BREAKING: Brazil's acting president used to be US intel informant - WikiLeaks

rt.com/news/342933-temer-us-brazil-spying/
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/731130181541302272

This pretty much settles that the recent coup was US-sponsored. Almost the same as Ukraine 2014, but this time it was achieved without as much violence because instead of igniting ethnic conflict, they managed to pay off the senators for an impeachment process.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_power
twitter.com/AnonBabble

See? Look how many foreign powers are actually on America's side! Don't you want 4 more years of our current policies?

Fugg I forgot to pray for Dilma.

Ok so:

All that remains is Bolivia and Ecuador.
The US has pretty much dismantled the Pink Tide.

the pink tide wasn't particularly leftist to begin with. Still better than neoliberals though.
I remember Chomsky saying something to the effect that South America was finally beginning to reject U.S. influence and go its own way about a year ago. Guess he was wrong.

Dilma kinda sucked, but still

Anyway, I remember in a college class (a general overview type class on the modern world that I had to take despite the fact that I majored in history and it was a general ed class) the professor was talking about all the US sponsored coups and said they don't happen anymore. I raised my hand and politely said I still think they happen… he shrugged it off, he knew I was the smartest person in the class on history and US policy

I hate to say it, but I was more than right

COMMENT DISCARDED.

My firm belief is that the failure of the pink tide was in not genociding the old oligarchs. We are talking about people who have been well off for generations and will not leave their grip in power for anything in the world, so they will be ready to collaborate with whoever presents himself as a "pro economy" candidate and will talk trash about whatever populist or leftist candidate gets in their way.

REVISIONISM CONFIRMED

You're going on such an epic ragequit right now. I've never seen someone on this board get so triggered by one person's differing ideology.

agreed. Most of the media in Brazil was still owned by capitalist shills who turned the public against Rousseff. Chile had the same problem with pro-pinochet judges keeping the dictatorship from being punished.
Latin America needs to remove porky, fast.

There are many alternatives besides murder.
Simply stripping them of their assets is the most obvious.

What about the Cubans trying to sabotage their own country due to the revolution though? hell, they even tried to invade it once.

Muerto el perro se acaba la rabia, man. You know the rightist will frame you as a commie terrorist and disappear you if it was in their power.

Should have been obvious to everyone that without the cold war the US wouldn't get less imperialist, it would be more so, because now there's nobody to stand up to them.

And if we are to claim any degree of superiority over them then we must not stoop to such levels.

But when the people organize in guerrillas liberals eat au all the porky propaganda and help the armed movements sink.

yeah but Cuba was a success, the Pink Tide is apparently not.

After the Cold War I think American intelligence agencies realised that the old school "pro-American juntas seize power and massacre opponents, but only to protect the people from godless gommies" wasn't going to fly anymore, so they went after subtler means of destabilisation.

They just cut out the middle man and started invading/droning the countries directly.

fuck off faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_power

But to be fair I think Iraq and Afghanistan will be the last gasp of the conventional-invasion-to-achieve-geopolitical-goals.

Not really, nobody likes the current government, but it will sure as hell do anything possible to stay in charge until 2019 (end of presidential period) at least. The TSJ and CNE regularly pull things out of their asses regarding the laws and the referendum.

Also, the reply that shows up at the top (at least for me):

"@wikileaks and why didn't you publish this information until he was appointed?"

Joseph Nye is trash and so are you.

top reformism, you think the Kirchners were leftist in any sense? Fucking peronists are the scum of this country and lobotomized the working class and the syndicates, being literally the continuation of the peronist neoliberal guvmnt of the nineties, fuck the lot of them

This seems a little important