Google’s about to roll out invisible captchas

ghacks.net/2016/12/05/googles-invisible-captchas/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint
panopticlick.eff.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=t9CXmEUwvgM
mycomicpost.net/?p=187565
mycomicpost.net/?p=186647
ghacks.net/2016/03/14/cloudhole-make-cloudflares-im-not-a-robot-captchas-appear-less-often/
wired.co.uk/article/google-wants-to-make-captcha-completely-invisible
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

feels bad lad

Woo, even more hidden user tracking.

Not like I enable google services for the current version of captcha anyway. If it requires google, I won't use it, period.

4chan users can be de-anonymized for the FBI more efficiently than ever

Seconded. Besides they don't even support faptcha.

Faptcha?

So how does it work? Facial recognition?

then convince people to post on /po/. please ;_;

Fuck, I hate anticipation. This could be anything from giving you the option of tying it to your Google account to ridiculous datamining with cooperation of the website's owner.

Shit OP

Never go full retard son

Non-javascript honeypot captchas have existed for ages. Google doesn't like them though because they don't involve tracking the user or free neural network training.

pure coincidence

Let me guess:
Browser fingerprints through JS to detect any common denominator that Python/JS bots doesn't have.

Fingerprint is as generic as it can get:
100 points
You have the default ubuntu font package installed:
25 points.
Signed into Gmail:
-25 points
Adobe fonts:
-25 points
Mouse pointer tracking detects human motions:
-100 points

What a year to be alive.

JS is disabled/the PC doesn't have certain features:
1000 points.

Google killed the Internet.

Just set your useragent to "I identify as human" and google will have to let you in, or else das racist.

Fuck Jewgle and their crap.

Quit being paranoid

I'm guessing you never heard the term before?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint
panopticlick.eff.org/

what do you expect from a manjaro babby

I think you have bigger things to worry about if your on windows fam

Isn't that a Lain reference? That phrase was in the opening. I would post a screenshot but I'm not at home.

Thanks Google, I knew I could always rely on you! :D

It flashes on the screen very briefly at 41 seconds:
youtube.com/watch?v=t9CXmEUwvgM

Id completely forgot about that, simpler times.

it's funny how ever since lainchan has become popular (interesting enough: not in the time between it's inception and it becoming huge) people post pictures of lain EVERYWHERE.
Not that I have a problem with it, it's just funny how it suddenly became an icon.

I was right, and a quick web search doesn't show anything directly related to it. Could Google be implying something here, or is it a coincidence?

She's more than an icon.

Serial Experiments Lain is one of the most prescient works of fiction ever made, in any genre or medium, in any nation. The series' production team accurately predicted the behaviour of a society where everyone, even schoolchildren, suddenly had 24/7 internet access via handheld computers. And they predicted it all way back in the mid-90's, when the average home computer wasn't even networked, and the most powerful pocket devices were little more than glorified calculators.

Sure, the production team got some details of the technology wrong, such as the shapes and interfaces of the portable Navis, But they absolutely nailed what people would do with that sort of technology. Like the 1976 film Network, Lain only gets more and more relevant with each passing year.

Damn, I thought you were just BSing. But sure enough it's there. I never noticed it before. Nice catch.

So is this like it uses the network of sites with Google javascript and correlates (assuming you haven't disabled google javascript on other sites) your activity, your mouse cursor movement, screen size, etc (fingerprint), and just lets you through?

So you don't get a captcha as long as you allow intrusive javascript on enough sites in general?

That's the only thing I can imagine

CAN'T ZAZZ THE MRAZZ

hi sveriga :)

Isn't pixiv popular with SEAniggers, weebs and chinks? That's like almost the whole eastern hemisphere.

How old are you?

Also,
Folding and Pasting machine when?

mycomicpost.net/?p=187565
mycomicpost.net/?p=186647

I'm too lazy to check if all the links work. Googling for the filenames should get you alternate links.

Who's this woman in OP's pic? Does anyone know? Image search didn't have anything helpful.

so why did nobody think to tell them that pinkle is kind of german for pee

No heart!
No soul!
No service!

Death to filthy Omnic scums!

Think about this sentence for a second, and think of how redundant it is. Of course "normalcore" has always been the mainstream by definition.

Step out of your little bubble. The average person has, and will always, dress in the most "normalcore," least-effort way possible. I'm talking hoodies and Wal-Mart jeans.

If this is your "alt-right fashion," then I'm sorry to break it to you, but it is nothing new. It is the consistent, "average" baseline of what people will always dress as.

Shill, pls. You ppl are transparent af.

Basically you're exchanging whatever privacy is still possible to preserve (by blocking JS and google shits) for a small amount of convenience.
People running Windows 10 probably won't be bothered by this, since they already gave up all their privacy.

Are you talking about where, on 4chan, instead of typing in the captcha you could type in nigger, and it would work?

it was the selling point for 4chan passes you tard.

Which of these six pictures is a river?

We're not showing you the pictures. They're invisible.

You don't get to use the website until you answer correctly.

That's when the computer knows if you are human, for the river is inside of you, and surrounding us all, as it's spiritual in nature.

does anyone else think it's funny that google runs the biggest bot army on the internet and also the biggest anti bot captcha service.

fuck they're a pack of cunts. all I wanna do is scrape the job boards for a better job without working FFS.

Yeah, and not just on 4chan. I did that shit everywhere; it just came reflexively to me.

You brought on yourselves. This is the consequence you chose.

great, so the captcha check box, which never worked, is going to be replaced by some other bullshit where you don't have to check a check box, but it still doesn't work. so we will still be selecting 20 pictures of kebab storefronts to view a fucking shitpost behind cuckflare.

according to the same faggot(s), luckily, in the case of cuckflare, you can just attribute all your traffic to one identity, and then you'll only have to solve the captcha once: ghacks.net/2016/03/14/cloudhole-make-cloudflares-im-not-a-robot-captchas-appear-less-often/

This bullshit at least has some more info: wired.co.uk/article/google-wants-to-make-captcha-completely-invisible

basically the only way this shit will work is if you have JS, cookies, etc enabled, so Google can constantly profile you as you browse across multiple sites, and it *still* wont work on VPNs, from cafes, from school, work, over tor, etc, because they'll just be ip-blocked. all because some obnoxious faggot somewhere has to push his new super advanced risk analysis engine and claim plain old image captchas a broken

let's just face it, if they don't slip in the removal of old captcha methods in this change, they eventually will, and soon they'll get what they really want: government ID tied to every internet communication

Time to block google, twitter, facebook, and any other site that uses this anti-privacy captcha shit.
I mean permanently, with blackhole DNS records that disable their entire domains, not just some browser scripts.

Except it did work, so long as you let Google collect enough information about you to be sure you're human.

I don't think I've ever had to select more than 8 (2 captchas with 4/9 each because I failed the first) to get past CloudFlare. Have you considered disabling JS so you don't get the "click until shit stops appearing" captchas and just get simple grids with checkboxes?

Why? That completely negates the purpose of Tor.

It'll also finally push people who care about their privacy to move to alternate services from the normal web. This has clearly been the future for some time now, the only question has been how mandatory JS execution and datamining would come (mandatory JS captchas, shitty web devs, HTML5 DRM that stops any addon from seeing or modifying the page, etc).

the checkbox never worked for me even on Firefox/Windows/plainweb. Come think of it, it's probably because I have the clear cookies on browser exit option on.

Yep it's way easier with JS disabled, but sometimes I have JS enabled for reasons.

was sarcasm, that was exactly my point.

God please no. This is becoming a fucking nightmare.

Shit remake when?

There are plenty of alternative site, services, and even protocols out there waiting for you.

Stop erasing the Trans-Apache! Attack helicopters exist too!

I wonder how popular? I watched it a few years ago from a recommendation graph from 4chan just because it was a "seinen" (for adults) and the premise sounded interesting. Didn't even notice any references to it before then.

It wasn't too long afterwards when I noticed lainposting was becoming more common

It's probably because reality is starting to catch up with the background of the show. Minus Lain herself and the pseudomystical/ESP elements of the show, the universe of SEL could very well be our real-life universe. Everyone's got 24/7 internet-connected devices in their pockets, even schoolkids. Rumours and news and gossip spreads globally in an instant, and everyone's opinion on which is which is different.

Yeah, I was reading Hacker News the other day and there were multiple faggots shilling Lainchan and trying to convince the SJW valleyfags webdevs to visit it. "It's really cool and laid back for a chan, people there work on cool stuff, it's not like 4chan" etc.
Lain was my idol as a teenager. I might have to dump her over this.

probably the captcha appears out of nowhere through DOM and JS cancer terribly slow. Also allows them to canvas fingerprint you.

A cat appears on your screen and you have to click them,

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a dead simple captcha-less captcha for my imageboard, 314chan. I was thinking about calculating it though the browser somehow, and just submitting the score to my scripts, and if you don't have js enabled, to fill out one of my text captchas. Is that reasonable?

Not providing link...