AMD is unveiling its Zen cpu tomorrow live

AMD is unveiling its Zen cpu tomorrow live.

amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

Do we anticipate intel butthurt over pricing or will the shitskin ceo and his white genocide supporting company let us down?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-desktop-zen-cpu-xfr/
youtube.com/watch?v=G8R7frtLDBk
youtube.com/watch?v=4DEfj2MRLtA
pcworld.com/article/3149051/components/amd-offers-more-proof-that-zen-now-renamed-ryzen-is-its-best-chip-in-a-decade.html
timesofisrael.com/intels-israel-chief-announces-retirement/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_(microarchitecture)#Enhanced_security_and_virtualization_support
techreport.com/review/31093/amd-opens-up-machine-learning-with-radeon-instinct
blog.trendmicro.com/assessing-video-game-console-security-next-generation-approaches/
archive.is/Go0bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HYPE

We already know Zen is going to be competing with Haswell performance wise. I don't really see what the hype is on about, unless you're a poorfag, but even then you could probably get a Haswell chip for the price of a Zen chip in this day and age

An Ouroboros?

MOAR CORES
O
A
R

C
O
R
E
S

Already botnet.

And hopefully 490 announcement too

Oh god please let there be 490

Be edgy in your containment board faggot

I expect everyone to be butthurt or bust a nut over the cpu.

Someone inform Holla Forums

But Holla Forums isn't serious about gaming, just ecelebs and hating anything that's not valve/blizzard

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-desktop-zen-cpu-xfr/
Too bad it's botneted, because it seems pretty good. I wonder why nobody did the "auto overclocking" before; seems pretty smart.

What are the chances of 490 being announced tomorrow

I'm sick of having no dedicated gpu

do companies even hide such big announcements

​AMD Israel Advanced Micro Devices Israel Ltd.
Gibor Sport Bldg. (28th floor)
7 Menachem Begin Rd.
Ramat Gan 52681
Israel
Tel: +972 3 7235353
Fax: +972 3 5448881
R&D and Design

kys

kys

CONGRATULATIONS AMD

WE FUTURE NOW!

APU Opteron with 64 lanes of PCIe 3

I'M GOING TO SPRAY INSULATION FOAM ON MY ZEN IN CASE IT GETS TOO COLD

WOULDN'T WANT MY ZEN-FAM HAVE TO BE COLD WHILE I'M NICE AN WARM AN COMFY AN SHEEIT

I don't give a rat's ass about either Intel or AMD. So like, whatever. I don't give a shit.

Thanks for bumping

You're so cool user

Does it have a forced supervisor like IME, too?

Is it possible to see the livestream without registration?

Still rocking my FX-8350, it's going to last me some time. I'm more interested in new AMD based small laptops, not many options sadly.

We all know it's going to come down to Intel vs ARM. AMD only exists because of Intel. They have an agreement to use Intels designs after a small time period.

and what I was referring to is the cross-licensing agreement between the two. They don't actually take the designs, but they do work together.

I'm running a good old Phenom X4 955 BE so this will be interesting.

You don't go to Holla Forums much, do you?

So I'm guessing this is where we shit on Zen in 4 hours?

I want it to be good but given AMD's recent track records in both "producing live shows" and "making CPUs"... I'm cautiously optimstic. I really don't want to buy Intel, I wish AMD hadn't forced me to last time. Please, this time have something on offer so I can buy AMD without feeling like a fanboy for it.

can someone please livestream this livestream onto youtube??

That's probably because AMD hasn't made a really new CPU since a long time a go. A 8350 matched and still matches a 3770k at well threaded stuff like x264.
Now that AMD lose the "no AVX2" and shit litography inconvenient, there's no reason to not expect fire from them.

But this doesn't have 44 cores, Intel's Xir-eon does :^)

gno

but I don't want to burn an emailaddress just to watch the livestream :C

i predict 1024 core enthusiast tier zen tbh

Naples has 32C/64T, m8. And a FUCKING 512MB L3. I have a computer with less RAM than that.

...to the chambers u go!

but I tried but didn't get a response :C
I guess they filter known disposable email services

make a protonmail
takes 2 minutes

country and state are required but come up blank for me because i have noscript

install a bullet in ur face

can't, already built up immunity using smaller calibres :(

u fuckin nigger

that's called planning ahead nigger

It's amazing how far things have come. I wonder how much longer it will be before consumer processors with 64 MB of L3 cache exist so I can run Windows 95 from an L3cachedisk.

That's just the poop, baby. Let it just work its magic.

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=G8R7frtLDBk

get in here lads. we need to spread some rms memes in the chat.

ahahahahahahhha cucks who signed up early with email and don't care about their freedoms, they linked the livestream you don't need to sign up!! wait-fags win again!

Years ago someone did a demo where they ran Windows 95 on a Core 2 or something, yanked all the RAM out of the system, and it kept running for minutes afterwards like a decapitated chicken.

Basically this. But I like the open source work AMD is doing in the GPU realm. In the CPU space, Samsung and Qualcomm have too much influence and they're both evil fucking shits. But I'll prefer them anyway because RISC.

Now the destiny of AMD will be decided.

>>690696

PORCHMONKEY LET ME POST

Someone needs to make CPU manufacturing easier
Perhaps in 10 years we'll have home circut (3d) printers and open-source CPUs?

thanks man, you're the true mvp

From the link:
That doesn't sound like regular boost to me. Maybe that's why the highest end Zen processor listed in the rumored specs section only has a turbo clock of 3.5 GHz when the previous high end FX line had a 4 GHz base clock.

I'm willing to bet that's inevitable with CPUs to some degree. The dealio with 3D printers is an untouched new frontier, but seems too interesting to let up for hobbyists.

Yeah it sounds like an i7

WITH MOAR CORES!

Current boost methods will just increase the frequency in steps up to a preset amount, not "as far as cooling will allow."

/usr/src/linux/drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c

USE THIS STREAM INSTEAD:
youtube.com/watch?v=4DEfj2MRLtA

Why is the Doritos Pope hosting this?

It begins.

!IT CAN RUN DOTA 2!

YOU LOVE TO GAME

AMD has already had features comparable to Intel's Turbo Boost (though not in as fine of increments) for at least 5 years now. They're not going to just rename a feature and pitch it as something entirely new.

How about you read literally the first fucking comment in the file

How about you read how Turbo Boost fucking works.

HYPE
Y
P
E

OMINOUS DRUMS

RYZEN
Y
Z
E
N

UUUU

moar cores

muh gigawatts clockspeeds

MOAR SENSORS
MOAR MILLISECONDS
MOAR CONTROL

ruh roh

SHE SOUND LIKE JODIE FOSTER TBH

MOAR MOSSAD

Is it rendering using Cycles?

WITH RYZEN WE WILL MAKE ANIME REAL!!

Really heavy workload.

So how did AMD bias those tests? If that performance is going to be standard then imagine how much ridiculous JS sites are going to start running.

GO HOME GAMER GIRL

When Firefox Servo hits, that'll also bloat everything up.

I'm guessing Vulkan or OpenGL optimization?

We'll see. They said they will upload the exact same benchmarks they used so people can fact check them.

jej, that was fast.

Bane?

Hopefully that new method of disabling Intel's Management Engine works well. Otherwise anything without a botnet backdoor coprocesor is going to quickly become extremely dated for even web browsing.

By the way, how's the state of games optimization for lots of cores?

don't forget kids openly shilling steam

WHERE THE FUCK'S MY 490 AMD

RANDOM INTERNET 'JOURNALISTS' SAID THAT THERE WILL BE 490 TODAY

So it can give a nice gaming experience for less $ needed to be spent. All I need to know.

its coming

just one more thing comming

I HAVE SPOKEN TOO SOON

I BEG YOUR PARDON AMD

IT'S THE HALF LIFE 3 REVEAL WITH RYZEN

NIGGER!!

RYZON&VEGA

This is too epic

woooo

Why did they pick that game and that stage?

Like, which intern decided that this would be exciting?

STRONK

Time to buy a 1080

Seriously?

Intel is dead, just until they launch their 10nm chips

Gotta fill out the silence somehow.

...did they fucking really.

someone is going to lose her job.

SAMSUNG BEATING INTEL TO 10 NM TBH

Was there any mention of how much this is going to cost if it supposedly has 6900k level performance?

Strangely, it seems they did the demos with Nvidia GPUs.

>pcworld.com/article/3149051/components/amd-offers-more-proof-that-zen-now-renamed-ryzen-is-its-best-chip-in-a-decade.html

We already have 3D printers to the nano scale just look at nano 3D printers.
The problem of these printers is that nothing is free/libre on them.
I suppose that we can make an unstable 80486.

W E W

yeah figured from them not showing anything within the computers

IT'S OVER

Well at least they're honest about there being a universe outside their product line

unlike jewtel and its DX11-powered VLC Gaming Engine :^)

Intel gouges again.

Wearing my pure power, precision boost, sensemi, neural net clothing, with extended frequency range, powered by AMD

now, how cool is that?

how small is your head?

You look like a big guy

Drivers are most likely unstable. Better to use an Nvidia card instead of getting a BSOD.

Is your dick also augmented?

Fixed the text.

(((INTEL))) SHAKING IN ITS BOOTS

timesofisrael.com/intels-israel-chief-announces-retirement/

Probably not but the joke still stands

What does not exist cannot be unstable, but with nVidia drivers you'll be warm for the rest of your life.

I made a thing

My X4 B55 BE is still going strong, I loved when i won the amd lottery and my x2 555 unlocked to X4. amd was the shit back then, i hope to see zen deliver.

Let's hope they can get the commercial market, otherwise they might go away in a few years.

Not likely, maybe some rich chink will buy it.

This is the worst possible outcome.

Then they won't be able to make x86 anymore

Oh they will. "BEST x86 EVAR!!!"

*bsod errday*

i have something truly unique - a phenom ii x4 960T unlocked to x5 and oc'd to 3.9GHz that has been running for almost five years

Good work AMD

Now I go buy a 1080

Why double the number of cores when you can get a 5% increase in half the number of cores?!? Makes sense to me! Keep fighting the good fight man! Coming soon new Intel CPU, 2 cores $150, only 50mm^2 die size and cost to manufacture is only $5.

But lol at moar coars lol xD

what's so good about this new processor anyway?

my current one runs at 3.1ghz and also has 8 cores, Fx8120. im a complete retard pls explain to me

They got parity with intel at least, it's possible they have more but so far they are blueballing us with no further details. Let's wait for CES.

You don't have eight real cores; you have four modules. Zen ditches modules more traditional cores like Intel's chips.

i never really cared about the amount of cores. the computer just werks.

This tbh

I really think it's time to upgrade, but at the same time I don't want a machine with UEFI and Intel's ME or AMD's PSP.

Details are still being hashed out over what AMD has. It's either really good or really bad at this point.

8 modules get you have 8 ALUs and 4 shared FPUS. The L2 is shared too if I remember well.

I remember some rumors that AMD's botnet wouldn't be in the higher end stuff. We need to wait and see.

This is now a BE Master Race thread
X3 720 -> X4 here
it was a choice between this or coreboot

That's false. AMD's current high end processors don't have their PSP because they haven't released any high end processors based on the newer architectures that have had the PSP integrated yet. Zen will have their PSP:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_(microarchitecture)#Enhanced_security_and_virtualization_support

So when are they going to announce the Zen based FX-9590 successor? With the levels of performance that Zen is already showing, it could really go places if they raised the TDP a bit.

No shit. I don't know why you mentioned that.

Because that's where the idea of AMD not putting their PSP in their higher end processors comes from.

AMD has to exist or Intel will be immediately hit with every anti-trust suit known to man. It is overwhelmingly in Intel's interest to make sure AMD remains alive. If Intel has a monopoly on x86, a regulatory commission could force them to start licensing it to other companies.

I wonder why they didn't mention anything about their new GPU

Why are they having such a hard time

1) They had an entire event for it yesterday.
2) They did. The last ten or so minutes was dedicated to it running alongside Ryzen.

I only saw today's, and it was about two minutes of probably scripted '4k gaming' with them assuring that their mysterious new card is capable of 60+ fps on 4k

They went into rather deep detail about Vega yesterday, its hardly mysterious: techreport.com/review/31093/amd-opens-up-machine-learning-with-radeon-instinct

What event was that?

You're just pretending right?

GPUs don't have to be used for graphics, they're also good for some heavy number crunching.

So AMD hasn't been without a graphics card that can compete with NVIDIA for how many years now?

*has been without

Not only can GPUs can be used for general compute, they are also far better at it than CPUs when it comes to parallelizable code (which is 90+% of HPC)

How much better are they? well when it comes to raw number crunching a 10W Tegra GPU has more than 10x the floating point compute power of a 91W i7 6700k. Per Watt thats 100x better performance.

Most modern supercomputers are GPU based, they are single or dual CPU computers filled with GPUs and maybe a Mellanox network card. Pic related is a Deep Learning machine with 8 P100 GPUs (the mezzanine type with NVLink) and two Xeons just to coordinate, the CPUs sit mostly idle while the P100s do the crunching.

Yep, and what funny is that while supercomputers these days are GPU based there is hardly anyone who can properly program them, which is why I always tell people here and IRL to focus on CUDA or HCC rather than more common languages.

Compete in what area? AMD GPUs and Nvidia GPUs are quite different and as such are used for different types of computing.

No, it comes from a slide shown months ago where they showed no remote management options on the performance parts. Things may have changed since then, but I'll wait for the actual AMD spec sheets before passing judgement

How much better are they? well when it comes to raw number crunching a 10W Tegra GPU has more than 10x the floating point compute power of a 91W i7 6700k. Per Watt thats 100x better performance.
Most modern supercomputers are GPU based, they are single or dual CPU computers filled with GPUs and maybe a Mellanox network card. Pic related is a Deep Learning machine with 8 P100 GPUs (the mezzanine type with NVLink) and two Xeons just to coordinate, the CPUs sit mostly idle while the P100s do the crunching.
Jesus Christ man get a grip
Its about having many cores working in parallel. Thats it. GPUs aren't some magic solution to general supercomputing, They just have many weaker cores for faster parallel workloads vs the typical general-purpose CPU setup which is less but faster cores. Thats not to say CPUs suck at parallel workloads, as Intels Many Integrated Cores architecture based Xeon Phis blow GPU-based computing out of the water

so all FX-xxxx dont have it?

See the link here you stupid nigger:

AMD's PSP and Intel's ME are used for a lot more than just remote management. The other most common use is hardware level DRM enforcement.

Didn't he make that famous anime that Steven Universe ripped off? The one with the weird name.

Yes. FX8350 is one of the best de-botnetted CPUs you can get.

shame it has shit IPC
would love to have that sweet cheap ipc RYZEN will have

Well the last one was 58xx right? So seven, going eight years.

seriously?

Yeah, Microsoft isn't supporting them on older platforms because they want everyone to "upgrade". The CPUs will probably still work, just not to their full potential. They won't be able to utilize any new instruction sets and won't have any optimized drivers.

They will still get supported on Linux / BSD though.

What the fuck. So this is the last generation of Laptops if you want to run an acceptable Windows installation.

Just run W7 in KVM you cuck

Sounds like a horrible nightmare for drivers, performance and absolutely everything else.

your own fault for buying shit that doesn't work in wine

What?

More choices for the consumer is always a good thing.

lmao

mossad-x86 or mossad-x86? That's a lot of choices.

wasn't it just the new instruction set extension not being supported by older Windows versions? If so it shouldn't be a problem to still use CPU

also, who gives a fuck about Windows anymore these days?

The roughly 2 billion systems that use it?

Sadly, Windows is still where the vidya is.

Has Windows become more of an inconvenience than the current or previous generation of consoles?

sad truth

Well if Power8 or RISC-V were plentiful and cheap we wouldn't be in this situation.

what mobos? I have shit mobo but still want to upgrade this toaster but it doesnt support phenoms

I wonder if Konami will sue now that they won't be able to get money from Pachinko anymore

Your single core performance is shit compared to Intel
Zen is meant to fix that.

Can I disable Mossad Accelerator/SECURE ARM CPU?

I don't need "encrypted paging" and other bullshit good goyim "features".

I doubt that

W10 is actually much less annoying than W8 in terms of hassle, arguably superior to W7. The only real downside of W10 is of course botnet, a category in which 8th-gen consoles are VASTLY worse on to begin with.

GA-MA770-UD3
Needs BIOS update, but it's built like an IBM otherwise. Solid as fuck.

parallel computing is the present
quantum computing is the future

I haven't followed the recent generation of consoles and I'm having a hard time believing this simply because there's so much less that you do with consoles. It's just a device that you shove a game disc in and play it. What more could they possibly be collecting than Steam?

Steam can collect way more as it has access to your computer, and as you said you do more there.

Didnt they get caught spying on people's browsing habits then mumble something about 'mah vac'

I don't know, sounds likely, all anticheat is fucking spyware.

Intel detected.

Neat

It's accurate. The jews undid themselves by resting on their laurels.

It's really unprecedented, the massive leap they made. I'm buying one not just because I need it, but because the whole industry needs competition to push the computing envelope.

If all you do in Windows is install and play Holla Forumsidya inside a PCIe-passthrough KVM hypervisor, how does that expose a greater attack surface than consoles?
blog.trendmicro.com/assessing-video-game-console-security-next-generation-approaches/

And don't forget all the Jewry you're setting yourself up for with consoles: No mods, no private servers, paying for online, difficult or impossible to transfer data, no alternate marketplaces, devkit tax on games and accessories, no backward compatibility, paying for emulators and games you already own, little or no homebrew, region lock, /scurv/ restrictions, overpriced hardware, outdated hardware, no upgrades, no toaster reuse, games don't have wiggle room in settings for better/worse hardware…

I have same but -DS3
fuck
it wont be wise to hunt down old mb now when I could get new one for less with much better performance for fx6300 or such

The main problem is questionable choices made with new hardware such as the implementation of Intel's ME, AMD's PSP, and UEFI (can be just as nasty as the first two considering it can run code in SMM and ring 3 to ring -2 escalation is possible). Not needing the newest hardware to run newer games on your computer would free you from having to worry about those issues. This would work with a console or a separate dedicated gaymen rig.

what kind of super cancer can you get with when you combine those two like intem le and uefi

You know, stuff like ME/PSP/UEFI actually has legitimate uses, like memory encryption, hardware sandboxing, and remote management. Maybe these features could be used to eliminate the possibility of attacks on privacy, by ensuring that there is no point of clear access to sensitive or vulnerable parts of the OS?

Problem is any tool that can do that must be verifiable that that is what it's doing, and that it's doing it in a secure and reliable manner, ie no backdoors. Making the designs available doesn't do that because what you've got might be different to the designs they made available.

At the end of the day, it's all about how much you trust others.

I don't see what keeps AMD alive. Other than accidentally being good for a brief period around the ATI 5870 they've sucked for a decade.

The Intel/AMD competition is in a really weird place. If AMD dropped out, Intel would technically end up with a monopoly, which would fuck them over because of monopoly laws. If another company bought AMD, that company doesn't get AMD's patents because of some really convoluted deals.
They're to Intel what Apple are to Microsoft.

You wouldn't. Intel's ME and AMD's PSP run at ring -3 while SMM is at ring -2. That's like asking how much faster would you die if you poisoned yourself before sucking on a shotgun.

UEFI is just shit, simply that it exists and has the "feature" of loading code from ring 3 that can then run at ring -2 is a problem. All it really seems to do vs older BIOS is present a significantly larger attack surface, allow you to use larger hard drives, allow your computer to boot a few seconds faster, and give the user a dumbed down interface for the retards who considered BIOS hard to use (who probably shouldn't be messing with that shit in that case). Furthermore while compromising the BIOS was possible in the past, it could be prevented with the write protect jumper or by manually cutting or shorting the write pin on the chip. UEFI on the other hand also uses a flash chip for storing variables and applications which you supposedly can not write protect.

ARM's TrustZone prevents programs from accessing RAM used by secure programs and does so without a separate management processor that the user has no control over.

Is that what people are calling DRM now days to make it more palatable?

The vast majority of users don't need this. All this does is provide a larger attack surface.

Sure, some of these features could possibly be used for that, but at the same time they're harder for the user to lock down and present a larger attack surface.

so are there any measures that can be done to minimize risks?
since its not possible to have modern computer without that shit

you are fucked

UEFI's main feature for me is loading code from ring 3 that runs at ring 0. I use the "boot next entry once" feature all the time on headless boxes and I've never got the equivalent in LILO to work.

Duplicate thread archive:
archive.is/Go0bM

I was planning on getting one of these in my new rig and throwing some kind of loonix on it with the kvm passthrough to finally break free of windows.

How fucked am I?

Why would you be fucked?

See
Not really adding anything new

Except Apple is popular in the mobile space and no one cares about amd outside of Holla Forumsg/

It will still work perfectly fine on w7/8.1. As they are still both x86/64 CPU's. It just won't be able to do all the new powersaving/useless features bullshit no one uses anyway.

I really hope so will we know for sure in first weeks or how long?