Microsoft went full retard

github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/16131
Is this a real world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XNPCnkSUPYc
github.com/Microsoft/vscode/commit/c082cc53a1e6b964f992224c4ea153a3c49a36df
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay so...

We are complaining that opting out of telemetry actually opts out?
Or are we mad that it actually sends a "user has opted out" message?

I'm confused, what is it exactly we're supposed to be upset about?

Did you even read your own screenshot?

faggot

That's the issue. When you opt out of sending data it should not be sending any data period.

Wait so

I actually respect pajeetsoft for this. A company like them takes a big risk going open, both because of how much work it is to adapt their business and how because they'll get a hostile audience due to years of MS bashing (which admittedly they deserved). I think they handled this pretty well. Once source was open, the users reviewed it, found an undesirable freedom-harming feature, and removed it. The system works.

It's also nice to see an OSS maintainer actually listen to user input instead of immediately going defensive because their amazing vision of the perfect program has been challenged by some user pleb, which is what most devs do in my experience.

Stop being an apologist cuck. M$ is as bad as always. Windows 10 is proof enough of that.

And that's the same company that hired Brian Fagioli.
Do MS only hire people with funny names or something?

If Microsoft considers it appropriate to still send data (even if it is just "lol, no data here") when the user has turned off telemetry you have to wonder how many more Microsoft products are pozzed like this. VSCode is simply the one that got caught.

If you see an ant in your home you don't just squash it and call it a day, because if there is one ant you have spotted it means there are even more ants you are not seeing.

Did you read nigger?

You're a stupid fucking nigger. It didn't do anything. You really care so much about those ~dozen bytes of data?

Are you under the impression that people dislike telemetry for bandwidth reasons?

That is what it sounds like.

They dislike it because it hurts their privacy.

I don't want Microsoft to know these things unless I tell them. It's none of their business that I'm using their editor and started it at 11:23 on 2 december 2016 with 142.23.211.188 as my public IP address. It's not a disaster if they know but it makes me uncomfortable, especially if it happens automatically.

I'm glad they'll remove it. Metadata matters.

But that's exactly what I do.

Meanwhile at Microsoft,

youtube.com/watch?v=XNPCnkSUPYc

The issue is not about "I found a bug in telemetry, please fix it".
The issue is about the total absurdistic and definenetely malicious behavior of Microsoft's programs, even the open source ones! You need to be either 1) complete retard 2) paid to spy for the users or both, if you don't understand why program with disabled telemetry shouldn't ever ever send anything to the telemetry servers.
And I tend to think it was made intentionally. Sure, they disabled it once somebody complained in the bugtracker (otherwise they could be in big troubles), but consider:
1) For how long time this malicious behavior was active? They've already colleted a lot of personal information. IPs, telemetry state, time when you use your editor, etc. is highly private and personal information.
2) Can you be sure where is no similar "underthought" behavior in other program areas? You surely can't trust company and devs which show such sinful ignorance in terms of user's privacy.

Are those Steve Ballmer's illegitimate sons?

This. Microsoft's culture is rotten to the core. Praising Microsoft for fixing the leak like praising a thief for giving back what he stole after he got caught. He will still keep stealing as long as he can get away without getting caught, and in the same way Microsoft is going to keep spying where they can get away with it.

I wasn't praising them. I just said I was glad they'll remove it. I wouldn't praise a thief for giving back what he stole, but I would be glad he did.

No U

could you show us where in the source code where they did that ?

Gladly.
github.com/Microsoft/vscode/commit/c082cc53a1e6b964f992224c4ea153a3c49a36df

Isn't young Steve in green shirt there?