Other 'nets

Tor
I2P
Freenet
Zeronet
Retroshare
ipfs
gnunet

What are the rest? Spill the beans you fat paranoid neckbeards.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/concepts
gnunet.org/compare
github.com/libp2p/xtp
github.com/ipfs/notes/issues/37
github.com/ipfs/notes/issues/124
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sneakernet. You go to the other guy and give them a USB stick with whatever data you want to share.
Carrier Pidgeon. Same as Sneakernet but with a pidgeon.

This guy knows what's up. The problem that all those new fangled non-airgapped nets have is that the endpoints are usually compromised to shit.

OTP archive.is/3e1LL

I hope the sneakernet becomes popular again so Holla Forums and /g/ can have Nike vs. Adidas arguments.

Nigger-net

Retroshare is a client/server with pgp encryption and dht protocol to find another public key (a bit like tox)
Only the content of the transactions are anonymous not the IPs.
It can go through tor tho.

RMS has refused his Jewishness (if he is) the day the word "free" came out of his mouth.
Plus he doesn't code anymore he's more of a symbol of federation.

Also learn to read instead of shitposting
gnunet preparing for post quantum (Shor's algorithm (see GHM conference at Rennes 2016)).

links:
gnunet.org/concepts
gnunet.org/compare

NO WEAKNESS

Holla Forums won't have arguments over sneakernet because the majority of people who will be using it won't be autistic or friends with an autist

Comcast.net

Unfinished. On my sbc with 512mb of ram, i2pd slowly grows from 10% to almost 70%, and then it drops to 10% again. I've got other shit running on this thing so these memory shenanigans are a pain in the ass. Still better than fucking java though.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as IPFS, is in fact, IPFS/darknet, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, IPFS plus darknet. IPFS is not an online anonymity system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning decentralized file system made useful by the libp2p library, go-ipfs and js-ipfs implementations and protocol specs comprising a full interplanetary file system as defined by the IPFS team.

Can't we just have a script where i could publish once and said script will help me push into multiple networks automatically?

It will help populate contents across these tinfoil web thus helping them to look less dead.

Probably improper memory management or garbage collection feature.

mah nigga

Usenet
Squidnet ( dead, 2009-2016 ripip )

i2pd is godly but empty. love the assigning dns idea

This is the only correct anonymity guide

In theory libp2p and/or ipfs should be able to do this eventually. There's work being done now to let you retrieve files from tor onion links and from i2p, I think GNUnet is also interacting with ipfs somehow but I forget. Long term I'd imagine you'll be able to just pick which networks you wish to make content available on, I think there's even a short term plan to allow ipfs to just manipulate the binaries to allow this functionality until native support is rolled in. But again, it's not all ready yet and probably not a huge priority at the moment, eventually though.

github.com/libp2p/xtp
github.com/ipfs/notes/issues/37
github.com/ipfs/notes/issues/124

Yeah but there's nothing you can DO with it. I installed it once and got nothing but a UI that had no goal and looked like it was made of crayons.

this but with microsd cards and pico drones

Gnunet isn't safe

pic related