New Who

Image copyright BBC, Ray Burmiston Image caption Matt King will follow Peter Capaldi as Doctor Who in 2017

'Genuine delight'

Image copyright BBC, Ray Burmiston Image caption King outside Tardis in the new Doctor Who promo

www.digitalspy.co.uk/doctor-who-new-doctor

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.hu/search?q=pearl mackie actor&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT_pz_xN_SAhVBqiwKHZIRAOwQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=638
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He looks like a bootleg.

I'm surprised it isn't a black transgender woman

Plot Twist: He IS playing a black transgender woman. You are just being prejudiced by his appearance.

They're gonna make him gay. A bit outdated, but it'll get the job done hehe :^))))

He looks okay. I wonder what kind of costume will they fit him in.
Sounds cool
I welcome him with open arms!

Article does not exist.

he's a fucking white male

As it always should be.

Fucking Super Hans is the new Doctor. Who knew? Could work.

interesting that the last two they've cast are known for their roles in adult programs.

Not seeing any evidence that this is a real article.

Also it's kind of a bad photoshop job that that OP picture, but British media is generally terrible and incompetent so wouldn't have been surprising if it was real.

Why does anyone care about NuWho anyway? Seemed like Moffat had run out of ideas ages ago and was just putting absolute shit out for a while now.

Moffat is going away, and the Christmas episode was quite cool. If the article is real, the series could become better - at least in the season after this next one

I thought it was going to be a blak stronk wymyn?

Not a real article.

There's still hype that a strong independent wymyn will get the role.

That was the new companion shown who was black, even though we already had one I think during the Tenant era. New one is more stereotypical with the fro though.

If they were going to do a next who, just to appease the tumblr crowd, they'll just give them a bone and make who a woman eventually. Not like I care, there was already a character that was a timelord that came back as a woman when before they were a man. I just expect they'll really overemphasize "modern women problems" instead of a good script (whatever a good new Dr. Who script standard is).

Not just the hair, but the face too. The previous one was prettier and she was a very smart medical student. This new one is working in a McDonald's level "food"-thingy, is ugly and I guess she will be funny, because Martha wasn't funny for sure…
It is well known that Moffat will never let them do this, and since this season is still his, at the end, he has his word in the choice of the next one. So the Doctor may be gay, but he will still be a white guy. As you've pointed out, they already have the perfect black companion, now a black Doctor would be redundancy, and a woman is not necessary, because then who would the female companion outwit/outfeel, etc.?
If we count the Time Lord general in Heaven's Sent, there were 2…

how do you define 'ugly'?

There will never be a black or woman doctor. It's too late. It's Superhans now and he's ran out of lives. Unless…

Just look at her

google.hu/search?q=pearl mackie actor&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT_pz_xN_SAhVBqiwKHZIRAOwQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=638

He looks like a chintzy bootleg of Tennant.

There's nothing wrong with that

Bring back the 9th!

Seeing old number 10 is making me a bit nostalgic, I haven't seen the early episodes of nuwho since they came out.

Is that the 'uh, racist and sexist much' girl?

Except they could've just gotten Tennant back.

shit, i might actually check this out. Super Hans was my favorite character in Peep Show.

That could actually work though.

Literally Who?

i dont even watch this shit but this is fucking hilarious. i cant believe he went from that role to this. incredible.

Like how? Regenerating back into a pervious incarnation? I bet he doesn't want to come back either.

It wouldn't be unbelievable. Most Doctors were literally whos, or people who'd been in maybe one or two things before they got the role. Tom Baker was working on a building site.