Venture Bros. Thread

Just a Venture Bros.thread

Finished watching Season 6 a few days ago and I enjoyed it very much. Clearly a 'transition' season, I.E. a lot of new character introductions and barely a peep from some older characters.

Always impressed at how Doc and Jackson make me like Hank. He's the best character in regards to where he started to where he's ended up. That said, I think Dean is still underused and a little lame, but I think they're gonna bring Triana back next season, so there's gonna be some drama in that aspect for him.

I did think there'd be more build-up to Monarch's dad's past, but the Blue Morpho stuff was still pretty funny. It helped renew my interest in Monarch and Gary as characters. In general, I liked the new characters who are gonna stick around, but mostly Red Death.

He's just so damn precious

Other urls found in this thread:

datesrelease.com/cartoon/the-venture-bros-season-7-release-date-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like how Red Death is basically one of the only characters in Ventureverse who is powerful, competent and sane, and is fucking terrifying to everyone else because of it.

The season definitely feels unfinished, though it was nice to see it end with Doc actually enjoying himself, hosting an accidental party with the heroes and villains who are basically his people.

I won't lie, Season 5 and 6 have had really awkward endings, but I think it was worse in 5 because it came after the longest season in the series.

I am glad their following through on what they said they were going to do, being having the Ventures start having some success. I can really appreciate how they bounced back that whole 'failure' theme everyone was attaching to the show

I think that was overstated. A lot of the show seems to be about DEALING WITH failure; that all the characters' dreams didn't work out like they were supposed to.

Funny that Jonas Jr basically was a superior successor to Jonas; he actually took care of his family, cleaned up after his own mess and took responsibility for his creations, didn't play the stupid supervillain games any more than he had to, and made sure that things would be taken care of after he died.

iirc they turned that on its head in Season 3 and 4, when the cracks in his life were starting to show. He tried being a protagonist against the Monarch for a whole episode. We also saw when he was hosting the Jonas Venture exhibit that he essentially drove Pirate Captain to drug use and pushed Sally away to focus on his legacy, and later to build Gargantua 2

Well, that was more the Monarch antagonising him and him being forced to play along. (And that was justasplanned for the Monarch. He doesn't get enough credit)

He did let Pirate Captain smoke all the weed and marry whoever he wanted, at least.

Regardless, they made an effort to show that JVJ was as flawed as anyone else, which is what I like about the show. It takes characters they build up, only to break them down. Rusty was the character where we didn't see his 'up's' (if he ever had any), so we've really just been watching him claw and scrape his way back to a livable position. I think Jackson even said, in reference to that 'failure' quote, that the show was about 'life' and 'success' moreso than the former.

Anyway, I'm seriously hoping Dean gets more to do next season. He's at college and he's been coasting by as a character. There's a lot of ripe drama for him to have.

What I want to know if the monarch is Rusty venture's half brother. That swinger or fourway implication has me wondering.

It's possible. It's possible Jonas stuck his finger in a lot of pies that screw Rusty big time

reminder that it is presently not canceled and not renewed

Aug 19, 2016
datesrelease.com/cartoon/the-venture-bros-season-7-release-date-2.html

Hammer and Publick said that there will be a movie to conclude season 6. If I remember correctly, series was in a limbo between season 4 and 5, and 5 and 6 too.

The story from Doc and Jackson is that they take so long for quality reasons, but I doubt the show will be canceled anytime soon. It is, as far as a I know, still a big draw for Adult Swim. It's just the long stretches of no new info that hurt it, I think. They've also been doing the season->special thing since the end of Season 4, so it's not unprecedented.

As an aside, those two are hilarious on commentary.

Last I checked Dean was unknowing cheating with nanomachines on college coursework. That's almost certainly going to come back to bite him.

Did Jonas ever do anything else?

They really blew it with the huge gaps between seasons. I've forgotten almost everything that was going on, plotwise, and they've made it so convoluted that I'm not really interested in revisiting it.

this.
too many crosses, double crosses, they've switched sides so much that OSI and The Guild are just labels now.
Not to mention all the retconing. So much shit has flipped over the years it doesn't even matter anymore. They should just kill the show, it's become a monstrosity

It's not that convoluted, in fact All This and Gargantua 2 seemed to be them hitting reset on a few things

There's a new Council of 13 with five (or six?) members, there's no acting Sovereign, they were weakened by the villain culling in ATAG2 and need to touch base with the New York region of The Guild (Which is the one part I had a hard time buying. Why were there subsections of The Guild that didn't bend to Sovereign's rule when everyone else did?) to rebuild their numbers.

Meanwhile, Monarch, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and 21 are still slumming it in Monarch's childhood home, but now Mrs. The Monarch is a top ranking Guild operative, compared to Monarch, so she has much more pull and he's essentially been put out of work without a base and henchmen.

The Ventures meanwhile got their New York base now and they live there, with Rusty actually attempting to make a go at being an actual super scientist (results yet to be seen). Dean's going to college and is trying to make a go at a legitimate career, and Hank is still being Hank, but now he's starting to put some things Brock taught him to use, and in general is being a contributing member to society.

As for the OSI, it's consistently been run by Hunter since Season 4 during Operation P.R.O.M.. Brock has been reassigned to the Ventures since Rusty is now a top level protagonist again, and Hatred has been bumped down to a security guard position (at least, I think the OSI stationed him there. I'm pretty sure, it was just a tad unclear to me). There's not much confusing about it, and no one's been switching sides at all. Last one who did it was Hatred, and that was three seasons ago.

Considering how much was changed and packed into ATAG2, they've actually scaled back a lot of the scope of the show, as Season 6 basically takes place in the roundabout occupied by The Ventures and Wide Wale.

TL;DR Watch the show and get caught up, it's only your fault if you can't follow the story or the characters

Posting the DragonCon 2016 panel

Doc confirms there will be a Season 7

If it's any consolation, Jackson promised at DragonCon 2015 that he wanted to start speeding up production for Season 7 so the wait wouldn't be as long. They were writing new episodes for it at that time, so there's a good chance we'll be hearing more about the Venture Bros by mid-to-late 2017

I figure it was a meta joke given in superhero comics half of everything happens in New York or New York equivalents.

Hatred ended up replaced by Brock and homeless for a while, Doc later hired him back as security chief, as it turns out Hatred and Brock work together surprisingly well. (mostly Brock's good at killing people, Hatred is actually good at organising shit)

Whenever Brock is paired with anyone, he seems to do well

Except this guy

NEVER AGAIN

But we had to wait a long time for svtfoe season 2 and it's really great so far. I think venture bros. is worth the wait.