ATHEISTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Scientists have claimed that death may not be as final as we once feared – and that humans have souls that can leave the body after their hosts kick the bucket.

It may sound like a supernatural myth, but the idea that human consciousness lives on after death has been put forward by a number of well-respected scientists. And the British scientist at the forefront of the eerie theory claims that humans have souls which don't die along with the body.

We many not know exactly what consciousness is, but physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it's just a packet of information stored at a quantum - or sub-atomic - level. Sensationally, he claims to have found evidence that this information, which is stored in microtubules within human cells, leaves the body after a person dies.
Sir Roger has argued that when a person dies temporarily, this quantum information is released into the universe, only to return to the body's cells if the host is brought back to life.

He argues that this explains why people can have near-death experiences, and believes that this quantum information amounts to a soul leaving the body. The physics expert said: "If the patient dies, it's possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."

And Sir Roger is not alone in believing this, since his theory is backed by researchers at the renowned Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich. Experts there argue that our physical universe is just a perception, and that once our bodies die there is an infinite life beyond.

https:// www.thesun.co.uk/living/2123380/researchers-claim-that-humans-have-souls-which-can-live-on-after-death/
web.archive.org/web/20161106135122/https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2123380/researchers-claim-that-humans-have-souls-which-can-live-on-after-death/

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Observational_evidence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TL;DR

Why does he keep putting these images out on the internet? Where do you guys even find them? My fucking eyes, bruv.

t';dr: God is real and you need to get your shit together.

HAAH WAAW

What about redheads, they have no souls

I said God, not Christianity. Filthy kafir, I will rape you to death.

Get ready for the race war, pigfucker.

For a moment I thought theamazingathiest came out has trans.

You're an idiot.

SEIG HEIL. DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH!!

you = the semite

Stop using "trans" it just gives them validation, call them what they are: insane degenerates

Why not Zeus or Thor?

If anything, this gives credence to the Buddhists/Easterners and reincarnation.

But near-death experience are not moments of death but moments that the brain lacks oxygen and start to create it's own fantasy world until the brain no longer function then the person is dead.
I call bullshit.

how will I ever tip my fedora again?

Anti-Christians always voice their blind/deaf hatred. When did OP say anything about Christianity in his post? That is why I believe in the Christian version of God 'cause I have only seen bloody idiots on the atheist side. You ever seen an idiot act smug? It's quite a spectacle. How is Big Baloney Bang any less irrational than the idea of an supreme being?

not sure if serious or b8.

10/10 got me confused

Not sure if stupid or joking
10/10 says you couldn't respond with an intelligent reply

In big bold red letters.
At the bottom.

OP, You christ peddling idiot! Sigh!

ok pal

trans is easier to type and is more catchy

Well they say the body loses weight when the body dies on a scale
No cause that shit is still on the scale.

not if the body is lying on its side and the shit flies off

dubs confirm

He should present it then
Consciousness existing in some format post-mortem is =! direct evidence of God. Afterlife or reincarnation, maybe. Honestly sounded more like Dr. Frankenstein than anything Jesus-y.

They found evidence of the Big Bang tho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Observational_evidence

Why would I give my life to a person when I could give it to God?

Nigger are you retarded?

I should really hope that's not the case. The thought of an omnipresent big brother constantly monitoring everything, looking for an opportunity to send you to hell is just too distressing to entertain. Sure, his followers and his reading materials say he's benevolent but so does the Kim Dynasty's.

We don't have souls, we are souls. Bodies aren't the host, it's the temple.

are you? christianity isn't the only religion that worships Jesus

i actively spurn joosus crust, and eagerly await my time in hell with all my other faggot friends where we'll spend the rest of eternity fucking each others assholes into oblivion (wait, we'll already be there!)

Science/Religion/Esoteric expert here. AMA on this topic and I will answer all questions accurately.

why should i give two fucks about post-death bullshittery

Please refrain from asking opinionated questions. You have to find your own answer for that.

Do people necessarily reincarnate as other people? Or can they reincarnate as plants, animals, and microscopic organisms as well?

"You" are the soul. Your body (the you you understand) can reincarnate into multiple things. The energy you leave behind is recycled.

wah

ok uh,

what BAD(opinionated?) things happen post-death if i were to not do the christian thingy.

Depends. Perhaps a being that has been recycled more than you has tricked you into becoming something you didn't want to.

Can I choose who I reincarnate as?

God can go fuck himself with a fucking crowbar.

not sure i understand?

You can even choose not to reincarnate at all.

Self hate. I like it.

I was sure you wouldn't either. That's why you're still down here.

I don't want to 'live' after death
consciousness as humans have it can't last forever without it becoming hell

S i r R o g e r P e n r o s e

Humans don't have consciousness. Consciousness limits itself by temporarily being human.

I think your webm might be corrupted

choose not to reincarnate at all? Who'd want to do that?

w-what

still don't want to live after death
stop trying to take away my sweet nothing

Everything.

that has to be the most shit way of doing it

Oh, I see. You're a cult leader. How much money do you want me to fork over?

CREATIONISTS BTFO

then it should be possible to retrieve information from afterlife via quantum entanglement?

holy fucking shit. is that a dick or a deformed clitoris? lmfao it's so smaw

Well it's nice to think about but the article you linked is on par with Buzzfeed.

At this point, your consciousness has probably existed for a few million years, but you don't seem to be in such a hell.

oi ya fockn cunt why dont ya fuck right off

anything less than "literally everything" is not worth being called the "God", because anything less is not omnipresent

the article is garbage btw. "quantum information" is just information. Penrose is a smart man but he's a quack when it comes to consciousness. he believes strongly that consciousness can't be made with machines and latches on to anything that could possibly support his theories. It's true that subatomic particles in the body change state when you die, but it's also true that subatomic particles change state every moment of your life

I want to go to Silent Hill, god damn it

This literally changes nothing for me.

t. atheist who has seen some paranormal shit

How can spin states be stabilized without resorting to extreme cold?

Yeah, nah, u r a cunt

All claims, absolutely no evidence. What a fake news story.

also

If you dont mind me asking, what are your qualifications?

r u sayin u have degrees in science and bullshit? R u schitzophrenic?

Fucking hell that pic!!!

Supreme kek, what a stretch of the word observational or maybe it has different meaning in the scientific community.

electromagnetism.

nice b8

it's yes and no at the same time
very convenient

Bump for JEEZUS

CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH

Atheist here.
I am almost certain that death doesn't result in the cessation of subjective experience.

That said, Roger Penrose doesn't present a convincing hypothesis. It's obvious that he's a physicist and not a philosopher. Of course the quantum information doesn't get destroyed, but that doesn't mean much. He needs to really be asking deeper questions about what defines existence and continuity of experience. If he wants to bring quantum physics into it, the many worlds interpretation is far more interesting.

No, actually it's the probability of the answer being YES rather than NO, plus some phase information. If you have a wavefunction:
psi = x + y
the quantum information is x and y.

It's like blacks take their inherrant pimping powers and harness that shit with a holy book.

lawdy lawdy we hazin choich up itt!!!

Sorry OP, thread is now black church gifs.

neck yourself

Christ talked about body, soul and spirit, you can do the math and thats explain why Jesus Christ is God.

Antichristian shill detected, buddhism is the search for answers, not an answer.

Its science, are you high on vaccines?

This.

Nope, control your butthurt please.

Its exactly the opposite, you just repent and all your waifus will be expecting you with little wings in their backs.

Hypnosis always talk about people.

Transexuality is mental problem.

Exactly, Christ can put you out of this wheel of misery and pain.

Your post is garbage because you think that consciousness can be made with machines.

Pyramid head please.

34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’?

Again, perception, any autistic opinion about this topic is like asking a blind guy to read something.

Thats the point, most fedoras are autistic tards.

No cause i said that shit is on the scale. If i say its there then its fucking there. Try a smarter remark next time

Can we be sure that the quantum information is truly leaving the body, and not just simply getting shut down along with the rest of your body when you die, as it can't exist on its own?

If this so called quantum information is able to see, hear, think and do anything a human can do outside of the human body, then what's the purpose of our human body parts?

shhh… secret

Quantum information is cannot be created or destroyed.

That said, there's no reason to believe that the information itself is your consciousness, and even if it is it's not clear why you would expect to still be experiencing anything. It's completely unknown whether consciousness even relies on the existence of a physical universe or, for that matter, if the universe even exists.

Maybe you are experiencing the universe.