Hey Holla Forums, for every pair of headphones I get, the left headphone suddenly stops working. Why...

Hey Holla Forums, for every pair of headphones I get, the left headphone suddenly stops working. Why, and how can I fix/prevent this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-kJ7sN16qw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wiring issues
Learn to solder

get your ears checked OP

They use the cheapest wiring possible. So do as the guy above suggested or stop buying shit.
I used to buy new cheap headphones all the time until I purchased one that isn't complete crap (AD700). Had it for 4 years or so now and it works perfectly well.

shamefur

That's a pretty old picture

stop sweating acid

If you keep breaking your headphones, try a model aimed at the professional market. They are usually much more robust.

Examples
Sony MDR-V6
Sony MDR 7506
Beyer Dynamic DT-250
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Audio Technica ATH-M40
These all share a similar design for a reason.

How thick are the cables, OP? Many newer models have thin cords and terminals to fit smartphones. Try one with a coiled cable.

This
I have 6 year old HD598s and I've abused the shit out of them and the cable but the sound's as clear as the day I got them.

All of my headphone cables have been about this thick.

My earmuffs have an audio jack so the entire cable is detachable. Very nice, if it ever breaks (I think the most common failure is when the cable breaks from bending just after the little rubber spring) I can just buy a new cable. I can't believe this is not standard in bigger headphones.

I recently bought a pair of Sony MDRZX310AP noise-canceling headphones. Given how recently I bought I can't say whether or not they will last in a couple of months or years, but so far I've really been impressed, they sound amazing.

The thickness of the cable just makes it more likely that it breaks.
This is why high-end headphones come with detachable cables. You can replace them, buy thicker ones and they detach automatically if accidentally trip.

Do you want to go deaf? Always buy open headphones, unless you are a dj or something. Closed headphones put way too much pressure on your eardrums.

There are also corded audio cables, see left pic.

I foam modded the HD558. It sounds almost like the 598 for half the price.
youtube.com/watch?v=k-kJ7sN16qw

6,3 you faggot

558 are 110 while 598 are 150 and sound a lot better

Not with the foam mod. Also, the 598 used to be a lot more expensive. I think i paid $170 for my HD558 years ago and the HD598 was at least twice as much. I think one of the reasons why the price of the 598 has come down so much is because people started foammodding the 558 instead of buying the more expensive 598.

The point i was trying to make is that the 598 was twice the price of the 558, but after the foam mod the sound was very close, it certainly didn't sound "twice as good", so the 558 was a better deal. More bang for the buck.

Do you own both? No? Thought so.

Durrrrrr. Have you listened to a foam modded HD558? No? Thought so.
I do not own both of them, but i have listened to the 598 on numerous occasions.
All i am saying is that the foam modded HD558 is a lot closer to the HD598 than an unmodded one.

Yes I own one
Pretty obvious from your posts

Nice quads sir. Not that user but I have a 4 year old Philips headphones. What should I buy next? All the leather on it has crumbled away.

Read the whole post you illiterate nigger.

The whole reason behind doing a foam mod is so that you don't have to buy a 598. You wouldn't have bought a 558 if you had already owned a 598 and you wouldn't have upgraded from a 558 to a 598, you would have gotten something like a 600 or 650.

Just buy a new pair of ear cushions. I change mine every 18month.

Oh so you're poor and deaf

dont tell me what you use them for and what your budget is or anything

I'm so embarrassed.

How do you prevent that problem where you have to twist where a 1/4 or 1/8 connection is made, to temporarily fix a problem where sound cuts out on one ear or the other, or becomes "thin" sounding? I've had this with many headphones and it's not so common where it plugs into the soundcard, but is very common after a few months if using an extension cable where the headphone cable itself meets the extension. Gold plated blah blah but this always happens. Anything that can make the electrical connection more reliable? It's not that the cable is faulty, but more that where the conductors touch it just doesn't conduct that well due to corrosion or whatnot

Even though there's no visible corrosion this always becomes a problem and just touching it fixes it (for awhile)

Recommend me some earbuds

I'm not even the user you're talking to.
Go back to /g/ where you can boast about how muvh money you have in Apple threads.

I use them for homosexual males and my price range is about $20-30.
I am poor as fuck, living in shithole