Who else is still rocking one of these in the current year?

Who else is still rocking one of these in the current year?

Core2Duo ftw. It's not like games use more than one thread anyways.

Even with only one thread a recent processor is still faster.

Hush user, I'm pretending I'm still in 2005 wen I bought it.

Core2Quad Q9550 reporting in. Only going to upgrade when IME/PSP is vanquished or when a decent and trustworthy non-x86 architecture becomes viable. The former is starting to look likely with the progress on Sandy/Ivy Bridge cpus.

Q9550 bro

Honestly who needs more ?
just don't code with your feet

I don't say that hardware advancement shouldn't be made.
It should just be slowed down because software devs does not evolve has fast.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7600 @ 2.33GHz
Not gayming.
Not [email protected]/* */
Any software that needs more than muh merom isn't worth my time.

I have 5 of there in daily use.

Server at my house is an old HP SFF machine on which I upgraded to a Core 2 Quad q9550

Server at my parents' house is a core 2 extreme at I think 3 ghz

My gayming computer is a top of the line Xeon with the lga771/775 sticker mod and a hacked bios, 75 bucks on eBay for the cup. I only like older games anyway so no point in going to anything newer. Next machine will likely be AMD Zen if I even bother.

Core 2 duo Mac mini hooked up to my tv, 150 on eBay a few years ago, so I can shitpost and watch xbmc

Core 2 duo iMac in my garage

I did the comparison a while back and the latest i7 is like 35% faster.. This isn't 1997 anymore (pentium vs pentium II, huge jump) so even a midrange core 2 duo is still very usable.

Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4Ghz here. The only thing that stresses this old T500 Thinkpad is the stupid Mozilla Firefox.

Is there any alternative? Firefox basically unusable on some older hardware.

core2duo here

waiting for a low tdp mobile chip to give me 4x perf then i should be set for another 10 years

What version are you using ?
since 42+ their has being shit tons of improvement.

On what bloated javascript websites are you going one ?

What is that anime?
I need that anime!

sailor moon fag

Thanks, fellow japanesophile!

Thanks, for the insight.

On a 2GB RAM machine firefox regularly uses 1.2 GB, leaving none left. What a bloated piece of garbage.

Q6600 (1.6GHz Core 2 Quad), bought it at an open-air scrapyard for $10 on a lark, it was literally sitting loose in a heap of others on a bare shelf. Cleaned off the old grease, spread on new, plugged into an ancient Dell I got free from Mom's job and it's worked perfectly.

I guess CPUs can sometimes take a lot of ESD without issue.

My story is similar to yours. I was at a random garage sale two years ago, and found a $30 machine with a Q9450 2.6Ghz cpu. I couldn't believe my luck, considering that processor will still go for $45-50 on ebay by itself.

Still running an Athlon here. Fuck Intel.

Chromium on 1GB works great here, even better since they reduced mem usage by 30% in version 55.

I've got one but the capacitors are fucked on the motherboard..

C2D/C2Q systems are still usable for real world use in (CURRENT YEAR). Plus, you can pick a system with them up for next to nothing.

Oh and a couple of old thinkpads with broken power connectors.

High end gaming is also still possible on a C2Q. I was able to run Battlefield 1 on Medium settings quite comfortably. It's a great budget cpu.

maybe they're okay to get in a used rig, but they're insanely overpriced if you try to get one on its own.

I run a Core 2 Extreme QX6700. Bought a used one for $100. I ran a E6400 before current. Unfortunately performance is dropping faster as years go by. Newest games run ~30fps at medium.

I have uMatrix and uBlock so it stops JS bullshit. I also upped RAM to 8GB so that is not an issue. Last time I had lagging like that was back in Win XP days. Its not really that bad, but definitely noticeable.

q6600 here

I'm using a palm pilot. What do I win?

Permanent virginity...

$30 cash, and a tanko digital sports watch.

[email protected]/* */:~$ screenfetch && figlet WORKS ON MY MACHINE
_,met$$$$$gg. [email protected]/* */
,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P. OS: Debian 8.6 jessie
,g$$P"" """Y$$.". Kernel: x86_64 Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64
,$$P' `$$$. Uptime: 1d 3h 4m
',$$P ,ggs. `$$b: Packages: 1994
`d$$' ,$P"' . $$$ Shell: bash 4.3.30
$$P d$' , $$P Resolution: 1280x800
$$: $$. - ,d$$' DE: LXDE lxpanel 0.7.2
$$\; Y$b._ _,d$P' WM: OpenBox
Y$$. `.`"Y$$$$P"' WM Theme: Nightmare
`$$b "-.__ GTK Theme: HighContrast [GTK2], Not Found [GTK3]
`Y$$ Icon Theme: oxygen
`Y$$. Font: Sans 10
`$$b. CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.267GHz
`Y$$b. RAM: 934MB / 3860MB
`"Y$b._
`""""

_ _ __ _ _ _
\ \ / / _ \| _ \| |/ / ___| / _ \| \ | | | \/ \ \ / /
\ \ /\ / / | | | |_) | ' /\___ \ | | | | \| | | |\/| |\ V /
\ V V /| |_| | _ :~$

I am but it's an i7 and it has 4 cores

I don't even watch island gook cartoons and knew that was Sailor Moon.
Anyone that watches chink media needs to be shot and the nips need a few more nukes. Only pedophiles and homos watch that garbage.

good post

Core2 duo p9400 in my laptop, it's a nice little CPU.

Not the user you are replying to but fuck it I am switching. I am trying to run faggot fox on a 2GB machine and the memory usage is retarded.

Trying to breathe life back into my q9550... It's sad my extreme i7 990X has less L2 cache than my processor from 2008...

Oh well time to bake a desktop motherboard because fuck it why not try and reflow.

I was using a Core2Duo until a year ago. Upgraded to a Xeon X5677, it was actually quite a large upgrade even in single threaded performance, even before overclocking.

Oh and that X5677 is fucking almost seven years old... don't see any reason to get anything newer.

No, but I do have a 7-year-old first-gen i5 760 overclocked to 3.5ghz. Does me well even with its age.

using two at the moment:
Q6600 in desktop and P9700 in a thinkpad t400
nothing to complain about

Running an intel 4770HQ, is there anything I can do other than not installing intel-microcode?

Running ElementaryOS Loki.

Q9550 reporting in!