost everything in this dude's interpretation, however, so I'll link it for your perusal.

archive.is/9DxZA

Thanks mate. Second time I need someone else's analysis on a chinese cartoon in the last 2 weeks. The other one was The Big O.

Both Lain and The Big O have great soundtracks. Noice Toist M8.

what sort of heretic are you?

Nope, the rebirth ceremony is upon us, that means the Eclipse already happened.
Reminder that the rebirth ceremony was a worldly and imperfect recreation of the eclipse, it occurred simply because Femto wanted to kick it on earth again.
D-does this mean the antichrist already ascended, and we're going to see some serious shit soon?
Fuck, kek is the antichrist and he's using all our memetic potential to manifest himself in some unholy resurrection.

All gods are tribal. Some tribes, by fiat decree, declare their gods universal.

This. Boogiepop is as psychological as Lain is philosophical. One of very few objectively good anime.

No Steins;Gate?
Haruhi?
Perfect Blue?
NHK?
Shinsekai Yori?

Really nice.

You're a big girl.

At best, the frog meme encourages slothfulness and discourages actually researching or doing anything. "It's all just memes, bro! All you gotta do is shitpost, and everything will magically work out!" It's like Bernouts who thought Twitter and Reddit campaigns would elect Bernie instead of, you know, voting.

At worst, it could somehow be indirectly strengthening the aloha snackbar god, as both have fatalism as their core concept. That is, the belief that mankind has zero control over his life, everything is up to the whims of the Universe/random chance, and praying may or may not affect your chances of a good or bad outcome.

Either way, it's bad news that is probably trying to lure people into some form of Satanism.

'ere ya go.
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=617307
ah.
Fuck.I'd upload it to mega but my upload is slower than a snail so that isn't happening anytime soon.

vxcb

Son, I am disappoint.

That's the most obvious interpretation, memetics is a valid study and a valid way of shaping reality. However it does require action to be taken that isn't shitposting and offering dubs to the dubsgod. Trump's rise has given validity to our memes, that's why "meme magic" works. A redditor would call this "confirmation bias"
Worse: it's the god of the Scottish Rite, JahBulOn.
JAH = Jahweh, the God of the Hebrews.
BUL = Baal, the ancient Canaanite fertility god associated with 'licentious rites of imitative magic'.
ON = Osiris, the Ancient Egyptian god of the underworld.

お前がだ!

Seems like Holla Forums has gotten a lot better since I last visited. Yes, Lain is very redpilled if you're understanding of the situation.

Explain to me why this thread shouldn't be wiped off this board.

That would take a lot of explaining. You're better of watching Lain.

Let me take some time and read through this thread and reply to some posters.

Now, I say this a lot, and I say it for a reason. Meme magick isn't exactly what people think it is.

Memes do have an influence over reality, but this is because memes have influence over man and man has influence over reality (to some extent)

And of course, the internet has some influence on memes, through man. It's very cyclical.

Have our present day memes bled into an old anime? No. It's just that the memes we are experiencing today are actually very old memes that often repeat themselves. Is the show a prophecy of the future? No, it's more like a copy of the blueprint.

You should know, after all, you're connected.

Sort of. Nobody really knows what Lain is, but we know that we're connected.

You have the right idea, kind of.

Heh.
>yfw I'm dysnomia

Back then, there was no such thing as social networks,

Sorry guys, This thread is actually a lot larger than I thought and I don't have a lot of time to reply to everyone.

why haven't you started the knights yet faggot?

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

It's easier to give a reason to have this removed. It's an anime. This is a politics board.

Sure it's an anime, but it has undertones this board focuses on.

Truth does not fear investigation.

Tha'ts what I'm asking. Like what themes exactly?

Secret Societies, AI, Religion, Social networks, Humanity, Politics.

Much more than you think, if you'd watch it you would know, but you probably won't.

Here is a description by the writer to perhaps peak your interest.

The story I am about to relate, though constructed on a patchwork of fiction, is nevertheless symbolic of certain phenomena based in reality. Furthermore, I predict that, when the words here graven have been amplified, they will begin their transformation into truth.

Every event serves to emphasize the existence of one's own personal reality, and as individuals separate from all others, we desire a place to belong.
However, that, too, is but an egotistical concept. In order for there to be mutual understanding, it is necessary to recognize here and now that, like the brain synapses, we are all – connected.

lain is lain. lain is lain
Each is separate – yet they are one.
By connecting, humanity gains first awareness of its function as a seed.
By connecting, a human no longer remains a mere end-point, a "terminus," but becomes a junction to another point, having won the right to serialize itself.
The ability to connect is the ability to continue – they are one and the same.
This not only applies to the connection of axial coordinates but temporal coordinates as well. Therefore, at the time when a conscious, intentional connection is made, surely the dead will rise from their intended place, appearing at the time coordinate of the connection's origin.

In that moment, the realization shall dawn that the time in which we inhabit our physical bodies is but the starting point of connection, and the very meaning of possessing a physical body at all shall be questioned.
You must not fear this tale.
What you must fear – is lain

Recognize that you are connected.
Serialize thyself.

It actually may be better to discuss this on Holla Forums (since /a/ doesn't want politics, and Holla Forums doesn't like anime)

Sounds like ranty shit

Perhaps it is.

Another circlejerk thread I guess

we need you to start up the engine of Holla Forums, we believe in you, do something to promote cyber fascism today

BDMUX is best release, that's exactly what I was implying.

More people need to watch East of Eden.

It's basically a show that goes through a laundry list of everything that's wrong with modern japanese society. It touches on concepts that are starting to show in America as well. The ending becomes nonsensical if you try to interpret it literally however.

Seems interesting. I'll have to pick it up.

I will tell you a secret.

The people who own all the corporations and banks are into the occult.

They have also studied all history and every previous civilization and have the real history for the last several thousand years.

They have also been successful at maintaining power for several generations.

The current empire is the anglo-saxon establishment. Each empire lasts 250 years and then collapses. The ruling blood lines fall and a new empire is built from the ashes.

The books they wrote (you can find them if you know what you are looking for), a hundred years ago, predict exactly the world we live in today. The collapse, the decadence, the police state, the pedophilia. We are just going through the same thing thing, that all previous empires have gone through.

You will live through a time of great chaos and destruction. Some of the satanic elite, old money families have names for the GATE children. They call them the "indigo children" or indicate that they have a role in building the new society, after the collapse.

The elite study history, astrology, science, mathematics.
- we are in an inter-glacial period, lasting ~12,000 years and are in year 11,500
- an age is a 30 degree procession of the earth on its axis. Each age is about 2500 years
- the current priest class, has been around for at least 3 cycles or atleast 9800 years
- we are at the end of the age of Prices and going into the Aquarian age
- There is a culling event or flood, that will destroy most of the human population, at the end of the age. Plagues, famine, war, destruction.
- The British establishment knew the existing empire would fall. They knew in the 1920s and even before that, from studying previous empires. They were preparing to create the next empire in the ashes of the first and even accelerating the decline.
- The end of the age, appears to be scheduled for the global solar minimum and they are rushing to meet the schedule.

There are multiple factions, with different ideas. They are all over the place.

Its survival of the fittest. The most powerful, effective social structure is going to win.

The decrepit oligarchs and bloodlines will fall. A new aristocracy of purpose will rise from the ashes.

The priest class, keeping the oligarchy in place, is actually much much more powerful than the oligarchs.

See: larouchepub.com/other/2010/3736inter-alpha_genocide.html

There is a very strange mix of blood lines, empire, cults, finance and industrial interests. Mixed with military strategy.

When the current empire falls, there will be a scramble to see whether Europe or China will become the new Hegemonic power or where the new power center will emerge.

Or perhaps we are at the end of the spatial empires and the world will return to a state of constant warfare and infinite sub-division or fragmentation. Or whether an empire of the mind, localized from physical space will emerge.

It should give purpose to you life, to know that the base humans wont make it through this. That they will be culled. That they are being culled.

Some of the elite see the GATE children as the future. Who will play key roles in the crisis and rebuilding the new empire after the current empire falls.

Other elite, see the GATE children as high verbal IQ, children capable of leadership, who need to be eliminated or monitored because they threaten the rule of an increasingly out of touch with reality hereditary banking/industrial elite.

The GATE children (high verbal IQ, aggressive, leaders who defer to their own judgement rather than social consensus) are both the promise of progress (perfection of the world) and a threat (to the hereditary elite).

These are simply, the children who have been identified by psychologists are being the class of people who have started previous peasant revolts, based upon history.

Only one peasant needs to say "This is bullshit", to start a social contagion and collapse the entire tower of lies that society is built upon.

In occult Free Masonry and the Kabbalah and occult Judaism, there children have a special role. In leading to "Progress" or the perfection of man.

They are the ones, who will lead the revolt against the hereditary elite and establish an meritocratic aristocracy of purpose, instead of an aristocracy of blood.

I do not fully understand all of the perspectives and religious understanding of the elite occult groups, but know that the hereditary elite have perverted the teachings to their own benefit. It is lies and distortion all the way to the top. They even believe the lies they created.

Fuck off commie
Alturism as in selfless action doesn't exist as all organism are selfish
Alturism as in helping others for no immediate gain is perfectly rational as you'd expect them to do likewise for you
When they don't and continue to leech off of you is when it's time to cut them off
The problem is the government prevents us from doing that, essentially creating a permanent parasite class who continues to grow in power thanks to having their growth subsidized and votes=power

uh

Samsara is Nirvana. Time and space are illusions of mind in the same way the duck-rabbit is an optical illusion. The "self" is a continuously transforming energy field with no beginning and no end.

She was right on this. Pathological altruism IS self-destructive and we see the negative effects everyday.

They should at least teach The Fate of Empires in schools. Nations work so hard on their national greatness, countless agents sacrifice and die and for what in the end when pathologically ill leftism literally decays it from within with an ideology of self-hatred for ones nation, heritage, race, and ones self.

While having such an ancient file name? Although I'm glad you are here.

It's a steinbeck novel so there are lot of hits on google. Do you mean Eden of the East? That's what comes up when I search "East of Eden anime".

Yes, it's an old site dating back to 03 or 04 or so. Iirc, it'll log 10 messages at a time that might or might not be either partially 'garbled' or have some letters replaced with visual equivalents (ie A -> 4). They'll also be mixed up with other random messages and hashes. If you upload an image, it'll get shown and distorted to a certain degree. I think it will also randomly drag up old images and messages from the archives.

From what I've heard, this intentionally limited "message board" somehow managed to be the center of the lain online community. I think earlier iterations had something like 20-25 messages on screen, but it's still surprising. I wonder if the original users all navigated there by chance, just like that user, seeing the url in the show and trying it out.

The show incorporates the idea of existence itself as a meme. If no one knows that you exist, then you don't exist. The conceptual can manifest physically, altering both past and present. It's all wrapped within the veneer of sci-fi, but at its heart, it's a very philosophical show.

Lain herself is a special being with a special destiny. She is aware of these sweeping changes to reality because she is capable of existing outside of the memetic system. If such changes were to affect our world, we probably wouldn't know about it.

If it exists, then the memetic system appears to be capable of resolving its own contradictions. Logical consistency is either built on the fly or maintained by one or more intelligent beings. If you were to try and prove the existence of such a system, you would need to find "glitch" in it. Make a change to the past with meme magic, and then try to find some related detail that the system forgot to change.

Perhaps internet memes did bleed back into 1998. … It's not the craziest idea that's floating around in current year.

Hikikomori's laziness is a natural reaction when a work horse is overworked. Gov, women, corporations, etc, work men to death, so men go on strike. When everything falls apart finally, they will gain power and restore natural order.

ok hands up, who here genuinely tried to commit suicide and had fuck all happen within the last 10 years?

EVERYWHERE

In the last 10 years, I have been pumped full of so much morphine it should have killed me and didn't fully put me out/kept me in an out of body type experience while I had a broken bone set
I remember everything, the doctors putting my arm back together, putting the small sticks under my cast before the plaster, everything. All while I was supposedly "out"
next 3 days I kept seeing the back of my head, like I was walking behind myself in third person, perfectly sober watching myself stumble to the bathroom to vomit.
After sobering up I kept having this idea that I was still in the hospital, in a coma waiting to really wake up.

this nigger gets it.

Shut the fuck up, faggot autist.

took a bunch of pills to get away from my parents, should have melted my liver to jelly, not even so much as a buzz.
since then, the world around me seems different, i got what i wanted and havent spoken to parents in several years, found a part of what i was looking for in the last life.

cant help but think i'm still not in my home world though. if it even still exists.

Antisliding non-moeshit redpilled anime.

Interesting perspective. I'd never thought of it that way.

Kek is analogous to Eiri. The Knights are the Chans. Eiri wants to blur the lines between the real world and the Wired. If Kek exists, he appears to want the same thing. In the part where Lain hears Eiri's voice on the subway, the wording he uses to describe himself so close to referencing meme magic that it comes across like prophecy.

If Kek actually is real, I would be hesitant about trusting him. Our enemies are uniting against us. Islam continues to spread across Europe. Birthrates of Westerners remain at or below replacement levels. The left continually becomes more radicalized – much so to the point that we have to worry about them starting Civil War II if Trump wins.

Tbh, I'd put my faith in whatever god Lain corresponds to. She's a computer hacking shut-in whose online persona is known for IRL trolling. She's not gonna let the chans down.

I meant to attach that.

Lain would be most analogous to Thoth.

I assume you mean rebuild using the bones of NEETs for construction material, because people with no useful skills have no other role in a post-collapse society.

What the fuck am I watching. How is it this prophetic. I feel like we've uncovered some serious forbidden memery here.

well, I just started watching it today, saw the first 3

seemed a bit boring, too many long pauses, too many long expanding shots where nothing happens

but Holla Forums recommended it, so I'll watch the restr

ok, I'm out,sounds like spoilers

it is not a prophecy but an instruction manual on how to materialize meme magic.

Lain is a very slow paced and unnerving show.

That's kinda the point.

Episode 9, "Protocol", about the hypertext database system called memex, pretty good stuff.