Webm Thread - sciency edition

space/chemistry/physics topics

Chem stuff appreciated. the space stuff gets repetitive

What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun?

Both suns would be the same size and ice-made sun's temperature would be -1000 degrees of celsius and normal sun's temperature +1000 degrees of celsius.

Would their combined effects cancel each other out so that instead there would be only empty space or one 0-degree sun?

old ass meme there

3/10 troll. Flat earth would have been better

stick sticky science jizz

No, because ice can only absorb a small amount of heat. A hot sun literally runs on thermonuclear forces. The energy between atoms is far greater than atoms where are simply very cold.

The leidenfrost effect is cool as fuck.

You are feeding a system that fuses hydrogen a shitload of hydrogen H2O.
The sun gets bigger, hotter and burns faster.

some oldequal dump some demotivationals already.

I've seen some crazy experiments with people sticking their hands in molten metal to demonstrate

When the moon was all volcanic and shit would it have lit up the night sky?

The moon has no atmosphere, so if you were really close orbiting in space, it would look cool as shit. If you're asking whether someone could see it from earth, I think it wouldn't be as amazing with no telescope since volcanic activity actually takes forever. We'd just see orange-red colors changing shape from month to month.

Sounds from that mp4 should be used in rpg game.

Loving science (especially chemistry) is a difficult thing these days. People always think Im making bombs or drugs, I make neither, I just love chemistry. I feel for people who like radiochemistry, theirs is a hard love, governments hate it.

Who is that guy and what is he peddling? I want to look him and his "experiment" up before I completely dismiss him for the snake-oil salesman he probably is.

is this legit?

yup. just made some the other day. :P bleach and ammonia smell terrible by themselves but when mixed together… hnnng. best scent evar!

Good luck getting your lungs melted faggot.

I know this feel.

I love chem simply because so many cool things are so easy. Pyrotechnics 5evar, homebrew tequila gets distilled next weekend!