Milo Murphy's Law

From the creators of Phineas and Ferb

I can already see the ince/ss/t art (the blonde woman is his mother I think)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!xZ9i2ABa!kqCW_6IvPpBhJX3ykwZdzpO3SwSVfv2C00_qDquaO9w
deadline.com/2016/02/weird-al-yankovic-cast-voice-milo-murphys-law-disney-xd-1201696262/
mega.nz/#!stdHiYKa!c7ytq0h321OGIOtlKP3Al39ZEWmAIoPD400SRIwSKjQ
animationmagazine.net/tv/upholding-the-law
mega.nz/#!vQ13VYhL!oa78vyglPB_WbgsDnd-ILtizkxaLexiOQXe-DYdoxcY
mega.nz/#F!0UAimbKZ!nR9nhy5WlZn0jN1mb7tpvw
mega.nz/#!48EBkbRL!oWtGOOZFLmiIym0Aua3b8l9qlWTmqzxkK2-AJQ8KY9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think she might just be another kid, she's in kid pjs at the 0:16 mark. She also has a four leaf clover in her hair and seems to either not be in peril with the others, or more prepared for things (like the brief shot of her in a hazmat suit). So maybe she has good luck while Murphy has bad?

I'm not sure how I feel about Weird Al Yankovic doing the voice. It just doesn't match for some reason.

It's hard to imagine someone else sounding more excited to be put in eternal hell

How come redhead girls that don't turn out to be trannies are so rare nowadays?

Looks horrid

he's gay, isn't he?

yeah, he gay. No, putting on a Weird Al attire won't make you silly gay, you're still a homo

What was the appeal of Phineas and Ferb anyway? I know it's a kids cartoon, but whenever I stumble upon it while flicking channels it's either unnatural dialogue, their sister freaking out, a musical number, colours that are way too bright and girl scouts.

Vid related is a better use of Weird Al in a better cartoon.

This is like Dipper's voice. But even worse.

Could he at least TRY to speak like a kid?

This is the problem with casting Weird Al to be a voice actor, he can only do one voice and that's Weird Al.

So he's good for guest spots but not a lead role.

it was the only animated show on Disney Channel, so it's not like kids had any other options

that hurt more than it should have

Phineas and Ferb is designed for children and parents/babysitters/guardians to watch together.
For that, it's perfect.

I mostly watch for Doofenshmirtz.

He's very relatable.

That doesn't bother me as much as Weird Al is
a big deal, and that if he leaves the project is over.

Phineas' VA could do Milo just as well, and Weird Al could
pop in as a regular guest/guru/spirit animal, it would be more
fun that way.

I too have an animal spy nemesis that continuously foils my evil plans. Feels good to have a character that really speaks to me and my struggles.

Yeah, I know how that feels.
Completely relatable.

Same

Then why don't you go and create Anonymous Anti-villains?

First episode has been released, and someone was kind enough to upload it.

mega.nz/#!xZ9i2ABa!kqCW_6IvPpBhJX3ykwZdzpO3SwSVfv2C00_qDquaO9w

this show's concept would have been better as just a short rather than an entire show. I dont know how they're gonna keep this up for however many episodes.

are they shipping the hot red head with the black guy?

No

You could say the same about P&F tho

I've always liked zero G in a cartoon.

>>>Holla Forums

Wasn't it just a Dexter's lab ripoff?

Mixed with FoP, maybe

Not really. Some vague similarities but it's really its own thing.

well at least it has a good intro.

As pointed out, the show's premise works a lot better as a short than an actual series. Plus you know everything is gonna be fine in the end because it's clear everybody knows that Milo makes it out okay after each adventure.

Black kid is generic token guy thrown in there for the sake of diversity, Al's voice is pretty terrible as he comes off as trying too hard to sound young and Melissa kinda reminds me a Wheadon character i.e a snarky smug smartass, which is never a good thing.

I did like the Underground society, shame they didn't do more with them.

Also I hate how the dog is a blatant Deus Ex Machina.

Diogee sounds a lot like Diogenes

Only Time Lords should so smugly known the future.
Maybe Mellissa is a precog.

It begins

Was this made by the same guy who drew PnF art in the other thread?

No this looks like Splooge's work to me.

So, licorice is a running gag now?

Will Bowling for soup still be around?

I didn't know they still made music.

They worked for Phineas and Ferb music

didn't know that thanks user.

i want to fug the ginger
post lewds of the ginger
thanks

Yes, we need lewds of Mellissa's garden.

What's up with the numbers?

(allahu akbar'd)
They're supposed to be a countdown till the show airs on TV.

Yeah, it's a countdown.
I like how thirteen is doing Melissa.

Is it truly Murphy's Law when he makes his way out of these situations unscathed?

What that user is saying is the whole point of Phineas and Ferb is that it was incredibly formulaic. Part of the humor would how give episode would find a way to put a spin on the ritual of what happens every single episode. It would also get incredibly meta from time to time.

So complaining that this new show looks like it might become a bit predictable invites an obvious "no shit, did you fucking watch Phineas and Ferb?". They've even have characters making meta observations and it's only been the first episode.

For what it's worth though the premise doesn't seem to be too formulaic. The core premise of "Milo has something unfortunate happen which whisks him and whoever of the supporting cast happens to be with him at the time on an adventure" still leaves tonnes of room for what kind of adventure he is going to have.

Also as a side note the writers have also shown that they're willing to play with your expectations regarding Milo's bad luck as well, hence that Bee Hive bit.

Milo could be a regular Time Lord, adventure wise.

Gay and the chick is BLACKED, calling it.

He's learned to adapt to any situation

The rest of the cast includes Slater (Mr. Robot) as Elliot Decker, a school crossing guard and Milo’s foe; Williams (Desperate Housewives) as Zack’s mom Eileen Underwood; Chalke (Scrubs) as science teacher Mrs. Murawski; Clement (Flight Of The Conchords) as popular television show character Dr. Zone; Mackenzie Phillips (One Day At A Time) as Principal Milder; Chrissie Fit (Teen Beach Movie) as classmate Amanda Lopez; Martella (Phineas And Ferb) as classmate Bradley Nicholson; Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) as Milo’s dad Martin Murphy; Pamela Adlon (Californication) as Milo’s mom Brigette Murphy; Kate Micucci (When In Rome) as Milo’s sister Sara Murphy; Dee Bradley Baker (Phineas And Ferb) as Milo’s dog Diogee; Gregory Michael Cipes (Ultimate Spider-Man) as classmate Mort Schaeffer; Michael Culross (Phineas And Ferb) as high school teacher Kyle Drako and Kevin Michael Richardson (The 7D) as Coach Nolan Mitchell.

deadline.com/2016/02/weird-al-yankovic-cast-voice-milo-murphys-law-disney-xd-1201696262/

Yeah I deleted that post after googling her name and finding confirmation that she was actually his sister.

Still, the clover does make me think she might have a "good luck counterpart" thing going. So I'm wondering if there is going to be this idea that they inherited bad luck from their father and good luck from their mother. With mainly the idea that Milo has bad luck which gets him into situations but good luck that helps get him out them.

Of course it's also possible that she's just also unlucky and just wears the clover as it helps her deal with it.

I'm so tired of interracial couples, and they are always the same now. Attractive white girl with ethnic guy.

Steven Universe & Connie
Lincoln Loud & Ronnie Anne

Steven sure doesn't look white

First episode finally aired. For some reason they didn't air the Underground episode. Instead we got an egg drop test episode. With the teacher getting weird about her desk and wood.

Fortunately some kind user recorded and uploaded it.

mega.nz/#!stdHiYKa!c7ytq0h321OGIOtlKP3Al39ZEWmAIoPD400SRIwSKjQ

The black kid and MC are actually gay for each other and the chick is actually trans, even more progressive!

Wow, 2 out of 400.

What else could be be? (besides mixed Gem-American. Gemerican?)

geddit?

I can see that happening.

Jewish fat alien

Why does she look like Anita?

Maybe the nose? She doesn't resemble her that much.

thicc

Does Melissa Chase have some sort of good luck countering Milo's bad luck?
So far she hasn't got any broken bones or serious injuries.

Sure why not.

RAggle Fraggle!

I'm somewhat surprised that Melissa is only like 13 years old.

animationmagazine.net/tv/upholding-the-law

Who wants to bet since time travel appears to show up a lot, Milo will someday meet Edward A. Murphy Jr.?

Why doesn't he kill himself? All he does is spread misery and destruction

Because all his suicide attempts fail.

You make Hulk sad.

black kid is actually the audience surrogate.
The new kid who arrives in a place unknown.

Guy, love interest and black best friend is a typical setting.

There is the Groundhog Day theory, where whenever he dies, he wakes up on the same day to retry until he makes it through it.

So he had a lot of trials and errors and what we are basically seeing is him on the last day.

The creators actually announced somewhere, that they want to make arcs.

Now I don't know where that is supposed to happen in MML, but the B-plot characters were not properly introduced yet.

Could be worse. She could be lesbian.

Only ships so far are Bradley's one sided crush on Melissa and Mrs. Murawski and her desk (and Melissa's pencil)

That would be literally life in hell.

Goodbye ratings!

Melissa always knows Milo's future, so is she a precog or a time traveller?

How is it still intact

In age of AT and GF and Netflix, what did you expect? It makes children's cartoons seem more "ambitious" and "replayable".

Well he did wake up with a tree having crashed through his window.

Time-travelling and pistachios will play a huge role in the B-Plot.

The ratings for the first 4 episodes were abysmal.
Granted, it's Disney XD, but the price-performance ratio is way below, it may not even get a second season.

There are actually hints that point towards it.

On episode 3, when he gets carried by the crowd, he hits his head on the bent goalposts, commenting "I forgot about that".

And on episode 4 he pockets an egg for apparently no reason at all.

Wouldn't be the first time a Disney cartoon with established creators severely underperformed.

I hope they show this is totally true at some point.

What a surprise.

Any links to the new ep?

mega.nz/#!vQ13VYhL!oa78vyglPB_WbgsDnd-ILtizkxaLexiOQXe-DYdoxcY

Those tickets would have been in a little baggie stapled to my underwear.

Thank you!

Dr Zone episode was cringe-worthy. I really hope they don't intend on forcing this show-within-a-show.

Also

And I know I'm over-analysing this. But would it really have been that hard for Milo to just hand in the rest of papers and say "I lost the signature part because I'm me, the rest of the papers plus Melissa's photos should be substantial evidence until I can get another signature"?

Seems Disney is fucking around with scheduling again. No episode on Monday but there is a new one on Wednesday and another Thursday on the Disney Channel rather than Disney XD.

They must be thinking "well who the fuck watches live anymore?"

New episode is anyone cares.

mega.nz/#F!0UAimbKZ!nR9nhy5WlZn0jN1mb7tpvw

DISNEY YES

Thank you kind user.

Here you go user. The next episode also aired.

mega.nz/#!48EBkbRL!oWtGOOZFLmiIym0Aua3b8l9qlWTmqzxkK2-AJQ8KY9M

the show is growing on me I like it a lot.

Melissa wanting him is too cliché

The cowgirl's Milo's cousin right?

Melissa wanting him is too cliché

The cowgirl's Milo's cousin right?

Calamity Jane and the original Murphy must be related somehow.

…What's wrong with her?

Guess Milo really does live a few blocks away from Phineas and Ferb

Brain damage

pic related

unf

that's stretching the euphemism a bit

I want to impregnate Melissa.

How many times?

Many times.