We won

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but our two biggest splinter boards aka 8ch.pl and endchan.xyz are both fucking dead in the water.

Is this a victory for us or a sign that imageboards on the whole are just losing popularity?

I'm conflicted.

they were dead to begin with. they had no chance. It's no win, it's just another failed alternative chan.

Its this one.
This place is on its last leg as well so dont get too happy.

why do you consider a good neighbor loosing his home a victory?

also you didn't post any proof. endchan and 8ch.pl are slow but always well active. I'm calling your bullshit out.

not OP
but their PPH are all zeroes

Isn't this what we always wanted?
The board to be unpopular so newfags wouldn't find out about it?

OP hereā€¦

endchan is shit

Holla Forums plateaued once the posting issues got fixed about a year ago. It's kept about the same size of userbase and number of posts-per-day since then.

I don't know if you have noticed, OP, but that word does not mean what you think it means. Those boards are not "ours" any more than a reddshit thread is "ours". Ours implies ownership, or at least possession, and nobody here really even gives a shit about either of those boards let alone claims ownership or possession of them.

Therefore, their dwindling popularity is merely correlative, not causational, to the collapse of this board into 4chan. But make no mistake, this board is well farther along in its declination than either of them. It appears that they at least will simply die a normal internet death of abandonment, while this board will suffer the long and agonizing death of being 4channed.

No.
We lost.

TRUMP WON

You have no idea the extent these fags will go to, to find something to complain about. Literally every opposite they will argue about.

If the board is slow they will groan about not having many posters.
If the board is fast they'll say it's populated by newfags.
If the content is shitty they'll blame the moderation for allowing 4chan tier threads
If the moderation removes cancerous content they'll be called cucks.

Literally. Nobody. On. This. Website. Will. Ever. Be. Content.

There's a reason behind the "You faggots will argue about anything" meme. If I mailed everyone here $500 worth of gold they would find something to bitch about.

I was an eager supporter of Endchan in the beginning, it was something new and exciting and the huge file-size limit (it was eventually raised to 350MB) thrilled me for a time.

The novelty wore off though and I drifted back here.

I mean the only real reason people left in the first place was because of the board software issues that drove us nuts, once they got fixed there was no reason not to return right? It's not like it was a 4chan situation.

No wonder this place is so shit with a Board owner who is such a crying bitch. Just give the board to someone else if you are so incompetent.

Holla Forums is currently being raided by shills acting as normie newfags to shit up all the board quality on all boards. they want to turn this into 4chan again.

Hopefully this is true because this place has been really shit lately.

I rest my case.

Cry more you worthless little gay shit.

This fucking site sucks. It's a loss for all parties.

It seems to me like there just aren't good small communities emerging anymore. The first websites that I started posting on regularly were in like 2005 when I was like 12, and I still post on a couple forums and message boards that I joined then, but none of them have been gaining members for like 6 or 7 years.
The thing is most people that started using the internet for non-social-media type communications post like 2008/10ish started posting on a more centralized internet. Since then the internet has just gotten more centralized and a smaller percentage of people who join the internet don't venture past big sites because there's everything on them. Like why bother taking 3 years to learn all the inside jokes of these quiet forums when I can just join a subreddit that addresses the same topic and is way more accessible?
It's easier to keep track on non-anonymous forums, but there are 3 forums that I post on regularly that haven't had a new user since like 2010 but still get like 40-100 posts a day from the same people that have been there for 10+ years.
This site only took off because of drama on halfchan, but smaller sites failing to really take off is happening everywhere. This place will either find it's small niche of users and stop bleeding in a year or two or it will die altogether.

All online communities die some day, but they find themselves in another wierd forum with a different proposal. It doesn't matter, the niche will find itself a place in someone's life.

Even if imageboards die, there will always be a telnet textboard somewhere for us to meet.

Its funny, but once you find your own way into the internet, its hard not to find the right places or the right people.

The begining of the internet may even be the hottest age for time travellers.

Just think about it, don't you think the imageboards will exist forever? Even if they change something, there will always be some sort of anonymous textboard somewhere on the internet.

That's always been my attitude. It's like half of the people who post here started posting on halfchan then came here and can't possibly fathom anything else so changing the website you shitpost on becomes such a big deal.
I could see that, but I think I'd time travel to right after high-speed internet. Browsing forums on dial up kind of sucked.

Dunno, man, it was a golden age.

I don't why you feel like you belong here, instead of going here and there simultaneously, its not like it your hometown ore something.

I don't get this whole us vs them imagebords.

anonymous imageboards are more popular than ever.

something like 40% of japanese have used 2chan or 2channel

I'm not sure we're quite there yet in the anglosphere, but the cultural impact is huge and there's no indication that it's dropping.

small chans break off every now and then, and most of them fail. occasionally some communities last, like 420chan, operatorchan, etc.

there's no reason to be happy about the destruction of one of our communities, but I don't think either of these sites are dead. they're still updating the site itself and people are still posting.

Neither, it's a sign that even those that were willing to leave 4chan due to shitty mods are unwilling to leave Holla Forums for the same reason.
It a case of brand loyalty resulting to a worse outcome for all involved.

I want to leave but can't find anywhere with better quality and similar speed to here 2 years ago so I stay here watching it become 4chan v2

I'm scared guys. I haven't been going on the internet much anymore but I still don't have a social life.

I feel the golden age of maymays died a while ago and I am seriously considering suicide.

Same here man.