What's your opinion on evolution Holla Forums?

What's your opinion on evolution Holla Forums?

The strong being allowed to live and become stronger through the generations. What else?

It's still evolving.

Non-material things cannot evolve you fool.

Memes can evolve.

Give me one example that's an actual evolution rather than just a recolour

it seems kind of far-fetched that we evolved from bacteria, but I don't have a better guess

Why? You're mostly bacteria yourself.

Every living thing, as far as we know so far, has DNA in the nucleus of their cells/cell that code for their every protein and how they fit together. DNA is a molecule that is composed of sub-molecules called nucleotides that fit together in a chain. A mutation is what happens when one or more nucleotide is added or subtracted or replaced with a different nucleotide. Usually, mutations don't really change anything about the organism, but sometimes they do. Changes can be either beneficial for the organism's ability to survive or a hindrance. Evolution is the accumulation of beneficial mutations over generations. Hindering mutations are typically selected against.

Evolution explains biodiversity, it does not explain how life began in the first place. As far as any of us know, the first organism was created by god or gods or aliens, but what we do know is that the first organism reproduced and propagated itself and eventually its offspring mutated and then mutated again, billions and billions of times and that's why there are so many different species all over the place.

Those bacteria are not part of a person, they're symbiotic. They are their own organisms, they're just along for the ride. Also, bacterial cells are far smaller than the cells of multi-cellular organisms; in terms of mass, he is in no way 'mostly' bacteria, there is just a large number of bacteria in and on him.

I think it's safe to assume that the vast majority of people that subscribe to the theory of evolution also surmise that life began with abiogenesis

No, you idiot. It has nothing to do with strength except where that is fit. Sometimes becoming weaker is more fit.

Mutation + selection makes evolution inevitable. Next!

It's certainly entirely possible for life to begin via abiogenesis, there is research that shows that the molecules necessary for life to exist can form in certain primordial conditions. But we will not ever know how the actual first organism came about because we can't travel through time yet. Certainly abiogenesis is the most likely explanation, but we will never observe the singular event of life beginning on Earth.

Pretty sure they've never been able to create life in a lab

The theory was proposed long before we knew anything about DNA or genetics and yet those discoveries have only further supported the theory.
Seems to me it holds up as fact.

No, they've only created the conditions necessary for certain molecules to anneal themselves. Creating the conditions for an actual living to form itself from scratch would probably take a very long time and be very difficult to figure out how to make it happen in the first place. Besides, there's already a bunch of life out there, look out your window. It's not particularly important to figure out how to bring it about from raw carbon and oxygen and shit. If you want some life, go outside and pick up a stick. Basically the only reason anyone would have to figure out how to create life would be to stick it to creationists.

its ok

Abos were God's chosen peope

its clearly not real since Holla Forums still exists

we need to take control before it is too late

I'm concerned that modern medicine causes a rapid degeneration of the human genepool. Sure, said medicine can also counter the resulting health issues, but you're still fucked if you're stranded somewhere without (adequate) medical support.

kek