Underrated Masterpiece

Prove me wrong.

No.

The fans would argue it isn't anything like Final Fantasy. Underrated status maintained.

but it's not a Final Fantasy movie

It got hate because it was years ahead of jew ran CG animation studios like Dreamworks and Pixar in quality, writing, and maturity. Fans didn't like it because it wasn't about some fag with a giant sword summoning big titty Indian deities. General audiences ignored it because it was barely promoted due to again being outside the jew industry.

Saw this in the theater with a friend as a teen. Remember the audience being full of middle aged and older looking people.

no it is shit.
unlike advent children which is kino.

ff7 is stupid. ff9 is the best one.

Which is the one with the big tittied rabbit woman?

Bugs Bunny v Mickey Mouse: Dawn of Justice

12 and some spinoffs of it.

Bane?

The fucking nips predicted that the twin towers wouldn't be there anymore. Also movie was mediocre.

It's hated because it's an animated movie which is not comedic and/or for children the way most animated movies are.

The audiences that go to movie theaters generally seems a bit older and less receptive to a 'serious' animated movie that isn't meant to call back to some sense of child like wonder.

it was one of my favorite movies. But what always happens, they had a good idea for an movie but they tried to shill it up under a known ip - when it had nothing to do with it. People dont like to get rused.

hollywood is too afraid of a flop to stop.
Bright side is that soundtrack was nice. Was dead space a thing back then? i feel like you could slide it into that universe easier than FF

Dead space wasn't a thing for half a decade after Spirits Within.

The problem I personally see every time I watch the movie is they wanted to merge Western and Eastern way of story telling.

All that spiritual talk about, well, spirits and Gaia and what not combined with a romance and a holy-shit-we-got-to-save-the-world/humanity plot didn't seem to sit well at least with Western audiences.
Also, audiences didn't get their happily-ever-after-happy ending.

How was Spirits within received in Japan, anyways?

To this day I get serious feels every time I watch the movie.

Wat did they mean by this?

Oh shit.
I JUST REMEMBERED

I watched this as a kid and I always wondered what that movie was with the ending where a woman sits on a platform and an eagle flies in the sky.

I could not, for the life of me, remember the movie and googling "movie ending woman eagle sky" did not return anything.

Thanks youtube music vid poster and OP.

Dead Space wasn't a thing, but System Shock was. Dead Space was going to be the third System Shock initially.

That explains the similarities.

great movie, should never have had the final fantasy title in it since it's literally ff in name only.

yeah, seems like eastern hero movies enjoy killing all the heros by the end. This one they tried to end like a horror movie. It hit all the focus tested interest bullet points, but you cant just mash all that together and expect a hit. Alot of the humor was forced, and i never got immersed. i was always painfully aware i was watching a voice over of stilted cgi interactions.

So they made the perfect film for autistic weebs and no one else. Still, i would have liked to see more of this universe, or play a game based on it. we could have gotten way more quality r34 out of it

The biggest flaw was calling it Final Fantasy when it looked nothing like the games.