Canvas Tracking General

Canvas Tracking General

What is the solution to this problem? There are a lot of privacy tools and add-ons that reduce your trackability, but there doesn't seem to be one that smudges the canvas fingerprint.

amiunique.org/fp
What's your score, user and how do we regain our privacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

pagefair.com/blog/2015/ad-blocking-report/
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protection-Mode
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/
trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6253
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't use JavaScript. It's not necessarily a practical solution, but it is the only one.

You can do a little better if you don't send any headers at all. Pic is the result of:
openssl s_client -connect amiunique.org:443GET /fpNoJs HTTP/1.0
But probably the only way to blend in is to use most common OS and browser, or to fake it somehow (with a proxy?) Only trouble is, the servers sometimes change the data they send to you based on the info you send them, so they might send a formatting back to you that your browser doesn't understand quite right. Happens to me in some places when I use Links and select the option "Fake Firefox (improves privacy)" in the setup menu.

That's a bad thing you retard

You could use a user-agent switching addon. The ideal result is that your browsing behavior now looks like that of a few different people using slightly different browsers.

This won't fool canvas tracking, obviously, but presumably trackers would give equal weight to the user agent string.

Obv.

35.79 % of observed browsers are Chrome, as yours.2.20 % of observed browsers are Chrome 53.0, as yours.15.90 % of observed browsers run Linux, as yours.66.14 % of observed browsers have set "en"as their primary language, as yours.2.87 % of observed browsers have UTC-6 as their timezone, as yours.However, your full fingerprint is unique among the 249756 collected so far. Want to know why?

same with Brave 'fingerprint protection' on.

Only 45% of visitors to this site had "Use of AdBlock: no". pagefair.com/blog/2015/ad-blocking-report/ has Poland and Greece as darkest red with like 37% adblock use.

But supposedly Brave has canvas and WebGL fingerprint protection: github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protection-Mode

Blender (firefox add-on) does allow you to blend in, but it doesn't help against canvas tracking.

There's also an add-on called canvas fingerpring blocker, but it only notifies you and allows you to block it.

I wish this thing had popularity numbers or some shit

kys

Same here, but I use Chromium. Using CanvasFingerprintBlock

no, it does the blocking too, I remember one site not loading because of that, I think it was vid.me

I smell bullshit

Also it gets your screen resolution wrong if you use any kind of high dpi screen scaling

This is why jewgle created chrome and pushed so hard for html5. If this shit was disabled by default in any major browser they would lose billions in ad revenue, because their entire business model is build upon the ability to track, categorize and profile users.

10 -15 years ago this shit would've been disabled and blocked by default, because users wouldn't have put up with it, but today everything is enabled and pozzed by default. Couple this shit with metadata & browsing history analysis and they know more about yourself than you.

The site is not actually tracking you, it's just checking if you can be tracked. Also, getting one two things wrong, doesn't make a difference if there's enough data about you.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/ ?

Adblockers can block pretty much anything as long as it's an external file reference. If the ad is built into the page, it may be more difficult to distinguish the ad apart from the other data. However, it is normal practice for ads to be hosted by third party ad servers so this is normally not a problem in practice.

ha ha

nice try OP

you fucking

faggot

I already run a user agent switcher so this site is shit

lol

It's a start.

Even uMatrix won't do it unless you block all of javascript entirely.

CanvasBlocker is like it's designed by retards when the concept of "user friendliness" hadn't been invented yet.

Do you forget
>>>I C P fuck the world privacy

Tor Browser addressed it 4 years ago.
trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6253

Precisely, you egotripping edgelord faggot. He's pointing it out.