9001. ed

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/neovim/neovim/wiki/Related-projects
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEdit
ti99.com/exelvision/website/index.php?page=axel
kate-editor.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_SemWare_Editor#Timeline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atom.io would be great if only it weren't written in JS and slow as crap.
Nano is the true masterrace, everything else is just autism.

I like GNU Emacs.

Are vim plugins compatible with neovim's?

nano is for people who put operator brackets on the new line after 'for'

just downloaded VsCode, holy fuck it is amazing. I've been using PyCharm and it's so fucking god damn slow, VsCode is buttery smooth and the default color scheme is nice.

For the most part. Neovim has removed some features that are either ancient and no one uses them anymore, or features that should never have been coupled to the core of the editor in the first place and no one should be using them either. If a plugin is written in a language other than VimScript (the plugin readme says something along the lines of "you need Vim compiled with Python support") you will need a language host for it (part of the decoupling process was moving language support out of the editor). Python is fully supported and that's what 90% of plugins use anyway, so you should be good to go. I don't know what the state of the other languages is though. See the API clients here:
github.com/neovim/neovim/wiki/Related-projects

No need to repeat what user said.

right

slip in emacs at 2.5. Superior editor compared to vim with shitty default keybinds.

Why?

VsCode is a text editor that has fucking telemetry.
Atom.io is written in Javascript.
Nano shouldn't be that low.
Where is Emacs?
Did you even try?

Call me when they have rewritten it in Guile.

Clearly you have never used it
5/10 for making me reply

Ed *is* the standard editor

kys

What's wrong with plain old notepad?

1. notepad.exe
2. nano
3. emacs

I'm not seeing joe in that list.

I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.

they have, it's just not ready for mainlining or something

No option to support Unix line endings

Is there a GUI editor like Notepad++ for LInux?

I find it comfy and it does everything I need. I know vim is superior and I'm a pleb, but I hate having to memorize the commands. I prefer to use hotkeys for a handful of things and just go searching through menus for everything else.

Also OP is a fag as usual.

Btw, fun fact about Atom: You can't disable remembering last session on Launch because literally the devs personally don't like it. Only solution for years is to symlink the session data file to /dev/null. The hackable text editor of the 21st century! I wish I could stop using it but Markdown-Preview-Plus is very good.

All jokes aside, vim is the bestest editor.

for (int i = 0; i < object_count; i++){ if (objects[i].effectsApplied == 0) { if (obj_has_effect(objects[i])) { // YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS int object_effect_count = obj_count_effects(objects[i]); for (int j = 0; j < object_effect_count; j++) { // WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT? obj_apply_effect(objects[i].effects[j]); } } } obj_prepare_render(objects[i]);}

You can try this one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEdit

lol

Emacs does things no other editor can.

Vim has a better editing "language", but you can get that on Emacs. Consider how many people use Spacemacs or similar - it says something about vim's keybindings, but also something about Emacs' power, which is so large that people would rather port Vim's features to Emacs.

Babbie's first EDIT.COM

I just use the (n)vi that comes with OpenBSD.
My first computer was simple one in the 80's, with simple text editor, to write simple software in BASIC and Z80 asm. I don't like the way computers and OS turned out, it's a big mess. I don't even like the applications and games like you find on Windows. Would rather be using old machine again, but I have only cheap laptop you can find in local store today.
Pic is cool old CP/M computer. Had options for hard disk, modem, network card. And it looks like a dream!
ti99.com/exelvision/website/index.php?page=axel

Are you high?

Real power ranking:

1. sam and ed
2. Acme and all the Emacsen
3. Vim and NeoVim
4. Vi
[Extreme power gap]
Whatever other editor you can think of

Aren't you forgetting about TECO?

You are right, but are there even usable copies of TECO around?

Anyway, including it, the ranking is:

1. sam, ed and TECO
2. Acme and all the Emacsen
3. Vim and NeoVim
4. Vi
[Extreme power gap]
Everything else

What are you using cat and echo for?

What are you using cat for?

cat is for concatenating files. Anything else is UCB-tier.

KATE
kate-editor.org/

is vs code actually any good?

$ cat > heh.txthehhahhih^C$ more heh.txthehhahhih

Top hih

Ideally you want ^D unless your terminal settings (stty -a) have eof = ^C for some weird reason.
Unless you're in DOS or CP/M, and then it's ^Z instead.

I wish there were a less bloated version of emacs. What they should do is REPLACE elisp with guile, and then strip out most of the shit in emacs into packages. I hear the C code is a mess too.

Like seriously. How many of you guys use M-x artist-mode?

Sublime text is by far the best. But proprietary. Emacs demands too much work to get a usable editor. Atom is js shit. Neovim is right after Sublime. The rest are memes

It is made by microshit. Of course it is bad. Look at winblows and skype. How can anything made by those pajeets be good?

Which one of those editors mentioned still run on vista wangblows?

Emacs (and by extension, Spacemacs, I assume) even runs on MS-DOS.

I used QEdit in DOS, shit was cash.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_SemWare_Editor#Timeline

good job OP, you tried very hard to find the worst editor out there to make a bait thread with.
i r8 the b8 an 8 m8