Google, an Obama ally, may face policy setbacks under Trump

Alphabet Inc's (GOOGL.O) Google faces a tougher regulatory landscape as U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's incoming administration looks poised to reverse Obama administration policies that often favored the internet giant in the company's battles with telecoms and cable heavyweights, analysts say.

Google had close ties with outgoing Democratic President Barack Obama's administration, and its employees donated much more to defeated Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton than to the Republican Trump.

During Obama's presidency, more than 250 people moved between jobs at Google or related firms and the federal government, national political campaigns and Congress, according to a report this year by the Campaign for Accountability watchdog group's Google Transparency Project.

In the stolen and leaked emails of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta disclosed by WikiLeaks, an adviser wrote a memo to Clinton in 2014 that said "working relationships with Google, Facebook, Apple, and other technology companies were important to us in 2012 and should be even more important to you in 2016, given their still-ascendent positions in the culture."

reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-google-analysis-idUSKBN13C2XK

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4150891/republican-debate-donald-trump-internet/
teaparty.org/flashback-donald-trump-calls-execution-edward-snowden-112468/
reason.com/blog/2016/11/18/watch-trumps-reported-pick-to-run-the-ci
theregister.co.uk/2016/11/16/trump_vows_to_end_the_era_of_slacktivism/
theregister.co.uk/2016/11/09/silicon_valleys_oligarchs_got_a_punch_in_the_head_and_thats_actually_good_thing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good.

fuck google. fuck alphabet.

it's about time for some more competition in Holla Forums

even if it's less about new competition and more about less playing favorites.

The fact that they had the audacity to name themselves "Alphabet Inc" tells you everything you need to know. It also makes the claim that Trump was the fascist, laughable.

I hope Google dies.

If Google works for the Government, I guess Trump is now the head of Alphabet.

The big problem is that he's going to roll back network neutrality legislation.
The republicans don't even have a good excuse. Their only excuse was that "Obama tryna take oba da intuhneht."
Now they'll just get rid of the regulations with some half-assed excuse about network neutrality "harming consumers because it stifles innovation."
The same bullshit from economists who peddle bullshit opinions for thousands of dollars and hour about "economies of scale" that have never been observed in any merger.

So yeah, they're going to innovate all right. They're going to innovate straight up everyone's asses.
The only way I'll be pleasantly surprised is if it's just a lame duck, they drop all recent regulatory plans. Like trying to eliminate the bullshit cable box rental fees or trying to stop ISPs from offering certain services to be exempt from data caps, which entirely contradicts network neutrality.

And by "democratic", they mean "pro entrenched establishment and corporate lobbying". That's why they don't like Trump.

The only things companies compete for are money and market share, not customer satisfaction, and they'll happily collude if that makes them the most money (see ISPs in Clapistan). If you happen to benefit from competition between businesses, it's just a lucky coincidence.

Fuck off redditor. Net neutrality shouldn't even exist, but you faggot leftists bit the b8 instead of demanding those big corporations be broken up to create competition. So instead you were tricked into wanting regulations that allow the companies to continue to fuck you in the ass in every other way possible but you can still claim you won. Enjoy your data caps, faggot.

Enjoy your extremely limited bandwidth as well.

That didn't even make sense. Are you high?

how so. You are committing the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" fallacy.

No matter how bad the Clinton campaign was, it doesn't make Trump good.

Never forget:
time.com/4150891/republican-debate-donald-trump-internet/
teaparty.org/flashback-donald-trump-calls-execution-edward-snowden-112468/

We have some of those where I come from. I pay €20 a month for contractless, uncapped and unthrottled 4G.

net neutrality is absolutely necessary to guarantee free speech on the Internet, at least until the government starts providing the equivalent of public roads with tax money. Right now it's impossible to communicate with one another on the Internet without running through the whim of greed fucks and ideologues of all sorts.

You are a deontological simpleton, pseudo-libertine retard who masturbates to the feel of opposing anything left. Also, why would you demand big corporations be broken up if you are so anti-regulation? Even anti-trust policies are government regulation, for fucks sake.

my sides

I would like to see your face when Holla Forums is taken down by Trump's future Internet safety adviser Ted Cruz

Don't be naive. Everything the FCC has touched has turned into shit. The net neutrality bills have asbsolutely nothing do with net neutrality. It's all about increasing regulations to kill upstart companies who can't afford to comply with them. Net Neutrality legislation =/= net neutrality. Whenever Chuck Schumer and other corporate whores are on board with your cause your bs meter should go off.

The tech bubble is on the tipping point of bursting, VR is selling like shit and all the new resources are being used for a handful of doomed projects, unless another Burger company makes the next smartphone and every idiot on the planet buys it I doubt they're surviving the 2020's.

Citations are needed for those accusations there buddy

If your post is right that means it's unrelated to his post, because he was talking about net neutrality, not about the legislation in the US.

There's nothing to comply with. It's "don't throttle traffic" with some exceptions, DDoS for example.
And a process to settle peering disputes in front of the FCC.
That's all network neutrality regulations are.
You're fucking retarded.

you're in no position to mock libertarians

at this very moment Trump's CIA director pick is doubling-down on killing Snowden:
reason.com/blog/2016/11/18/watch-trumps-reported-pick-to-run-the-ci

the guy is amazingly vindictive and shameless. It's been 3 years and the intelligence community and Washington are still butthurt and embarrassed for what they were exposed. They will never accept their wrongdoing

he is not bad as her but he isnt far from that and I cant even type this on Holla Forums since they would ban me for this

choose one

Ed Snowden is a massive fag though. Snowden should still be pardoned but not for his sake.

More on the topic. It's not just Google that's about to get put in it's place.

theregister.co.uk/2016/11/16/trump_vows_to_end_the_era_of_slacktivism/

theregister.co.uk/2016/11/09/silicon_valleys_oligarchs_got_a_punch_in_the_head_and_thats_actually_good_thing/

The fuck is this article from the register?
Network neutrality isn't 'slacktivism.'
But hey, I guess you'll love everything except approved content being throttled unless you pay more.

A tougher regulatory landscape is exactly what companies the size of Google want. Google can afford to have an in-house legal team; a company with less than 100 people can't.

Did you even read the article? It's saying that sanfran hipsters will actually have to canvass support in meatspace to get shit done instead of just calling Obongo to write an EO or some shit.

Network neutrality had nothing to do with executive orders.
The author weaves it into the article because he's a faggot.

That's what you think

Trump is gonna' tear the FCC a new asshole in about two months

No, it's a fact.

Fuck off, aspie.