Watched extended versions all my life

Holy shit is that abridged. I'm almost shocked it got as popular as it did in that form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's extended versions?

jesus. even the normal ones almost bored me to death.

Ikrite? Thank goodness Power Rangers come out this week! Hey, come to our subreddit to talk about it XDD

I want all plebs to leave.

The only bad part about the extended versions is the ending to The Two Towers. The theatrical cut is superior. Also, The Two Towers drops the ball and introduces Denethor instead of his introduction in The Return of King. However, that scene also gives a Faramir a slightly better motivation for "I'm going to give the ring to my father for good boy points" than the theatrical cut.

The theatrical cuts were superior save the Fellowship, in which the extra characterization benefits the overall plot. In fact I think Sean Bean Boromir is really great, and perhaps even better than in the book.

It's clear most of the scenes originally cut in Two Black Dicks and Return of the Kang were cut for a reason (mostly poor quality plot irrelevant CGI).

defensive much?

You mean the extended ending that has pippin and merry eating while toking?

Yeah. Also the not Ent trees from Fangorn, I forgot their names, killing the fleeing Orcs. It just drags the ending the out. It's nice fan service but that is about it.

The pacing in the theatrical cut is so fast, it's almost comedic. Especially in the Fellowship.
No. There are few moments that should be trimmed from the extended versions, but not reverting to the theatrical cut as a whole.

The extended cut to Fellowship is superior and RoTK too. But it's terrible in Two Towers. It ruins the ending and the introduction to Denethor.

If I wanted slow pace, I'd read the book. Though, I'd propably read the book anyway over watching the movies again even though they are fine.

The most reddit excuse ever. It's an adaptation of the book. Either do it right or fuck off.

They did it right. The movies were extremely succesful despite doubts and critically well received.

Overall it's superior too, just needs trimming same as others.

One moment I hate the most is when Elrond brings Anduril to Aragorn and tells him to go find the cursed army, they had this fucking cut away to the king of the dead. Why, we'll see that scene later in the same movie.

Theatrical cut of Return of the King is better than the Extended cut.

noep

SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUT OF HERE

Why? Don't you like to see a group of non-homosexual men walking for 3 hours on grassy plains? Then talking for 20 minutes, then fighting for 2 minutes?

DUDE LMAO XDDDD

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You aren't as cool as my mom is, she read them when they first came out.

The theatricals are badly paced besides fellowship in fact they arent that good. but the extendeds are good sure

My grandfather laughed at Tolkien's shitty fairy stories at the writing club before they were officially released.

Tolkien is my grandpa, he told them to me before they were written

go away, Chris

no, I'm also a writer

Half the extended stuff was good and should have stayed in. The other half (ent shit mainly) was pretty rightly cut.

Hahaha no. Theatrical misses out on some great scenes, like Saruman's death, Daisy Ridley's first public appearance, and the Witch Kang fighting Gandalf.

My grandfather laughed at James Joyce's whiny potato stories before they became popular.

you mean the mouth?

Yeh, i made that pic.

I want plebbitors to leave

DUDE LMAO XD

The Hobbit trilogy is kino.

Are you only capable of imitation?

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

ftfy

Try reading the books, you'll start wondering if motion pictures is a format only plebs can enjoy.

You became a tranny?

Stop throwing around the term autism as lightly as you do. It trivializes those with real autism.

There won't be those with real autism soon.

I read the book before they got popular. I'm that cool.

Why is that?

hwat

I banged your mom before she got "popular".

That guy really self inserted as Kelly C hard.

Thanks dad

I think that was yours

illuminati confirmed

Imitation is the Hebrew word for "unoriginal, not creative".

*X-Files themesong playing*

Fuck off yid.

Haven't seen this in years, thanks user.

he's a big guy

Fellowship was the only good one.

The rest were just deus ex machina trash.

My Grandfather fucked GRR Martin's ass before he became popular. Just ironically tho

>Gandalf is having a showdown with the witch king (It's this scene I think: youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0)

I'm 90% certain this happened. I'm not going to watch the theatrical cut to make sure.

did you learn your lesson?