55 years and no show has come close to topping this

How?

K-On! topped it.

When are they going to make a K-on! series about the girls as 30 or 40 year old women?

It was a show that got together a lot of good writers. It was a time in which pulp magazines were dying off, and all these people that got their start in this medium moved on to television. You still got to see that for decades while they still did anthologies. Now, everything is by committee. Everything is an echo chamber. You know how you make a good TV show or movie? You get an exec that doesn't know what the fuck works, and takes risks with low budget things. That is how you turn around media. Risks with small low to no budget shit, and about every 10th thing will pay for everything else while making a profit. Now everything is focus groups.

So what you're saying is that if a rich guy were to gather a bunch of short story writers from around the web and produce an anthology web series it could be pretty dope?

I'm not saying it would make money in this day. Twilight Zone was a show back in a time when by law there were only three possible channels. What I am saying that a group of creators that wanted to put together an Internet anthology could make something great, although…low budget. You have the get people that want to work for food unfortunately.

Serling was always the coolest motherfucker in the room, those walk ins, goddamn, this guy fucked

my favorite is the episode where a character wakes up and it seems like there's something a little off about the world, and then it ends in a big reveal that turns everything upside down

wait, that's every episode

t. user who has watched two episodes of the Twilight Zone

wrong. I've seen at least five.

So spacecop?

Because they had real, actual writers dedicated to their craft and not hack shit chuckle fucks like today. Nepotism sucks, and (((Hollywood))) is rife with it.

If you picked some high profile short story writers of this day, chances are you'd get stuff about a tranny nigger struggling with acquiring AIDS.

Seriously, look at the submission guidelines for modern genre fiction anthologies and you'll see something about "underrepresented perspectives" or whatever as often as not

(((Serling)))

They don't seem to even bother with that much. The writer not being a white males seems enough to pick stories for collaborations.

Outer Limits was always better. And that includes its kino '90s revival series.

Every time. It's almost like it's just one guy with really shit taste spewing terrible opinions all over the board. I bet you love the prequels and Batman v Superman as well, don't you?

That describes almost none of the Twilight Zone episdes I've seen, to be honest.

Found the pleb.

It's a great show. So old yet still gives me the creeps or makes me feel good. Really good, timeless. Although the holohoax episode was gay.

isn't that basically black mirror?

don't use high profile jerkoffs who sit enshrouded in their egos, use people who actually respect the craft. that's why the old show worked so well and why the reboots failed.

outer limits is purely scifi, whereas twilight zone jumps between a few genres. try harder nigger.

TFTDS was good too.

and Monsters

80s Twilight Zone was quite kino, and maybe more consistent than the original, which actually suffered from a lot of kinda shit episodes mixed in

Oh I remember this one. It was really good at horror to the point where I would argue its better than most modern American horror movies. That and the other types of genres it covered it was very well done.

That was my first exposure to the Outerlimits. And it was truly kino.

Tales from the Darkside is still my favorite horror anthology series.