The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows Story Time

I know a lot of other anons on here are really enjoying Gerry Conway's run of Carnage, and I'd thought I would post this in prep for is run on Renew Your Vows in September, also because its good.

The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #1

The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #2

The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #3

The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #4

The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #5

And thats the end of that

Cant wait till November to continue with more Spider-Dad

Wait, is this a 2015 spiderman comic that isn't filled with Morales and isn't about social justice or white priviledge? How did Marvel executives allowed this!?

Doom: creates a world where Peter can live a quiet life with his love and raise a child.
Richards: Makes Peter a bigwig business man while putting Mary Jane with a competing business run by a known womanizer.
Why is Reed such a shitty hero?

Shocking inst it.

Because Doom is the hero we need not the one we deserve.

I just have a few little complains. First is that the Punisher is dead yet I understand because he is not superpowered, and second that they needed to make a bullshit new character to do the job.

Besides that everything is good enouth.

Yeah I cant wait to see what Conway does with it, I feel a little weirded out by MJ getting powers as well.

Also does anyone remember I think it was superman issue 6 where Lois gets bat power armour then fights the bad guy, just a parallel I noticed.

This is the Spiderman I've wanted for so many years. If only this were the main spiderman story.

but didn't super dad come out after Spiderman renew your vows? Maybe thats what I like both so much. They let the characters grow.

You know, with all the edgy and psychotic supervillains that came into comics from the 70s I was wondering if noone would do a comic series about a god powered level villaing or a group of villains who looked at first just ridiculous and silly, but only because they just love the whole hero vs villain dinamic and wants to deal with all the edgy fuckers who doesn't follow the rules.

Basically a group of Megaminds and early Jokers vs all the modern jokers and psychotic heroes.

Yeah it did, I ma just saying I just recently read Renew your vows and just noticed it.

This is good.
I wish more things were good.

unheard of

I'm impressed.

You mean like some weird inversion of The Boys? Perhaps applying it in a context that would make sense, so that it could be enjoyable instead of making you endlessly miserable?

i liked spiderman killing people
we need more of these

You realize it's effective because he doesn't normally do it, right? If there was more of it, would just become meaningless and dreary.

I don't know about the ending, though. I wish the inhibitor had completely shut down Roman's enhanced physiology. I don't get the warm and fuzzies the scene is supposed to invoke because in my mind, trying to knock him out was a risk Peter couldn't afford to take. What if the punch didn't daze him? What if he crushed her neck by some reflexive action?

It makes it seem like the only difference between Brock and Roman is editorial fiat. Brock died because we're leading into the second act, Roman lives because it's the denouement. That's, so..cheap.

So..is this an alternate universe story or Peter and MJ are back together and we all forget the thing with the Devil? Because, figures that AU Peter Parker is happy with his life while 616 Peter constantly suffers.

Well, Dan did wrote for New Batman Adventures and it was good. It's just that his Spider-Man is downright terrible. I mean, who was clamoring for SpOck?

The Secret Wars (2?) event was precipitated by earths from other realities smashing together, killing all inhabitants. Earth 616 and 1610 (Classic Marvel and Ultimate Marvel, respectively) are on a collision course, and multiple parties are all trying to save the worlds in their own way. The collision happens and both universes are destroyed. One of the parties was Doom, and having somehow gained the powers of Molecule Man he tries to construct a world to keep as many characters from the two universes alive. This is Battleworld, which is chunks of various important locations, and one of those sections is New York. Battleworld is effectively a unique universe with it's own history, but for characters with a lot of legacy, things are pretty consistent with their classic stories (Sans Fantastic Four and Doom, and also up until a bunch of heroes get killed off, as you saw). Doom uses his powers to rule over and hold Battleworld together, which is why Regent talks about Doom and nobody knows who he is.

Do you think it's some sort of Dark Knight gambit, where Slott tried to run Spider Man into the ground so they would be forced to reset hims somehow? Maybe he was just trying really hard to get into the mindset of Octavius, and he had a mental break. They realized too late that he had gone of the deep end, but maybe now he's better.

Exactly. Like making some sort of rules and laws like the sicilians did like. "Never go for the family", "never involve children with deadly schemes", "if you kill your minion you should have a reason", "if you are just a psycho never wear the costume" and other things like that. Any edgy cunt who break those rules would be found in a dumpster and in many, many small bags.

This series better end with the parkers beating the shit out of mephesto

That sounds like a comic about Flash's villains.

How is this so funny?

First Super-Dad..now Spider-Dad. What's with the Big 2 with Hero Dads?

They learned people wanted to see heroes grow up and fuck their fiances instead of being eternally blueballed.

It's the dawn of the Age of Dad

We know Marvel's dad age won't go well though. Unless you're Luke Cage. Then nothing can happen or else Bendis will be pissed.

And coming soon…Age of Dad jokes.

A bunch of people who grew up reading their stories are now fathers. Thus, father stories sell well.

It is entirely possible, as they showed Mephisto is in New York the Valentine's Day issue.

Very good comic. But two things wondering about.

First, how did the regent know about Doom? Second, does anyone else think that even if he had all their powers, he wouldn't be able to have taken on doom?

They completely wasted Power Pack and got rid of the boots

It's shit.

I remember seeing someone ask "what happened to all the supervillains in the Incredibles universe when supers were banned?" and someone suggested all the "good publicity" types dealt with them. I think it would be an interesting spinoff.

Well, if he just showed up on normal Doom's doorstep with the right pastiche of powers, he might be able to pull it off if Doom didn't have the sense to just bail. However, Battleworld Doom is pretty literally a god. He shaped and maintained the world via willpower, and when his sheriff, Dr. Strange went against him, Doom offed him in short order. So Regent murdered all those people for nothing (also, Doom is pretty benevolent and killing him would probably lead to the destruction of Battleworld, so the tragedy compounds).

I don't think they're saying he's bad for wanting to protect her, but it does conflict with his core principles. It would be weird if he didn't have some internal guilt over it. It's a fairly balanced representation, though I think playing the nice guy at the end was a bit weird, considering a metahuman had his hands around Annie's neck.

Hey man, it's a Spider-Man story, not a Power Pack story. At least they're together, alive and doing stuff in this reality.

I hope these comics sold really well so that Marvel gets their head out of their ass and realizes what people want.

Well we are getting series of this, I dont know if it is a ongoing or not though

Does Brian Benis has THAT much power over ?