Event Horizon aged better than Alien

Event Horizon aged better than Alien.

alien has honestly aged like shit

the ash-head jump-cut makes me want to puke and the alien suit is dated to hell, it looks particularly bad when it's knocked out of the escape ship at the end

I saw Alien for the first time back in 2014 and it honestly didn't scare me at all. It was well made and had atmosphere but I couldn't see much of the hype it had. Maybe it's because many iconic scenes were spoiled for me so I couldn't enjoy them, but overall so, I still couldn't find it as great as people say it was.

t. millenial

No, its sets are incredible, the writing is great, and the atmosphere is perfect.

Not sure what your point is.

They deleted that because it looked too fake, I think it looks okay. Pretty spooky, actually.

Ironic they left in much faker looking shots.

The rubber alien suit is still shit m8

Its hardly shown on screen.

At least my judgement isn't clouded by nostalgia

I first saw Alien when I was 19, I'm currently 22. If you think it's bad, you have shit taste, that's it. Go watch The Avengers, you fucking pleb.

I never said it was bad retard. Just said that it didn't seem as good as people hype it up to be.

Name a better space horror film. Alien is one of the few movies I've seen that has an alien which actually feels alien. It's not some human painted green, it's a totally different creature that is brutal and violent, you can't communicate with it, it's not from our planet, it's only goal is to live. Great movie, Alien along with Solaris are my favorite alien movies.

VILE!

Don't tend to watch horror movies in general, let alone space horrors so I don't know about that. Alien is, as I said, a well made movie and I would watch it again. It's just that I didn't find it as spectacular as others. Still a fine film I'd say.

this is a meme, it's shown plenty of times in the movie and the lighting hardly conceals it

unless you have your tv/monitor brightness turned way down. then I guess it could be passable

agreed, event horizon is pure kino, never understood the hate for it

They edited out the orgy from hell :c

Event Horizon was shit, save for VILE NO's performance as usual. Aliens was shit as well, but I guess it;s still a bit more tasteful than Event Horizon.

you're a pleb

The world needs more warhammer 40k prequels.

You've got shit taste, and everything you say is wrong, millennial trash.

Fuck you asshole, say it's a 10/10!

no

Woah, classic millennial trash. I'm 22 and I loved it, you dumb millennial.

Horror films are shit.

This.

t. pussies

Nah the sci-fi parts in alien are done better than they are in event horizon.

Horror fans are low IQ and pretentious. You are arguing about whether Alien or Event Horizon, both movies known for having muppets and fake red liquid, are more kino. It is sad.

Watches films directly made for scaring you.
The reason I don't watch them is because they can't scare me. There's no point to them if they fail at their one purpose.

Forgot the
Before "watches."

Careful what you say faggot. The opposite of horror sci-fi is shit like doctor who.

NO!

It's like the gordian knot of retardation

Event Horizon was true kino, plebs can't into intelligent science fiction

is this bait?

It's a haunted house movie set in space. There is nothing science fiction about it. And Alien is just a slasher flick set in space.

Both of these are just like the Friday the 13th where Jason becomes a cyborg on a space station.

Well its a better Doom movie than the actual Doom movie.

horror scifi is practically the only acceptable scifi, but event horizon still sucks

Nah, not by a long shot.

The only acceptable scifi are spiritual scifi such as Star Wars.

both of those movies predate jason x, so jason x is the copycat.

the doom movie wasn't even that bad, and i'm being completely un-ironic about that.

So many underage faggots on this board.

more like Millennial thinking.

nigger cuck wars is the worst example of sci fi you could find

Manchild detected

Trying too hard to not appear as a goon. We all know who you are.

OH MY GOD THAT'S THE FUNKY SHIT

trying way too hard not to appear as a redditor. we all know you are

Personally, the alien in this scene looks unintentionally funny and cute with the way it is moving towards Lambert and looking up to her like it is asking 'Are you my mommy? Please, by my mommy.'

Or maybe Solaris, Stalker, 2001 or On The Silver Globe?

WE

The acting in the chestburster scene is still 10/10.

Both Solaris and Alien are 10/10. The only reason Alien is viewed more poorly these days is because people allowed their view of it to be diluted by the shitty sequels. Imagine if there were 6 sequels to Solaris, imagine if the masses liked the sequels and talked about how great they are. While the original film doesn't technically change, your view of it would.

I will always like the look of the Alien storyboards more than the actual movie, to be honest

More like he wants some human tail

then he found out Lambert was a tranny, and killed in her in a fit of autistic xeno rage

Solaris (a film that questions the existence of the role of scientific discovery in human's soul) is infinitely more profound than Alien (survival flick in space).

They're two films with different intentions and themes, that doesn't mean that one of them is inferior to the other. They both do what they're trying to do perfectly.

So JK Rowling isn't inferior to Christopher Marlowe?