Stargate

opinions on this show?

The movie was better.

And it wasn't very good either.

Kino

Saw 2 minutes of it once

"We are clearly outnumbered here, and don't stand a chance."

it has that special place in my heart

Season 1 and 2 were okay i guess. Rest was garbage.
The newfags on Holla Forums unironically like it because they grew up with this shit.Maybe half of them actually ever watched the movie.

I have watched everything stargate related, I have stalked the writers, the producers, the actors for the past 20 years. My dream is to take revenge on SyFy for killing SGA and SGU, they will pay.

I never understood why they didn't stick something like a GAU-8 outside the entrance. Or used Tanks

so what do you watch thats better? Westworld?
sg1 is probably the most enjoyable and rewatchable scifi series of all time.

Gas yourself

season 1 was the worst of all of them besides maybe 10 or 9

Shut up circumcised faggot.

>>>/oven/

SGU was SJW garbage.

Agreed but starting second half of the first season it was getting interesting.
They changed the endiñg of Gauntlet because Rush was the one to stay awake, would have loved a third season or at least two films to wrap this up. The sjw bits were really cringe worthy but the premises were engaging and some really good actors. They could have chosen better writers but the industry is plagued by cuckbois like Joseph Mallozzi with a clear SJW agenda. The tension between Rush, Young and Camilla was really good but I wish they would have sacrifice more people starting with Cloe and Eli.

God bless you on your path.

Wrong.
the actors were shit and the premises were drowned out by the soap opera. please go back to watching your chick flick garbage and keep away from sci fi you whore

Was cool but atlantis is better.

Also "ancients" were also cool.

SGU is utter shit.

I didn't like the space opera but people like you killed the franchise.
I will never forgive you manchild.
Doing a SGU marathon at the moment and it is good despite of all its flaws.
We didn't have this many good space series.

SGU
The Expanse
Dark Matter
Ascension

That's all prove me wrong fuckers.

SG-1? Shit. Up until the replicatHors thingy it's watchable (went to look it up… they show up apparently in season 3…) So 2 seasons out of 10, because it becomes terribly stale, then shit, then refined shit, then batshit (we need to do something to save the cash cow).
As a franchise? Ultra mega flying excrement.
Atlantis is split right during the refined shit period to become highly concentrated shit, it's almost an art at that point.
SGU is rage inducing, it has tiny shards of almost good sci fi in it, drowned in an ocean of shit, of so many cringy scenes that are at a "oh mother of God make it stop" level…

The original movie is the only thing enjoyable (it's not really good or anything but it's a perfectly acceptable piece of entertainment).

This.

Fuck no. The best thing about the movie is that it made the TV series possoble. SG-1 was great, fuck you.

Try again newfag.
Or even better, just fuck off back to plebbit or whatever shithole you crawled out of.

Weren't they making a new movie?

I thought it was breddy good. Fun adventure of the week show with a few over arching plots. Campy enough to no take itself too seriously but not moaningly campy like dr. british.

The creators of the original movie wanted to reboot the whole damn thing with a new movie trilogy but they got stuck in development hell.

The first season of SGA will always be the best of Atlantis. Wright & Cooper should've stayed as showrunners, SGA turned to shit once they gave carte blanche to Mallozzi and his writing partner.
I liked SGU because I felt like they wanted to tell a story, different than what we were use to. The production started hiring new writers and directors and they cared about the characters instead of going full "dumb action comic book style" like SGA.
Even if some characters were badly written or completely out of place (Eli), I liked the setting, the random encounters, the different approach to the concept of the Stargate, the universe and traveling through space (it wasn't really the central point of previous Stargate shows), the Big Bang, the cosmic background radiation. I've seen every Stargate show and I think SGU felt bigger than what was made before. While SG-1 and SGA were the sci-fi equivalent of a procedural tv show, SGU was like a (short) journey into discovery, the unknown.

SGU was pure garbage.

Other than that, Stargate SG1/SG Atlantis were the most successful SciFi shows of the 90s/00s, outlasting Star Trek series's and other rivals.

It did quite a lot with the premise, and realized loads of potential. They could have done far more, and a lot of things could have been handled better. Many things about the show were a predictable consequence of budget and irl politics and of course creator politics.

Overall, extremely well done, everyone involved should be proud of themselves. They did well.

Oh and SFDebris needs to review it more

Behold, the retarded hipster

Probably an unpopular opinion but I found that the movie was far, far better despite a weak ending. I tried to get through season 1 and couldn't do it. Mcguyver was a joking jerk dick and ruined every scene he was in.

I herd when Crichton and that peacekeeper whore joined later in the show if got better. May try again.

I thought you making a joke, but holy shit they did join hah

No,the show got really bad when Mcguyver left shit budget constant shilling for Star-gate Atlantis bad (more than usual) story telling, acting, etc.

Atlantis was trash SGU was better SG-1 was bad but had huge potential that was only occasionally realized on a few shows…. I guess it was a bit like the x-files lots of bad episodes and a few good ones.

Found the problem. It gets much much better.

Context?

Ori were a mistake, Ba'al did nothing wrong

none of those are watchable.

liking garbage doesnt make you a man.

Context is, it's previously mentioned in the episode that Teal'c is given tickets to "some show" he believes is called "The Virginia Monologues". At the end of the episode it cuts to this scene.

watched the first 2-3 minutes few days ago
fucking dropped

ikr, such violence against men, fucking female supremacists don't understand our pain.

exactly. the poor boy just wanted to push some buttons but nooooo. the stronk white wymyn just had to beat him up.