Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What did you eat today?

Do you need an anti-virus soft.?
Can they track me if I hack the FBI?
What flavor are u using?

I had some general tso's chicken for lunch and a wendy's baconator combo for dinner.

I've heard they're supposed to be virus free, but meh. I never used active anti-virus even on windows.

I'm sure they still can if they wanted. You can never have too much opsec.

Flavors are for mint. As for this ubuntu, I'm using the current LTS distro.

What's your favorite thing to get at McDonald's?

samefagging

I'm honestly really surprised at how much fucking faster it is. I mean, ALOT faster. This is the standard stock untweaked download running off a usb drive and there's a huge difference. No long setup or bs software downloads or installs. Took just a few secs and I was up and running. I can only imagine how great it could be with the proper tweaks and mods. No errors or crashes at all yet.

I like double cheeseburgers or standard qtr pounder w/ cheese.

Do you think bestiality is okay?

As a new Ubuntu user, how many blog posts have you written about how to accomplish overly simple tasks, like viewing disk or memory usage, in a shell while trying to sound as much like a 1337 h4x0r as possible?

Ubuntu is nice.

No.

None yet. This is my first post since running it. I'm using it in "try it" mode right now, but after a few days of this, I'm sure I'll do a proper setup. After that, I'll go to Holla Forums and pretend that I know what I'm talking about instead of being a massive faggot LARPing on Linux. :^)

Seems like it. So far, so good. Since I'm new to Linux, I had decided to go with either this or Mint. Once I know what I'm doing, maybe I'll venture into Arch.

After all the Vault7, shills, and CIAniggers, I decided I needed to get the fuck off of Windows. After seeing the Leafs get cucked with their hate speech laws, I figured I needed to get into this shit so that I don't end up getting v& someday for making kebab removal jokes. This way, I should be ready for if/when that day ever comes.

Do a for reals install. Running of a USB is slow as hell.

My thoughts on Arch are that it's unstable and not KISS as it claims to be. Years ago I used to use it as my main system for about 3 years. I installed it on my laptop about 6 months ago to see if it's improved and I've regretted it ever since. I would have installed something else by now but haven't had the time to do a proper backup.

Ubuntu is nice a noob friendly personally thought I tried the first release back when it came out and thought it was too bloated and icky as I was using Debain at the time. Installed it (Xubuntu) for my grandma and dad back at xmas though. They seem to like it. Dad tried Mint and hated it for some reason; I've never tried it.

The first thing you should use to prevent getting hate speech v& is Tor Browser. Linux is an extra.

Planning on it. Create partition and shrink win volume? Dual boot shouldn't be hard to accomplish, I hope. Use windows for normie LARPing and use Ubuntu for raids, dox, and shitposting?

I'm a Linux Pro, ask me anything.

Awesome. After I gain some xp and lvl up with Ubuntu, where should I go next?

Also, thoughts on using Tor?

here OP, you don't know me

you'll fit right in.

Ubuntu is a fine distro. It really depends what you want to do. My personal favorite is Void since it gives you power and simplicity. Gentoo is great if you want maximum control. There's also some music oriented distros and distros made to be used as arcade machines/gaming set ups like Groovy Arcade and Lakka.

Honestly there's no reason to go out of your way to use the more advanced distros unless you are curious and interested in GNU/Linux itself or want to try your hand at system administration/server operation or perhaps something that requires building systems.

Tor is great. Lots of meat onion sites you can check out. For security, it is pretty much safe against all but the most serious threats as long you keep javascript off and the slider on high. I could go in to more detail on pattern analysis threats and such but it's faster to read a guide.

tl;dr Gentoo or Void. Tor is great.

In that scenario Linux is a non-optional step #1. Step #2 is tor-browser in a Linux VM.

Should work. I personally just used dual-booting for games that I couldn't get to work on Linux. There's pretty much none I actually care about that fit that description any more so my Windows install hasn't been booted into since a few days after Fallout 4 came out. Before that was probably the month after Skyrim came out.

Experience? Profession? Age?

Are you using Xubuntu, the best flavor?
Have you messed with different Window Managers yet? (i3, awesome, etc…)
Are you hating gnome 3? (the trashiest drunk whore of all gnomes, some shitty hipster redo of what once worked and now doesn't)
You learned perl yet boi? (interesting easy scripting to do funzo things in if you really are a nerd.)
Or python3 really, anything fun and easy to make some neato shit with.
Have you realized that Gentoo, Arch, and Void are all pretty neato to mess with if you're into messing with different things?
Do you understand that slackware is great if you really like knowing what you have installed and why, and that' it's a coolio distro from the olden times with no NSA-SystemDickery to fuck your tight boi asshole?
I wish the best for you mang may your journey go far and bring you many memes and happiness.

pfffff get you some lisp

Good to see I'm not the only one who recognizes what the best Linux is. I'd still be using FreeBSD if not for Slackware's simplicity and greatness.

I'm not on your level yet, senpai. Maybe someday. Still cutting my teeth on baby's first distro.

Regarding Tor, I've used FireFox with VPN, HTTPS, ABP, NoScript, and IPFlood. Should I still go to Tor anyways or am I well enough with my Fox setup?

Did you disable the web lenses for amazon yet?

Starting to play around with everything right now. So far, so good. This is going to be a dry run for use before I do a full install.

It's easier to identify the browser of someone who uses a VPN. Plus they could call your VPN and ask for your real IP address. The strength of Tor browser is that it's a huge network where every user looks identical filled with tons of noise data and you can't actually find the real IP of a user without owning every node in the network or using an exploit. Plus Tor browser itself has tweaks to make it more secure.
You could use other networks to be even more secure, but they won't have the low latency of Tor.

I really want you to try out KDE Neon. It's Ubuntu with the latest KDE, and it seems pretty sweet.

I'll just it down.

*jot

Even if my VPN is outside of 14 eyes?
Hmmm… I'll check Tor out. The only reason I've never used Tor is because "muh deepweb haxor" shit. If I ever did get busted for sending a weaponized gif to a kike and causing a seizure, I don't want to be asked why I'm using hackers on steroids browser. It shouldn't matter though. I'd shoot my laptop with my 12gauge if I got v& anyways. not that I have anything illegal to begin with, just rare Pepe's and memes

I tried unbuntu / ubuntu studio for a bit. Somewhat learned my way around the console.

Ultimately I couldn't do the music shit that I like to do on linux, plus firewire is pretty much not supported, so I ditched it.

Firewire has been dead for a long time.

Has anyone on here tried the Zorin OS? It looks like a great alternative to windows

Is your door unlocked?

Linux is such a fucking meme

good job for not falling for the arch meme, the enlightened use no bullshit distros like ubuntu and debian

Interjection it's gnu/linux!

Well to tell you the truth about my pc and zorin. I removed win xp and did an install of zorin. Then when i went to boot it some how it made the drive i installed it on. I tried to unplug the drive and plug it back in and boot like 6 times, the same thing happend. 2 years later using mint i thought of that hard drive that zorin fucked up(i have like 6 hard drives) i plugged it in and booted mint. Launched gparted took a bit to open but when it did it said it found an error on so and so drive. Found the drive fucked up by zorin formated it with no error out put and now i store my music on it.
Zorin sucks

Sorry for got *vanish.
It made my hard drive vanish

I dont wanna fix all my typos

Canonical is botnet m80. Not as bad as winblows but don't imagine you're safe (they had Amazon spyware/adware baked in for a while. They removed it for now, but the company is clearly willing to sacrifice your privacy for shekels, so who knows what evils lurks in their OS.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet

Friendly reminder that no matter how good your OPSEC you can still get fucked

BTW, if you newfags really want to make the most out of linux, learn2command line.

this isnt 2009. stop using shitty ubuntu.

Does it run on a SATA SSD disk or there are no drivers for tehm?