No return tier: 8.1, 10

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSX-DOS
mywindowspage.com/
reactos.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT_3.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

Every Windows since 2000 is NT. Are you talking about 4?

What are you talking about? There are probably still servers running 2000.

kys. Though I agree with you on Windows 2000, so may, just down some pills and end up in the hospital and you can be forgiven.

Are you retarded?

Look 7 is okay, but it is in no way better than XP or 2000 GUI wise.

DOS

Also, this other DOS:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSX-DOS

Shit tier: Windows

/thread

All according to their time of release
Best: 2008R2, 2003, 2000, NT4
Pleb-tier, but still reasonable: 98SE, XP, 7
Unstable Trash: ME, Vista, 95 (yes, it was revolutionary, but that bitch BSODd like nothing does today), 3.1
Irrelevant: 1, 2 (nobody used those)
Cancer tier: 8, 8.1, 10, 2012R2, 2016

Why are none of your running Server?

If I want the windows experience, I'll just install MATE and change everything to Redmond.

Windows 7
Windows XP, MS-DOS
Windows 10
Windows 2000, Windows NT3/4, Windows 95/98, Windows 8.1
Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8
Windows 1-3
Microsoft BASIC
Windows 10

7 is dogshit, kill yourself. Windows stopped being acceptable at Vista.

I'm not used to Windows Server but what makes 2008R2 better than the later ones? Did they fuck up the server editions with their new stuff too?
What's the best way to pirate 2008?

No, Windows stopped being good at 2000/XP. Vista was shit.

xp's ui was total dogshit and inferior to 7's in nearly every conceivable way.

I don't think there's anything inherent about windows that makes it stand out as good, it just gets a lot of support. At least it was usable though.

XP can still play a lot of newish games, but in recent years it's really hit a wall. 7 is the go-to MUH GAMEZ machine at present. It's probably the same for artfags that don't use macs too. 8 and 10 are just shitheaps in a league of their own and clearly not designed for desktops.

Why does everyone hate vista again? And I don't just mean why does Holla Forums hate it. It really isn't that much different from 7.

At the time? Because it ran like shit on the toasters that everyone had. Nowadays? Because it's got some instability issues, doesn't support newer .NET applications, doesn't have a lot of driver support, and EOLs next spring. Vista is a good girl, though, she dindu nuffin.

DAILY REMINDER THAN WINDOWS 2K IS THE BEST WINDOWS TO EVER EXIST, NT4 STRONK.

We went from 64M of ram minimum to 512M minimum in a single jump.

Widget bar was a resource hog.

Network center, network locations.

Was never quite fixed from being unstable, they quickly ditched for 7.

Windows 10 is a solid OS if you are okay with Spyware. It depends on who you ask. Obviously if you value privacy Windows 10 is absolute dogshit

Like everyone before me said,

It was a complete memory hog and prioritized a flashy GUI over system performance because OS X 10.4 blew Windows XP's horrid color scheme out of the water.

It required a dual-core CPU as opposed to the single-core Pentium 4's that were found on nearly every single computer at the time. Imagine being told your new OS requires a processor that has only been on the market for a year

In order to circumvent malware, Microsoft introduced the User Account Control but much like DRM today, it slapped the end-user in the face and did bare minimum to increase security.

It introduced the Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, ect. packs that only added unnecessary complexity to the lineup.

Also it apparently suffers from stability issues. After using Vista for 8+ years I never really had this problem but to be fair I use SP2 with it.

tl;dr Microsoft fucked up, scrapped "Longhorn", promised new features, realized Apple did it better, scrapped it again and shoved it out the door knowing people would buy it.

Reverse order of goodness

Top tier:
Windows 2000

Pretty fucking good tier:
2017-updated Vista

gaming-tier:
Windows 95 osr2.5

old shitty hardware-tier:
Windows NT 4

Guess i gotta use something modern tier:
Windows 7 (de-cucked)

Nostalgia-tier
Windows NT 3.51

i want to believe-tier
xo x64

Who gives a shit tier
98, 98se

normie-tier:
xp

absolute fucking dogshit-tier
8,10,ME

There ARE still servers running W2k
This website runs entirely on an old server with it installed
mywindowspage.com/

W2k is still the best Windows OS imo

How does he not get constantly hacked?

Are you 12? Nothing beats WinXP with the Zune theme.

Sadly most link is broken.

New colour theme. Luna is now really boring.

Security through obscurity?

I don't think very old exploits that might've been patched are documented anymore.

The website is also mostly static pages so there goes another major attack vector

Hell no, WinXP with Luna Bliss as theme best combo.

I love my ThinkPad T22 with Win2k. Intrestingly enough, it came from a IT company and is not wiped at all, so I can read old shit like company emails from the early 00's (2002-2005) on it.

It was the least stable OS of its time, fucking OSX slapped Microsoft's shit for a good few years until XP SP2 existed.

After SP2 for Win2K it was pretty stable.

XP wasn't good till SP2 though.

2000 was NT5.

Who?

God tier: Embedded 7
Acceptable tier: NT4, 2000, Server 2003, Embedded POSready 2009
Meh tier: Server 2008, Embedded 8, XP
Shit tier: All DOS interface managers
Horribly bloated tier: Vista, 7
Botnet tier: 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2012, Server 2016

There was a guy who made his own custom version of Windows Embedded 201something, and called it Windows 9. I can't find a link to it through all the "Microsoft skips Windows 9 for 10" news but has anyone here tried it?

Get that Botnet shit out of here

But anyway, Windows was always shit. People just cling to it because there's so much software.

OS/2
3.x - 98
Anything after that, including ME.
1 and 2

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
requesting sauce

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
too many

more??

I don't know what that is

birds and other winged things like bugs measure wingspan
snakes and other serpentine things measure length
everything else is as far as i know height from the bottom of their feet to the top of their head, even quadrupeds

how can someone post this thinking it doesn't look gross, please learn how to use filters

gradients, jagged curves, wasted space. total dog shit.

on the quest to become a god tier

reactos.org/

No, WES09 and POSReady 2009 is what you want here

Only WES7 is componentized though, POSReady 7 is not. POSReady 7 is quite slimmed down though nevertheless.

Windows Genuine Advantage was bad enough, but if you're still using Windows after all the fucking DRM they've shoved in since Vista you need help.

This is correct.

Anyone who still uses Windows after that needs help. Vista was merely a product of their absolute hubris (remember when it would turn off after 30 minutes if it wasn't activated?)

What the fuck did you just say, you little bitch. I'll have you know that windows 2000 was the best windows.

That sounds familiar. Were Microsoft and Intel reading the same botnet playbook?

Turns out it was actually an hour, but you know as well as I do that Wintel is a very real thing.

If you enroll in a class at a any accredited university you get from Microsoft Imagine free copies of 2008 2012 2012 R2 2016 data center, normal and small business/essentials

Each one you are licensed to use on two systems concurrently. You are allowed to keep using them after you withdraw from school and/or the imagine program. Microsoft will monitor key usage and may deactivate your keys if they suspect you are violating the terms and conditions.

So you can use them on 24 systems, and data-center versions allow you to use them on unlimited vm's for each system data-center is installed on. (the other versions also allow extra (but still limited) vm installations on the system they are installed on.

Many universities will allow you to uninroll if you do so within the first few weeks and will give you a full refund.

Your university does not have to sign up for anything to allow you to do this but you will need either a .edu email address or you must email Microsoft proof of enrollment at a university.

You will also get multiple versions of:
Microsoft R Server
SQL Server 2012
SQL Server 2014

SQL Server 2016 Enterprise
Windows Store developer account
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro

If your university (and stem department) signs up for it and you enroll in a class under that department you can get free licenses of much more software from Microsoft and its partners including consumer operating systems (It's just about everything excluding except office) the cost per department to enable this for a university is only $500 (first year) and $300 to renew (each year after the first) no matter how many students are in a department.

In all, this is probably north of $100,000 worth of licenses (go look up sql server Enterprise costs) for free for you to fuck around with. Your not allowed to give your licenses out or use any of the licenses for commercial activity (they make an exception for using them on apps published on Microsoft app stores). It's for experimenting and learning.

However if you are too lazy to enroll in one fucking online class and then unroll your still in luck. Microsoft Hyper-V server is FREE (as in beer), idk about 2016 (may be text interface only, haven't fucked around with it) but the 2012 r2 version you could install the desktop shit back manually if you wanted to, giving you a paired down server environment able to install games and shit completely free of cost to anyone and everyone.

At work we still had a 286 running dos 6 powering our electron beam welder earlier this year.

XP

NT

ME
Vista
1 2 and 3

polite sage for off topic.

If you are looking just for the image by it`s self check the following site,winworldpc.com.

One day.

It makes my eyes bleed.

I had a problem that cropped up after I found my PCIe wireless card. I swapped out the little USB wireless card I was using previously for it, and Windows 7 immediately started throwing a bitch fit about keyboards. I use a USB switch to pass my mouse and keyboard back and forth between my laptop and desktop, and after about fifteen minutes of inactivity, either with the switch switched away or just idling on that computer, Windows 7 decided that no keyboard shall ever type again. Plugging the keyboard into a new port didn't work, plugging in a different keyboard didn't work, nothing. Hot rebooting did nothing. Cold rebooting fixed it temporarily occassionally. I reinstalled Windows 7 hoping that it was some weirdness with drivers from the old install, and the problem cropped up again within a couple hours.

On a whim and a prayer, I installed Vista, since my hardware supports it. And I'll be damned, I haven't seen the issue since knock on wood. I ain't even mad, either.

There's also an actual Windows NT. Not many people seem to know about it.

Windows 7 is almost as bad as windows 10.
Turn on wireshark once in a while and watch the encrypted shit fly off to god knows where.

soon I just need to finish my games backlog

Dual boot. Windows for games, GAHNOO/LOONIX for everything else.

but

and with new generation of cpus it doesnt even matter what os you are running.

Remove network & wireless cards (or disconnect the antenna). Disconnect the microphone too. No more botnet.

from dual boot to dual pc

My friend shills Edge and Windows 10 like he's a paid shitposter.

you also have to be okay with the fact you're having ads on a OS you bought. a percentage of your money went in buying ads.

Win 7 w/Aegis script

What's wrong with 7? Currently running 10 on a new laptop and it's complete cancer and want to switch back to 7 for gayming

some people pay for cable tv (ads), netflix (product placement), vidya like Cup Noodles XV, public transport, newspapers/magazines, the list goes on.

If people are willing to pay for ads, who are you to say they're wrong? :^)

What happened to themes for windows 7?

Windows 10 is free dipshit. Besides, the ads aren't "in the OS" like Freetard fud agents try to tell you, they are superficial widgets attached to the side of the start menu. All you have to do to get rid of them is drag them away

$84 on amazon right now. The (mandatory) update was free (as in beer) for a limited time, but no longer.
and wait for them to come right back with the next mandatory automatic update :^)

Spotted the 13 yo. Yeah, they're widgets, but the fact that the OS has ads AT ALL, is everything that is wrong with the direction the tech industry is taking.

Windows 10 is a huge invasion of privacy, and it just represents the beginning of this type of shit.

Ubuntu had ads before Windows; it's nice to see Linux leading the way.

Ironically, Linux zealots, at least on this particular board, act much more on par with edgy 13 year old scriptkiddie faggots than anything else.

regular use tier: 7
server use tier: latest
outdated tier: XP
shit tier: everything else

windows 7 is literally just a reskinned Vista.

Low effort bait.

not even joking

Then you're retarded, I have nothing else to say to that.

What the fuck else would you use your home computer for? If I drop video games, I might as well throw my pc away. I'm planning on not installing any wireless card or browser on my new build.

Well....

that'd be valid if you responded to my initial comment with something like "please substantiate that claim." Instead, you allege certainty that I'm wrong without providing a shred of evidence, so the onus is now on you to substantiate your claim.

Proprietaryfags get off my board reeeeee

not same user faggot. But while we're on the subject it's totally the same thing.

Person "A" (you) makes unsubstantiated claim, Person "B" (other user) makes another unsubstantiated claim, and then Person "A" claims Person "B"'s claim is bad because it's unsubstantiated.

kys.

Here's how it works.
Person A makes unsubstantiated claim.
Person B has a choice: he can
(1) call A on his bullshit, or
(2) assert that "everyone knows A is wrong" without making an argument or citing any evidence
In the case of (2), B needs to back up his claim otherwise it's just shitposting.

They are both shitposting you braindead hypocrite shit and any claim to the contrary is retarded.

What is the actual Windows NT anyways? I can't even find information about it everytime I go to look for it. I know it exists.

Be warned though, Windows has been known to hose Linux partitions.

Windows NT is a kernel. The first Windows OS to use the NT Kernel was an upgraded version of the DOS-based Windows 3.1, hence the first NT based OS was called "Windows NT 3.1"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT_3.1

Are FreeDOS distros a thing yet?