Other urls found in this thread:

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24121/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20710/
youtube.com/watch?v=ipTD5MXHrBo
youtube.com/watch?v=0-M_xtEgNAY
sakugabooru.com/post/show/26073/
kitakubu.co/2014/07/how-much-do-japanese-voice-actors-actress-get-paid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because the talent pool is "inbred" from being centered around a few select cliques for so long. For example Gumball is the best comedy show running on CN both in animation and writing quality and it's not made in US.

OP used the same fucking gif last time he made this thread. You ain't foolin' nobody.

News flash, ya old Holla Forumsdgers: Western animated television series have been steadily increasing in quality over the past half-century. We've come a long way, from the cheaply-made Hannah-Barbera mystery shows of the 70's; to higher quality merchandise-driven stuff in the 80's and 90's; to some genuine (if usually juvenile) gems in the 2000's; to the colorful and witty romps we see as the best shows of today. (Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and TAWOG, just to name two.)

As for the gif itself, assuming it's meant to be taken as a criticism, that's like giving anime flak 'cuz all the characters have the same general style of face. If anything, it's great that western animation is finally finding its own aesthetic niche. A familiar, cohesive aesthetic is much more exportable; it's one of the many reasons why anime is almost universally enjoyed outside of western countries, while western animation has been either rare or unheard of.

That said, speaking purely on looks, modern WA could stand to get a bit more detailed. It's a pity that western animation has to run at such a high framerate; with the budgets some of these shows have, I'm sure a few of 'em could even surpass Wakfu if they slowed things down a bit.

Didn't you make this exact thread like two weeks ago

They always sucked
-John K.

PHHHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Stopped reading there.

Anything made by HB is leagues, Hear me now, LEAGUES better than the majority of the trash on right now.

It's official, Gen Z needs to be purged with flames.

'Cause you aren't sitting in your "uncle's" lap being fondled while you watch them.

Cal-arts

Doesn't help that art schools nowadays are nothing more than a way to fleece young people.

You can get away with literally anything these days. Apparently, a disturbing amount of art school graduates make great projects of making sculptures of their vaginas, plaster casts of their vaginas, or live shows of sticking things in their vaginas, calling it art.

Murrica - Cal-Arts, nuff said.
Japan - they can't produce anything but cookie-cutter crap with walking cliches instead of characters because otaku menchildren will stab them in dark alley otherwise.
Russia - Soviet censorship died, but with it died the quality control. Minicult keeps funding all kinds of putrid shit now, most likely as a way to embezzle money.
France - do they really suck? I can't recall many French cartoons, but ones I know aren't sucky at all.

A better question would be, "How did cartoons come to suck."

Maybe money went out of the business thanks to internet. Not so many who watch TV anymore.

Nice shit opinions you got there champ.

Elaborate bait or the real thing. Either way, I'm sad as fuck because I know someone out there thinks this way and is in charge of producing the next shit CN show.

French cartoons are decent to good but there's only money for like, one at a time. And who the fuck knows what their censors are gonna turn into these days.

>With streaming services less people in general watch TV in general

because the cucks who are all "I can SO make a better cartoon" never get off they asses and put their shit up

Wakfu is great, Ernest and Celestine, Dragon Hunters, Asterix… What annoys me with French cartoons is that they are often straightforward with no twists and the sense of humor is often awful.

Take Wakfu for example. The characters join a bakery contest in a filler episode. Losing or winning doesn't have any influence on the overall plot. One of the contestants is a cat doing disgusting things, like preparing the dough in its mouth. That alone is the joke, being disgusting.
The obvious choice for an actually funny punchline would have been, if the cat, despite the way it prepared the bread and despite how the result looks would have won the contest by taste. That would have been hilarious.

Similar to that ladybug show, it keeps taking the boring, obvious route.

French cartoons are too simple, Japanese anime is too complicated. Cal-Arts stuff at least delivers a good mix of it.

Also: Why do people complain about Cal-Arts, considering everyone here circle-jerks on Steven Universe, despite it was already the third Cal-Arts copy-pasta, while Star is the fourth and Loud House the friggin fifth, looking worse than the others with Flash animation below MLP.

Because they rip off 10 year old Canadian stuff.

We share a board with tasteless fags that watch FOP of all things. This may not be Holla Forumsmblr 2.0 yet but it's getting pretty damn close.

Art is an affront to Allah.

You can't be serious
You can't be serious.

Someone post the "grinning potato" image, I can never find it.

It's not just that. There are two scathing problems with art schools these days.

First, what's easy to see at CalArts: these places have cut focus on technical skill in order to give more time to the students that want to "network" with companies, which is a nice way to form chummy relationships with people that only care about a cartoon in terms of how much money and Adderall they can get from it. CalArts is where rich kids go to develop the friendships that lead to cronyism down the road.

Second, what you can see at the Slade School: since rich kids are the bulk of a private school's income, a mob of rich kids can get together and threaten to leave if the school doesn't make things easier for them. That's why the place doesn't have any figure drawing classes with models anymore, and instead their Masters of Fine Arts graduates are just adding pictures of themselves wearing random arts and crafts supplies.

To boil it down: western animation is going down the tubes to newfound lows because of rich kids. I don't know that much about anime because I'm finding myself hating it more and more each year. I'm just going with and saying when it isn't garbage to satisfy Holla Forums /a/, it's eventually co-opted by Tumblr's cancerous userbase.

I am serious. I rather have some deeper, psychological topics (like the Adventure Time episode where Finn is basically god and manipulates the lives he controls how he wants) than some technobabble, unexplained shit we just have to take, words noone can fucking keep in mind and a story sinking under fetish fanservice crap.

In some tryhard animes, I have no clue whats going on, because the creators pull the story out of their ass in the last episodes.

But someone reacting with a sports gif won't understand, you're probably a dork.

Sounds like most of the shit anime I've forced myself to watch, with more anatomically correct drawing. You're defending something that's like shit anime, but worse.

How about you piss off if you don't like Holla Forums. If you want to suck Superman's dick, you might consider going to /cuteboys/.

Try watching Chris Colorado for a good example of a cartoon with a strong story arc made by the French. There's no filler episodes.

In hindsight, I think the strong story arc may have harmed the series, if a viewer missed an episode in it's original broadcast they would have been screwed when the next came on. (It didn't look like there was any previous episode recap) It may have been the reason why it only lasted one season. (A season that does tie it's plot threads satisfyingly while leaving future thread to serves as conflict for a non-existent 2nd season)

Because you are watching mainstream shit, they are purely made and drew by talentless writers and overseas studios.

Go and watch some good youtube animators.

Not liking. LIKED. That's important.
Like how I LIKED most cartoons until they overstayed their welcome or went nowhere with their story.

But since noone here complains about the Loud House fags or the bronies in the year 2016, let me fucking stand to my opinion.

You probably watch that faggot shot GoT written by a fat perv, right? There. You're not any better.

Was Bob Morane French, too? It looks like a French comic at least. Great show.

You know whats actually a faggot show? JoJo.

There, I said it. Piss off and watch your JoJo and One Punch Man, retard.

TF2 is actually a shit game played by the Minecraft demographic. Just saying.

I do.
Anytime I see MLP shit posted, I call it out. And every so often, I ask why we need a permanent thread dedicated to Loud House.

I just don't fucking get why Adventure Time episodes like "Puhoy", "All the Little People" or hell, "I remember you" are considered not being deep in comparison to the other crap they keep watching here, ESPECIALLY JoJo, Spongebob, Loud House, Star, JLA and anything like that.

Are they trolls or fucking blind?

I don't care that it's kid friendly, so what? So is most shit posted here.
And you seem to usually eat those tumblr-shit tier shows and (web)comics up.

But okay, this is a hypocrite board which doesn't tell a Sonic fanfic author he's fucking retarded in the "user actually does things" threads.

What a toxic bunch of shit.
So I like some Adventure Time episodes, I fucking like Snyder/ Capullo Batman. I watched the first two seasons of MLP! Oh yeah? Whatcha gonna do about it? Suck my fucking dick!

Oh hey, it's reddit. Hi reddit.

WOW you are the spergiest sperg i have see in 8chin and that comes from someone who autistically saves every thread for no reason
But seriously if you wanna talk about adventure time just do it friend no need to do brave monologues about being oneself and accepting autism

It's like this is your first venture here from /r/Holla Forums or something, and you're finding out you're not cut out for this site.

naa he is just baiting im sure

No, I rather wanna talk what hypocritical fucks you are.

its ok user, and stating that i would have discussed at with you

Holy shit you are mad, I haven't seen an autistic meltdown like this since that mod's spergout a few weeks ago.

my heart, you just stomped it

I'm sorry user. It wasn't meant for you. I apologies and wish you a happy day.

It was meant for this fag

It's about 6 AM, too late to deal with that shit, so yes, I'm mad.

Because anyone can say the most stupid shit ever anywhere I go, but for some reason, when I fucking say anything, it's wrong.

boy you are in anonymous clubhouse if everybody tells you that you are fucking stupid maybe its because you are fucking stupid no hard feelings

It's a combination of
a.) the shit you said was extra retarded (beyond normal retardation [i.e. "Adventure Time is deep])
b.) doubling down when you get called out
You replied upwards of 6 times to individual posters with different posts for each one, and instead of refuting arguments you started sperging out over the source of reaction images.
If it's 6 AM where you are why are you on an anonymous imageboard autistically replying to each and every person who insults you over the internet?

Not everyone. Just this fucking thread.

Oh - maybe YOU are wrong! I'm not fucking talking about the deepest shit in the universe here, but deep in comparison to other shit.

Because fuck my life.

postmodernism

That's the attitude

Yes. And now insult whoever thinks JoJo is not weeb. There's a thread right now.

Based on the times, it's because he's a Britcuck and his life really is that miserable.

see thats your problem you concentrate in the negative, you blame weaboos for the lack of adventure time threads but how instead of being pissed about it, think about why is there in first place.

The imaginary Japan you have constructed in your head sounds like a bad place.

Jesus fucking christ user, if you look for every goddamn cartoon out there to be Oh so deep and philosophical with "deepest lore" then you have a fucking problem
And if you actually take Adventure Time's god-awful attempts at being Evangelion as a standard for writing in cartoons, please do everyone a favor and get the hell out of here STALKER

Okay enough already. I never watched Evangelion besides End of Evangelion and the new movies and don't fucking care.

You you tell me I'm stupid because I haven't seen from which weaboo shit (starring emo Shinji) Adventure Time ripped off its ideas? That's kinda sad.

Nigger, you complained about technobable that doesn't make any sense at all in animus, Adventure Time does just that with pseudo-philosophical bullshit that in the end doesn't mean anything

Yes, that's a flaw.
But isn't that always the case- oh wait.

Weeaboo means wannabe Japanese. Something that is Japanese cannot be wannabe Japanese.

If you mean PGA, he was never a mod.

I'm going to laugh, since you seem so indignant in your perpetual shit taste.

Also, you should stop using "hypocrite" to justify your existence here - there are multiple kinds of anons posting here, and it's likely that the people shitting on your for liking shit cartoons are also shitting on the others that like other shit cartoons.

"no"

Adventure Time was always really overrated and unremarkable.

The voice acting for many of the characters suffers from CN's "Pick a kid off the street and hope for the best" syndrome. The character design was overly simple, it worked for some characters but when a grotesque and overdesigned monster appeared it really just highlighted how bad the overall design was. The plots were all just cock teases that went nowhere. Let's face it, 99% of the fanbase was people who actually found those spoondoodles attractive, which is why the old Holla Forums had dedicated drawthreads for it, well that and any no-talent can draw those characters (faces and limbs that make sense are some of the biggest roadblocks to making good art).

Comparing your favorite show to the likes of Spongebob, a show with great comedic timing and iconic characters, or even Loud House, a show will an original premise and widespread cast that is utilized well and that has become a huge success, or even Star Vs the Forces of Evil which has great world designed, effects, and character building, is just complete delusion on your part. Go back to fapping to your Garabatoz Bubblegum pictures and stop pretending like its 2011 and Adventure Time is the current fad.

Does anyone have any solutions to make cartoons great again?

Blow up CalArts.

Yeah, give the great animators money for their pet projects, don't let studio execs stick their fingers up their asses, and don't force them to continue a project past its prime.

It's so simple, you'd think it'd be obvious, but execs like to think they are the creative force behind the scenes, and always, always shit everything up.

PGA is that you?

If it isn't him then we have another turbosperg on the loose.

Suddenly JJBA turned into the perfect bait for newfags and turbospergs in general on this board

Maybe you were the problem all along

Go post Jojo reaction pics on Holla Forums and see what happens.
Bonus points if you keep every single one of your posts 100% on topic.

'sup /freech/

HE'S BACK

Have you been here the last 2 years ? or the last 6 months at least ?
Fucking newfags

Speak of the devil

Now I have some to ask if a thread I was reading disappears into the catalog before I'm done reading it.

Animation is more than framerate. Too bad Americans will probably never realize this.

Or Flash.

You don't understand how anime animation works or how animation works in general. You've probably never even watched anime.

Anime is Japanese, not Chinese.

This. Chinese anime is called "animue", and Korean anime is called "animwe"

Just because you don't know about differences between different countries doesn't mean they don't exist.

When anime has smooth animation it's typically 12 FPS, which is smooth enough. Even 8 FPS is. Anime however is not based on having a consistent framerate like Disney animation.

That you think framerate dictates animation quality means you don't understand anything about animation.

yeah i think i remember seeing this thread two weeks ago

Again: framerate does not dictate animation quality. Again: you don't understand anything about animation.

Do you not realize that virtually anyone is capable of producing 24, 48 or 96 FPS animation if you just give them some time? It doesn't take any skill, and it's not going to look good just because there's lots of frames.

The moderation on this board is a joke /a/nimemers and now even comics people gang up on cartoon threads and people abandon the board yet mods do nothing, this is Holla Forums, you could have made an Anime & Comics board if you wanted you know.

So, it's about looks? Explain then why I don't like Anime aesthetics then.

Holy hell, the weeb has gone full damage control.

I wonder how many generations of inbreeding it took to make you.
You could go to one of the dozens of other non-shitpost threads right now and actually discuss things, but no, you decided to sit in here and doomsay instead.

The starting point is character design because that dictates what you're going to animate. The more complex the design, the more difficult it is to animate (and the more impressive it'll likely look).

Portraying movement such as running requires you to accurately portray the physical movements so they seems convincing and also how the movement affect the character's hair and clothing and anything else attached to him/her.

Camera work and character positioning is another factor. Shooting from the side with the character never changing their distance to the camera is easy (common cartoon technique), but camera positions and character movements that induce foreshortening or warping are much more difficult, as are moving cameras (e.g. the camera rotates around the character, swoops past them etc.).

Shading is maybe not that difficult for someone who can do the above, but it makes the animation look much better and adds more work (not just animation, but making sure continuity is maintained and the light isn't coming from the wrong direction).

Choosing the right frames and timing them right is also an issue.

Any idiot can spend time drawing sequential images, but only a very skilled animator can make something like this:
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24121/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20710/

No, smooth animation doesn't look good just because it's smooth.

I'm not a weeb and you can't demonstrate otherwise.

Of course I can, just because it's more difficult to make does not makes it likeable, you like what you like, I guess you can say I just have a very bad taste, but I never liked anine, and due to recent personal stuff I have come to hate it.

It's not just more difficult to make, it's also more advanced, varied and impressive. Which is why it's difficult to make.

Did an anime producer kidnap your family or something?

If I wanted to see anime or discuss about it i would be on /a/, /jp/, /mai/ or whatever.

If I wanted cartoons to look like anime I would watch anime.

There is certain cartoons that used to mean a lot to me, and feels like crap when people say that you CAN'T like certain characters or that certain characters CAN'T be considered Important or whatever…

And lucky (If it wasn’t for someone leaking the Random Cartoons short on Youtube, Adventure Time would’ve had the same chance of getting a series as vid related)

I don't see what that has to do with anime.

Member when everyone thought warcraft wouldn't go out of style?

SJWs are Chinese sweatshops in America. If Cartoon Network hired someone like Harry Partridge, the cost of animation for them would skyrocket, and animating each episode for a show would take much longer.

Never heard of BM until your post, after web searching it appears to have been a series of French adventure novels since 1953. There's also been graphic novels/comics and a 1998 animated series.

Chris Colorado is original animated series. not based/adapted from anything prior.

Another French series that might be worth looking into would be Night Hood, which is inspired by the Arsène Lupin novels by Maurice Leblanc. The show's intro sequence (The current video) is very nice while the show uses a much less detailed art style.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipTD5MXHrBo
youtube.com/watch?v=0-M_xtEgNAY

Jeez I hate that guy

I thought it was those liberal creators shitting up cartoons, is it the executives? Can you guys make up your mind? Is it Alex Hirsch, Rebecca Rugar, the AT staff, Butch Hartman, perhaps creators are responsible for many of the fuckups you hate, and it is easier to sympathyse with the struggling relatable artist, thus blaming some fatty rich guy is so easy. No, the problem goes beyond studio executives. AT is not like it is because of studio meddiling, they never wanted it to get like this, but the free spirit liberal team did, so now you get it. I'm just saying, this whole blaming the studio for whatever the creator thinks it's cool or funny is just not logical now.

Try flavour of the past 30 fucking years

Here's the thing, creative freedom it's NOT inherently bad, but they gave that creative freedom to the wrong people, see: Moynihan, Hirsch, Sugar, etc.

I should have come to this thread earlier

I know it's baiting, but there is a good chance jojo has been going almost twice the time you have been alive.

Doesn't almost every studio now give a little too much freedom to their creative staff? And what do they use that for? Progressive philosophical garbage. Some shit they learned in collegue or by watching some anime and interpreting in their way. In my opion, when the creator starts hassling the studio so they can include whatever degenerate garbage so that they get some cool points with their liberal friends that's when the studio should say "no, fuck no"

And the thing is, as it is today you will never see content creators wanting to use this freedom for anything good, or negotiating for a bigger budget for better animation. No, prepare for a million more Hirsches and Sugars that will just shit out their product, ask for more money while not using it to actually make the quality of the product go up, and only ever showing up to continually include some reference to some shit they like, while handling their product to their faggot friends because they are too lazy to actually do anything, thus being nothing more that an ideas man taking all the damn credit.

Sorry, I went in a rant there, but I really fucking hate people like Hirsch and Sugar. Pen Ward too, for being such a damn sellout.

I think we all do hate this trend of liberal fuck-ups having way too much power and doing fuck-all with it

I don't think budget is the primary issue.

You're a fucking idiot.

I remember the Cuckventure Time staff, see: Moynihan, Xayaphone, Wolfhard, etc. bragging about how much creative freedom they have while working on the show

American animation is limited and simple compared to anime and people only ever praise it because it's high framerate and fluid.

It doesn't do the same thing at all. Anime animation is not "full animation" like Disney, it selectively uses less frames and according to a different logic. It's a very different animation system.

And it's not "weeb animation." Anime already is Japanese. It cannot be wannabe Japanese.

Stringing together random buzzwords like this (along with accusing something Japanese of being wannabe Japanese) just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about and have low IQ.

You people always pull this greentext + reaction image shit when something is said about anime that is correct and positive. You completely flip your shit but you can't come up with any real response.

Can you really prove anything you have just said?

Is this 'Gen Z'?
I've found that the animators are all just dumbasses that are typically about 25-30 years old. As a 20-year-old, I can safely say that most people in my age group mock SJWs rather than agree with them. The majority of cancer are grown adults in the strange small period of time in the 80s, before technology hit it big. I can tell the difference in my big family; my siblings that are 25 and 28 are lazy and don't want to move out, but expect more of everyone around them.

Anyway, I don't know what the fuck that user was thinking either way. It says something when a shitty outsourced cartoon to make fun of Hannah Barbara in a small sketch from the 90s/early 2000s is better animated than anything today.

Actually short sketches tend to be much better animated than entire series. It's easier for time/budget.

Why exactly is Sugar bad?

It goes straight to my hips.

Wasn't there that one picture where she stood next to communist propaganda? Could anyone post that?

Prove what? And who are you to demand proof when your idea of an argument is quoting someone and posting a reaction image?

her artstyle's fuckin disgusting and she's part of the SJ clique

You got anything else?

I remember 5 years ago there was a reddit AMA with Francesca Marie Smith (voice of Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold!) and Craig Bartlett (creator of Hey Arnold!) when he was asked this question.

Q: ''People my age are incredibly nostalgic about nicktoons, and curse current cartoons as nonsensical, over-sensory, immature fart-joke fests.
Having worked with writers and being involved in nicktoons first-hand, do you think we are wearing nostalgia glasses, or have cartoons lost a fundamental surreal goodness?''

A: In some ways, we were in a golden age of animation, and we're in another one now, in large part facilitated by all the new technological possibilities. That said, though, there was something particularly organic, subtle, nuanced about the kinds of storytelling we were able to do…it almost felt like an indie film or a single-camera labor of love from some youngster. That sort of storytelling seems to be much less en vogue today; that's not to say that there aren't really fantastic things being done now, but the storytelling is a bit different, and at this point, we probably couldn't get away with what we were trying to do then.

She's got a point. A lot of the character writing back then felt so organic and real.

bruh
look at that fucking face

when will this meme die

Just want to specify that it was Craig replying to the question in not Francesca. (Craig was there to answer animation related questions, while she answered questions about voice acting)

feminist

Cartoon Network and Nick are sinking ships. Disney and XD are kept afloat by being grouped in with ESPN under corporate's television portfolio. They're failing to connect with audiences even with the advantage of an established brand, something they didn't have when they started out.

test

that has more to do with the internet replacing TV than the actual quality of programming

There's ignorant and then there's "I'm going to smack you upside the head" retarded.

Sure it's pushing the limits of animation… if you define pushing the limits of animation as achieving 24 frames per second animation. Which is easy and had been done to death by the time Thief and the Cobbler entered into production.

Anyone aware of that new Ducktales series? It's probably not great.

of course not, it was not made in the 80s or 90s, so it HAS to be a steaming pile of SJW shit created to corrupt our youth

CalArts is the reason cartoons used to be good to begin with
Craig Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky are both CalArts graduates
so is Brad Bird

At what point did CalArts took the heel turn and became the breeding ground for all this bullshit ?

1st. see pics related. I myself met this kind of artists.

2nd. TheGreedyJewBusinessCalArtMan: You want animating? We train you only in drawing concept art, write the storyboard and learn to outsource them to india and korea for cheap.

when people during the 2000s started complaining about the CalArts style (as in the thick outlines style)

is this related to that other cartoons going to shit thread where they showed that pic from toonzone with people bitching about cartoons in 2001?

yeah, a reference to that

Care to tell us more, user ?

Everything that is not Anime or realistic is going to be wrong with this people, this is an horrible thread for an horrible board.

nah, it is just that everything made after the 90s is worthless shitvomit any anyone who likes it is a worthless SJW tumblrina weeboo cuck

Guy hasn't listed number one reason for no realistic animations: it's slow and expensive as shit. Cartoons are so cartoony because suits realized they were quick to produce. People would still consume their potato face cartoons, so they chose to maintain the status quo to maximize profits.

Weaboos also hate 90's cartoons like Ahhh! Monsters.

cause they have shit taste in everything

not an excuse
you either make the absolute best, or nothing at all

Then, everything would be Anime and cartoons won't exist, therefore my cartoon crush woulf have never existed.

*Would

weeboo shit shouldn't even exist

There may only be one best, so we should remove everything but one of everything.

They are long stories. In short: Everybody give me the same answer, it's for them to complicated.

I'm actually curious
Could you mind to share one story please ?

I met a 3D animators who doesn't animate figure characters or complicated animation despite he is doing it commercially. He even said to me that many specialist 3d artists for plant, sky, background is needed for one professional animated scene. I said, "it's possible for a one man to create that scene with no problem. A group only descrease the time to create one." And he still refusing.

There are a lot of techniques for mitigating those issues, but it's also a matter of overall industrial development which is very low for American TV animation. The anime industry isn't putting out stuff like sakugabooru.com/post/show/26073/ because they have such high budgets.

I suspect many of those frames were actually drawn on top of a 3D model, maybe even using that same 3D model as the character's base body, minus details. Still fairly impressive. However, if I recall correctly Chuunibyou made extensive use of hand drawn animation, so I doubt they were using advanced techniques for that.

Still, why the fuck are cartoons reported to be twice as expensive to produce as anime? I heard something about blowing money in lipsynching, but I dunno. You sure they don't blow it on blackjack and hookers?

Voice actors, especially guest celebrity ones.

I don't get it. Japanese VA are pretty much celebrities in Japan, and some are even actual pop/rock stars, like Aya Hirano. Why the fuck do we have to pay non-famous voice actors so much? In fact, why do we have to hire famous voice actors? They don't boost the quality of the animation, and I personally doubt they even manage to attract a wider audience to the show.

Unions, probably. Also marketing.

According to Sakuga Blog it's based on video reference (which isn't the same thing as rotoscoping). The choreography for the skating scenes was developed by a former figure skater.

Japanese VAs are paid a flat fee per episode based on their rank, which is determined by their experience and popularity. And when they start they spend three years as juniors first.

kitakubu.co/2014/07/how-much-do-japanese-voice-actors-actress-get-paid/

I think it's rare for a voice actor to be a well-known singer or celebrity.

Why does full Holla Forums let these Tumblr/cuckchan faggots in here?

We're being raided

Bullshit. Also, at least the Japanese still cares about their fans, unlike Americans where they tell their audience they're should kill their selves for white cis het scum.

Why is it accepted to call people trolls on this board? This is probably the worst faggotry on hatechan, because I've seen this multiple times if this isn't the same butt hurt faggot in every case.

Who can fucking tell?
Sometimes I think Holla Forums doesn't have any posters of her own, just a lot of raiders from other boards who have things in common.

it is an image-board
ANYONE can come
that is the whole point!