2000AD Thread

Prog #2000 comes out tomorrow, are you ready ?

Nope

Lol, that picture is like a who's who of creators they've fucked.

INTO THE ISOCUBES!

Why can't you just let a corpse stay in the ground?

Is anyone reading new dredd?

Well you bootlegs, it's out
I'm storytiming it

2000AD PROG #2000

Kicking off with Ol' Dreddy of course, and with a Strontium Dog crossover !

Whoever thought that cloning Judge Cal of all people was a good is the galaxy's biggest retard

(checked)
Speaking of fuckers who cannot stay dead, look who's back !
It's everyone's favourite asshole with the pointy hat, ready to REMOVE DEVIANT

Nemesis and Torque are back

Now for some Rogue Trooper

Anderson's Psi Division

And that's all, happy prog #2000
Good night earthlets

Shall we do a blow-by-blow?

-Dredd
Oh dear, the fact it's reached Prog 2000 (not to be confused with the New Year issue in 2000 - how did they not see that coming back to bite them?) is bound to garner it a few MSM mentions. This would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce the first part of a story about a compelling new supervillain, and re-introduce Dredd and the Big Meg for newcomers. Instead they dredge up an ancient villain and do some "oh yeah he was cloned lol" handwaving. The Strontium Dogs hardly need to be in it, I suppose they couldn't cram them in any other way.

-Nemesis
This strip should have finished in the 80's. The early stories are like Warhammer 40k turned up to 11, but it just started going in circles.

-Rogue Trooper
A reintroduction story with an interesting supervillain. This is what Dredd should have done! Okay, he isn't a NEW villain, but I can imagine a normie reading this might want to see how it continues…

-Anderson
A gag story, just filler (though beautifully drawn). It's also not a current story, unless she's been re-juved. The current Anderson is in her fifties and has short hair.

-Filler story for the 90's
Kek, I actually remember when Vector 13 "took over" the comic. They were men in black, but it was really based on the X-Files. A transparently cynical attempt to throw out the traditions of the comic and attract that audience. I still remember my grin when Tharg came back and kicked their shit in.

-Sinister Dexter
This strip was great in it's time. That time was the 20th century. I've not seen it for ages, but they've dredged up another character from when it was actually good (probably the last good story, actually), only now she can't remember them?

-Counterfiet Girl
Looks like a story that could be set in Judge Dredd's world, but isn't. I get the feeling it's going to become "too clever for it's own good", and just confuse people.

I blame Mills for pulling out a Miura and be all picky about finishing the strip
This new strip is nice, it's not a reboot or the beginning of a new saga, just a one-off, so no chances of doing an unnecessary sequel or some other shit
But Man, I don't remember O'Neil's artwork looking like this, it's like he got lazy and forgot to ink the entire bloody thing