Facepalm of the Year Award goes to

Belding High School, for replacing their racially insensitive Redskins mascot with the infinitely less racially insensitive mascot, the Black Knight.

Top fukin kek. Someone had to know what they were doing

post em

OMG, that has to be fake. Nobody is really that stupid.

No shit, it is real.
www.woodtv.com

2006 called. They used a landline because cellphones weren't as popular back then.

Also they called you a faggot.

My high school changed our name from "the white knights" to "the knights" which was stupid because even though "white knights" has a connotation it has never had anything to do with race. Also there weren't any black people at the school to get offended about.
Changing anything because it's not pc anymore is stupid, like Yale is considering changing the name of one of the colleges from "Calhoun College", some HP Lovecraft award got changed. It's just bullshit and assume that as a society we're at the epitome of morality.
In 20 years feminists are going to start petitioning to change MLK Blvds across the country to something else because he cheated on his wife. And then in 100 years people are going to change the Obama award because he rode around in a diesel SUV. There's just no end to it and no telling what might not be ok at some point in the future.

THIS IS APPROPRIATION OF ROMAN CULTURE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Looks like they let the students choose. How very white of them.
LOL!

That is funny shit right there. Good for them!

pic related
It is what your posts make you sound like.

Here's what my post actually sounded like.

test

Black Knights Matter!
kek

I foresee a school board getting recalled very soon!

That is just fucking awesome race trolling. I hope they don't get forced to drop it.

It's not racist, because black people were never knights. They weren't even anything close to a knight, like a yeoman or imperial guard, or even a samurai.

It would be offensive if the name chosen was the "Black Niggers" or "Black Savages", but "Black Knights" clearly refers to white people who were knights with black banners.

It also refers to chess, a game which has never produced an black Grandmaster in its history.

My town also had a school with "Redskins" as the mascot. It's been that way for more than 100 years and none of the local Native American councils have ever had a problem with it. When the order came to change it to something "less offensive" they sent tribal representatives to go along with the school's representatives so that they could make it known that having a school with a Redskin mascot was a point of pride for them.

When they got there, the people in charge of ordering the change would only refer to Redskin as "The R-word". When one of the tribal reps said that it made him uncomfortable, they responded that they were required to censor offensive words in a government hearing.

The trip wasn't completely in vain. We convinced them that removing indian-built statues and painting over indian-made murals would be WAY more offensive than leaving them in place. The school mascot has been changed to "Tribe", but not much else has changed.

The race of the knights isn't the issue, user. The Black Knights were called that because they were the opposite of the chivalrous do-good regular knights. They were violent, and murderous. Spencer's poem's Black Knight (the one on which the Monty Python Black Knight character is based, pic related) was the embodiment of the sin of Pridefulness. So you have all those negative connotations on top of the word BLACK right in front of a mascot which was supposed to be non-racial. It is a top to bottom fail!

*samefag*
I forgot pic related!

Cell phones were popular before the iPhone came out in 2007. Do you know what a Blackberry is?

Could be worse… could be a nigger

Popular, but not as popular as they are now.

The iPhone made cell phones 'normal'.