Can we all agree this is pretty much true?

Can we all agree this is pretty much true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you go back to >>>/reddit/?

Reminder that vid related is what prequel lovers look like.

I wish I looked that muffmoisteningly handsome

Uh… Emotion? Rey cant act.
Characters? Honesly not really, rey is shit, fin is shit, Tr8-t0r was perfect and poe is okay, kylo is the worst. Everyone else was from the old trilogy.

lol…no

No.

Add a check box for diversity with a green arrow.

no, star wars is shit
get over it

K.

Hes more than just a handsome face. He also has excellent taste in films.

Garbage movie all it was an attempt to replace the old films with a new "universe" that have more current leftist degeneracy propaganda.

OP, I liked it for what it was.
The thing is, it's not really a good sequel. It's a good movie. It's not a good Star Wars movie.

Here's a good formula for a movie:

It's not only the formula used in a lot of sucessfull movies, it's the one used for the first 3 films.

Here's a bad formula:

This is not only how bad movies are made, it's also how the prequels were produced.
Force awakens isn't quite that bad, but it's closer to this than to the previous formula.

It's a good sci-fi movie (not great, good).
It's a terrible sci-fi epic.
It's an average star wars entry.
It's a terrible star wars sequel.

For reference, I liked that they re-did the plot of the first one nearly verbatim.
But I kept expecting a moment where they broke the mold, used that "ah, they're doing the same plot, I know how this goes" to subvert expectations and do something amazing.
Have the nu-death star lmao Planet Killah ACTUALLY blow up the planet, have the plot take a darker tone, turn it into a story of blind revenge, have Rei turn Sith until someone "rescues" her from the Dark Side Hint: THERE'S LUKE THERE FOR THAT YOU PIECES OF SHIT
It did nothing amazing, and it did nothing wrong.
It was a nothing. 90 minutes of Cinemax Nothing.

*should have read no prominent aliens

Please a 10 year old's fan fiction would have made a better film than TFA. All (((disney))) did is make the prequels look better by comparison.

If you liked TFA you are the reason they keep making these kinds of films in the first place. At least tell us you didn't give the jew your shekels for this steaming pile of shit.

Not at all. Star Wars in total is rather poor as sci fi (it's a space adventure) but Force Awakens is especially bad. The 'science' part of science fiction is pretty badly abused, as Finn sees a planet thousands of light years away be destroyed instantaneously and visibly. There are multiple reasons why that's utterly retarded.

Niggers in space is impossible.

You haven't spent a lot of time at fanfic.net then.
I did pay to see the movie. Shit is pretty cheap around here, no reason not to.
Like I said, I liked it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be. I was disapointed, but still got my 2€ worth.

Depends on the kind of Sci-fi. There's a reason the term "Hard Sci-fi" became a thing.
After sci-fi got expanded with lots of things, there was need to make a term that meant "this is actually science and can be explained with in-universe math and physics".
Warhammer 40k is sci-fi, but not even close to being scientific, for instance.

I do agree, the "science" in SW has always been retarded. From day one. The very first movie had audible explosions in space, people complained about it as they exited the premiere.
But the thing is, I already saw 6 movies of this shit. And a bunch of other series, movies and games (that I pirated because they're mediocre games aping on the SW brand to sell).
If you enter a theatre, after 6 movies of this shit expecting "maybe they get it right at the 7th" you're an idiot.
I expected blatant science incongruities, and that's what I saw.
I went to see lightsabers including the retarded one, Finn being the true hero, Rei being a shit and the old actors going "fuck this movie, I was in a better one before."
That's what I got, I'm happy with the movie I saw.

This part was pure Sci-fi kino

But there's an order of magnitude difference here. The sound in space doesn't have plot implications. This is that you can see events you shouldn't be able to.

What it amounts to is that Abrams just didn't give a shit. He knew better but he didn't care and the result was that whole scene was massively confusing.

Rei was a mary sue. Did you really want to see that?

Here's a webm

I wanted to see her being a shit character, not a shitty jedi.
I already knew they were making her the stronk-fem-luke who need no sith lord.

What I wanted to see was her…
Well, allright, Rei did disapoint me. I expected SOMETHING. Some personal growth, some agnst because "lol you jedis abandoned us" or some clunky movement in fights as she learns to fight.
Fuck, I expected her to drop the lightsaber and pick up those dual-blade lightsabers because it's closer to the weapon she used before (the lance-thing).
It would be one of those moments where a character seems to be a copy-paste from another but suddendly becomes it's own thing.

That's one the things that DID made the movie kinda shit. Rei never becomes *something*. She's not bad, she's not good. She's nothing.
Picture this: you take her out and replace her with Jar Jar.
The story still makes sense and works out the same way.

I keep comparing her to Finn, because Finn is the one I expected to be a useless side kick since he did seem like the token black character.
But then Finn gets shit done, cracks some kinda funny lines and gets his moments of being a badass.

And by being badass, I don't mean "Yeah, I'm super-fast and athletic and the chosen one, I can totaly mind-crush and kill everyone".
I mean all those moments where he realizes he's outmatched, outgunned, outmanned, gets panicked shit is going south, yet he still charges on and tries his best.
Finn is never a brave character. He seems like a fool most of the time, but pulls through against overwhelming odds because he TRIES damn hard to.
That's a badass right there. Dunno who said this quote:
I'd say Finn is brave. Rei is just a character that has plot armor and acts like she knows it.
Also, I'm all for putting niggers in movies when they make a damn good work with it. Beauty and the best sprinkled melanin all over the cast and all that did was tick over some "diversity" checkbox while making the setting shit.

That fucking face… and of course she's back in Episode VIII

I'm not convinced that anyone actually liked this movie.

Nobody did but idiot fanboys tired to convince themselves they did…. it wore off sometime after its December release. Unfortunately disney got all their money.

Star Wars TFA alleviated a childrens syfy movie to something I could be proud to take my wife's children to see. Instead of an all white racist fantasy we got to see a diverse cast. I almost cried while watching that trailer. I remember turning to my wife's boyfriend and commenting about how awesome it was to see a trailer with absolutely no white men in it. Ja'Travious doesn't watch syfy, but I think he knew what I meant.

In the theater it was so cool. When Rey screamed out "stop holding my hand!" there were women in the audience snapping their fingers and bobbing their heads screaming out "mmmm mmmm you go girl!" I was just dissappointed there wasn't a love seen with Rey and Maz. I really feel the romance between Finn and Pie. I hope they explore that more, because it reminds me of my relationship Ja'Travious, when I am prepping him.

So OP, get you hate speech off this bored and go back to /pole/!

No the characters sucked worse than RO and RO wasn't that good

The emotion was non existent unless you call daisy ridley have the same expression with her eyes wide and mouth agape emotion

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

would have been a good movie

not gonna lie her cavernous mouth would be a good place for my dick tbh