So, hey, Holla Forums...

So, hey, Holla Forums. I'd like to compile a list of fiction with interesting and strong female characters without the SJW horseshit commonly associated with it these days…science fiction, fantasy, comics, etc. But I would really like to recommend some good nerdy shit to a friend's neice who's a great kid but doesn't feel like she can get into this preachy crap. Can any of you help a Holla Forumsro out?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/33962948-perilous-waif
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What kind of fiction? I like Gloria in the Beautiful and Damned by Fitzgerald. She isn't strong in the wonderwoman sense of the word but she is human and relatable to me, a man. Maybe it's a litttle adult for her. I dunno many strong female characters tbh in fiction that aren't feminazi caricatures.

Anime.

I'm looking chiefly for something that a kid reading at an eighth grave level thereabouts can get into. By strength I'm primarily referring to well written and interesting characters. Superhero strong is one thing, but they don't neccessarily have to be. For example I really like the character of Valavirgillin in the Ringworld novels, who is instrumental in building a trade empire for the machine people and also one of the bravest explorers in the series.

bumping thread

Nobody has any suggestions then?

kinda drunk and can't entirely think straight

but i think the Empire trilogy (second saga from the Riftwar by Raymond E Feist) features some shit in which a female comes out on top, plus it started in 1988 before the sjw shit

Neat. I was born in 1988.

Underage b8s get out reeee

Do you even math? I'm 28 you faggot.

pfffft 12 and 28 are like the same thing.

This is pure space opera not hard sci fi but fun to read.
goodreads.com/book/show/33962948-perilous-waif

Only fiction I read is Lovecraft but Little With Academia is a good anime for little girls

I really liked DC's 2011 Supergirl comic series. Most Supergirl comics, at least since the '90s, are a confusing mess and a kid could never understand them, but this one fixed that. It also got by chiefly on the charisma and likability of the main character, rather than just the plot. One of the better examples of writing for female characters in comics, I'd say. I've read the ones that are collected in Vol. 1-5, but by Vol 5 it starts to get into a lot of crossovers and a kid might have a harder time keeping up.

The 2011 Wonder Woman series was also great for pissing off SJWs, even though it wasn't like it was overly political. They got mad because the story acknowledged that the Amazons were sexist (in banning men from the island). But really it's just awesome Greek Mythology stuff. However, it does get pretty dark with the tone, and fairly gruesome with the violence in some parts, so if the kid is very young, it might not be perfect. The stuff I'm talking about is collected in Wonder Woman Vol. 1-6. But there are actually a few collections that number their volumes like that, so check for the writer Brian Azzarello. His entire run makes one story and it doesn't have any crossovers to make it hard to understand.

I'm pretty iffy on DC at this point. In some ways they're as bad as Marvel, but I'll check those out.

I'll also check out these. Thanks folks! Any other suggestions are welcome, especially in the realm of fantasy and scifi.

Neuromancer.

for a young teen, sure, but what about younger?

It's for pretty young kids but the whole Oz series is pretty good.

the what now?

Jennifer Government is good science fiction and Jennifer is both strong and relatable. its set in the near future where everyone's last name is the mega corp that they work for and the government is going bankrupt… its like an an-caps wet dream.

Why you want a strong female character?

Are you trying to make your step daughter to read?

Claymore is a fairly decent anime. As far as i can tell the whole plot is basically an allegory for strength of character, so it might be what you want.

If she is under age 10 I'll take her off your hands. Since you shall likely deny that offer and I'm not the most convinced of the little harlot's value… Her inferior brain will be unable to comprehend it, but Ringing Cedars of Russia is a nice series guaranteed to turn any sensible person into a shining hippy/nazi bundle of joy.

I liked heir apparent

Wizard of Oz… Follow the yellow (color of the intellect) brick road… It's a cryptic message by the Illuminati on how to achieve oneness with your incarnations for ultimate realization on The Path.

a friend's niece, actually, and yes, I'd like to get the kid reading some good fiction. She's smart and has a good sense of imagination, and I'd like to help keep that grounded in reality instead of in victim complexes.

that sounds…insane and retarded.

Not really intending to redpill the kid. I hope to give her the faculties to redpill herself later on down the line. But I'll keep that title in mind.

I have heard a lot of good things about that one, but haven't even seen it myself yet. I should probably get on that.

I had a hard time with Foundation as a kid because there isn't a main character to follow and I was expecting one. It really threw me through a loop when I realized that I didn't care about any of these characters because they had all subverted my expectation of any of them being central to the story.

I appreciated them a lot more when I came back to them as an adult.

my first run at the first book was when I was about 10. I had a hard time with it because of the pacing. I took another run at it when I was 13 and voraciously devoured whatever of the rest of the series I could get my mitts on. Not sure why.

bamping