Just some Soul Eater

Just some Soul Eater

CHAPTER 8 (v3c3)
(it's not actually chapter 8 by my count but I'm going to start going by how it's labelled in my torrent so I can keep track easier)
Previous chapters:
>>>/maka/424

Crona is a fucking beta bitch.

There is some more interesting stuff in the manga though. I wouldn't say alpha but definitely better.

Oh cool you're back

He has mini ragnarok as his wingman and all the ladies fall for his cuteness.

Yeah I forgot my harddrive with the manga on it somewhere. Now I'm back and have it though.

I almost forgot about that scene.

Tsubakis going to get lewd.

END CHAPTER 8

That part definitely has maka's sexiest outfit.

It's a nice outfit but I like her Spartoi one (and her regular one).

Bump

v3c9

Frog witch is so cute. I feel bad that she barely gets any screen time and gets bullied the entire show.

Dude, c'mon.

What's he fappin to?

Probably the cat bitch.

They should just take the water from that jar and put it into water guns and spray it at their enemies. Shibusen would be unstoppable.

I wonder what having your soul sucked out by water would feel like? It would be cool if Maka walked around with Blair around her neck all the time.

This was a pretty sick burn.

Medusa is so spooky

Smug af to.

I would like to see them do frog things together.

beware frog girl lewding

I should have known that crossover r34 already existed. Pretty neat.

end of chapter
If hg doesn't go all night I'll post another.

v4c10
woo new volume

One thing that never made sense to me is why the meister is more important then the weapon. Weapons are supposed to die for their meister but arent the weapons more important then the meister? Seems like anyone could learn how to fight using a weapon but transforming into a weapon would be a rare trait that you would want to protect. And if the end goal of a weapon is to become a death scythe then the weapon should be more cherished then a random person using that weapon.

Yeah it's kind of a weird statement.
I think some of it is that it's the mindset they have to use when fighting. Crona was kind of an exception but there aren't a lot of cases where the weapons are at risk of taking damage while the technicians are still doing stuff.
No-one in the DWMA is a "random person" because random people can't resonate souls (though I don't think it's necessarily as rare as a weapon- pretty much all of whom end up there), least of all the main characters. There are more weapons than technicians at the academy.

oh i didnt know that

The show made it seem like that considering everyone other then the main and side cast was grayed out. The show had great characters and development but the world building wasn't really there.

Yeah I think in SE Not it talked more about the entrance but I don't remember.
The rest of the cast is introduced more in the manga around episode 26 in the anime. If you remember the scene where they go to the fight near the volcano in Alaska all of those guys become more major characters, that's the Spartoi, but they cut out the arcs where those characters do stuff so they definitely got shoved aside.

end of chapter

v4c11

Does free get more scenes in the manga? He is barely in the anime even though he seems cool.

I think he and Eruka are both in a couple of story arcs as side characters that weren't shown in the manga. I can't remember who does what because the villain side characters kind of revolve and shift around a bit.
So yeah they're in it more but I don't remember exactly why.

(image 2 and 3)
(image 4)
maka is such a bitch, god damn.

Definitely not her best moment.

nonyan (メ ̄▽ ̄)
天照!天照!天照!

end

v4c12

I kind of want to go to sleep early today so I started posting earlier than normal.

This episode was so funny

Yeah normally patty comes across as silly but in this one she appears to be retarded.

I love the end of this one.

v4c13

I still need to read last chapter, so sry for barely posting (メ ̄▽ ̄)

I was starting it an odd time because I can't post late tonight. Don't worry about it.

v4c14

I hate how the translators put their names over the art as if anyone actually cares for them.

Yeah it would be easy enough to fix but I never bothered. What's nice about the torrent is that the whole thing is in the right order when you put all the images in one folder (because of the names), so I just scroll through it as a photo album on my tablet when I'm on a plane or train or something. The shilling is a drawback though.

Why did the author make kid look gay here

I don't know, he looks like a trap all of the sudden. The line where Liz says "I"m not really into romance" seems flat, it might've been some sort of pun that the translator didn't get.

This scene was cute.

I noticed she gets jealous really easily.

A little bit.

It's only because she cares though.

v5c15

what is image 3 and 4 all about

Just wanted to say thanks for dumping this, user

I don't know, I think it's like the equivalent of shitposting for the author (maybe they need to fill pages?). Later in the series they do stuff like the popularity polls.
I have no idea what the actual story is though, other than that one of the things vaguely looks like ragnorak.

How dare you insult makaposter by putting him on the same level as a plebian user.

No problem. Just so you know it's all in a thread on >>>/maka/ for posterity.

Liz and patties outfits are terrible here.

Yeah but you get to see Makas feet so it's all good.
It almost looks like Liz and Patty are supposed to be wearing tweed.

I like how they draw black people. It's like japan's political correctness is 80 years behind the western world.

Thats the way it should be.

They just look like pickaninnys in this which I find hilarious. A couple weeks ago I was going through a storage room in my family's old plantation house and found a shelf full of old dolls like this.
What's funny is that now they're actually sort of highly-sought after in places like Harlem where middle-class black people buy them ironically.

Did your family have slaves?

Until the War of Northern Aggression.

Why didnt the witch take her eye back from free.
PLOTHOLE

Definitely a plot hole. Baba Yaga becomes a little bit of a character later and she's fucking insane. But someone should have thought of it.

Which do you like better, Kagura or Maka?
Kagura seems to have the better reaction faces.

I'll do one more chapter because this part is starting to get good.

Kagura manga when? Clearly she is your favorite.

I wouldn't say that. She's definitely not waifu material. She is really cute though and her reactions are easier to use for shitposting.
I don't think I have a torrent of Gintama though.

She's an alien that picks her nose and she's like 12.

v5c16

I thought you were just joking until I read the beginning of her wikipage. Would you recommend watching her show?
so?

I recommend trying it but it's pretty hit or miss.
It's a long anime, it doesn't have very long story arcs, a lot of it is sort of meta humor and a lot of it references other shonens. It's more character driven, definitely not all action.
If you decide to watch it you kind of have to keep going until Kagura has been introduced for a few episodes because that's when it takes off.
Nose picking isn't that big a deal but she's extremely child-like. Hebe-type body but very loli personality.

If you're on the fence about it this is my favorite Kagura fight scenes.
I think I just like it because it sort of reminds me of Maka's black blood scene
But fighting isn't really the focus of the anime, so it's a minor spoiler for an episode arc that's less than 10 episodes.

I got distracted and forgot to keep posting.

Holy shit the show has 328 episodes. I might watch it if I find myself getting bored.

Asura was such a cool villain, being so powerful yet so fearful at the same time was such an interesting dynamic.
I was so dissapointed by the way his character just fell apart into a classic trope at the end but i guess thats what happens when greedy anime studios decide to make their own endings.

Did the translator switch? The english is all fucked up and sounds weird.

It gets better and worse, it's all from the same irc but a bunch of different individuals, for some of whom english is obviously a second language.
This is about as bad as it gets though, and it doesn't stay bad for long.

end

v5c17

The medusa and stein fight woulda been better if the scythe didn't look like that

You mean when Spirit is sticking out or how there's no apparent blade?

The missing blade.

Yeah it's not much of a scythe without a blade. I have no idea what's going on with it.

v5c18

If it wasn't for cronas black blood in maka/soul then this woulda been such a stomp. Main character plot armor too strong.

I was watching tv while I was posting this then and not really checking other threads then I checked the catalog and none of the threads look good.

Yeah this place has been down the gutter the last couple of days. Some guy said we might be getting raided by people acting as normies but shitnomia decides to do nothing.

Banning people for acting like normalfags sounds like a lot of work. But yeah something seems to be going on. It's weird that sena poster, analmoose and that other tripfag all came out of the woodwork at the same time. Something doesn't smell right.
Even that get earlier was obnoxiously mundane.

It's just a coincidence, don't worry about anything.

How deep does this go?

The manga version of cronas backstory is so much darker.

Yeah wasn't it a dragon in the anime? I like the panel with the bunny head on Maka, it's a better segue.

end

I might do another chapter later but it looks like a hg thread started so I guess I'll shitpost there for a bit.
Or if you want I could do another chapter at a slower rate while hg runs.

I'm fine with 2 chapters.

Cool.