First Gun

Sup faggots, I've never owned a gun before and I now want to exercise my right as a citizen of the good ol' US of A

I was thinking a S&W M&P. Any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

cabelas.com/product/RUGER-AR-RIFLE/1932150.uts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

M&P 15 is a fine first gun, you can't go wrong.
With the Trump election prices have eased up a bit and you can get in on some seriously good sales.
cabelas.com/product/RUGER-AR-RIFLE/1932150.uts

How much would I expect to be paying for one? Whats a good price to look for?

i suggest going to a small gun store and telling them your price point and to make suggestions, you should try holding a few different guns to see which one feels best in your hands, also personally i feel like you should get a gun with an external safety as opposed to a glock or M&P which the safety is more or less built into the trigger,

Why the fuck are you not asking /k/?

MP9 Compact is perfect. Get the Apex Cary and Duty Action Kit to smooth out the trigger pull and it is perfection.

Go to /k/, they probably already have 4 threads about this there. Good luck finding a gun btw

I wouldn't cough up more than $600 for a good basic AR carbine.
I also wouldn't pay less than $400 because those really really cheap AR's are cheap for a reason, they're made of really low quality parts and sketchy builds.

Don't get a pistol, its for sissies. You need a man's gun.

Nice chart. Don't mind if I save it

Also, every fucking time I see that picture with the guy dressed as a teletubbie it looks like Todd Howard

A fist?
No, a penis!

The funny thing is in Commiefornia you need to be older to own a handgun than a rifle because you can conceal-carry handguns

Hi, OP. I know a bit about guns. here's the reality; there are three basic forms of guns/small arms - shotguns, handguns, and rifles.

Rifles have their place for end of the world planning, in which case you want an AKM or similar clone, and hunting. Forget .223, as it was designed to wound, not to kill. Get 6.5mm at a bare minimum. 7.62xwhatever is generally as good as it gets for most north american hunting purposes.
Rifles carry a bullet a long way with great accuracy, but in terms of economics, you are at the mercy of ammo manufacturers, and off the books traders. Your gun can only use the ammo chambers for that gun, and that is a limiting thing unlike-

Shotguns; the most versatile arm. They fire shells loaded with pellets called shot, or varying standardized sizes, or slugs, which can be cast at home. For hunting all the way into the 1930s 99% of all guns used were shotguns. It wasn't until the mid 30s that rifles began to gain ground, and not until the 50s that rifle sales really took off. Fuck .410s for anything. They can hardly take down a racoon beyond 10 yards. There just isn't enough powder to shot weight to do the job cleanly. The lowest caliber you want is a 20 bore, but 12 has more range, power, game options, and can be loaded down. If you load a 20 up to the maximum a standard 12 can bear, you'll rupture your breech. A simple pump action 12 gauge with a cylinder bore, and fiber wadded shells of the right power and shot/ball size can hunt anything on earth - even elephant for the new 3.5in mags.

handguns; this is the one you're really going to carry ifSHTF, not a rifle. The cops will kill people who open carry rifles because seriously - it's a fucking rifle in public.
Handguns fall into 2 groups; revolvers and semi-autos. The revolver will not jam, can hold a maximum of 6 rounds- 5 round magnums are common nowadays. But if something goes wrong, it goes very wrong. Broken springs, snapped parts, etc.

Semi-autos are the main deal. Do not buy a S&W. I had an MP in .40. Trigger was an unholy bitch, and ammo was expensive. The bad trigger was a substitute for a mechanical safety.
Berettas are okay, but I just don't like the falling hammer on safe.

The single best gun, for the lowest cost, is the Jimenez T380. It's cheaper than a hi-point by a little bit, and much more reliable. whereas a hi-point is plastic, the jimenez is a zinc/copper alloy with a steel barrel.

Seriously nigger? Zastava m88a and Makarovs (particularly the Bulgarian ones) can easily be found in the $200 range.

owned one before. the takedown is dumb and the trigger is garbage. the slide serrations are beautiful though in comparison to the FNS and Glock. I do not understand why gun companies can't make their slide serrations that quality .

of the three polymer handguns ( Glock, Smith & Wesson M&P, FNS) I would choose the Glock for concealed carry as the texture is not grippy and will not stick to clothing. the Smith & Wesson on the other hand has Superior slide serrations and a better grip angle then the Glock. the FNS has an extreme texture on the grip frame and as well has a flat trigger surface that really helps with accuracy as the Glock has a raised trigger and the M&P trigger is spongy as hell.

lmao enjoy shitty holsters kid

handguns require a lot more skill and finesse. anyone can shoot a rifle, but handguns are on a different leauge.

yah don't listen to this fool. you aren't shooting people with 40 grain .224 caliber varmint rounds. you should be using 62 grain SS109 5.56mm for killing. get m855a1 or m995 if you think you'll go against fags with rifle plates.
Yeah. Auto loading(semi/burst/auto), repeating action (pump/lever/cylinder/bolt), and single fire (break action/trap door/etc). within that there is rifled and unrifled firearms.

im not done with you.

go back to your containment board >>>/kennedi/

lel

r/guns might be more you speed Mr. Mallninja.

0/10 bait

this is how i know you dont carry your guns.

lel

If it was 0/10 why'd you reply?

I can smell the reddit. All that's missing is you jerking off some $2000+ AR with some nigger-tier optic attached
Please fuck off.

lmao

please show me where i said .223 was the best round fag.
a .30 caliber round would be great. i've seen some data on overpressured .300 blk rounds shooting 147 grains. heavy hard hitting round.

Quick thinking there, user. Can you actually prove the Makarov is a piece of shit?

god, you're boring and predictable. go talk to your gerbil about gunz.

Gee, really is getting more reddit in this thread by the moment.

No he can't because I doubt he's ever bothered picking up something he considers a peasants firearm.

considering you were pushing your "cheap" slavshit guns it would be reasonable to assume you'd go with the mil shit that came with the gun.
lmao DUDE 9X18 LMAO
SINGLE STACK

You can buy a quality double stack 9mm/.40 for 300+tax. eat shit. stop shopping at shitty gunstores buying slavshit marked up 100 dollars since they bought them in bulk for 75 dollars each.

please post more. i wanna laugh at stupid fags like you thinking you know shit.
nigger just because i dont follow your shit head thoughts doesn't make me a gayboy ar15 shill.

you seem to be projecting a lot. are you flustered poor slavcuck? aks fail in mud you know. bad. while the ar15 shines ahead ;^)

I'll be boxing up some of this asspain to enjoy later.

you should've just made this thread on /k/

This is why kids you don't talk about shit you don't know.

weakest deflection ever.
stay asshurt slavaboo jew.
the first one to sperg is the one who is upset. guess who that was laddie.
(you)

I'm not the guy who called .223 a wounding round but it is a piss-weak cartridge.
Just head back to reddit already.
Fuck off Alex.

He would get the same result. You ask /k/ usually someone says sig, someone says glock, this chart gets posted for the thousandth time, and someone usually recommends a budget gun. Fuck, even the M88 comes up in about half those threads. I blame the serb LARPing for that but I have owned one and they're decent shooters if you get used to the awkward tokarev grip and single-stack magazine.

Wow, you're right. I absolutely fuckin blew-up on you.

I'm amazed the mods aren't here to restrain with me posts of barely contained rage like this.
You still haven't even proven me wrong, reddit.

Kind of looks like you're the one having a meltdown here, lad.

I'm a shameless glockfag so I'd personally have to recommend the glock 19. A pretty reasonable $300-400 range pistol and getting extra mags is simple. I didn't really like the MP but I never actually bought one tbf, just fired it.
Keep in mind being accurate with a handgun is more difficult than it is with a rifle or carbine.

Kill yourself grendalfag

Holy shit, calm the fuck down nigger. Are you sure you aren't from reddit.

How is being cheap and durable enough to be used by niggers a meme?

S&W make iffy semi-autos. I just got a Sig SP 2022 for $375 last week

Xds9 for conceal

Alphamale here.

If you can't into basic boxing, you don't need a gun. If you can't into /fit/, you don't need a gun. If you can't into either of those things, it means you're getting a gun because you're a weak pussy. And weak pussies always shoot themselves or someone else on accident. So on behalf of us not weak pussies, please don't get a gun and go to the gym instead. And I don't mean one of those girly "Planet Fitness" centers with a "no judgement" zone, but a fucking gym with heavy weights and strong looking men.

t. alphamale

You wouldn't fuck with me.

Ruger P95
You can dry fire all day

go back to cuckchan and take your slavshit with you cuck.
you fagsshould be barred from ownership you plebs.

All men should ideally own 4 guns minimum.

A handgun: Handguns are precious for self protection when you can take a full size weapon. i'd recommend something in lieu to a Glock 19 or another compact in the common pistol cartridges. If you live in an area where cougar and bear attacks are likely you might want to consider a 10mm.

A medium-power cartridge semi-automatic "fighting" rifle: This is your main weapon. It should be something lightweight and effective up to 300m, like .223 or 7.62 soviet. The AR-15 is the ideal weapon, 223 with even with cast lead hollow points is a devastating round. 7.62 Soviet is good but might make marksmanship harder because of the general low quality of ammo in the market and it's rounder flight trajectory. If you live in California or Canada a SKS is a good alternative.

A shotgun: Shotguns are incredibly versatile weapons. They can be used for defence and for hunting from squirrels and birds to the largest game using slugs. You ideally want a good reliable 12 gauge shotgun, pump, semi-automatic, even manual loader shotguns are good as long they're reliable.

A full power, scoped bolt action rifle: This one is indispensable as well. It can serve both as a big game hunting and long distance defence tool. Ideally in .308 or some other full power cartridge is common in your particular country.

If you want even more weapons you can't go wrong with a revolver and a level action rifle chambered in the same caliber. Since they don't have automatic mechanisms or tight chamber specifications you can use a wide variety of bullets and loadings, with the additional advantage of using the same rounds for both your primary and secondary arm. A .22lr rifle, although less useful for defence it's an excellent weapon to train marksmanship on the cheap and gathering small game.

Why would anyone?
inb4 copypasta
are you retarded or retarded?

Go to /k/, post in >>476454

My inner kraut just woke up
Sexy as fuck

Hullo, newfag.
basically, some anons came up with a thread to name 'foreign' callibers

7.62 Soviet is a quite common name for 7.62x39. 7.62x54R is sometimes called 7.62 Russian.

Not that common, but yeah, only a retarded niggerfaggot wouldn't get that

just call it by it's normal name. you tacticool faggots are retarded coming up with stupid nicknames for everything

literally nobody calls it that

Shut the fuck up you unfunny fudd

A good first.
Once you have experience, you can buy cheaper ones from less well-known labels. There are a lot of cheap guns out there that one can only really bother with if you know what to do if it arrives fucked up. e.g. those really cheap CZ75 clones on Cheaper Than Dirt