Mozilla - or how to do do perfect PR damage control

ghacks.net/2016/11/24/firefox-will-only-support-web-extensions-by-the-end-of-2017

It is a real hilarious to read that comments of Parker Lewis... performance and Webextensions are everything, customization, features and themes are nothing.

Hidden Mozilla employee who tries to persuade others that simplicity and minimalism is more worthy than features...

What for a hilarious guy :D

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/
kangax.github.io/compat-table
webextensions-experiments.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicThemeRestorer/tree/master/xpi/content/css
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14721955#p14721955
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1046166
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/12/21/webextensions-in-firefox-45-2/
github.com/aswan/webext-experiment-hello
wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions/Native_Messaging
github.com/marhag87/chrome-youtube-mpv
ghacks.net/2016/07/22/multi-process-firefox/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill enough extensions with this bullshit and I'll switch to a fork permanently. Extensions are the lifeblood of Firefox you fucking morons. This is the last straw.

Why are they forcing the move?

Why not give people the option of using older extensions if they fucking want to?

Is there some giant flaw in the current extension system that I am not aware of?

I wonder if it is possible to hire Parker Lewis. I too have some major problems which need such a dedicated damage control ;)

Perhaps he can bring back my hot bitch :P

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/ - Also, the official discussion blog post of Mozilla

FF is ded

Looks like we're going to need to settle on the best Firefox fork very soon here. Palemoon or Waterfox?

Pale Moon is outdated, Waterfox will have the same faith. There is no rescue.

Even Seamonkey will most likely lose XUL and all the advancements.

Your only hope is something like Qupzilla, Qutebrowser or Otter-Browser. One does have the relaunched QTWebkit and the 2 others may use QTWebengine which is Chromium based but are still better than actual Chromium because they only use the very core, but not the full Blink engine.

How is it "outdated"?

Why would I want Webkit diarrhea? I like Firefox's add-ons, I need a fork.

Pale Moon 27 is based on Firefox ESR 38?

Old code-base is old.

Also, Pale Moon will keep XUL - so they can never follow Mozilla after they have removed it.

Enjoy a browser with no page and no new script draft compatibility in around 1-3 years.

Why would you want Pale Moon based on anything but a version before things got really fucking cancerous?

Because you need new drafts and spedifications from kangax.github.io/compat-table which can only be updated when you have a new engine?

Pale Moon was not even able to backport Promises support, they only made it with upgrading the engine. Without a new engine, they are toast pretty soon.

Browsers don't really need to exist anymore.

All you need is a few super sites hosting everything and an app for each of them.

We've had this discussion so many times and it's always clear what fucking retards the "anti-web extensions" crowd are.
XUL is dogshit, and it's deprecated, and webextensions will even have this:
webextensions-experiments.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I can't wait until the inevitable change happens just so I can hear aspie tears, especially six months down the line when Pale Autist users will have no extensions left except for forks, they'll be stuck not only using an out of date shit browser but also an out of date shit bunch of extensions.
What's hilarious is that Pale Meme already can't run many extensions without forking them.
They're finally going to have to use SeaMonkey, another ancient browser, or just realize that they're just mentally ill.

What do you think about github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium ?
Is it any good as now-dead Firefox replacement? I've heard uBlock Origin runs on it, and some other extensions too.

Webextensions are garbage. No one wants fucking Google technology inside the browser.

This is Firefox which is supposed to have more powerful theme api and extension api.

Xul offered that. What Mozilla is doing now is to please the Chrome crows. Go fuck you! Fuck you hard fucking anti customization hater!

user, I...

Only idiots do not value customization and massive interaction with UI elements. Go back to Chrome you moron.

Again, you make it readily apparently how fucking stupid you are every time you post.
Again, they want to add more to the API. They have experiments available so you can launch an addon while also adding a new API in the process.
So does this. XUL is dogshit.
No, it's for 1) speed, 2) responsiveness 3) sandboxing, and 4) security

You do not know what you are talking about.
I suggest you fuck off.

They're both shit, so yeah.

You realize backwards compatability can require extensive excess bloat, right? This isn't so much mozilla's fault as it is the fault of extension maintainers, but like, it's fully understandable. I still refuse to waste time learning all the new shit in HTML5 and it's only been almost a decade now

Just because I'm not one of the severely mentally ill who freaked out when Australis came does not mean I'm a chrome users.
In addition, you have no idea how they want to do customization. You're straight up clueless, like every worthless degenerate always is in this thread.

Butthurt much? Why should you care what browser I use, my little purple-haired friend?
:^)

... speaks the one who hates features and customization.

You simple users are a disgusting menace which should be removed from this planet by raw force!

Whatever they will do, they will still not be as powerful as XUL ones or full themes.

This is not only about security, this is fighting their competition called Google and their try to make Chrome users switch.

Mozilla has become greedy whores who have sold their souls, who have sold their advantage to be different against being just more of the same.

Opera sold their souls too.

Now shut your mouth or i send you flying that you will never return anymore from the hole in which you are crashing!

That's an interesting question, considering retards shit up this board criticizing the browser your shit was forked from, caring greatly about what browser people use, calling them chrome users etc.
How does it feel to be severely autistic, I wonder? Maybe you'd be able to articulate it. You'd have to be to put up with all the crashes and what not, not to mention the subtle bugs in page rendering and CSS parsing that will never be fixed because it's made by one furfag.

Nice reddit spacing
Nah, and new APIs can be easily added to firefox with the link I posted above. You have no counter argument.
Again, you could write an experiment to give you access to the same things, so you do not know what you are talking about.
This is definitely about security. It's about the sandboxing and multiprocess model they're going to go forward with soon.
lmao
Yeah, you definitely are severely autistic. As I suspected.

that and all the other stuff you said we have heard again and again from Mozilla developers and their PR department. You are just another one in the long list of Mozilla apologists we have learned to spot and ignore. Too bad that some of use use their precious strength to argue over and over with you. Here is the deal! You are spotted and you have lost. Now go back to Mozilla, we do not need your kind of trolls here!

lmao
So you don't have a counter argument.
No one cares, autist.

You are basically only repeating what that Parker Lewis person is repeating too. Would not be surprised if you are one and the same guy. Mozilla is all about Chrome cloning today, no matter what they do, no matter what they speak, no matter what they code... it is all about Chrome and Google in one way or another. Even with your sugar coat in which you are hiding yourself you can't hide that ugly truth.

Google and Chrome is what Mozilla cares abut today. Same like Opera, Same like Microsoft, same like every other browser developer. It is either be like us or vanish. And for this, Google may be damned.

I didn't even read the article, I'm "repeating it" because I know it to be true, because I'm not an uneducated dumbfuck who doesn't read docs before I vomit all over Holla Forums threads.
No, more like improved security.

Again, you do not have a counter argument to any of that. Once you do, like being able to criticize the way experiments and new APIs are done, then you'd have a leg to stand on.

But as it stands, you're the same fucking mentally ill retards that shit up this board with your Pale Meme and browser discussion threads in general.

So let's try again, fuckhead. What can't be accomplished with new web extension APIs and experiments able to be developed and launched by extension authors? If you can't answer this simple question, your don't have an argument. Now fuck off.

Security... blech...
cross browser compatibility... bleck...

You guys and Mozilla do not get it at all. We do not want your simplification and your plans to make a minimalist browser which is perfect for beginners. We want our feature rich Firefox back with full themes, with add-ons which can change every aspect of the browser.

Webextension and the new Theme API is not delivering this. Mozilla only cares for Chrome compatibility and performance. And everything which was of value has to go for this goal. We had Firefox phones, Firefox OS and so much more which just was thrown into the market to compete with Google - and all failed. This will not be different.

You and Mozilla will fail, and we lovers of themes and customization will laugh about you pitiful individuals when you are realizing that money, power and influence is not everything which is worth to be gathered.

Now, go home wherever you came from. Mozilla developers have no place here.

No one cares, autist.
What can't you deliver from web extensions experiments that you can deliver from XUL, right now?
Answer the fucking question, you incompetent piece of dogshit.

Show me that you can do the same amount of customization out of the box without any add-ons in Australis or in the future which was able during FF 20's series. Show me that you can do it without any add-on usage.

You can't, now be silent!

That's not what we're discussing here.
Yeah, you're definitely mentally ill.

Also, not writing scripts are allowed. Thing is you can't. Without add-ons or scripts you are unable to customize the look and the placement of UI buttons and elements in Australis and later like it was possible in the past.

YOU ARE OWNED :)

Or show me the one Webextension variant which will be able to do that? Show me the future API which will allow me to do the same deep going stuff. Show me, come one i want to see it :D

Firefox is just becoming some more advanced flavor of Chrome. Nothing more nothing less. And now Parker Lewis, get lost.

UserChrome.css will not be gone, not that I'd expect some incompetent autist with no argument to know what that file is, and greasemonkey/stylish is going to be top priority support for these new APIs.
You do not know what you are talking about, fuckhead.

Nah, no thanks. I'll continue reminding you that you are an incompetent fuckhead who opines on shit you have no idea about.

lmao

To
You palemoon fanboys are fucking retards.

I said not scripts allowed or add-on allowed if we speak about power - you can only come up with scripts and add-ons.

Without both, Australis is a cheap imitation of Chrome. It is garbage and it stays garbage.

That's not what we're discussing in this thread.
And, again, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
UserChrome.css is not a "script" or add-on.
Please, end your life asap. You honestly think you are entitled to come onto Holla Forums and vomit your uneducated, autistic rambling while not knowing jack shit.
What a pitiful existence.

And no matter how much Xmas wrapping you pull out from your pants, a fish which is smelling like death is still smelling.

No, you do not get it. It is about native customization. Built inside customization, without adding multiple css lines on your own.

Australis loses big time against Firefox 22. Accept it and get over it.

You Chrome clone apologists are the most annoying species around. Even if i am pacifist i suggest you go to Syria and anger some Islamist and then let's see what happens with your health :)

But i guess putting on some burqa would do the trick for you too. Some people should really be clothed like that to make sure some working damage control is in charge.

Again, that satisfied all requirements originally. And, again, there's no prevention of an add-on that can apply css twaks to userchrome.css
You're just going to continue to drag out the conversation until I get tired, but the fact is that you lost. You didn't know what userChrome was, you are a drooling autist who has no business in these threads whatsoever.

I'd suggest you do just that, so you don't breed.

Wow, the autist is really mad that he's being called out for the incompetent faggot that he is.
How does it feel?

Chrome clone loser, shut up, Firefox will end as simple user browser, no matter what you say or what you argue, a lame Chrome clone stays lame :P

Australis does not have the options to change the UI in a big time on board. You can't create a nav bar clone in the status bar without using an add-on for it.

This is limiting, this is garbage. Australis IS another flavor of Chrome. More of the same, from a different organization with a different engine, but every flavor of Chrome is lame and sucks.

Chrome is and stays garbage.

Friendly reminder, this is the typical Pale Autist on this board.
Every time you defend this shit browser, they think they have a home.

And why should i drag the conversation until you get tired? It is just so funny to see a loser losing. And that is you, not me :)

Not using Pale Moon. I use Otter-Browser with the new relaunched QTWebkit :P

I already have to use Classic Theme Restorer to get my rice the way I like, and Web Extensions is going to kill that.

I'm hearing over and over that they're going to provide 'new APIs' to cover everything, but no one at Mozilla has specifically said they will enable total UI customization like classic theme restorer enables. So yeah, I'm annoyed and wary and looking for a way out.

If KDE Fiber existed I would be shilling it full time

Signed by whom? If I can add trusted devs to the list of valid signatures that's ok (ignoring WebExtensions since I know nothing about it). But if not that's complete bullshit and Mozilla needs to be nuked.

Mr. Parker Lewis, you forgot your tripcode.

Have you been living in a cave? Firefox stable and beta already only accept signed addons.

The vast majority of Classic Theme Restorer is just CSS, and there's going to be no killing of the ability to customize the backend XUL via CSS.
github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicThemeRestorer/tree/master/xpi/content/css

Even in the far future, with browser.html, Mozilla is keeping the ability to style and customize the layout of the browser.

You guys really don't know what you're talking about.

Mr. autist, you're a fucking retard.

Google clone apologists need to be gassed.

Retards that don't have an argument need to be gassed.

Firefox's ability to secure itself is directly affected by legacy extensions. When there's a security attack, you're going to blame Mozilla for not fixing the problem.

The current extension system allows too much control over the OS and filesystem. In the past, this was okay but as security concerns increase over time, this is harder and harder to secure for current versions of Firefox. The web extensions model is far more secure than the old way.

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14721955#p14721955

Oh yes, Webextensions will save Firefox rich feature set. It will even save it that much that Aris thinks about giving up - not yet 100% sure, but even the idea from an utterly talented add-on and theme developer can't be ignored.

Mozilla to the rescue, Because they know what they r doing... NOT!

So mozilla is doing something that was long overdue, why are people bitching?

I really hope he has the courage to inspire others to walk away to the right fork.

Here's why you are fucking retarded:
1) instead of deprecating userChrome/userContent with e10s, they're working on it in the context of sandboxing
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1046166
2) it has already been said again and again that there plans to be ways to customize the UI. There have been many proposals, whether by means of DOM manipulation hooks or extension points throughout the browser frontend.

Here's the thing you need to understand about browser autists:
1) They never shut the fuck up.
2) They almost never know what they're talking about.

By means of various interactions over the years with them, from /g/ to Holla Forums, you get the sense that they're just cancerous, semi-high functioning autists. Yes, real-life autists who get upset over a room being painted, for example, if no one takes great care to prepare them for the process of the room changing colors.

It's kind of hilarious, but also really annoying to listen to the autistic squawking.

The problem with this apologism is that Mozilla now has a 9-year track record of shitting on customizability. Only a fool would believe it'll be different this time.

Which will result in a compromise... somewhat but not as much as before.

No thank you, that compromise can go to hell. This only leads to more people switching to Google Chrome. Look at the official Mozilla blog about that topic.

This is even a more bad situation if you compare it with Cuntstralis

The problem with your post is that it doesn't have any facts in it. Nor have you refuted anything I've said, and I've provided countless examples (even to your standards) throughout the thread.

Why you Mozilla ambassadors or PR department cucks don't finally shut the fuck up? We know you, we smell you.

How big idiots are you?

... speaks the Chrome design and minimalism freak who is disliking features, hating customization and hating user choice.

Shut the fuck up Mozilla dev.

You now cuck, there comes the day everyone will pay for their sins. If this is not happening in front of our dear lord God and Jesus Christ, it will delivered by us when we grab your neck and put your head into the asshole of a larger than life sized cow!

Again, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Stop posting, and go back to /g/.
The official mozilla blog in this thread says nothing about this fucking topic. It's saying "no more new XUL extensions, we're going to start dedicating all our resources to web extensions and the expanded APIs."
And, in fact, in the comments of another official blog post, definitely wants to support it:
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/12/21/webextensions-in-firefox-45-2/

Samefag
Fuck off, you mentally ill retard.
Stop spamming the board.

Talk is cheap I suppose. People needed a fucking add-on to deal with the disaster of Australis and now that add-on's future is at stake. Mozilla has quite a consistent history of not rectifying bad UI decisions. I guess only time will tell what add-ons this shakes up. If it kills any of the ones that are central to my browsing experience then I'm done with Firefox, it's that simple. No amount of rationalizing on your end is going to save it.

Who is here spamming.. You provoke users and wonder why they snap about you babbling Anti customization Nazi propaganda?

Don't make me laugh!

I suggest you grab your Mozdolf Hitler Crew and go back to your fucking Google Reich - We do not want or need fascists like you here.

You are, you fucking retarded pajeet.
You made the duplicate thread, and you can't seem to bundle your mentally ill ramblings into a single post. Perhaps it's intentional, to try and make it seem like there's multiple retards like you, but it's easy to see that you're just samefagging.

Mien gott

Why would I want to use Google's botnet shitware? Is Mozilla really that out of touch? Read carefully here: we don't fucking want Chrome, we want Firefox

The term compromise is not that wrong. Or how would you love to have it changed?

Necessary evil?
The only way to survive?

It is all about gathering minimalist and simple users and bowing down to their needs. Simple users have no right to demand in which direction the feature set or the web should be turning.

Simple users should shut their mouth and be silent, because they are the only real kind of cancer which makes our planet sick.

Sure, a Firefox which looks and works like Chrome.

We know and we have heard. Countless times, we have been close to your dark places where the sun is not shining, and i assure you bro, it's a very frightening world in which you are living.

How is it called.. ignorance is bliss. You may believe truth is on your side, but hold wait, it is Google who fucks you and Mozilla right in your t*n* p*nk *ssh*l* - have to censor this as we are all human beings... more or less.

Seriously, no one knows what the fuck you are rambling about.
Take your meds, collect your thoughts, and consider the fact that there's going to be a year for developers to debate and implement ways to extend and tweak the UI in webextensions, and even longer, via webextension experiments.
github.com/aswan/webext-experiment-hello

And hey, if you want it so bad, you should research it, and contribute. That's what free software is for, after all. But we both know that you won't, because you are an incompetent aspie.

I just say put your experiments and shove it inside your ass. Chrome stays Chrome and Google inspired and created code stays Google inspired and created code.

Nothing which comes out from Google is worthwile or good. Why is it that Google is so deep inside most peoples back these days?

Free yourself and stop being Googles bitch

I make contributes to Qutebrowser so that it can be used with rebooted qt-webkit.

I will not support a group like Mozilla which still is unable to get over the fact that Google rolled them and spit them out in the end.

Too much anger is bad, Mozilla should be aware of that.

Okay, aspie. I say this:
You are an incompetent, semi-high functioning autistic that should've been aborted.
Regardless of whether you'll get your precious browser customizations, you will shit your pants, give no real thanks to the people who will make it possible, and in general just fag up browser "discussion threads" forever more.
Because, sadly, people like you are alive thanks to autismbux and/or the support of their genereous family, who have somehow not gotten the wakeup call that Billy needs to stop shitting his pants on the computer all the time and stinking up the basement and get a job.

You are alone, you are incompetent, and you have no idea how to even develop an XUL extension, and what security problems abound.

Fagging up their bug tracker is not contributing. You're an incompetent autist who doesn't know what you're talking about.
End your life, for the sake of the family and/or welfare system supporting you.

I opened this thread, and half-way through it turns into nothing but 2 fucking morons arguing with each other.

Why don't you two just both fucking shut up!

This is the most cringy thing I have read in a really long time.

Jesus fuck you two are crazy.

I'm only half fucking with the mentally defective subhuman autist. That's only after I realized that he was what I thought he was.

MAKE K-MELEON GREAT AGAIN

Glad that XUL is going into the dustbin of history, which is where it belongs.

CRY MOAR CUCK

Using Palemoon as my default browser for a year now. It's the best there is. They are not going to implement WebCancer and it will stay that way.

If I have to move I will use fucking Brave or Edge or fucking IE11 before I touch Jewgle Chrome (forks) or firecucks.

Also, anti-feminist/SJW and I voted Trump.

No one really cares about your furfag browser that'll be dead in a year thanks to:
1) out of date javascript engine
2) out of date html/css parsers
3) out of date addons
4) out of date security patches
5) lack of maintainers in general

It runs fine and better than using cuckolded browser.

There's nothing to stop Palemoon from making use of modern Gecko and Spidermonkey versions. The addons will be out of date and the speed of releases will be slow (due to smaller development team) and that's pretty much it.

Enjoy your security exploits that have long been fixed.

Except for lack of maintainers.
It took how many months to rebase to modern gecko/spidermonkey?
An understatement.

99% of my browsing is adblocked and jsdisabled in Palemoon. So I don't care.

There will be exploits found in the XUL rendering and also in the extensions that you use. The purpose of Web extensions is to sandbox the web browser extension so that it won't (theoretically) be able to control anything outside the sandbox. In the traditional Firefox extension system, this sandbox doesn't exist. The traditional extension system can access every file within the OS by default.

And that's exactly what makes XUL addons so powerfull. I'm not touching a browser without my "Open with" extension and idiots that install malitious addons from dubious sources (that somehow got signed by magic) can eat a dick with cheese.

Are you retarded?
Yeah, retarded.

You're the retarded one. "Open with" is needed to quickly open links in mpv.

Again, you didn't specify "quickly", and it's still two clicks anyways.
Regardless, that's easily done both on Firefox and Chrome with webextensions via wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions/Native_Messaging
github.com/marhag87/chrome-youtube-mpv

Does that work in Vivaldi under Windows? It's one of the main issues that keeps me from switching.

It's funny because simplicity and minimalism are about the last things mozilla devs have in mind.

6) terrible Youtube/site support
7) it's made by a furfag

I'll stay with pale meme. Yes, it's shit, but 99% of my web browsing is shitposting and I don't need good whatever support for that.
I'd like to get into surf but buttons appear with a black rectangle surrounding them.

ITT you can see the high correlation between Gecko engine users and mental illness

or should I say ghacks.net-posting faggot OPs

Should have been a banned URL along with michelhilton months ago

This. 99% of my web browsing is simple surfing. So I disable pajeetscript or flash. I also install trusted extensions. And I have sjwfox for secure tasks. I will be using Palemoon for as long as I can to avoid Jewgle Chrome botnet or sjwfox bloat.

Are you a fucking imbecile? Do you not understand how a fucking fork works? You realize Pale Moon is receiving regular updates? Source: Currently using Pale Moon.

In large part because those extensions check for the Firefox GUID instead of the Palemoon GUID ({8de7fcbb-c55c-4fbe-bfc5-fc555c87dbc4}). One quick text edit to update the GUID check to Pale Moon fixes most of them.

trirggered Gecucko user.

"I wonder if it is possible to hire Parker Lewis. I too have some major problems which need such a dedicated damage control ;)"
I don't come cheap.

"Perhaps he can bring back my hot bitch :P"
That kind of thing is cakewalk for me but it works only once per hot bitch. Also I don't come cheap.

~wake me up when September ends~

Shitstorm confirmed when this hits stable.

firepoz is so far behind now on performance and standards compatibility that trying to chase and beat chrome on those things will be impossible. They should be focusing on the next generation of the web browser where they shift to being more like a VM. What morons they must have in management today.

That's exactly what they're doing. You know nothing about Mozilla.

Servo is a meme, Firefox should switch to Blink.

Has anybody tried out Multi-Process Firefox? Also known as Electrolysis or e10S?

ghacks.net/2016/07/22/multi-process-firefox/

I'm using a new enough version but about half of the addons I use are not compatible, so it's not enabled. Does it solve the problem where say you load a 700 post thread in one tab and the whole browser including other tabs becomes nonresponsive in the ten seconds that takes? If so, that would be huge, however there are a lot of addons that do not work with it. Possible reason why they are trying to kill off the addon ecosystem?

I recently got "AzureCanvasAccelerated" working and that seems to have solved a problem I had with scrolling (specifically if using "autoscroll" or that thing that happens if you middle click and the arrows icon comes up, but it sticks and doesn't unstick until it hits the top or bottom) yeah that fucktardary seems to have resolved with azure acceleration, but this multi-process thing sounds even more interesting in terms of firefucks catching up to some basic functionality. But only if it doesn't destroy the addon ecosystem

And I'll add, if it solves the problem with one tab killing other tabs when bogged down (not being multiprocess), but makes the addons as limited as Chrome, then it solves nothing. Why not just use Chrome then?

Within two years, if an ad on a web page would make a browser crash, it's not the tab that will crash instead. The ad will simply not be displayed and the page itself will continue working fine.

Shitstorm confirmed when this hits stable.>>685337
I've been using it since it first rolled out in developer edition in v40, can't really understand how people bear to use regular Firefox without it. Even back then the vast majority of addons worked just fine with it and those that didn't got updated pretty soon, with a few exceptions. What you're really experiencing is addons not being marked compatable, possibly having minor problems in certain functionality or simply neglected to be examined, e10s detecting it and turning off. You can still force it on in about:config, which you definitely should do if you ant a smooth browsing experience without hanging the browser in huge threads.

Firefox's WebExtensions are already not as limited as Chrome.

In one year they made 76% of the "cross-browser" part of WebExtensions very easily portable to Firefox, plus added an amount of Firefox-only APIs, like webRequest that makes NoScript work (You don't get that on Chrome btw).

This year they will focus on Firefox-only API as a high priority so that most of Firefox's add-on base can work in the future. They are going to provide a theme customisation API that should be at least on par with Vivaldi's.

The purpose of this is so that add-ons won't break anymore from Firefox changes, which has long be a pain in the ass for everyone and the tradeoff of Firefox add-ons power.

The community does need to stress out that they want Firefox to have the most powerful add-ons and most customizable UI in the market. This kind of healthy pressure helps ensure that a company won't lower priority for this aspect of their product.

Thanks for the news user. Here's looking forward to a future with minimal disruptions in the Firefox extensions.

pleb here. does this mean no more adblock? if that's the case then into the recycling bin it goes

No such thing. Adblockers will work 100% :)

WTF?

Thus continues the long slow painful decay of a formerly-dearly-regarded browser.

When Chromium Based browsers can obey my Window Decorations, Visual Styles, color settings, titlebar, and tab position (below the address bar) then we'll talk. Until then, I won't be using one.

Outdated, as in functional? Then yes I'm glad it is.

It gets security updates from the latest branch if they effect Pale Moon too. Anyone claiming otherwise is just spouting failed memes created by Mozilla FanNuBois.

Plugins are still possible though, right?

"Browser fanboys", ladies and gentlemen. The worst of Silicon Valley and graphics card ricers combined.

Can confirm. Since 49 the webms don't play properly. Though i doubt blink is the proper answer.

Yeah, except as the Pale Autist (Furry Manchild) has admitted, Firefox is increasingly being refactored and not many fixes will apply to Pale Moon in the coming years. Good luck maintaining a browser by yourself.

More like a simple question of resources of maintainership. I'm not going to use some autists out of date fork of a complex piece of software with ~4 million excutable LoC. At least Chromium forks take great care to rebase and keep up to date. The way Pale Moon chooses to freeze in time leaves it hurting for maintainers.

Too bad servo has nothing to do with your gstreamer/ffmpeg or whatever platform specific backend.

You guys should try arguing without throwing Holla Forums tier insults and emoticons. But I guess it's too much to ask for from this board.

That could mean one of two things. 1) PaleMoon will be able to ignore certain security updates as it won't effect it, or 2) It just means a bit more work for MoonChild's team to create a patch. I don't see how this is different than any other project.

The Mozilla codebase is a mess of failed experiments. I would not necessarily say it is his fault he cannot rebase his code on a more recent version. Mozilla has no interest in fixing the problems with their code, they're more interested in testing new UXs and changing acronyms that sound offensive to SJW types.

Maintainers for browsers are a hard thing to come by. It takes someone who is really dedicated to want to work on a huge project like that, especially when it comes to trying to understand the Mozilla codebase.

Fail Moon only exists because of Mozilla, right now it's using Firefox 38. It can't exist without updating to the work Mozilla has done or it'll eventually break.

Blink is open source, there is no point in maintaining two engines when web browsers are becoming less and less relevant.