BMW remotely locks suspect in car at police request

Bought a keyless car? Welcome to the botnet.

archive.fo/fVCwm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7U4ZYOBzEEs
youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok
youtube.com/watch?v=MK0SrxBC1xs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally nothing wrong with this.

why not a back door to almost any piece of electronic in existence, so that it can be shut down just in case of.

I bet you kiss girls, faggot.

if you weren't a complete poorfag you'd know that bmw makes it clear that they can shut down the vehicle remotely when it gets stolen when they sell the car

youtube.com/watch?v=7U4ZYOBzEEs

What's the point of buying anything anymore? I might as well start looking for a cave to crawl into, in a few years you won't be able to buy a bicycle that isn't botnetted.

Shutting down the car when it gets stolen sounds really nice, but it opens up an important question: what else can BMW do with it? How much are they monitoring the car? I highly doubt that there is a sealed killswitch that will only get unsealed when the owner requests it.

Except they don't. They only have the control that a paying customer gives them.

If it's proven that anything else happens, then there will be future lawsuits to ensure that only this happens.

They can already do this. Try this:

Could someone please enlighten me as to why being able to get remotely locked inside your car and not being able to manually unlock the doors is now considered a feature? I understand people want power locks, but who the fuck had the bright idea to remove the levers to unlock the car manually?

That's the part that scares me the most. They turned it into a prison. (Yeah you could break a window but that's not the point.)

maybe we should put out some sort of bounty for dmc-29.

Thank you user much appreciated

Because it makes catching the nigger who stole your car easier? What is so hard to get about this? BMW won't lock you in the car, they would enjoy a many million dollar lawsuit if they did.

Ok, then recommend me the western mags that influenced them so I dont have to go through the trouble of learning another language

I was creeped out back in the dex leak, but after using it, I think it's wacky and adorable

WDFDELDETDESEMEDEDLY

This happens all the time bro, just try to go 24 hours without jacking it to your waifu.

How can you tell my posture? This is just a photoshopped image of me

sauce pls

k. Sounds like a jew was trying to get a newer model bmw with insurance money. Now they have a model with nigger b.o. in it. Haha.

Anybody remember this?

was he bleck?

But the event talked about in this article is literally one of the few good examples of botnet. The guy who got locked inside the car was a thief and a drug user, not the owner of the car itself.

shieeeet

I already came to the conclusion some time ago that there's no interesting computer hardware (I think the realization started sinking in when they got rid of 4:3 displays). My next machine will be an ARM SBC, whichever cheapest one can run OpenBSD. I don't even want/care about GPU or wireless, so no blobs needed.
As for random gadgets, game console, TV, etc. I don't want or need them.

BMW also has a policy to refuse service to any car that was serviced at a independent workshop previously. Fuck them.

Car thieves are already professionals using shit like jammers and remote key spoofing.

this.

its pretty retarded to think that car thieves won't come up with a hacking solution that is easily portable in a USB stick. every piece of technology ever has been, or will be, hacked at some point. and then thieves, well, smart ones, will keep stealing cars.

end point is, if hackers can jailbreak consoles and hack operative systems, they will most likely hack cars too.

KEKKEKKEKEKKEKEKKEKEKKKKEKEKEEEEKK

'merrica, land of the free

Undoubtedly, but limiting the number of people who can steal cars is very important, since it is mostly dumb subhumans with high time preference who steal things.

yes. that's the other aspect. it's not just thieves to consider. police contact bmw corporate and i bet bmw was all too happy to help. it's a feature after all!

you can bet cia niggers can do the same, either by their own methods or by going through bmw with a national security letter and serving gag orders to anyone relevant.

rest didn't copy paste

You might want to consider something else as I think the most powerful SBCs you can get that don't require blobs to even boot are based around the Allwinner A20 which is a dual core ARM A7 clocked at 1 GHz. Unless you want to go all out with a ridiculous machine and build a cluster where a master SBC delegates different software to each slave SBC (basically something like Qubes except with different SBCs instead of VMs).

I like the cut of your jib, my good chappie [eat that, linguistic analysis]. Have a bunch of stateless, blobless blocks of hardware out there. Qubes management stack can provision VMs on the fly, think it has Salt integrated now too. It uses shared memory instead of network in a lot of places for security. Maybe replace with a physically isolated network just for the blocks and use SDN'd VLANs on a white-box switch to provide a level of separation.

Try this:

You realize that the people who run car thieving operations already provide easy to use equipment for their contractors, yes? Shitavious Jackson who wants to jack your ride because he needs three´fiddy isn't your worry, especially if you drive a current year BMW.

this is some real Holla Forums tier conspiracy in here. its a fucking car company, not fucking google.

big whoop they can see how many miles i have or see if i need a new steering rack installed.

this is some real old shit and everyone knows if your car has onstar in it, they can do the exact same thing too.

Absolutely Disgusting

except that if you're deemed "dangerous" for The System(TM), or when the techno-dystopia catalyzes, you will have essentially no control over any sort of technology because all of it will be backdoored for the powers that be to dispose of you however they see fit

People have known that OnStar can shut down your car. Being able to remotely lock people in their car is a whole different level.

yes everything that implies malice/incompetence on part of non-civilians is a Conspiracy Theory and automatically false. fuck off retarded nigger. i ride a bike. if I had a car, I'd expect the same privacy and control as a bike. there's absolutely no reason for it to be otherwise. onstar was also a mistake

yes good goyim, it's for your security. yes, no company would ever do malice because the law ensures otherwise!

what are you talking about goy? this is state of the art secure 1024-bit encryption. no laygoy can even dream about cracking this kind of stuff

Just buy one of those USB killers and keep it in the car. If the car starts acting weird just shove the killstick into the USB slot that literally all the cars have now, and enjoy the onboard computer being fried, killing the engine and unlocking the doors.

KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE
KILL THE NIGGER ON SITE

Wouldn't the engine blow up?

kys

I think you fucked up the structure of your argument

When BMW actually kills someone by locking them in their car, you would have a point.

That car company also makes Google or Apple tier decisions, like eliminating the oil dipstick and relying on sensors instead, requiring a dealer scantool to register new batteries, and making the hood of the i8 require 2 people to lift and screwdrivers to prop it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok

Or better, get an older car. Preferably a computerless or OBD1 car, maybe an earlier OBD2 car back when all the engine computer did was manage the engine.

Modern cars are literally wired into the internet, with all the systems in the car being on a computer controlled bus. If you think having your car disabled at the push of a button by a request from law enforcement is bad, you also now have blackhats to worry about who can do far worse shit to your car than just lock the doors or slow the car down. Just look at the infamous Jeep hack that's straight out of some Hollywood film.

youtube.com/watch?v=MK0SrxBC1xs

The fact the backdoor exists is scary enough. Imagine some hacker doing it to you out of the blue and disabling systems in your car so you're stuck in it, or better, doing something like disabling your power steering and brakes while on a freeway.

The possibility of that happening is no longer in the realm of conspiracy theories and action movies anymore. It's a real threat.

The only winning move is to not play.

I can't stop laughing at the idea of having pic related but in USB form.

Or, you know, die when your electric steering and electric brakes no longer work

This.
We should all wear explosive collars too so no one does anything bad anymore.

I love how this thread makes it painfully obvious how Holla Forums is filled with both underage and poorfags who never owned a proper car

What a great argument OP.

kill yourself
2/10 for making me reply

My half-Kike ass is going to call you a nigger, Schlomo.

Whoa holy shit