Nexus 6P with CyanogenMod
RedMi Phones with CM
RedMi Phones with Android
All Androids with Android
(Power Gap)
iPhone with Jailbreak
iPhone

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/3004493/mobile-wireless/how-wireless-providers-are-quietly-cashing-in-on-your-location-data.html
adage.com/article/datadriven-marketing/24-billion-data-business-telcos-discuss/301058/
theverge.com/2013/4/9/4187654/how-carriers-sell-your-location-and-get-away-with-it
cbsnews.com/news/san-jose-will-track-cellphones-during-super-bowl-50/
airsage.com/
blog.torproject.org/blog/mission-improbable-hardening-android-security-and-privacy
dummies.com/programming/ham-radio/how-to-use-autopatch-on-your-ham-radio-repeater/
copperhead.co/android/docs/technical_overview
sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_Development
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not owning a smartphone or other kind of mobile phones
Anything else

85% of the population isn't doing anything on their that's that sensitive. And if your an undercover cop, a journalist, or maybe a drug dealer, then just pull the battery out when you not using it.

you cant pull the battery out of all modern smartphones

epin.

Simply ebin.
>>>/g/

Why haven't we seen non-botnet phones using fpga for the radio chips yet? Seems like the next logical step for the handful of open source software phones on the market.

Most of my experience with Android is it crashing. Only Android device i had that was stable was the Nexus 7 2013, everything else developed issues that eventually made it unusable. I don't know whether that's build quality or Android being a glitchy mess, but something is wrong and it smells like forced obsolescence. My friend's Galaxy S4 started randomly rebooting, and now it does it so much the phone is unusable. He's looking to buy a Galaxy S6 even though I've mentioned other companies like Oneplus and Xiaomi.
I just wish we had cool phones again. I remember having my mind blown with the Nokia N93, which twisted around to act like a camcorder. Then there was the N95, the sliding phone that slides backwards to reveal media controls. After that we had the Xperia Play, which had a game controller built in, and the Xperia X10 mini pro, which was a perfectly sized phone with a sliding keyboard. My BB Passport is a phone with a square screen and a touch-sensitive keyboard, which means you never have to rotate the screen and can use touch gestures while typing. Too bad nowadays everything is the same rectangle, with some buttons if you're lucky.

I suppose my S5 is no longer modern

networkworld.com/article/3004493/mobile-wireless/how-wireless-providers-are-quietly-cashing-in-on-your-location-data.html
adage.com/article/datadriven-marketing/24-billion-data-business-telcos-discuss/301058/
theverge.com/2013/4/9/4187654/how-carriers-sell-your-location-and-get-away-with-it

And one of the companies that buys the data:
airsage.com/

What's your excuse for carrying a cell phone?

The FCC needs to certify every implementation if I remember correctly, so it's not exactly something you could implement a FOSS version of. The Neo Freerunner does use a baseband processor that there is FOSS firmware for but it's technically illegal to use the FOSS firmware. There's also still the problem of companies selling your location data to advertisers.

Copperhead best
blog.torproject.org/blog/mission-improbable-hardening-android-security-and-privacy

That makes it more difficult, but still possible. It needs to be easily user verifiable, provably correct/non-botnet where possible, and require intrusive/bothersome methods to modify (such as dismantling the phone). None of that prevents FOSS.

Mostly that I haven't found a good pure-computer replacement yet. I'd be fine with having a landline and just taking a wifi/gps/radio/map/camera/etc device with me. There are a few times a mobile phone is genuinely useful (eg traveling) but I'm sure I could work around that.

Nexus 6P with CopperheadOS
fixed

looking to upgrade form my N4 for it

I'm interested in how they would accomplish this. Won't different compilers with different settings result in slightly different outputs so that simply hashing the firmware won't be enough? Unless you come up with a weird solution where the source isn't actually compiled and it uses an open source interpreter that somehow isn't considered part of the baseband firmware.

I don't think that part is necessary. I'm pretty sure it's just illegal for users to compile it and upload it themselves.

There's always smaller tablets, UMPCs, and older netbooks (back when they were still available with screens 9" and smaller) if you don't mind carrying a bag. If you have the money you can get a Pandora, Pyra, or possibly a GPD WIN (supposedly they can run Linux but not older versions of Windows) as I'm pretty sure they're all pocket size.

I still keep a prepaid phone around for emergencies, such as my vehicle breaking down. It has the battery disconnected whenever I'm not using it though.

sage

Moto G 2015 2GB version works fine.
I haven't rebooted mine for months now.

I miss those phones too, user. The early Nokia N-series featured a front camera for video calls in what, 2005? (although I doubt anyone used it) Even the Xperias were cool, didn't Sony discontinue them? I remember the first models being nice and even offering stuff like water resistance.

How far Holla Forums has fallen. Jesus Christ.

Shit thread

Posted from my iPhone

test

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I POST A LONG REPLY?

Best smartphone is to set up a bunch of solar powered, encrypted wireless repeaters in a cell network like the cartels. Added bonus is no per minute contracts.

I DON'T KNOW!

Nexus 5 with CM14 unofficial here. Android 7.1 is working flawlessly. It's faster than the day I bought it. Nexus 5 is a solid phone outside of the shit battery. I keep a power brick in my work bag though so it's ok.

I am going to sell my Iphone 5c and either go back to my good old Sony Ericson Xperia Mini or buy a Nexus. Though i am spooked about rooting it. What if i fug it up and void the warranty?

Is replicant any good?

???

5X > 6P because 6P has shitty flickering screen

- Scary software in modem that's impossible to replace
- no 3D graphics acceleration, 2D graphics acceleration only on some devices
- no wifi
- limited device support
It's about as good as you can reasonably expect in an area as horrible as this one.

The use case I had in mind was for times when I'm not home, possibly even in another city, and want to coordinate with someone else to meet up with them. That is quite difficult to do without a mobile phone. Combine that with all the other non-phone uses and a mobile phone offers up a lot of convenience, which is why people have them.

(1/2)

The problem of maintaining privacy with them is really two separate issues. First, there's whether or not you can trust the phone and maintain a secure communications channel. That's a technical problem, and can be solved if someone puts in the effort to make verifiably secure software/hardware.

Then there's the issue of the provider knowing your location and who you're talking to. That's a legal problem. You, as the customer, implicitly gave them that information for the sole purpose of having the phone work correctly, and it should be illegal for them to use or retain the data beyond that. Anything else is a violation of fundamental human rights. That this is not reflected in law means a lot of governments need to be subjected to a lot of torches and pitchforks.

(2/2)

Lol poorfag can't afford an iphone. You still entry level after 5 years? 😂😂😂😂

KYS

Just use Ham radio phone patch. Because probably fewer people would be listening in that way anyhow.

dummies.com/programming/ham-radio/how-to-use-autopatch-on-your-ham-radio-repeater/

No ZMAX pro?

Anything with wifi connectivity that can handle an email client can do that if you're in a place where you can get public wifi. What most people don't know is that phone companies have email SMS bridges that you can use at no additional cost vs a regular SMS message (which most plans seem to allow an unlimited amount of these days, at least in the US). There's also the possibility of using VOIP with wifi but some public wifi will limit your ability to do that so your mileage may vary.

Cyanogen mod cuts battery by up to 35%
LG G4 is the best value.

What is endless loop glitch?

Something that effected the first batch. New ones are fine but couldn't break the stigma. This results in an extremely powerful phone that is almost free.

What value of "almost free" are we talking about here?

go back to /g/ faggot nigger

Then post all your information here. God you can never escape the cucks. At least make some attempt to not be a cuck,

NSA is able to know when phones are turned off, and will pay attention if that's done in any sort of suspicious way (ie nearby other phones being turned off.)

Potentially in the market for a new android, with intent to root it, to replace this iPhone 6.

I do a lot of work (writing emails) from my phone and use it a lot for media. Would like something that has comparable camera & volume, as well as space, without the proprietary shithole that is apple.

No cellphone
Nokia 3310 or equivalent
Blackberry Priv
All your shitty touchscreens

Is that Nate Silver? Damn, he looks like shit.

Is there a phone newer then the s5 that has removable battery, SD slot, and off screen buttons? I have one with CM I haven't upgrading because there's nothing good on the market.

Is it just me, or is this shit increasing in frequency here?

Shit list

God tier:
Dragonbox Pyra in a fanny pack with a bluetooth headset

what about this 20k phone?

windows is for squares

This is worse than alienware tier shit. Im fucking triggered

wow, someone actually watched that shit lol. I have only seen the beginning, like the part about the sim card and the two front facing speakers. I assume that thing uses Android?

I watched the video and went to their site.
It's android 6.0.1, with a custom launcher and some proprietary "security" and "privacy" apps

it wouldn't surprise me if it was total shit, when I found that video there was also one in the recommended section about a guy unboxing a 7.5k computer, and one of the top comments was about it being okay to pay like hundreds more for a pre build if you have the money. A pre build like that does not cost a few hundreds more, they cost a few k more than if you had build that stuff yourself.

Youtube is full of cheap and shitty videos, and expensive stuff is not always, but sometimes total trash.

This. No one needs a cellphone, it's a collective mental retardation.

Nexus 6P is still the best if someone's wondering.

this is exactly the reason why saudi arabia is going to collapse in the next decade.

Enjoy your screen burn in

Belongs in the same trash can as iphone.

Redpill me on Copperhead OS.

Is it a honeypot?

Vertu is better tbqh

I don't think it's honeypot or botnet, but it just looks like an AOSP ROM without GAPPs. Might as well use Cyanogen, OmniROM, Paranoid Android, etc.

This. Nexus 5 was Google's last god-tier phone. Nexus 6 is acceptable. 5p & 6x are Galaxy-tier meme phones. Pixel Phones are iPhone-tier shit

anyone running Ubuntu or sailfish as a daily driver?

sailfish comfy AF.

One of you guys used those old windows mobile phones? I hate how those died, it was so much fun using them. I had two, the attached one and the htc hd2. I was using both windows mobile and android back then. Android for gaming and bragging to friends and windows for basically everything else. I loved how you could just go into your windows folder using the explorer and change things there, or how you could fuck around with a reg editor. It felt like using a normal windows computer.

It's definitely not just an AOSP ROM without GAPPS. They add significant hardening to Android.

copperhead.co/android/docs/technical_overview

You're not the only one, I too thought winmo was the shit back in the day. The moto q9 series had such nice keyboards and those handsets that had wifi were absolutely mind blowing.

Shit Tier:
Every single one

Okay I'm fucking triggered.

newest cyanogen for redmi 3?

i had it with suckdroid 6.0, but it cut battery life for 40%

t. global chinese botnet 8.2 from official web

Microsoft dick has never tasted so good.

*buildings

I just use it as dumb phone though.

Hey buddy, it's $CURRENT_YEAR. You should be writing based native Sailfish OS applications using QT.

sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_Development

I hate shopping for phones. I haven't used my upgrade in so long because the phone I bought used 3 years ago works fine and still chugs on.

And one of the companies that buys the data:
airsage.com/

What do you do to protect your privacy?

by never posting/saying/thinking/doing anything offensive, of course! The righteous have nothing to fear.

I agree with you and think this is a great post! XD

I was given a nexus 4 recently, which I was looking to upgrade to Marshmallow, but it sounds like CyanogenMod might be a wise choice. Is 14 stable enough for regular use, or should I stick to 13? Perhaps there's another os I'm not aware of to use, instead?