PC help

I need to budget this build to at least $1,200.
I'm $284.84 over budget.
I'm a greedy fuck for getting the gtx 1080, but I impulse bought since it was brand new and the price seemed good.

Now I'm stuck.

I want the i7 7700k since the 4 core 8 threads won't be outdated by the time Ryzen i5 comes out. From the price point I'm hearing it'll be $150-250 with out of the box overclocking and more cores and threads than the i5 7600k. If I spend $240 now for it I'd be fucking stupid since the Ryzen's +6 core cpu will outclass me. I also don't want to wait 3 weeks to get my shit.

Gayming and other software programs (video editing and audio software).
The Motherboard I think I can cut $70 dollars and go with a cheaper option. I am only trusting Asus and Gigabyte.
I need serious help here. My local PC stores only have these gay ass full towers, and I want an mid tower. I would like a 5.25 bay to attach an optical drive.
I need to get a better one. I don't trust AIO and would put me over budget. The one I have (c7) seems just ALRIGHT. No extreme overclocking.
I think I can save $20-30 here. Get a 550 PSU, but would I still be able to overclock well?
16gbs no less. Are these sticks quality though?
I will be buying it retail. Windows 10 since fucking kaby lake and ryzen will only support it those jew fucks.
I want to load fast. I really don't want to deal with HDD anymore, but if the cost savings is good maybe I will.

Here is the link : pcpartpicker.com/list/gxwGNN

Other urls found in this thread:

outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/3647vs2384
amazon.com/dp/B012IBPJ6I/?tag=xovdealcalc-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/rsDrnn
pcpartpicker.com/list/q2XXWX
pcpartpicker.com/list/cMnsxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/dhymJV
pcpartpicker.com/list/JcTbxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZvPy3F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask Holla Forums or Holla Forums

I did. But I know it's gonna take days to get proper responses.
lel it's just gonna get bump locked by the faggot mods telling me to go to Holla Forums

Who cares if Ryzen "outclasses" you? you will never notice the difference in these CPUs outside of benchmarks.
Hyper212 is a cheaper cooler
You should be able to find a 650watt psu for cheaper than that. Just buy from a well known brand theyre all made in the same exact chink factory anyways
that would save you a couple bucks but if youre looking to shave off money youre gunna need to forgo the SSD holy shit thats how much my 240gb ssd cost 2 years ago or downgrade mobo and use ddr3 tbh famalam

As well I don't know how well an i5 7600k + gtx 1080 would work.
k
I'm not a dumb goy who buys +80 gold PSUs. I will look further.
I would save just $80 dollars. Also cutting my MOBO quality that much seems super drastic.

It would work more than fine for any game youd play. Most any game wont be limited by your cpu. You could realistically play many modern games on a core 2 quad tbh.
Even the cheapest motherboards are of decent quality. Anything that is of a "gaming" series will be more than adequate. Don't limit yourself to only a couple brands. MSI, ASUS, assrock and goygabyte are all good.
You want your computer now and you're gunna pay for it. If you wanna save money you gotta wait and buy one part at a time as they go on sale on sites like newegg tbh

thats pretty overkill even for gaming - the mobo is way too much. you do know on top of paying for the SLI in that motherboard you're also paying for 64gb RAM support and 4000mhz?

Also CPUs really don't matter that much for gaming. I had to downgrade to a shitty amd athlon 840 from an amd bulldozer and noticed absolutely no difference. I'm not saying you should stoop that low but good god man

For hard drives, I run a WD Black for my system drive, and a second one for the games to lower the HDD access conflict between them.
I personally like Thermaltake and Cooler Master cases, but the important thing is to get one that's top vented, with a bottom mount PSU. Don't be afraid of used hardware, either - some of my best builds for the money have cases, ram, PSUs, etc. that I got on eBay.

Also, you don't need the latest graphics card to get good performance: I'm running a Radeon HD 6970, and it eats about anything I throw at it. (won it for $160 on eBay 3 years ago)

Agreed. It took me just over a year of a part here, another there to built my current rig, but I ended up with a beast for about $800

Mobo get a z170 board for 100$ cheaper.
Get a fucking 20$-30$ case you fucking idiot that's the first thing you should cut if you want a cheaper build
Get a 50$ 120gb ssd and a 50$ 1tb hdd that's 35$ right there.
you can find a good psu for 40$

that should trim enough fat to scrape you by.

Also

Get your PSU last, and use this tool to figure out exactly what wattage you need, and how close you're cutting it.
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

You can get legit COA stickers for 7 pro for around $20, a little more for 8/8.1
(eBay again)

$1200 won't buy you all that and 650W is not going to power it
go cheaper on GPU, MOBO, and CPU.
Get a non-shitty CPU cooler and PSU while you're at it. Ram too, and your SSD is shit. Your motherboard is ricer trash.
Enjoy FERMI2.0

you know what this entire build is fucking shit.. uninstall your IRL OS chip.

A few 10 Pro COAs running $9 + free shipping on junkBay right now…

Cooler Master or Thermaltake for me - 120mm fan minimum if you don't want it to sound like a banshee

Agreed. Get a WD black drive or similar. Unless you have quick boot turned off, it'll boot pretty fast on Windows 10 - a few seconds really doesn't matter.

Gigabyte makes good mid-high end boards, and the wide range of BIOS options is very nice (even if the instructions are weirdly translated sometimes)
The dual BIOS chips are also a real lifesaver if you bluescreen or lose power in the middle of flashing it.
(I realize Asus and virtually any good gaming motherboard may also have these features - I'm just speaking from personal experience)

Swap out i7-7700k with a i7-4790k, then you can also get a cheaper mobo and cheaper ddr3 ram. May be a little older, but its still plenty good for gaming, and still will be for the years to come. It'll be almost as fast, but will have a significant drop in price. I'd suggest an EVGA z97 Classified mobo and corsair vengeance pro series ram

also, if you're going to get an ssd, go samsung or just don't bother with one

Do you have any evidence to prove this?
im laughing at you. /leftycuck/ garbage.

go spam your jew rat ear spook somewhere else.

you are the worst pc users. by your jew logic i should buy a referb optiplex and add a 20 dollar gpu to it.

650w is plenty you brainwashed jew.

if you're on a budget, GET A FUCKING CHEAPER CASE YOU LARGE FAGGOT

Just get a Mac

Get the 6700k or 4790k, the 7700k isn't worth the extra markup, almost the exact same performance

Go to a local computer shop or Best Buy for the case, hell even Craigslist or Ebay would do. $109 is way overpriced, $20-40 is average.

Bin it, you will want a z170 with the 6700k, plus, that series of gigabyte boards is a bit of a shit, nothing special tbh. If anything, get the Asus B150 Gaming version, it supports overclocking and has a cool bit of software from the OEM that takes audio from your soundcard and points you in the direction it is in.

im going to look at benchmarks then decide. if this would save me 400 i would definitely do it.

alright. on ebay there are parts going cheap, 40% discount market price, but used. is used pc shit safe? for some reason i keep thinking it's gonna fuck up and brick the part i put in die to some compatibility bullshit from bios updates.
if i go z170, i can get the i7 6700k and an OCable board for less than 300 dollars.

wew

Do not buy used computer shit on Ebay, especially hard drives, cases are always fine though. If you buy an electronic and it isn't DOA, you are likely fine, and in a lot of cases, covered by paypal and ebay buyer protection.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/3647vs2384

>amazon.com/dp/B012IBPJ6I/?tag=xovdealcalc-20
fugg. would still need to slash my cpu and ram prices.

Check out Amazon Outlet and Amazon Warehouse, infinite amounts of money saved for buying open box

cases are good, i could get the case i want for 50 dollars less.
but there are i7 7700k cpu selling for 200-250.

no used hdd, im not that dumb. unless it has data to snoop through

After looking I'm not going Kaby Lake. Windows 10 is shit.

For the most part, yes. However, be smart about it. CPUs, RAM, and motherboards are usually ok if they haven't been overclocked (don't TL:DR the listing details)
Cases are no problem, either - and sometimes you'll find one that already has a decent power supply in it.

Read a post before you reply. I was giving an example of a getting a great deal on used parts that work, not giving a brand/part recommendation.
I wouldn't ever use a Dell as a basis for a gaming machine - their parts quality is mediocre at best. Also, $160 GPU != $20 GPU

I just put this one hastily together. I already see the price differences. I doubt the RAM would cost that.
link : pcpartpicker.com/list/rsDrnn

Made more changes.
link : pcpartpicker.com/list/q2XXWX

The time has come: when you have more choice for OS for a Mac hardware than for PC.

Why do ya need da' fancy color mommyboard, when your case is not see-thru? Get a normal matx board for third of the price and the smaller (and cheaper) Define Mini C

Seeing you were stupid enough to get the 1080 and the founders edition at that the only place you can save money without living to regret it is the CPU.
Do you play KSP with mods? Do you play ARMA 3 with mods? Do you play BeamNG? If the answer is no then you won't even notice a weaker CPU.

No kidding. I'm about ready to go back to 7…

pcpartpicker.com/list/cMnsxY
Worked on it a little more. Smaller SSD for OS and basic programs, WD Black for the games. Not sure if this case is your thing, but I like the tool-less bays and regular screw-mount for the graphics card. Also added OS.

Change to a Ryzen 1500x and a compatible motherboard. You'll save $200 for only a 10% drop in performance which, in gaming, translates to, at absolute most, a two to ten FPS difference

Also a firmware update and optimizations in new games may eliminate that 10% performance difference entirely or even reverse it.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dhymJV
Worked on the RAM. You won't need 16 GB unless you're doing some serious coding, video/photo editing, or CAD. I'd start with 8 GB - you have 4 slots, so you can always add more later.

OP didn't want to wait…
Also, here's the previous build with a true 8-core AMD
pcpartpicker.com/list/JcTbxY

An 8 core is a waste of money in a gaming system

M8 the 7700k beats ryzen's top performer at gaming, 7700k is currently the top performing gaming CPU , ryzen is mostly good at workstations.

I didn't say the 7700 isn't as good. In fact, I explicitly said the opposite. But OP can't afford the very best.

im not going 7700k after looking at the win10 os. ads? fucking cancer.

If you want cheap, get a hard drive.

So is a hyperthreaded quad-core

why the fuck does everyone say windows 8 and 10 are bad, windows 7 is terrible, if you put windows 8 and 10 against 7 in terms of performance , they win, the general styling of Windows 10 is far better to how shitty windows 7 looks, and the start bar makes it so much easier to find things to the one on win7

If you got a computer powerful enough to be a gaming rig, you're not going to notice a significant performance difference between the three operating systems.
What you WILL notice is Windows 10 automatically updating whenever it wants to (lag) and restarting whenever it wants to, (unless you have Pro) which can be a real pain in the ass if you're in the middle of something, walk away for a few hours, and find it just restarted itself and screwed you over.

are you fucking autistic?
nerf the cpu and mobo and cpu cooler (usually come with a stock cooler anyways)

are youretarded?

Check the parts lists - that's what we've done.
Stock cooler will top 4000 RPM under high load. Helluva lotta noise, and a good cooler is a better and cheaper alternative to noise-canceling headphones…

win10 has fucking ads in it's OS.

also the metro design is nasty. made in powerpoint.

No gadgets, no startup/shutdown sounds to customize, fewer themes, networking is screwy, automatic updates and restarts, huge gaudy icons on the start menu program list instead of text, and shameless product promotion everywhere.
Other than that, I love Windows 10 :P

Yeah in the start menu, you barely notice them, and the improvements are very noticeable from my experience

NIGGER THERE ARE ADS.
ADS FOR A PRODUCT YOU BUY

This is a fucking scam.

>>>Holla Forums728800

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZvPy3F
Changed the RAM. Found some for 60 for 16gb.

This. You don't need to factor in OS.
lol

wew

also is the cheaper model just an underclocked model?

but i almost forgot ryzen will have support only on win10.

fucking fags