1950s Top Secret Propulsion Documents Declassified Douglas Aircraft

Neat stuff from the 1950's, makes you wonder what they have nowadays on the cutting edge research going on in secret military and government labs on antigravitational propulsion!!!

1950s Top Secret Propulsion Documents Declassified Douglas Aircraft

archive.org/details/1950sTopSecretPropulsionDocumentsDeclassifiedDouglasAircraft

Even in the 50's they knew that EM drive didn't work.

50 years later and we have the standard model now, and still no anti-gravity device in sight.

All these papers show, are a bunch of proposed propulsion mechanisms for space travel.
As we've learned from history, the only thing that actually works are plain old rockets.

Why would that help? The standard model doesn't integrate gravity.

Well, it kinda does. With the discovery of gravitational waves a few months back, the consensus now is that even if Gravitons exist (which would be required for the standard model to explain gravity), it is practically impossible to ever observe them.

At least take the time to read the introduction paragraph for the standard model on wikipedia.

When was this declassified?

I can't believe people are still surprised we landed on the moon when that was possibly the least of the experiments America was doing back in the mid 20th century. Hell, I'd say the entire Apollo program was merely a side-effect of things like this. Especially considering most Apollo equipment was taken from the military

not exactly the em drive being tested today, pal. try again.

This is fascinating. It's interesting that this kind of research has basically plateaued since then.

These were clearly bullshit. Funny how they already knew so far back.

That's what they tell you, but unless you test it in a perfect vacuum, you'll have radiant heat, and this thing generates a lot of heat. See pics.

Maybe you should read more than that, and realize that with gravitons the standard model could very well explain gravity.
However, it still couldn't explain the effects of general relativity. That's why stuff like string theory exists.

Look up the pioneer anomaly.

It must have been something to live in a time when the word "contraption" was in regular lexicon inside of conversations about the fundamental aspects of the universe.

I believe the Pioneer anomaly was solved by using Phong shading.

I don't get the reference. Old game?

Both USA and USSR space programs came from Nazi V-2 rocket program that they capured during WW2.

First of all, gravitons are not part of the standard model.
Second, gravitons aren't even theoretical, they are hypothetical.

The standard model is as far from incorporating gravity as string theory is from producing anything experimentally testable.

/hover/ here, thanks for sharing

my 8600GT idled hotter than this shit

Thats because Gravity does not actually exist.

You do ralize how cool that is in the scheme of things, right? Considering that the lab is probably the standard 68 and there is absolutely zero radiator type equipment attached.

Oh wait
Yeah, nah, that's a picture of the thing labeled "heat sink" doing literally what it was made to do.