Generating a new Dwarf Fortress universe

(For those of you that don't know, the history in the game is so detailed and complex that world generation gets exponentially slower over time. Generally you're not really meant to generate more than a few hundred years, if that)
Why am I so dumb?

Read 2 words and farted

what is that pic? it looks like some kid just threw random pixels all over in Paint

That line down the middle is the wall of a fort. Everything on the right are internal rooms. I think it's dug out into the side of a very large mountain. (not my fort)
Big gray lines on the left are roads with a retractable bridge going over the river to the left, and the road that leads up goes to a trading post. Big gray area on the bottom outside is just being used to dump stone from mining out the mountain, and refuse like dead rats and rotten meat.

Being the genius that I am, I just weighted down me ESC key and left it for a while. It's now stopped at 1006 years. Longest world-history I've every generated.

Anybody else play this game? It's fucking awesome.

My goal for my next fortress is to build a tower to heaven, like the tower of Babel from the Bible, but with the Dwarven industrial prowess to actually complete it.

This is the only Dwarven civilization available. Shit must be fucked.

They should use DF world generation as a benchmark for supercomputers.

kek op

just do it again next night and don't be so stupid again

yeah

you always gotta have a project ;)

i had the idea of dwarves that wanted to be like elves and build huge tree and live on its branches
never got to actually do it yet though

better than elves i mean

i am expecting it to take some time to make it reality since of course tree cannot be built from other than wood

Went into legends mode to figure out what went wrong with the Universe of Dragons. Apparently in the time before time there was a skinless monster named Quala that became the leader of a band of goblins. They declare war on Dwarven civilizations, raid and pillage their castles, and impale their leaders on wooden spikes. The Sly Razor (the "remaining" civilization) was wiped out in this manner in the year 34, along with all other Dwarven Civs.

So in this world, I guess I'm going to play a band of 7 Dwarves trying to reform a civilization that got wiped out almost 1000 years ago.

hahaha nice
good luck user

I guess you should be thankful that DF doesn't account for inbreeding.

Yea.
This Goblin Civ, The Immorality of Pitch, seems to rule the entire world now, and I start out at war with them.
(I think there are a few human civilizations left, but that's it.)

what are the odds dwarves being same sex or homosexuals?

I don't know. I remember one time I got a migration wave with just two Dwarves, one of which was a 90 year old homo geezer with master skill in brewing and nothing else.

at least brewing is useful
it could have been cheese maker!

Wasn't there some big ruckus about this when they allowed dwarves to be generated into the gay community.

i dont know about that

I never saw anything about that. The game strives to be as realistic in every aspect, so having some percentage of the population be homosexual just seems natural.

Fucking furries